3rd November 2013 Hybrid Solar Eclipse

JUPITERASC

As some members may notice I have been watching and researching the even of Rare Hybrid Solar Eclipse. Here is a link of PDF slices from my boyfriend's research. Fascinating materials.

http://astrologyforganntraders.wordpress.com/2013/10/22/solar-hybrid-eclipse-3rd-november-2013/

This site is a tribute of the legendary Stock Marker Trader and Astrologer, W.D. Gann.
Thanks for posting very interesting link poyi, by the way, in ancient times eclipses formed a major consideration for astrological delineation :smile:

Effect of N eclipse varies, dependent on individual natal chart planetary placements
BECAUSE Angles ASC/DESC/IC/MC are a variable factor from chart to chart
therefor an eclipse - whether solar or lunar - does not necessarily affect everyone, only those whose natal charts are connected to it by aspect to their natal planets/ASC/DESC/IC/MC
UNLESS
an eclipse ushers in major change for an entire nation
or for a city
in that case THEN all those resident in that particular nation or city or area are affected

Eclipse effects ARE NOT NECESSARILY 'disastrous' but they are certainly linked with change such as relocation, change of career, relationship changes.... I have read several threads from members on this forum who have mentioned the effects of eclipses on their lives.

QUOTE FROM:
"Predictive Power of Eclipse Paths" by Bill Meridian:

“Eclipse paths are an astrological technique that can pin point important areas on the surface of the earth for you individually. When you were born there had to be an eclipse near your birth. By a method developed in the 1930's by Lorne Edward Johndhro of California, which he later passed on to Charles A Jayne Junior of New York, we can determine which eclipse is your eclipse path.

This could be an area that could be very important to you during your life, whether you go there or not. People from that area, ideas from that area, products from that area, can be very important to you. If you are like me, you wind up living right under your eclipse path!”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t4FQ...eature=related

the video link homes in on
mundane matters illustrated in the book

The natal part of the book explains that the "birth eclipse" is the eclipse nearest to birth, before or after - usually a solar eclipse, but is sometimes lunar.

Bill Meridan's book explains that Eclipses on the same area can be studied as eclipse families.

An eclipse can link two places together.

There are eclipses that activate other eclipses
from decades earlier.

Events that happen on or around an eclipse can have fateful
outcomes when activated by later eclipses

Every 18 years or so, eclipses repeat, which can have significant impact.

All of which is to say that a solar eclipse remains a sensitive point for years, decades, even centuries.

Far longer than anyone had previously thought.

"This book will revolutionize the study of eclipses"
Cycles Research. http://www.billmeridian.com/ppoep.html :smile:

poyi

Premium Member
Personally, it won't be tight enough to my natal Saturn at 8 degree 30 Scorpio and secondly it won't be visible in Australia unlike the last 13th November it conjuncted my natal Mercury and it was visible in my place as well, morning hours.

However, this coming Solar eclipse has the potential being significant for being 7 days prior my 30th solar return located at my Solar return intercepted 10th house. Ecliptic point 3 degrees conjunction to the Solar return Saturn position in the 10th, which is the ruler of the 12th house and by traditional rulership also the ruler of solar return ascendant Aquarius. Saturn will perfect it square in the unit of 10 approaching aspect to the Solar return ascendant. 6th house ruler Moon is also placed in 1st house. Ruler of the Leo cusp 8th house (my natal 12th), Sun conjunct Saturn, and Saturn is counted as combusted being 3 degrees conjuncted to Solar return Sun. Moon the solar return's health indicator quincunx Mars in Virgo which this Solar return 8th Mars conjuncted my natal ascendant. Solar return ascendant and 1st house are in the cusp of my natal 6th. 8th house Mars is the ruler of the solar return 4th house. Solar return MC is Libra, Venus in Capricorn at the edge of the entry of 12th house cusp.

I am expecting ongoing health issues.

astrokat

Great article thank you Poyi!

I'm also watching this eclipse closely. For me and my Husband this eclipse in Scorpio will be conjunct our respective Neptunes.

It will also conjunct the Pluto of a close family member. It looks like a lot of potential change for our family. (I'm using an orb of 1 or less)

I'm not quite sure how big of an orb can be used?

JUPITERASC

Great article thank you Poyi!

I'm also watching this eclipse closely. For me and my Husband this eclipse in Scorpio will be conjunct our respective Neptunes.

It will also conjunct the Pluto of a close family member. It looks like a lot of potential change for our family. (I'm using an orb of 1 or less)

I'm not quite sure how big of an orb can be used?
More than a hundred million people are then likely to possibly be affected by this eclipse

That's because:

November 1961 Neptune was at 11 Scorpio

February 1962 Neptune then retrograded at 13 Scorpio back to 11 Scorpio
by August 1962 Neptune was revisiting 11 Scorpio,
Neptune had reached only 12 Scorpio by October 1962
So Neptune was hovering around 11 Scorpio or thereabouts for an entire year :smile:
Everyone born between November 1961 and October 1962 has Neptune at or near 11 Scorpio.

Each year, approximately 132,000,000 people are born worldwide

Clearly, you and your husband are amongst an entire generation of people who are all experiencing similar changes

astrokat

Thanks Jupiterasc!

Good point! :D

Do you think that even though it's a generational Neptune being eclipsed that it's still possible to bring about personal manifestations if the inner planets are aspecting the Neptune?

This eclipse will be exact conjunct my only siblings south node in his 10th house. I wondered if there are any events or changes that come about when a point like that is aspected?

JUPITERASC

Thanks Jupiterasc!

Good point! :D

Do you think that even though it's a generational Neptune being eclipsed that it's still possible to bring about personal manifestations if the inner planets are aspecting the Neptune?

This eclipse will be exact conjunct my only siblings south node in his 10th house. I wondered if there are any events or changes that come about when a point like that is aspected?
That's ok astrokat - good idea to recall events that occurred on or about the time of the previous eclipse on this degree
that was 3 November 1994,
previous to that was 3 November 1975

HOWEVER

notice that there was no solar eclipse on that degree November 1956

That's because the time between eclipses can vary dependent on which series the eclipse forms a part of :smile:

FOR EXAMPLE

'....Metonic series

The metonic series repeats eclipses every 19 years (6939.69 days), lasting about 5 cycles. Eclipses occur on nearly the same calendar date. In addition the octon subseries repeats 1/5 of that or every 3.8 years (1387.94 days). This series has 20 eclipse events between June 10, 1964 and August 21, 2036.....'

The November eclipse also is part of Saros cycle 143, repeating every 18 years, 11 days, containing 72 events.

'.....The series started with partial solar eclipse on March 7, 1617 and total event from June 24, 1797 through October 24, 1995. It has hybrid eclipses from November 3, 2013 through December 6, 2067, and annular eclipses from December 16, 2085 through September 16, 2536. The series ends at member 72 as a partial eclipse on April 23, 2873. Series members 17-28 occur between 1901 and 2100....'

poyi

Premium Member
Other than making critical contact in the natal chart. The moment of eclipse if you local area allows you to witness such eclipse and what/where you will be doing how you feel during actual moment can tell a lot.

With last 13th November eclipse, my personal intuition and gut feeling of such eclipse was very profound and actually felt it physically I can only explain as that eclipse made contact to the mutual reception Mars in 1st and mercury in 3rd ruler of ascendant and MC as well as Moon. It was unusual for Southern Hemisphere like Australia to experience visible eclipse. It was luckily only a partial so the effect to my mercury was also partial.

poyi

Premium Member
Some more interesting articles.

http://astrologyking.com/solar-eclipse-november-2013/

http://darkstarastrology.com/solar-eclipse-november-2013/

Noted that in the second link the time of Solar eclipse only visible as daytime event in USA regions but not in London, Delhi or Sydney. So UK, Indian and Australia are unlikely, in general term to be greatly affected.

I think the effect of Eclipse should only be relevant to those are able to witness the event during day time and perhaps the reverse for the Lunar being at night. I think that is to do with our collective consciousness receiving the energy or not.

poyi

Premium Member
An interesting blog article about the Hybrid Solar Eclipse and it configurations.

http://solarisastrology.blogspot.com.au/2013/10/solar-eclipse-3rd-nov-2013-eclipse-of.html

Where and When to watch the Eclipse.

HSE2013_Americas-448x580.png

HSE2013_Overview_magnitude-580x434.png

http://www.universetoday.com/105651/rare-hybrid-solar-eclipse-on-november-3-2013-how-to-see-it/

The hybrid eclipse will be visible from parts of the Northern Hemisphere on 3 November. It will track from within a thin corridor across the North Atlantic and equatorial Africa.
The eclipse will be visible from across 13,600 kilometres, accounting for 0.09% of Earth's surface area.
Over the course of 3.3 hours, the eclipse will last for one minute and 40 seconds. It can be seen from eastern North America, northern South America, southern Europe, the Middle East and Africa at sunrise (11:05 UT).
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/519037/20131102/hybrid-solar-eclipse-2013-where-watch-rare.htm

JUPITERASC

How to catch a glimpse of the the rare hybrid solar eclipse on 3 November 2013
Watch Sunday's Rare Hybrid Solar Eclipse
ON LIVE VIDEO
which is currently stating at the time of posting that there are just 7 minutes until online live streaming of the eclipse begins :smile:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJPhI6QcxPo

'.....There's a rare hybrid solar eclipse happening this Sunday where the moon and sun will be perfectly aligned, giving the moon a beautiful ring of orange around it for that period of time. Thanks to the internet, you will be able to see it, regardless of where you are in the world. Those who will be able to get a live view of the event residents along the eastern coast of North America to parts of Africa and the Middle East. A hybrid solar eclipse occurs when an annular solar eclipse shifts into a total solar eclipse along different points of the eclipse path....'

According to Universe Today:

'....."Of the 11,898 solar eclipses listed over a 5,000 year span from 1999 BC to 3000 AD in Fred Espenak's Five Millennium Catalog of Solar Eclipses,
only 569, or 4.8% are hybrids
."

In an annular solar eclipse, the moon crosses the sun at its farthest distance from Earth, meaning that from our perspective, the moon isn't big enough to cover the sun completely.

"Looking down from space, we would see that the Moon's umbral shadow is not long enough to reach Earth," writes Fed Espenak of MrEclipse.com .....'

For those who are watching the solar eclipse online, Paul Cox, an astronomer at the online observatory Slooh.com, is controlling a telescope and other equipment to a remote spot in Kenya, where he plans to live-stream the total eclipse to viewers across the world. The live feed starts at 6:45 a.m. EST and ends at 10:15 a.m on 3 November 2013

poyi

Premium Member
Yes I had seen many various data also confirmed Hybrid Solar Eclipse is only less than 5% of the recorded recent Solar Eclipses in history.

poyi

Premium Member
I am reading the first link I just posted today. Very interesting and I would love to observe how many of his speculations coming true.

I have noticed in the past that Uranus and Pluto on the angles (Ascendant, IC, Descendant and Midheaven) of the eclipse chart can indicate where “incidents” and changes may occur in the weeks and months after it hits and this time around a few places on earth do stand out. Uranus is on the Ascendant at the time of the eclipse in Moscow, and that path of Uranus takes it also through eastern Turkey, through Syria, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Sudan and Somalia. Uranus on the Midheaven sees it affecting Eastern Russia, Western Japan and through the middle of Australia and Pluto on the Midheaven follows a very similar path as Uranus does going through Russia, onwards through Jordan, to Saudi Arabia and Eastern Africa. I would not mind betting that these areas of the world will see big changes in 2014. Pluto on the descendant interestingly goes close to Beijing, Taipei and Eastern Australia including a direct hit on Sydney – could the wildfires here be pre-empting this eclipse? Pluto on the Ascendant hits Scotland, then onwards to Brazil and Argentina. I wonder if this is a pre-cursor to Scottish independence and of course Brazil has the World Cup in 2014 which will transform the nation before the Olympics come in 2016.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Totality will last less than a minute across most of central Africa,
giving viewers a very hurried view before partial phases commence once more.

Interestingly, at totality:

VENUS
is one of the 7 visible planets
and shall be easily visible at magnitude -4.4 just 47 degrees east of the Sun :smile:

Unfortunately, prospects aren’t great for air or seaborne viewers in the mid-Atlantic to catch sight of comet ISON during the frenzied moments of totality, which will sit 50 degrees from the Sun between magnitude +7 & +8.

poyi

Premium Member
ISON comet, I am also looking forward of how bright it might actually be. November 2013 could be very eventful it ISON living up to it potential...