Your "Destiny" & the North Node

StillOne

north node aries 9th south node libra 3ed I have no idea have been trying to figure this out as well lol. I guess I really value my independence and freedom (mentally) and do what I want.

I see you living your NN L2K! I see it here on this board. You are exploring the realms of higher thinking (astrology, spirituality, etc of 9th house) while at the same time being adamant about doing it your own way (aries)!

lazarusx

Llollll you do have a point! I also found this link http://northnodeastrology.blogspot.com/2008/05/south-node-3rd-house-north-node-9th.html If you scroll down to the bottom right there is more links to Node houses and sign placements.

The timing of this is unbelieavble.

I also have the south node in 3rd, north node in 9th. And im right on the front-lines of dealing with the issues of my SN's placement. I am reluctant to move on from the familiar, i am so heavily buried in routine and habit that i've paralyzed myself and stopped growing. And typically i procrastinate on here or wherever i can express myself (Leo 3rd house) in an effort to delay the inevitable.

This week, im trying to work up the courage to book an overseas solo backpacking trip because i feel a need to travel and meet new people (Aquarias 9th house) which i've been working towards for some time now; and i really don't think i can convince myself not to do it anymore, there's a fear of leaving the familiar behind but it's also become a dead place of stagnation.

It's almost a feeling of; this is the only way forward, it has to be done. Which is really daunting because in the past i've always felt like i could just avoid what i was afraid of, but i dont think i can anymore.

Last edited:

Love2Know

Very interesting!!!!! A few days after my 19th birthday, several years ago now:( I went away to the other side of the country alone for work. Relationships, people and myself were getting me so down and I was like Enough!!!!!!!!!! I got up and booked a ticket and didn't look back. I stayed at a hostel for a bit, I made friends from all around the world who had the wonder lust! I mean there was really wild and crazy moments cuz I was a rowdy teenager still. Several months later two friends surprised me by randomly showing up, got a job at the same hotel as me and joined me lol. So fun!!!!!!!You should do it! I came back several months later and people would say I was glowing! They also said I came back a different person since then. It will be a very rewarding experience, it was tough because it was hard work but it made me a lot stronger inside. I wish you luck!

Last edited:

PD187540

North Node Gemini 6th House/South Node Sagittarius 12th House

As a Capricorn Rising, career means a LOT to me, and I'm ambitious to the point of death. Speaking of death, that is my business: pathology/autopsies. I was just accepted into a Master's degree in Pathology that's starting in May, and I can't WAIT to move out, get my own place, and start putting down roots in my career.

I've also had feelings that I was an imprisoned murderer in a past life who's been given a chance to redeem myself by doing something good in this life. Why do I think I was a past murderer? Go to my profile and use my chart as reference for what I'm about to say here:

Neptune conjunct South Node in 12th house (past imprisonment)....In this life, I prefer to always be alone and mostly shut myself up in my room whenever I have spare time. I have a very bitter and cynical attitude towards humanity in general, and I have had thoughts of actually killing someone. (And I absolutely refuse to seek any sort of antidepressant medication since I am in no way depressed.) I'm just very realistic and factual about the state of current affairs in the world.

Now in this life, I have my North Node in the 6th house....Healthcare. What type of career am I interested in? Pathology (Saturn conjunct Pluto at the MC). I guarantee you that I have to use a scalpel in my work as a form of catharsis....You have no idea how amazing it is for me to hold a scalpel in my hand and to slice through dead tissue and diseased organs. It's like I'm releasing all my pent-up murderous energies with a sharp blade in order to do GOOD in this lifetime.

For some reason, I really messed up in a past life, and in this one, I was given a chance at redeeming myself. Yes, I still have very murderous tendencies and thoughts, but my deeds are tamer and it's all about channeling those thoughts and tendencies for public well-being.

All of this is in my chart, and I think I've just discovered the key to unlocking its meaning.

I have NN in Scorpio in the 11th conjunct Venus, and SN in Taurus in the 5th.

Since my mean NN is conjunct Venus, I feel like I was destined to become more loving, open to love, etc. I have always been guarded and unsure about love and what it means in my life... since I grew up with emotionally unstable people who really changed my views about trusting others and having healthy relationships. I think that it's my destiny to become a more openhearted person, and to embrace the Venusian side of me that I actually tend to dislike. I'm a Libra sun, but I don't like being a Libra. I have never identified with the Libra qualities. Although my NN is in Scorpio conjunct Venus in Scorpio, I think that's telling me that I need to accept that it's OK to be loving and trust other people, that's the only way you're going to grow and become accepted by others. Having the NN in the 11th with a stellium of Scorpio planets is no coincidence. I've always been a sheltered person against my will, and I think having the NN here is reassuring me that nothing terrible will happen if I uproot myself like I've always desired to and go out and face the world, and find others who can support my artistic goals.

My destiny is to connect to other people and form a group of some kind... or to associate with some kind of group. I don't know what that will be yet, but maybe something humanitarian, which is what I have been interested in for years.

Since NN is conjunct Venus, that also means that my Venus is opposite my SN, which further emphasizes that I probably have always felt wary or even rejected when it comes to emotional attachments, according to one site I read. I can say that is mostly true. I always feel emotionally unfulfilled when I attempt to get closet family members. I think having NN in the 11th is telling me, stop asking for what your family can't give you, and find others out there in the world who can give you the love you deserve. It's sort of bittersweet but I don't feel hateful or bad about it at all, since many people I was close to growing up had tough lives that changed them over the years. It is what it is, I guess.

tokyo.lights

If you have a Cancer North Node - I don’t know if you've heard "Sometimes You Can’t Make It On You Own" by U2, but it’s about Bono’s father who had North Node in Cancer.

If anyone has a Capricorn South Node you should give the song a listen. It covers all Capricornian SN faults...fear of dependence, bossy, need for control, distant...everything! I started choking up when I realized this song describes me so well lol:crying:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuDqHtAR6L8

MantisReligiosa

Does anybody know what Mars square the nodes means?

I read a description once that said something along the lines of "you're a wimp, and need to toughen up" :annoyed:.

I also have Moon and Jupiter square my nodes..oh, my poor little Nodes. I don't like all these squares, looks like a high risk situation.
I also have NN sextile Uranus, conjunct Mercury..so I obviously need to keep my left side(of ma' brain) running well to reach my destiny.

Also, any thoughts on the orbs allowed? Moon squares my Nodes at almost 4 degrees orb difference..sonds like a lot.

knowhow999

I also have NN in Pisces. Currently I have a stellium of planets all piled up in my 12th house. I feel compelled to focus on the spiritual side of existence. My psychic experiences are increasing. The spirits I hear are louder than ever.
I am an RN with years of working with patients and families and feel a lot of joy in having focused on helping others during this life:happy:time. I could never have been happy in life without responding to the spiritual side of reality.
Joy= helping other people and increasing light and love on this plane of existence.

I hope you enjoy your NN too.

Blessings

serafin5

I have NN in Cancer in the 8th (SN Capricorn, 2nd)and I was always happier being a workaholic and saving my money like when I was younger. Seems like every time I work my way out of the house where I'm not helping some family member watch their kid or cleaning something happens to sabotage this and pretty soon I'm back home again. I really was happier working, getting a check, cultivating friendships, etc. etc. (And no planets aspect either one).

Oh well. Really good thread!

Thanks,
Serafin5

Love2Know

My bf is NN 12 cancer and he is very down to earth practical into sports and money and buisness nothing like NN 12cancer....... Hmm except I talk to him about spiritually openishhh stuff...... im his wacky gf who talks about my crazy dreams and stuff.. And astrology hmm he is def not fitting Nn 12 cancer he would fit my NN 9 Aries more lol well he is in a family buisness! so NVM but the 12 I dunno... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXzfkF4aCNk&feature=related Ok I dedicate eye of the tiger to other NN Aries....9th and to myself. Muhahaha I love this song

Last edited:

Jai Kishen

I have NN in 6th house in sag. conj uranus and perfect trines my jupiter in 2nd (in virgo) , but i still dont know what does it mean ,
but i think it denotes my love towards working out and being a workaholic ..

Love2Know

I have NN in 6th house in sag. conj uranus and perfect trines my jupiter in 2nd (in virgo) , but i still dont know what does it mean ,
but i think it denotes my love towards working out and being a workaholic ..

Do my homework and work out for me plz :( :)

Jai Kishen

ehhh.... u need caffine to do ur homework ? and work out ?

odd .... i thought u needed brains and determination :p

(lol jk)

Jai Kishen

ehhh........ voodoo doll is used for controlling others (as far as i know) and how does that give determination to u ? (for working out)

*scratches his head*

Last edited: