Is the operation the right thing for me?

IleneK

Premium Member
i'm not too experienced in this branch of horary, but this is what I see.

You are Saturn.
The dental procedure is the 10th sign/place ruled by dignified Venus, so strong.
Saturn exalts Venus in Libra, so you may have some exaggerated expectation of the outcome. And Saturn is actually in the 12th sign/place which may contribute to your doubt, along with Moon in Scorpio as your co-significator, separating from combustion with the Sun, may point to your unease in anticipation.

But Venus applies without interference to Saturn by sextile. So this looks pretty favorable overall to me: both the procedure itself [robust, tried and true as reflected by Venus dignified in Libra and in the house of the procedure] and the outcome [as indicated by the unimpeded trine between you/Sat and the procedure/Ven].

Moon, as indicator of the question's unfolding, applies to a sextile, albeit to Mars, so it seems that things should go pretty well. Perhaps with Scorpio's influence on Moon, its leaving combustion, and its aspecting Mars, Scorpio's ruler, there may be a bit extra bleeding, but I suspect that this likely is not uncommon in a dental procedure.

Moon is about to change sign very soon, so that may help you feel better in anticipation as well.

I hope experienced medical horary folks will offer their view as well.

Last edited:

Oddity

If you're using whole signs to interpret, my concern would be that Venus is besieged (its closest separating aspect is from Mars, its closest applying aspect is to Saturn).

If the procedure is cosmetic, that may be indicative of some disappointment.

If you take the tenth house (as opposed to sign) as the procedure, the tenth traditionally representing the cure, it looks a little better with the moon-Mars (Mars being surgery/the surgeon) sextile, though moon is debilitated.

Saturn (you) is peregrine, but unafflicted, and both rules and sees by sextile Fortuna (which has a lot to do with the body) in the first house (which also has a lot to do with the body).

If it's cosmetic work, I might postpone because of the Venus situation, but it doesn't look like things will go horribly wrong, infected, massive bleeding, whatever your nightmare about dental surgery might be. But because of appearance, I do worry about Venus besieged.

Marinka

Not enough information ... "right for you" is not specific enough .. is it a medical issue that you are trying to correct and if so what is the outcome that you would want ... or if it is a cosmetic procedure, again what would be the specific outcome that you want.

Moon is in the 11th (whole sign) so is this some type of wish? Saturn ruler of you is in the 12th and is approaching a square to Neptune in the 3rd which happens to be "communication" which might be the ability to talk or just a problem with drugs .... this would be a con

Moon does have an aspect before moving out (sextile to Mars) which is the ruler of the 4th or the "end" so that would be positive.

edited to add -- Mercury which is ruler of the 6th (health) is in an inconjunct (break and adjust) with Uranus suggesting things not going to plan

Last edited:

Marinka

This would be similar to asking whether a book that I'm writing will be successful? "Successful" needs to be defined - is it making XX amount of dollars or is it getting recognition like being placed on the New York Times List or maybe it is by how many copies of books being sold.

Your question is about this being "right" for you - you need to define what "right" is.

From my perspective of getting a "good answer" to your question, your question has to be as focused as possible and dealing with just one aspect of this - so would it be the cosmetic part or the medical part? The more you put into the question (less focused), the more layers that have to be peeled back and the more likelihood of an incorrect/inaccurate interpretation.

Marinka

Not using astrology for this ---

If you are doing veneers where they just cover the front of the tooth, that will have a life of about 10 years so you would expect that this would need to be done again at that time (give or take a few years).

If you are doing caps, then more of the tooth structure is taken away and because of that, the teeth can shift more and then alignment can be a problem (braces). Also, caps like veneers are not likely to last more than 10 years.

An horary is not going to pick this up because of how far out in the future this would be.

If you do either, there might be a chance of needing to have a root canal on the teeth later. This can usually be done through a cap but, if you get veneers, they would have to be replaced with caps.

Depending on your age, some people might elect to move directly to having an implant done but, that would seem to be extreme (in your case) unless you are facing no other options.

Check both transiting and natal Saturn in your chart and see what is currently happening - usually that will signal "teeth work" and the other aspects can tell how it turns out.