Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Houses & cusps

Houses & cusps For discussions on houses and house cusps (i.e. planets on angles, house stelliums and so on)

Unread 07-11-2016, 02:30 PM

mars in 7th house and spouse?

Hello everybody?
Does anyone who has mars in 7th house and has successful long term relationship in a non-agreessive way?
I have mars taurus in 7th and I'm currently with a libra/cancer man, wondering if it could work or no.

thanks a lot !

Unread 07-11-2016, 03:45 PM

Re: mars in 7th house and spouse?

Mars in Taurus in the 7th may have a lot of very high expectations for their partners. You have high expectations for yourself as well, but you are used to that kind of pressure. He might not be.

Mars in the 7th in Taurus can put stress on a relationship because there is a competitive energy and an ongoing sense of aggressiveness, just under the surface. Your partner might feel that he is not truly appreciated and that you want to improve him, modify him, to your own specifications.

You might need to step back, relax, and try not putting so much pressure on yourself and your partner, to be 'the best.' Maybe just try and do things his way for awhile and learn to let go of being in total control?
Unread 07-11-2016, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid View Post
Mars in Taurus in the 7th may have a lot of very high expectations for their partners. You have high expectations for yourself as well, but you are used to that kind of pressure. He might not be.

Mars in the 7th in Taurus can put stress on a relationship because there is a competitive energy and an ongoing sense of aggressiveness, just under the surface. Your partner might feel that he is not truly appreciated and that you want to improve him, modify him, to your own specifications.

You might need to step back, relax, and try not putting so much pressure on yourself and your partner, to be 'the best.' Maybe just try and do things his way for awhile and learn to let go of being in total control?

thanks for the reply. I do have high standard for myself and others, which is the main reason of my boubt because i dont know if he could stand it.
Unread 07-11-2016, 10:55 PM

I don't, but I've known several people who do... For example, one of my best friends has Mars in Aries in 7th house. She's been with her boyfriend for going on 4 years. They're not at all aggressive with each other, unless you count play wrestling. They have healthy competitions, like who can bake the best cookies.
Unread 07-12-2016, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggiebw View Post
Hello everybody?
Does anyone who has mars in 7th house and has successful long term relationship in a non-agreessive way?
I have mars taurus in 7th and I'm currently with a libra/cancer man, wondering if it could work or no.

thanks a lot !
Then your 6th lord is in the 7th. 6th house is about competitiveness. And Mars is just amplifying that tendency. So you almost kinda need those fights. It's your preferred battle area.
Unread 07-12-2016, 05:11 PM
Banned

My husband has Mars in 7th house conjunct Uranus & Pluto. He is an Aries Sun. Everything about him revolves around his coming in 1st, being on top - not in that ego'y Leo way, but in the Aries way.

We can no longer play chess with each other because he always wins and win he wins - he proceeds to itemize how he was on top of my pieces throughout the game, I had no chance, etc. and even worse, he metaphorically pounds his chest on his victory.

I discovered the best way to counter his bravado and needing to win at everything, at all cost, was to stop playing chess with him and instead, to stick with playing chess on chess.com, where I tend to win more games - with a bit more 7th house diplomacy than he does in real life.

Also, to note - Mars in 7th often attracts partners/mates who are competitive or combative, it doesn't necessarily mean the 7th house native is outwardly that way. There is an element of transference in any 7th house planets in a person's chart.
Unread 07-13-2016, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchy View Post
My husband has Mars in 7th house conjunct Uranus & Pluto. He is an Aries Sun. Everything about him revolves around his coming in 1st, being on top - not in that ego'y Leo way, but in the Aries way.

We can no longer play chess with each other because he always wins and win he wins - he proceeds to itemize how he was on top of my pieces throughout the game, I had no chance, etc. and even worse, he metaphorically pounds his chest on his victory.

I discovered the best way to counter his bravado and needing to win at everything, at all cost, was to stop playing chess with him and instead, to stick with playing chess on chess.com, where I tend to win more games - with a bit more 7th house diplomacy than he does in real life.

Also, to note - Mars in 7th often attracts partners/mates who are competitive or combative, it doesn't necessarily mean the 7th house native is outwardly that way. There is an element of transference in any 7th house planets in a person's chart.

It's so true about attracting people who are competitive. All my previous relationships are with people super dominant and competitive.
This is why I feel like if I don't find enough in this relationship its not working lol
Unread 07-13-2016, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muchacho View Post
Then your 6th lord is in the 7th. 6th house is about competitiveness. And Mars is just amplifying that tendency. So you almost kinda need those fights. It's your preferred battle area.
Yea 6th lord in 7th, and 1st lord as well ;P
Unread 08-25-2017, 03:08 PM

A close friend of mine has mars in the 7th, in taurus too. She's a cancer sun/libra rising. She often attracts these 'aries' types - but in a negative way. These power possessive/aggressive/competitive types, who often take advantage of her. She seems attracted and drawn to the 'bad boy', or relationships which are set up to fail. Her moon is also conjunct her mars - which doesn't help! Often mothering her partners. She also has high expectations for the men she dates to be a lot more than they're willing to offer to her. I've seen nice men, who are attractive and funny, geniunely nice people pursue her and she's been turned off by them, uninterested.
Hmm. Don't know if that helps.

Tags
house, mars, spouse