Is Lindagoodman.com regarded as a joke here?

ChildOfVenus

So you find that the information about the different aspects they talk about on her forum to be legit?

I like the real life feedback on her forum. When I had my first Venus-Pluto contact relationship, I thought I was going crazy until I read that was 'normal' with that aspect! :biggrin: AW's forum is more technical and 'dry' by comparison.

Goodman wrote the first astrology book to make the New York Times bestseller list and did a great service by introducing many to astrology beyond three lines in the newspaper or a paragraph in Glamour magazine. She is probably responsible for many astrologers being able to make a living as more people actually sought their services after getting a 'taste' of astrology.

She had an interesting life but a somewhat sad one regarding her daughter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linda_Goodman

Oddity

Lindaland is a pop astrology forum where a lot of people go to have their charts read. Astrologyweekly is a pop astrology forum where a lot of people go to have their charts read.

Having looked through both forums, there doesn't seem to be a huge difference between them.

Bunraku

I remember seeing someone selling horary relationship services.
I guess there's also professionals working on there. Linda land looks more active and less strict though. The focus/general atmosphere is very different.

Also I just spotted astrochologist on there posting yesterday. He doesn't post here anymore :(

craft94

I signed up for LindaLand almost a year ago, and they never approved of me (though they never disapproved of me either). I got impatient waiting and decided to join this forum instead, expecting it to be something similar and I am glad that it's not. There ARE a lot of rules (my username was supposed to be witchcraft with a B...but they changed it), and some people can be astrological snobs but free speech leaves room for stupidity and snobbiness is better than ignorance. Compared to most astrology groups I've been in,, there's a definite reason to be snobby. I appreciate the knowledge and depth that all of you have. Believe it or not, in pop astrology groups, I'm one of the most knowledgeable/serious people there, if not the most...Here most people are smarter than me. It's a nice change.

Blaze

Account Closed
I signed up for LindaLand almost a year ago, and they never approved of me (though they never disapproved of me either). I got impatient waiting and decided to join this forum instead, expecting it to be something similar and I am glad that it's not. There ARE a lot of rules (my username was supposed to be witchcraft with a B...but they changed it), and some people can be astrological snobs but free speech leaves room for stupidity and snobbiness is better than ignorance. Compared to most astrology groups I've been in,, there's a definite reason to be snobby. I appreciate the knowledge and depth that all of you have. Believe it or not, in pop astrology groups, I'm one of the most knowledgeable/serious people there, if not the most...Here most people are smarter than me. It's a nice change.

Your user name was supposed to be B.itchcraft? If so that is freaking awesome. :lol:

Anyway, Linda goodman.....yea, I haven't visited that sight enough to form an opinion on it.

JUPITERASC

Some people here don't agree with Linda when it comes to astrology.
Some people on our forum
not only
don't agree with Linda
but also
don't agree with other forum members when it comes to astrology
but
that's not unexpected or unusual
simply because
there are a myriad forms of astrology
:smile:

rahu

Banned
that forum is very inbreed. I think that most of the moderators and regulars actually know each other personally and spend time together.
they are quite parochial and each forum has a designated troll. if you post something the "group" doesn't agree with the troll will unceasingly harass your post , like posting something inane, over and over like10-29 times.it is very narcissistic but there do seem to be a few mature moderators. but over all they are extremely narrow minded and seem to govern the website like a personal fiefdom.

rahu

rahu

Banned
that forum is very inbreed. I think that most of the moderators and regulars actually know each other personally and spend time together.
they are quite parochial and each forum has a designated troll. if you post something the "group" doesn't agree with the troll will unceasingly harass your post , like posting something inane, over and over like10-29 times.it is very narcissistic but there do seem to be a few mature moderators. but over all they are extremely narrow minded and seem to govern the website like a personal fiefdom.

rahu

there also seems to be a darker element at the website. if one reads the SPIDER columns, you will find out they they believe the CIA was after linda goodman and that they killed her daughter in the 1990's. it seems that part of linda goodman's life was opaque and had the makings of a spy thriller.

rahu

Jaded

Premium Member
there also seems to be a darker element at the website. if one reads the SPIDER columns, you will find out they they believe the CIA was after linda goodman and that they killed her daughter in the 1990's. it seems that part of linda goodman's life was opaque and had the makings of a spy thriller.

rahu

That Nutts I've read all over that forum I'm going to have to check that one out :bandit:

rahu

Banned
That Nutts I've read all over that forum I'm going to have to check that one out :bandit:

http://www.linda-goodman.com/cgi-bin/ubb/Ultimate.cgi

Transformation

The Spider Line

[FONT=Arial, Sans, Verdana]From the CIA's use of body doubles to President Nixon's secret yacht, Linda was very familiar with conspiracy theories, and one thing is certain--sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction; this Forum is for conspiracy theories of all types, and like the supposed body of Linda's deceased daughter, Sally, who bore no prominently identifying spider line scar, not all such theories are without merit (Moderated by SilverStone, iQ, Lei_Kuei, and aquaguy91) [/FONT]

rahu

Jaded

Premium Member
http://www.linda-goodman.com/cgi-bin/ubb/Ultimate.cgi

Transformation

The Spider Line

[FONT=Arial, Sans, Verdana]From the CIA's use of body doubles to President Nixon's secret yacht, Linda was very familiar with conspiracy theories, and one thing is certain--sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction; this Forum is for conspiracy theories of all types, and like the supposed body of Linda's deceased daughter, Sally, who bore no prominently identifying spider line scar, not all such theories are without merit (Moderated by SilverStone, iQ, Lei_Kuei, and aquaguy91) [/FONT]

rahu

I will have to take a look at this thank you rahu :biggrin:

Astrochologist

A feifdom is right. I just got banned over there. I posted a link to a great app I'm partnered with now. Someone (mod) got upset that I posted it. Called me a business (as if that's an insult). I have work and clients all of the time. In addition, I have posted extensively and contributed many times on that site. There is a losers mentality it seems.

I'll try to visit here more often.

conspiracy theorist

What makes your comment even more hilarious is that your signature was deleted by the mods. An entrepreneurial spirit such as yourself just can't catch a break on these astro forums.

Bunraku

It’s like going to youtube for astrology
Sometimes there’s good stuff like the link posted on about antiscion here, but most of the time it’s nonsense.

craft94

What makes your comment even more hilarious is that your signature was deleted by the mods. An entrepreneurial spirit such as yourself just can't catch a break on these astro forums.

I like this forum better but it also has a lot of weird rules. Apparently it considers p.o.r.n to be a swear.