what does this combustion mean?

namaste

dear friend, in july i want to try a public exam for a job in a library....

I am in 11th trine with the lord of 10th venus, unfortunately in 8th
the exam is sun who burns mercury
my competitors are mercury

the question: the sun burns my competitors...does it mean that the job will go to them or that my competitors will die and I will win the job?

Attachments

• exam.jpg
    exam.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 38

waybread

Having your competitors die? :surprised: What is this? Reading too many murder mysteries in the library?? Death by getting hit by a falling book shelf? :bandit:

I think a career type of job is a 10th house matter, but in the 6th if it's more "just a job." Either way, that's Venus. I think a library is a 9th house matter, where we find mind-expanding activities. The 9th is ruled by the sun.

I'd say you have a good chance with the exam, although the testimony is mixed. You're symbolized by Jupiter, but secondarily by Saturn in the first house. I'd place the exam as a third house matter, ruled by Saturn, which shows up in the first-- it's "in your corner." Then the moon (your stake in the matter) applies to a trine with Saturn. If you view Mercury as ruling your competitors, well, they're combust the sun. Then Venus and the moon exchange some dignity: the moon is in the sign of Venus's exaltation, and Venus is in the sign of the moon's domicile.

My caveats would be that Saturn in the first house is supposed to be one of those indicators that the situation will not go well; and then as you noted, Venus is in the 8th. I would view Mercury as co-ruling a written exam, and as you note, it is combust.

My sense is that you might will pass the exam, but find some complications about the job, or the job not so much to your liking.

Please let us know what happens!

Last edited: