Religious Basis for Astrology?

Lenvdb

This heaven and hell concept...the traditional concept of living one life and then eternal damnation or heaven...I am rethinking that! The Book of Enoch gives a very different concept of this.

In the context of the Tree of Life I began to see how we get to return to pay our Karmic dues or correct our mistakes. But those are my ideas. :)

At church they would probably stone me for such statements.

Len

Sag Moon

I am sure they would not stone you! If you stole from the Muslims in say Saudi Arabia you might lose a hand or if you kiilled spmepne your head.

tikana

Sag Moon said:
Geez,another L&O freak,lol! There shlould be a 24hr. channle dedicated to just L&O. My sister has seen every one and still does not miss the re-runs.

Sag Moon
why re-runs? L&O Special victims unit has new episodes.

L&O channel? No way! we got history channell with 247 Hitler ...i swear everytime i turn on history/discovery chanell, i see something on Hitler.

cheers
Tik

tikana

Sagmoon

yeah .. i cannot tell you how many times i have seen Hitler saga episodes.

back to the discussion.

i did some more digging last night. Astrology, science and religion go together. Peopel from the beginning of times were looking at the skies for answers. Religion does the same thing. astrology has advanced so far from religion that there is no modern bind between them. It is surprizing how church stood against astrology. Only a fraction of faiths link astrology with that faith. I think church became too political to recognize astrology as anythng valid. After all, didnt church force people into believing that earth was the center of universe? How many bright minds were exterminated for telling the church "sorry guys, but you are wrong!"?

From day 1, people were looking in the skies and asking "is something or someone controlling our fates?" Theory 1 - God Theory 2 - the stars Theory 3 - no god, no astrology, i am a captain of my own fate! People who believe in god, there are people who practice astrology and stand by astrology. 3rd kind tries to link God and astrology into 1 place like that unknown sect in Israel did who knows when! 4th kind is completely on their own.

there is a sinagogue in israel that was discovered a few years ago. It had an astrological mosaic wheel on the floor. So there were sects that linked astrology with the faith. I am sure they were prosecuted and forced to shut down.

Tik

Last edited:

flea

San Miniato al Monte Church in Florence has a zodiac engraved in the floor at the main entry. It dates to 1200's and was consecrated on the day of a stellium in Taurus. The monks related each sign to a specific disciple, including Judas! Qabala is also big on astrology isn't it?

Reincarnation was part of Christian doctrine til the 300's, was it Council of Nicea anyone???

Tik can you get some more info on the sinagogue it would be cool to see the pictures.

Love & Light
Flea

AquarianEssence

The breast plate of the High Priest has 12 stones representing the 12 sons/signs also. Whether the Babalonians were using 12 signs or not, the Jews must have had an idea. Abraham was sent, so the Bible states, to the land of the Chaldeas, the astrologers, to live. I'm sure he was an astrologer or familiar with it.

Did any of you know that the "false god", Baal is the only Hebrew word for husband? I couldn't find any other word so I asked a Rabbi and he confirmed. The word Bel, Baal means master, slave owner. Of course we aren't to worship our man as master and lord. Jupiter is Bel, by the way. Baal's aserah pole is a phallic symbol and we all know how good Jupiter is at enlarging things, LOL. Thought this was appropriate since my wedding anniversary is coming up May 15 when the Sun is at 15Taurus, the traditional degree of Beltain, although now they celebrate May 1. Yes, its a fertile sign. He gave me a surprise in my 47th year when I though I'd finished with my duty to procreate.

flea

I also heard that the specific stones were very specific in a certain pattern that generated a protective forcefield so that the preist could live going into the holy of holies, the Ark being an energetically derived structure, and therefore potentially deadly.

Is Bel and the Dragon anything to do with BAAL??? AquEss?

Interesting that Bel is in Taurus synchronicity with my little church.

May the energy pattern between the stones can relate to our aspects??

Love & Light & Learning.....
Flea

Lenvdb

flea said:
Reincarnation was part of Christian doctrine til the 300's, was it Council of Nicea anyone???

Love & Light
Flea

Hi Flea

Yes, It seemed that the early church preached the doctrine of reincarnation. It was because the early church followed the way of Jesus and His Essene teachings, which included astrology etc. Only later when Constantine became emperor did the Nicean Council start the debate over reincarnation. It seems that over a period of 2 centuries they debated over which books would be permitted into the Bible, what needed to be removed and edited out of those books, and what doctrines to remove from the New Faith called Christianity. They did so much damage to humanity because of their narrow-mindedness. And the church today is still so stuck in that rutt.

Some of the early church fathers like origin and Clement were ardent believers in reincarnation. But they received a lot of opposition from the church in Rome. In the end the doctrine of reincarnation was abolished by the Roman church at a meeting, and they decided then to close the debate on the issue.

I wrote an article on my website called "Christianity and reincarnation". It is in the Archives area of www.godsfriends.co.uk

I firmly believe that if reincarnation was part of the belief system held by the early church (Pre Roman Church era) then it should be part of every christian church doctrine today. If it was good enough for Jesus, it is good enough for me!:)

But if I even D A R E preach in my Charismatic church circles about the "Doctrine of Reincarnation" I will be kicked out so hard and fast....LOL

So I will introduce the topic gently with some of my American Pastor friends. Perhaps the little seeds I sow today will produce fruit in years to come.

:p

Peace and blessings
Len

AquarianEssence

Yes, you may be right about the stones. Carnelien, the one connected to Virgo helped me remember dreams. I used 3 placed under my pillow. My kids lost them so I'll have to get some more. It makes sense since Virgo is across from the house of dreams.

Every time I hear or read mention of the Holy of Holies, I can't help but think it symbolically represents the yoni, the most holy inner sanctuary of the woman where man so likes to be. The cord they had tied to help retrieve them feels like the umbilical cord. The soul enters the womb, perhaps, when the cord is already developed and when they exit the womb, they aren't ready to live on their own until the cord is severed. They could only enter the inner sanctuary once a year just as a woman can only give birth once per year. Inside the arc of the covenant placed in the Holy of Holies was the stone tablets, (2nd version because the 1st were broken in Moses' fit of anger) some manna and Moses rod or staff. The first priest, Aaron, along with Moses weren't allowed to enter the promised land because they disobeyed God and struck the rod twice instead of once on the stone, to produce water for the people and their herds. Again, I can't help be see the rod as a phallic symbol, one that fits so nicely inside the most holy place. Moses means "draw out" and Aaron means "light" or "high, exalted mountain", reminding me of the summit in sexual union. Some sources say Aaron means bearer of martyrs and one says it is an Egyption name Aha-ra with n added meaning "Warrior Lion", who we all know is the lover. N, nun, by the way is a Hebrew word meaning fish (semen?). What do you get when you take a rod in your hand and it turns into a serpent then combine Leo with semen than is drawn out? A baby ;) And because they struck the rock one too many times they didn't get to enter the promised land flowing with milk and honey. Actually, I think Moses and Aaron were finished with their earthly journeys and their punishment was really a reward for a job well done. Moses did appear in spirit form latter. I realize the Bible does contain real human history but so much of what I read seems like a symbolic sexual union when you know the real word meanings.

I hope someone corrects me if I'm wrong but I think Bel and Baal are the same. I hadn't ever read anything about Bel and the dragon until I googled just now. I don't have access to the original in Hebrew and of course, it isn't included in the Bible, but if the word for Bel or Baal is Hebrew Beth, Lamed or Beth, Ayin, Lamed. They are both the same. Notice Daniel's Babalonian name is Belteshazzar. The Elohim, YHVH calling himself "I am" or the self existant eternal one couldn't have Jupiter being placed above him. Is the dragon Draco or Hydra? Draco is always visable in the N. Hemisphere but when Sag is clearly visable in the summer the dragon looks like its falling, head first. Sag isn't visible very long either, being quite south of the ecliptic. Aries, on the other hand, if I have YHVH right in the description of Aries, is fully visable for a really long time, according to my star chart. When he rises in the east, Sag is most visible and in the southern sky. Draco is falling. As Sag moves out of sight the dragon appears to come to life, standing upright. When Sag disappears Airies is front and center on the ecliptic to the south and Draco appears upright. (He always appears that way from Aries point of view) Now, looking at the dragon's tail as a phallic symbol, it is pointing up, erect, when Sag, Bel is in view but falls limp when Aries is in the same position. So, the great I AM wins, assuming Daniel slayed the dragon in the same way the lions became docile.

AquarianEssence

Wow, look at that beautiful zodiac. Interesting a wall was put up spliting it, covering most of Cancer and half of Gemini, some of Scorpio and all of Sagittarius. Gemini and Sag are the signs of the nodes exaltation and fall. The wall would put one half in darkness the other in the light.I wonder if they thought Jesus had Gemini or Sag rising with Pisces on the MC or IC. That's what it looks like to me. One parent would have been a Virgo virgin. I wonder if the wall could represent an interception of Cancer/Capricorn. Hmmm. The kingship delayed but not denied. It the star was the alignment of Saturn and Jupiter that fits. Interceptions attract events to force balance and there is the story of facing off with Satan in the desert. I forget, what sign was the alignment in?

I WANT to know what the misspellings of the names of the signs were. This could very easily be a way to hide another message since it takes so little to change a Hebrew word, only 1 letter sometimes. And several were used interchangeably.

Lenvdb

Wow! Yes indeed that is excellent! I knew that there was some astrological element in Judaeism! This is the proof! And christianity is rooted in the Jewish faith!

Nice work!

Len

;)

flea

Thankyou Tik, It is a very beautiful zodiac. I have been googling and found this one the 5th century Beth Alpha Synagogue, being inspired by your info. Did I read it right the Zodiac is Mazzaroth in Jewish tradition??

http://stariq.com/Main/Articles/P0002608.HTM

and san miniato's zodiac, took some finding. Fred gettings wrote a book on this zodiac.

http://www.patternlanguage.com/examples/italianfloors/italianfloors.htm

AE, is their a spiritual story in the act of sexual union?? I keep thinking of metaphors after reading your post but not getting much sense yet. I remember your article on interceptions, they are evry interesting i tend to look for them now. Great insight to see the wall as a possible interception. It is an angle of obsfucation, or supression so neatly played out here. I have my own double house signs as cap/can. And with sag sun and gam asc my ears are pricking up. Again just reading interesting things not coming up with any ideas.
Love & Light
Flea

tikana

guys and gals

there is jewish astrology.

it is very idffernet from western .... i know how to make them and interpret them but it is WAY too difficult to explain but i can tell you one thing.. interpreations are built on Torah *ironic, isnt it?*

there is another understudied tibetian astrology, i know a bit of it but I cannot interpret it..

here is interesting thing about Torah

Aries - Taleh - biblican reference genesis 49-27 Deuteronomy 33:12 - name of Jacob's son is Benjamin
Aries constallation the hebrew zodiac sign is Taleh.. translation Aries.

the ancient names for the zodiac signs corresponded directly to the hebrew for the twlve constellations which the Talmud states were created by God along with a myriad of "hosts, legions, cohorts, files and camps."
these military terms were used in celestial reference that was direclty attirubed to God in talmudic text. Reference Barechoth 32b "twelve constellations i have created in a furmanent and for each constallation i have created 30 hosts, and for each host i have created 30 legions and for each legion I have created 30 files and for each file i have created 30 cohorts, and for each cohort i have created 30 camps, and in each camp i have suspended three hndred and sixty five thousand stars, in accordance with the days of the solar years." . Reference in both the torah and the talmud to the Chaldeans confirm JUdiac astrology 's mesopotemian roots and many scholars have cited the obvious connections between the descriptions of the 12 sons of Jacob in the Torah and characterestics assigned to the 12 zodiac signs that are used in judaic astrology... dont believe me? lool into Torah

Tik

AquarianEssence

I don't have any problem believing you. I discovered it on my own without ever reading a scholar's work. Just knowing the names' meanings shows the connection. Judah, celebrated, praised, honored. What better description for Leo. Levi, attached, Gemini.

Sag Moon

While your on the subject of Jewish History and the tribe thing. Can one of you tell me what the "Shikhina(?) is? Is it the source.The great light?

On the day I was born there was a jewish revolutionary they found his remains.I think he lead a revolt. Could have been the Massada revolt.Do would you know the name? That might be a hard one.

The twelve tribes have all kinds of associations do they not? From stones to stars.

Last edited:

flea

I have heard also that the twelve signs related to the 12 sons and tribes of Israel. I was going to ask anyone whether they have studied the Kabala. I haven't so that's why I ask. I have an understanding that astrology and chakras are part of what is taught in this tradition? Is that the same as the Jewish astrology traditions, has it evolved from the same root?? or is it entirely different?

As I understand from this thread astrology was instrinsicly tied to spiritual traditions and understanding in ancient times. This link has been lost only relatively recently. Now I feel the connection is begining to be made stronger again, but that there is a strong force agaist this refusion. I wonder why?

for Sag Moon not that I understand. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shekhinah

Love & Light
Flea

tikana

Sag Moon said:
While your on the subject of Jewish History and the tribe thing. Can one of you tell me what the "Shikhina(?) is? Is it the source.The great light?

On the day I was born there was a jewish revolutionary they found his remains.I think he lead a revolt. Could have been the Massada revolt.Do would you know the name? That might be a hard one.

The twelve tribes have all kinds of associations do they not? From stones to stars.

Sag Moon

Shekhinahis a Talmudic term which describes the manifestation of God's presence on earth. it is afeminine diety or shall i say energy?

Flea

call Madonna and ask her about Kabbalah!

Cheers
Tik

Last edited: