Where to place a murder victim?

Hello everyone! It's been a long time since I've visited the forum and haven't done much as far as astrology in quite some time so I'm a tad bit rusty (to say the least:))

Where would I place a murder victim in a chart?
A little background: The woman who was murdered is the mother of my friend who is also a family member by marriage. I never got a chance to meet her mother so I don't know her personally but my friend and I are pretty close. I don't know if it makes a difference but I'm the one asking the question.
I was thinking the 4th house or the 8th, I thought maybe the ascendant could represent her too but it seems to fit both of us.

Also, the ascendent is a little early at 4 deg 56' scorpio, I forget what that means exactly, I think I remember reading somewhere that it means there were some recent changes to the situation. I've also read that it's too soon to tell but this happened a year ago and is now a cold case, no leads, no suspects, no evidence...I'm not sure if the moon is VOC.

Thanks in advance for your help

Stacey

eta: The moon is not void

Last edited:
Thank you Wilmingtonian
Would the 8th represent the investigation as well as the crime?
I want to put her in the 4th, the end of life, she was murdered in her home and was robbed. I'm not sure though:) I think I bit off more than I can chew with this one

starlink

Oh, what about turning the chart? Maybe the 10th (the mom) from the 11th (my friend)? That would put her in the 9th house.

Exactly Virgo! This is the easiest deduction. In this case you can do it because her daughter is such a good friend of yours.
If you are just talking about a murder victim you were reading about in the paper, then you take the Ascendant of the chart. The Ascendant describes people and situations you dont have a direct personal interest in or are related to. So in your case, look at the 9th.

Cheers, Starlink

Great! The 9th it is, thanks starlink! Cancer on the cusp, Mars in cancer is perfect...her cause of death was blunt force trauma to the head, and to cover it up they set her apartment on fire, that combined the the amount of water used to put the fire out left no evidence, and the police aren't doing anything...They didn't even interview family members about any relationships or people in her life, just the one neighbor. Interesting, Scorpio is on the ascendant. I may have to post the chart after I finish, I'm using this in conjunction with my tarot readings so I'll probably have a lot of questions and concerns:) I feel like there may be something wrong with the chart, but it all seems to check out...my knowelge of horary is very basic so I could be missing something.

Looking to Jupiter: Thank you for the link! The question was "who killed Kath?" I guess I wasn't quite sure where to find her because I am personally attached.

Thanks alot! Can't wait to get started:confused:

starlink

Hi Virgo, holy smoke, that sounds very nasty indeed. Must have been a very angry person who did this. Wonder why. Must have been incredibly traumatic for your girlfriend, just awful. I just cannot imagine that the police has not done anything about this case. Interesting about the Mars in Cancer, that does indeed sound like we got the right house!
Cheers, Star.

How can the police do nothing?.....Im sorry, but are the police in america, turning a blind eye to violent murder these days? It sounds very strange that the police would be doing nothing.
There must be more going on here...........
I hope your horary can help......

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Looking to Jupiter said:
What was the question exactly?

Excellent question!!

virgo96019 said:
Looking to Jupiter: Thank you for the link! The question was "who killed Kath?" I guess I wasn't quite sure where to find her because I am personally attached.

Kath doesn't matter, then. You're looking for someone who probably isn't in the chart, or is probably the Ascendant. You're looking to identify her murderer. So, you want to look at the Descendant and see if you can identify that person from the symbolism derived from that house and its ruler. The significator concerning Kath herself is completely irrelevant to the question and is only going to distract you from the true tale the chart is trying to tell you.

Keep it simple. Focus on the question and go straight to it without looking in other directions. Keep your eye on the prize, so to speak. ;)

Last edited:
I think Kai's right here......It seems that at times we can all get a bit over zealous, with the chart turning. I think it is possible to look at the 7th, but my one question would be, is the 12th not better as it seems it was not an open enemy of Kaths that killed her, but actually a hidden enemy?

I would love to look at the chart here Virgo, if that would be ok....(its ok if you dont want to show it aswell)

Looking to Jupiter said:
I think Kai's right here......It seems that at times we can all get a bit over zealous, with the chart turning. I think it is possible to look at the 7th, but my one question would be, is the 12th not better as it seems it was not an open enemy of Kaths that killed her, but actually a hidden enemy?

I would love to look at the chart here Virgo, if that would be ok....(its ok if you dont want to show it aswell)

I was thinking the same thing about the 7th and 12th. The reason why I wanted to find her first is because I have a suspicion on who might have done this, unfortuately I can't seem to get past it and I'm afraid it clouded my interpretation bigtime. I've just finished my reading and will post it shortly, I don't think I did a very good job:)
The police should be doing more, like I said they never interviewed any family, they didn't ask any questions at all, all they've done is search apartments and interview the woman across the hall. Other than that, nothing...that we know of.

Kaiousei no Senshi said:
Kath doesn't matter, then. You're looking for someone who probably isn't in the chart, or is probably the Ascendant. You're looking to identify her murderer. So, you want to look at the Descendant and see if you can identify that person from the symbolism derived from that house and its ruler. The significator concerning Kath herself is completely irrelevant to the question and is only going to distract you from the true tale the chart is trying to tell you.

I would have thought she would be the center of the reading, I see what you mean though, this is exactly what happened with my reading! Which is why I think I blew it:) LOL, that changes everything. Matter of fact this is the area that I kept being drawn back to thinking I was missing something important.

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
I think it is possible to look at the 7th, but my one question would be, is the 12th not better as it seems it was not an open enemy of Kaths that killed her, but actually a hidden enemy?

Not at all, in Lilly's example horaries in Christian Astrology concerning similar matters, the thief is always signified by the Seventh house. So, if thiefs whose identities are unknown are shown by this house, so too should unknown murderers.