Never argue about astrology

wayne penner

I have studied this amazing subject intensely for 40 years and I think I have some small understanding, but I truly and humbly mean that. Anyone who tells you they are an expert on astrology is an expert only in their own mind – the subject is too vast. We are all students.

As soon as you have mastered your first real book on astrology (I don't mean the Hairstyles of the Zodiac kind) you might find your friends and relatives standing a foot or two further away from you, while they inwardly question your sanity.

Fear not, dear adventurer.

After some study, and after you have done your own chart and found it to be true (we all start with our own chart) you are now confident enough to do others’ charts. Don’t forget to charge a fee by the way. Just because the world in its present state of ignorance ridicules astrology doesn’t mean you should work for free. And as for a fee, whatever you think you should charge, double it. And don’t ever, ever negotiate. That’s your price and they can take it or leave it!

(I should add that because you have been given an incredible gift of the key to Wisdom, or one of the keys rather, you're obligated to help others if they need your help and cannot pay, and you must then provide your full service for free.)

Pretty soon you will gather even more confidence in your ability as you gain more knowledge. Then you will note that people no longer just look at you strangely and are standing even further away but you are now attracting people who are vocal in their insistence that astrology is rubbish. You will attract science majors and others who are both intelligent and equally ignorant of astrology.

My suggestions are these.

Never, ever, ever under any circumstances argue! You are not on this planet spinning at 18 miles a minute on this planet hurtling toward 28 Taurus simply to educate the ignorant. If they have so many questions recommend a book (Mayo’s Teach Yourself Astrology is excellent). Unless of course they are willing to pay you for your time - Wayne’s rule of thumb – always double what you think you’re worth – you’ll be amazed at how much you’re worth.

If you feel willing to discuss astrology as an intellectual exercise be prepared to explain how astrology works. People will argue, “Well how do the planets’ movements cause anything?” a valid question. The answer is of course that the planets don’t cause anything, they simply measure cycles in the same way that a clock does. It doesn’t cause time, simply measures it. IN the same way the planets measure the various cycles of life based on the seven basic principles.

Of course the ages-old question is how can there be only 12 types of people. The answer is of course that there are 12 types, basic types, but modified by the myriad modifications of planetary aspects and house and sign placements.

I could write 20 pages on this but I won’t go on but to say just one more thing. Trust your astrology. As you learn, trust that your astrology - it always works!

That your friends have not developed your sensitivity and insight is not your problem. If they think you’re nuts let them think so, study, and study more (especially the old writers, Alan Leo, Sepharial, C E O Carter, AC Libra, Marc Edmund Jones, the brilliant Nicholas Devore, Jeff Mayo) but don’t forget to charge your friends (double) when they want their chart done … and they will you know.

Fear not, dear adventurer. Trust your astrology. It always works.

athan

Thank you really for the timing of your post!!!

wayne penner said:
... because you have been given an incredible gift of the key to Wisdom, or one of the keys rather...

what would be some other of the keys?

...in thankful synchronicity
Athan

wayne penner

athan said:
Thank you really for the timing of your post!!!

what would be some other of the keys?

...in thankful synchronicity
Athan

Athan, one of the other keys would be Kabbalah, or Kabala (too many different spellings).

Kabbalah includes astrology in it's major arcana but it is an incredibly deep study that will require years (I'm guessing as I only studied for a year) to understand.

The public know Kabbalah from the Tarot cards, the major arcana being the links between the 10 sephiroths of the Tree of Life (there are actually 11 but you're not supposed to know that because one is hidden). It is a huge subject and an amazing journey. Be prepared to go into a set of worlds (and I really mean set of worlds) that you could not imagine. As I said I only studied very superficially but there's some real stuff there ... at the time I was taking LSD but I stopped (and I never took drugs again) because the trips on Kabbalah were even more amazing. Believe me ... But get a teacher don't try to teach yourself.
At the time I told my teacher that I could not study astrology and Kabbalah at the same time since both seemed to me to be a life-times work. He said that if I studied astrology deeply enough I would find Kabbalah again. I don't yet know if that is true.

athan

ok I see you about Kabbalah and allthough I too have only scratched the surface of it I understand(or rather should I say I feel?) it is a powerful tool.
I think that Kabbalah is the key to the main door....
...but I am not that eager on the idea of a teacher! I could be talking nonsense here but I think that a teacher is needed only to pass the information on (Kabbalah meaning reception in hebrew)and when the student has received the''info'' they are on their own.
On the other hand that could be my Saturn in Leo conj my MC talking...
What do you think about that?
I'd like to hear your thoughts also about the reason why Daat, the hidden Sephira, is not supposed to be rappresented in the Tree.
..and lastly... what ever happened to cause you to post this thread about astrology?

Athan

wayne penner

athan said:
ok I see you about Kabbalah and allthough I too have only scratched the surface of it I understand(or rather should I say I feel?) it is a powerful tool.
I think that Kabbalah is the key to the main door....
...but I am not that eager on the idea of a teacher! I could be talking nonsense here but I think that a teacher is needed only to pass the information on (Kabbalah meaning reception in hebrew)and when the student has received the''info'' they are on their own.
On the other hand that could be my Saturn in Leo conj my MC talking...
What do you think about that?
I'd like to hear your thoughts also about the reason why Daat, the hidden Sephira, is not supposed to be rappresented in the Tree.
..and lastly... what ever happened to cause you to post this thread about astrology?

Athan

Athan, well it sounds like you have studied a bit ... the reason you need a teacher is that at some point you will be invited to attend a meeting, and I really should leave it like that because otherwise I'm getting into an area that I'm not qualified to speak about. Suffice to say it's worth your while to attend that meeting. I did and I will never forget it.

Also, I think this is not the place to discuss the hidden sephiroth, but I would be happy to discuss this privately.

As I have stated I am most certainly no expert in this area so I will probably learn much more from you than you would learn from me. I have focused on astrology, not Kabbalah, although the Kabbalah is every bit as enlightening as astrology. There is no competition between these beautiful and elegant systems of thought. They are equally heralded and beautiful, but I have time only to study one in any depth, astrology.

Last edited:

tsquare

So far I have liked Franz Bardons Book, The Key to the True Kabbalah, (spelling). I have only scanned it's surface though......intersting stuff and facinating.....I have found another book of his intersting as well.....all of them I have found interesting.......Staying in the realm of astrology, I noticed that Bardon says in his second book, on evocation, that he would write a book on astrology if divine providence ever gave the urge......**** you divine providence(Joke) that book never came out......it would have been on my all time greats list...and I wouldn't mind seeing bardons view of the subject.....

Fanz Bardon book list:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franz_Bardon

Tsquare

athan

Wayne,

ok I understand and you got me going with that important meeting....
I guess PM or emailing would be more appropriate indeed.
Feel free to anytime. I had always wondered about that little devil the 11th sphere I mean.
Thanks and waiting...
Athan