When do you use which?

cjc

Just curious. For those of you who currently live far from your birthplace, when do you use natal and when do you use relocated? Especially for transits? Maybe even natal house placements?

I've found answers in my relocated (Asc from 3Tau34 (N) to 22Vi18 (R)) that I couldn't see in my natal, but it's stretching things further than I normally like to.

Input and experiences much appreciated.

Thanx,

c

aquarius7000

Cjc,

Personally, I use relocated when doing transits, progressions, and solar returns, and I have found this method quite accurate.

Hope this info helps
:)aquarius7000

cjc

Thanx, A7,

Is this for your own or others' charts?

Either way, I'll watch house transits more now...

One of my major experiences with the relocated chart happened one night when a special lady was finally supposed to come over for dinner... We got a major freak snowstorm, and she had to cancel. Couldn't find anything in my natal... but Mercury had gone Rx right then on the 7th house cusp of the relocated.

Just one other thing, though... I've always been under the impression that progressions were to be restricted to the natal???

Thanx again,

c

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Some astrologers may feel that way about progressions, but I try it both ways in my case (natal and relocation) - the difference is minimal.

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Oh, I missed out on the other question in your post.

If I have the relocated data of other persons, who want me to do their charts, then I always try to use that. For transits esp, it is necessary and advisable to do so, I feel. As I said earlier, I've found this way to be more accurate.

I am a bit busy at the moment, so will have to keep this short, but will try to return later.

cjc

Thanks, A7...

But relocation in a progression would swing the angles and houses way far from their natal positions....?

c

aquarius7000

Using relocation data is like re-casting a birth chart with the same birth date and time, but different latitudes and longitudes. This will cause the 'new' chart to have all similar planetary placements as the natal chart, but different angles. When I do transits & progressions, I use the city/country of relocation to calculate the transits, progressions (both of which are future-oriented) to see how the native will be affected/ do as per thid 'particular location'. As mentioned earlier, I have done well so far with this technique.

Best

tikana

guys/gals

I tell you what

i have seen relocation charts work and fail. I supposvely have a wonderful chart in LA .. I HATE it here with passion. heat and size of the city annoy living hell out of me + people.. i want little to nothing to do with LA.

so i tell you this ... try both .. relocation via solar return solar return from birth place and progressions with both ... you could be more sensitive to relocated than to birth place and vice versa

Cheers
Tik

cjc

But beyond liking/not liking LA, Tik, which do you find more accurate... transits to the angles/houses in the natal or relocated?

Thanx,

c

tikana

Definately transits to angles!

You just cant get wrong with it!

progressions to natal

Moon
asce
MH
sun

will do the most accuracy on month but transits by big planets usually nail within week or 2

personally, i go by eclipses.. I am very sensitive to them. They cast six months mood and motions

I cannot really judge on natal or relocation cause i moved 11 hours behind so it is kinda hard to tell !

Tik

cjc

Sorry, Tik,

I may have been a bit unclear... I meant are the transits to the angles etc more accurate in the natal or the relocated. I've always used natal with varying degrees of success, but when I saw this topic, I wanted to see what others thought.

It's very ironic, too as Ur is crossing my Desc today, which made me think of something else... Synastry and composite charts. Probably should look at those, too. Very interesting because my rel houses are within a couple degrees of being exactly opposite those of the woman I've been on/off with for nearly a decade. I know in synastry it won't change much for the person who stays natal, but her planets in my relocated seem to fit the situation much better (except it moves her Node off my Desc; SN stays conj my Ve), and in the new composite, Ve is the most elevated planet, conj MC...

Interesting possibilities!

Thanx!

c

(BTW, my charts are 15 hours apart)

Last edited:

tikana

CJC
okay
Transits over Natal chart are a bit more clearer and concise
transits over relocated charts are more descriptive..
do you see the difference or do you want me to explain?
i'd be happy to!
Tik

aquarius7000

Hi Cjc & Tik,

But, I'm just wondering, what if a person relocated to a place much farther away from his place of birth, or even country for that matter. I would seriously consider taking the relocated chart then - just my opinion.

But besides Tik's and my opinioin, what has turned out to be more accurate in your case Cjc, or did I overlook this bit of information in one of your posts?

tikana

AQ

i have been living in a foreign country half of my life

the other quarter i lived away from my birth town

and it always ends up i am living in a wrong city

hehehe

I hvent seen transits pay off on relocation.. but then i may not be too sensitive on relocation charts and transits

2 cents on an issue

Tik

cjc

AQ, it has been a rather wide relocation... From Australia (Brisbane) to Pittsburgh to New Jersey!

I've been involved with astro for more than 30 years and have thought of relocation as "just another one of those techniques." Granted, I've looked at it and at times did see things that seemed to fit, the most striking of which I mentioned earlier.

I relied on my natal during the course of my marriage and divorce and found it very accurate... Puto entering and going through 7. Progressed UR conj Pr Asc, etc. (In those days, I didn't have WinStar, and I was doing a lot of this by hand... another reason why one chart was enough!) And, maybe it's only coincidental that the cusp of my natal 5th house is only 3 degrees from my first daughter's Sun (Vi, a fem sign).

I'm going to go back and check events versus transits to the relocated angles and report back on it.

Thanx guys!

c

tikana

CJC

the only way you can tell is by testing your chart.

We can sit and speculate all day long but we will not know what works and what doesnt until we actually look at the chart

here... try this .. put Eclipses on your relocated chart on top of transits.. this should be interesting test. I have see this work on some charts.

am i being logical here?

Tik

cjc

Tik,

I've been scouring them, but it's one heckuva chore drawing charts for each one... Nothing significant yet...

Do you (or anyone) know of any lists where they'll give the date and zodiacal position of eclipses?

Thanx,

c

cjc

:38:Really??? :34:

Thanks, dear... that's what I've been doing. But with my software, I have to cast a chart for the day/time given and then tweak for the exact time

I was just hoping that someone would know of a sie that gave a list of eclipses and lunar positions, such as "Aug 01 2008 @ 9Le32." It would be so much easier to just go down a list of positions than drawing up charts for every one of them.

Sleep well

c

tikana

CJC

Eclipses work amazingly accurate for me.. usually i know what 6 months ahead will be like

90% of all calculations i do it by hand

Tik