Empty 5th House and Fertility

clinneme

Hello!

I would like to have a child within the next year or so, and noticed that I have an empty 5th house. My birthday is November 5th, 1988 at 4:19AM in Indianapolis and my partner's is May 8th, 1984 (he thinks around 9AM) in Lansing Michigan. For his chart, he has Pluto, Saturn, and Mars in Scorpio in the 5th house. Any insights on this? I've read a few things about how an empty fifth house means I will likely not have any children :(

Thanks so much!

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
You're expected to post your chart if you want it interpreted, not just birth information.

If an empty fifth house meant you would never have children, it would also mean you would never have any hobbies, crushes, or creativity. Have you ever done anything creative? Are there things you like to do? Have you ever had a crush on anyone?

The fifth house ruler is the first place to look for fertility. Is it well placed by sign and house? Does it aspect any benefics (Venus or Jupiter), or malefics (Saturn or Mars)? What sign is your fifth house cusp in? Some signs are considered fertile, if you have them on the fifth house cusp (in particular, any earth sign except Virgo, any water sign, and any Jupiter-ruled sign). There are also barren signs (off the top of my head, if the fifth house cusp or its ruler is in Aries, Leo, or Virgo, traditional astrologers call that a barren indicator), but even those don't necessarily mean you won't have children, just that you probably won't have lots and lots of children. Today, most families are small by traditional standards--traditionally, only having one or two or even three children meant you weren't that fertile. That's one thing a "barren" sign could indicate.

Next thing we consider is your moon (unless it's in or ruling the fifth house, in which case, we would've already considered it). Again, which house it's in, whether it's in a fertile sign or barren sign or neither, and how it's aspected, would be considered. Planets in the fifth house would be considered if there were any--not having any just means you don't have that step to take.

But at the end of the day, having a lot of barren indicators in your chart wouldn't mean no children--just that you're not so extremely fertile that you'll get pregnant so easily it seems that all your husband has to do is look at you (a lot of fertility and no barren indicators would suggest that you are that extremely fertile). And, people whose charts do show a lot of testimonies to barrenness are almost always people who don't want children, or don't care that much if they have any. If you do want children, you probably don't have that much infertility indicated in your chart.

JUPITERASC

Hello!

I would like to have a child within the next year or so, and noticed that I have an empty 5th house. My birthday is November 5th, 1988 at 4:19AM in Indianapolis and my partner's is May 8th, 1984 (he thinks around 9AM) in Lansing Michigan. For his chart, he has Pluto, Saturn, and Mars in Scorpio in the 5th house. Any insights on this? I've read a few things about how an empty fifth house means I will likely not have any children :(

Thanks so much!
these are instructions HOW TO ATTACH A CHART :smile:
TO YOUR POST ON THE FORUM

Quote:
DESKTOP
1) Once you generate the chart image using your favourite website, copy the image address

2) Click on the Attachment icon (if you don't see it, select 'Advanced' posting first)

3) New window will open, paste the image address, click Upload button, close the window

Snuffy

I have an empty 5th house with Aries on the cusp ruled by a debilitated mars. I had two fine children in my thirties. I wouldn't stress about it.