Am I Pregnant?

LushBomb

Am I Pregnant? (Answer included!)

Hi there, I'm trying to analyze this chart for a yes or no on whether the querent is currently pregnant. I'm new to horary astrology, so I'd love to learn from any insights others may have.

EDIT: Feel free to skip to the end, I realize my observations got a bit long-winded lol

I'll be following with my own interpretation as soon as I've finished working my way through it. This will be my first time posting an analysis; normally I just look at charts and analyze them privately for my own learning purposes. Any knowledge, tips, or constructive criticisms passed along will be greatly appreciated. :)

Edit: Analysis completed

Hi there, I'm trying to analyze this chart for a yes or no on whether the querent is currently pregnant. I'm new to horary astrology, so I'd love to learn from any insights others may have.

My observations:
In horary astrology I understand that we are to look mainly at the significators of the question, so I'll try to keep to that

Asc Leo = Sun for ruler of the querent/body (Natural ruler of 5th house& children)
(interesting to note that ASC has just changed sign (0°30') from Cancer, but I'm not sure this is significant)
> The sun is located in 10th house Aries (Mars); Sun is exalted & located in an angular house

5th house cusp Scorpio = Ruled by Pluto/Mars; very fertile / Pluto & Mars rule the baby(?)
5th house holds Jupiter, Vertex, and Ceres in conjunction, notably they are all in Sag (Jup in own sign, double bodied) despite the 5th house cusp landing in Scorpio
Since Pluto & Mars seem to rule the baby in this question, I take a look at both: Pluto 6h Cap & Mars 11h Taurus (deposited in feminine signs; according to lilly neither fruitful nor barren)

Summary: 50/50, still not certain
There is reception between ruler of the body and ruler of the baby; Ruler of body exalted in ruler of baby's domicile - notably this is happening in 10th house which I've seen associated with the public visibility of being pregnant.
While Leo is considered a barren sign, it also naturally rules the 5th house. 5th house cusp is co-ruled by Mars & 10th house ruled by Mars in this chart; Ultimately I see flowing reception between 5th house/10th house/querent ruler/baby ruler.
Mars is virile and planetary strength for the Sun is there, so this seems promising. However Mars (the baby) is in semi-detriment in Taurus (not as bad as Libra, though from what I understand). I wonder if that is the bottom line right there? Perhaps the child wants to manifest but something is stopping it? Perhaps this is simply describing a more delicatr fetus? Thoughts?
I am also noticing that Mars is 2 degrees from Gemini in this chart, meaning it will be peregrine shortly. Perhaps this suggests querent is not yet pregnant but rather is about to conceive in near future? Not sure if these sorts of answers can be interpreted from a horary chart...
Finally, Im noticing that Moon, Pluto, Saturn are all conjunct in Mar's sign of exaltation:Capricorn. Perhaps I'm grasping at straws but I associate these planets with motherhood/nurturing, drastic change/transformation, responsibility/time. These three together say "pregnancy" to me, so maybe this is significant? The all sit in the 6th house. 6th house rules ill health, but also rules working conditions. So is this a dangerous or ill-fated pregnancy, or does this describe adding pregnancy to the working conditons, ie; working throughout ones pregnancy/being pregnant at work? Many women do work up until their third trimester. I am tempted to lean towards the latter.

Mars seems highlighted to me either way, so I check it out next and then begin to look at interrelationships
>Mars 11h Taurus Aspects:
· N.a. Sun // Sun 9h Aries (Sun is sq Moon, trine Vtx & ASC (will conjunct MC in 5°)
· Sesquiquadrate Moon// Moon 6h Cap (detriment) conj Saturn& Pluto (Moon is sextile Mercury & Neptune 8h Pisces)
· Quintile Mercury// Mercury 8h pisces conj Neptune (Mercury is square Jupiter/Vertex/Ceres 5h scorpio)
· Square Venus // Venus 8h Pisces (exalted) (Venus is semi-square Moon&Saturn) (Mars placed in Venus's domicile)
· N.a. Jupiter
· Trine Saturn// Saturn 6h Cap (Rulership) (see above)
· Semi-sextile Uranus// Uranus 10th house Taurus (Trine Jupiter, square Pluto)
· Quintile Neptune - see above
· Trine Pluto
· N.a. NN
· N.a. Ceres
· Sextile ASC
· N.a. MC

Summary: 60/40
I see a tie between the 5th & 8th house. In natal astrology 8th house is the domain of Pluto, therefore of both birth and death. Ive read conflicting information on whether 8th house represents the same in a horary chart, so I'll pass on a judgement there.
Mars is trining Pluto here as well though & those two co-rule the 5th house. Pluto is conjunct Moon as well. The only consideration here that I'm skeptical of is the Moon's course- Moon will pass over Saturn next which would normally be a negative indication, Ive read. I wonder if Saturn being in his rulership mitigates this though? I feel it does. Saturn is the Father of Jupiter, Neptune, Pluto, Ceres, and Vesta mythologically. As Cancer is the sign of mother, Capricorn is the sign of father. At this point I'm actually leaning towards a yes on this chart. At first glance I was quite skeptical.

Moon needs to be assessed, naturally
Moon 6h Capricorn (detriment)

Referring to the above, I see that the Moon is directly contacting each planet except for Uranus and Jupiter. That seems like a case for a "no" right there, BUT something really jumps out at me: Moon sq MH sq NN opp Moon
The moon and the North node are connected and point to MH. While NN is in 12h it is in Moons sign of Cancer. It's important to note that due to the degree of opposition, the SN will be the last body Moon conjuncts before conjuncting the DSC and moving through 7th house. I'm not sure that this is favourable for a change of situation ie, a new pregnancy.
I feel that the Moon's contact with the significators of the querent and baby (Moon sq Sun, Moon sesqui Mars, Moon conj Pluto) override the lack of contact with Jupiter. Besides, Jupiter is 5h Saggitarius conj Ceres and Vtx. His energy seems omnipotent right now and I feel that the contact with Ceres is promising as well.
(As a note, I believe if you use Pluto in interpretations, you MUST use Ceres. Its like acknowledging the Sun but not the Moon, or Mars but not Venus. Ceres is actually a dwarf planet and she is the closest dwarf planet to us. I disagree with the way she is still often discounted in modern astrology. But I digress :p)

Pluto 6h Capricorn
While Mars co-rules the baby-- and we see his reception with the querent --I believe it ultimately takes a back seat to Pluto (since I am not using Vedic methodology here)
Pluto is peregrine, so not terribly strong on its own. But he's conjunct Moon and Saturn as stated earlier. Pluto sextiles Neptune & opposes the NN through his conjunction with Moon. Hes also opposing the ASC (read: conj DSC) and sq MC

*Its interesting to note at this point that the would-be-mother's ASC is Cancer (moon) and would-be-father's ASC is Capricorn (saturn)
Almost seems that these planets are ushering the baby (pluto) to the DSC (the marriage).

Uranus 10h Taurus
Trines Jupiter and MC &

Neptune 8h Pisces (Rulership)
Normally I wouldnt consider Neptune for this type of question, but I notice Mars Quintile Neptune (0°31') & Neptune is also sextile Pluto (6° so a much wider aspect but still there)
Not only is Neptune a fertile planet in his own sign, but Venus sits with him exalted in 8th house (which is the natural domain of Pluto, the babys significator) Venus's sign Taurus holds the 11h Mars (baby's co-significator)

*The Verdict:* (tldr;))
All in all I see more promising signs than not but it could be because I'm reading to far into irrelevant positions;
I would say "Yes", but due to considerations with Neptune contacting baby's significators, I believe the pregnancy/baby may not reveal itself right away.

...That said my intuition is telling me I'm reading things incorrectly. For that I feel a "No" is the correct answer.

Your thoughts on the chart? As previously stated, if you can point out things I am doing correctly or things I'm doing totally incorrectly I would greatly, greatly appreciate your time and input.

EDIT:
I read the stickied Horary Resource link that was posted on this forum and came across a bit of information saying that an ascendant at 3° or less indicates that it is too soon to ask the question!
Do you use traditional considerations like these in your delineations? Interesting.
That would have saved me so much time if I had known that at the beginning of today instead of the end! @u@

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-03-28-14-13-47.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-03-28-14-13-47.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

tikana

I'll be following with my own interpretation as soon as I've finished working my way through it. This will be my first time posting an analysis; normally I just look at charts and analyze them privately for my own learning purposes. Any knowledge, tips, or constructive criticisms passed along will be greatly appreciated. :)

Edit: Not quite complete; will update with final analysis

My observations:
In horary astrology I understand that we are to look mainly at the significators of the question, so I'll try to keep to that

Asc Leo = Sun for ruler of the querent/body (Natural ruler of 5th house& children)
(interesting to note that ASC has just changed sign (0°30') from Cancer, but I'm not sure this is significant)
> The sun is located in 10th house Aries (Mars); Sun is exalted & located in an angular house

5th house cusp Scorpio = Ruled by Pluto/Mars; very fertile / Pluto & Mars rule the baby(?)
5th house holds Jupiter, Vertex, and Ceres in conjunction, notably they are all in Sag (Jup in own sign, double bodied) despite the 5th house cusp landing in Scorpio
Since Pluto & Mars seem to rule the baby in this question, I take a look at both: Pluto 6h Cap & Mars 11h Taurus (deposited in feminine signs; according to lilly neither fruitful nor barren)

Summary: 50/50, still not certain
There is reception between ruler of the body and ruler of the baby; Ruler of body exalted in ruler of baby's domicile - notably this is happening in 10th house which I've seen associated with the public visibility of being pregnant.
While Leo is considered a barren sign, it also naturally rules the 5th house. 5th house cusp is co-ruled by Mars & 10th house ruled by Mars in this chart; Ultimately I see flowing reception between 5th house/10th house/querent ruler/baby ruler.
Mars is virile and planetary strength for the Sun is there, so this seems promising. However Mars (the baby) is in semi-detriment in Taurus (not as bad as Libra, though from what I understand). I wonder if that is the bottom line right there? Perhaps the child wants to manifest but something is stopping it? Perhaps this is simply describing a more delicatr fetus? Thoughts?
I am also noticing that Mars is 2 degrees from Gemini in this chart, meaning it will be peregrine shortly. Perhaps this suggests querent is not yet pregnant but rather is about to conceive in near future? Not sure if these sorts of answers can be interpreted from a horary chart...
Finally, Im noticing that Moon, Pluto, Saturn are all conjunct in Mar's sign of exaltation:Capricorn. Perhaps I'm grasping at straws but I associate these planets with motherhood/nurturing, drastic change/transformation, responsibility/time. These three together say "pregnancy" to me, so maybe this is significant? The all sit in the 6th house. 6th house rules ill health, but also rules working conditions. So is this a dangerous or ill-fated pregnancy, or does this describe adding pregnancy to the working conditons, ie; working throughout ones pregnancy/being pregnant at work? Many women do work up until their third trimester. I am tempted to lean towards the latter.

Mars seems highlighted to me either way, so I check it out next and then begin to look at interrelationships
>Mars 11h Taurus Aspects:
· N.a. Sun // Sun 9h Aries (Sun is sq Moon, trine Vtx & ASC (will conjunct MC in 5°)
· Sesquiquadrate Moon// Moon 6h Cap (detriment) conj Saturn& Pluto (Moon is sextile Mercury & Neptune 8h Pisces)
· Quintile Mercury// Mercury 8h pisces conj Neptune (Mercury is square Jupiter/Vertex/Ceres 5h scorpio)
· Square Venus // Venus 8h Pisces (exalted) (Venus is semi-square Moon&Saturn) (Mars placed in Venus's domicile)
· N.a. Jupiter
· Trine Saturn// Saturn 6h Cap (Rulership) (see above)
· Semi-sextile Uranus// Uranus 10th house Taurus (Trine Jupiter, square Pluto)
· Quintile Neptune - see above
· Trine Pluto
· N.a. NN
· N.a. Ceres
· Sextile ASC
· N.a. MC

Summary: in progress

Nope no pregnancy..

rafaella

Its a no.

Early ASC, Barren Sign on ASC. No aspect between Sun and Mars (1st and 5th rulers). Moon in detriment in 6th house.

LushBomb

Its a no.

Early ASC, Barren Sign on ASC. No aspect between Sun and Mars (1st and 5th rulers). Moon in detriment in 6th house.

Thank you for explaining. I picked up on those indicators but kept going in my analysis. I should have stopped at a 'no' rather than looking at all the other interrelations. :)
Horary considerations are so much more definitive & exact than natal, I really enjoy how it works.

The Answer - SPOILER if you are planning on using the chart for practice!

The answer was indeed a no! The querent was not pregnant in this case. :)