Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 08-04-2014, 02:56 AM

Re: Why am I noticing that Virgos....

The sources that led me to my conclusion would be life and observations of ppl in general. I dont need any other sources since I have a mind and choose to use it, which I find preferable to letting others think for me.

Last edited by The Ram; 08-04-2014 at 03:15 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to The Ram For This Useful Post:
venuschild (08-15-2014)
Unread 08-04-2014, 06:37 AM

Hi. I agree with The Ram about the signs. Because the tropical zodiac mirrors the annual seasonal cycle, we can look to nature to for validation of this view. In spring and summer individual plants are thriving, but in autumn and winter many of them release their seed and some or all of their very substance back into the greater whole which is the ecosystem.

And although there is an emphasis on individuality in the first six signs, ego compulsions can distort the expression of any sign.

Personally I do want others to do some of my thinking for me. I wouldn't like to try to work out astrology from scratch, for example.

A book which really gets to the heart of the cyclical shift of emphasis between individualism and collectivism throughout the tropical zodiacal cycle is 'The Pulse of Life' by Dane Rudhyar. Its not the easiest book to read, but well worth the effort.
The Following User Says Thank You to miquar For This Useful Post:
venuschild (08-15-2014)
Unread 08-04-2014, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miquar View Post
A book which really gets to the heart of the cyclical shift of emphasis between individualism and collectivism throughout the tropical zodiacal cycle is 'The Pulse of Life' by Dane Rudhyar. Its not the easiest book to read, but well worth the effort.
This really has me thinking about just how prevalent this theme is going to become and is already becoming in the now entered Age of Aquarius. The Aquarius-Leo axis is the one of identity. Individualism vs collectivism. The main theme is staying as a unique individual inside a united society. I also think it really demonstrates the key of this age since it goes in line with separation from oneness as well. That's why this age is the most important so far, since everything is simply identity away from Source. Its all about the integration of polarity and this age is the simplest and yet most effective at doing this since it is simply about identity. Its the balance between self and others. We cannot have too much of either without chaos. We are working towards a collective conscious but while also retaining an individual vibration inside said consciousness. So in a sense being connected and separate simultaneously, the ultimate achievement in the eyes of source.
venuschild (08-15-2014)
Unread 08-04-2014, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post

I have met the "strange" Virgo though. My friends cousin is a nasty (As in, He lives in a house that resembles a trash can), selfish person (And also a Virgo-sun). I wonder what his chart looks like.....
I snorted out loud. My word that was a funny comparison! Anyways, ahah ok moving on ahaha omg I can't lol.
—Albert Einstein
Not to hurt our humble brethren is our first duty to them, but to stop there is not enough. We have a higher mission—to be of service to them wherever they require it.—Francis of Assisi
The Following User Says Thank You to Love2Know For This Useful Post:
venuschild (08-15-2014)
Unread 08-04-2014, 08:07 PM
Banned

Ram

Quote:
The sources that led me to my conclusion would be life and observations of ppl in general. I dont need any other sources since I have a mind and choose to use it, which I find preferable to letting others think for me.

If you are an aries sun, AR rising, Moon in Ar, or with AR on the third I think I understand the why of it if you can see yourself in the joke!

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77212

There are all kinds of horoscopes and each Virgo is different.

Had a Virgo roommate when I was 23 who confided with his Sun in the 8H that he went to prostitutes and the main reason he didn't pay or have sex with them was the hygiene fear; so Virgoish but then his Cap rising and virgo sun spared him!

I knew another virgo man descended from Russian Jews who was an atheist, and the way he conducted his financial trades with others one sort of understands why Hitler did what he did, talk about someone way into himself.

Then a bro of mine had a friend who looked just like him from the same place, Los Angelos; he took him for a ride setting him up and swindled him out of $140.

Now I'm using extreme cases as charts can and do show extreme personality traits, but virgo knows who number one is, and it generally isn't the other!

Last edited by venuschild; 08-04-2014 at 09:14 PM.
Unread 08-05-2014, 07:41 PM

Hi LeoJeo. I came to associate the Leo/Aquarius axis with identity after reading Liz Greene's book, 'The Art of Stealing Fire'. In part of the book, she looks at Uranus through the houses, looking at each house axis in turn, and using the term 'identity' to define the 5th/11th axis. I think it works really well - people who are part of a group often like to advertise the fact on a badge or t shirt or whatever, and the group may be a group of people who follow a particular entertainer, leader or artist. So the 11th is very much bound up with identity.

But I was wondering if you have seen this association in any other books or writings besides the book mentioned above? I thought maybe Greene had got it from Rudhyar, but I haven't come across it when reading his stuff so far.
venuschild (08-15-2014)
Unread 08-05-2014, 08:55 PM
Banned

Anne3

Quote:
are a little on the manipulative side? I have also noticed that they are selfish and like control. I have met a few that are troublemakers. Aren't virgos supposed to strive to help others? All I am noticing is that they strive to help themselves and they really do not have the ability to look outside of their own perspective.

I have an aunt of the sign who the whole family wouldn't visit my uncle because of all the drama she created; she was as you stated to the core! The whole family agrees she could have tried out for the Wizard of Oz and easily got the part, nobody visits her any more as she is so much into herself; at the extreme.

I have a sister who in college took 21 hours one semester, sorority sister, and in the band(majorette), virgo-like she made straight A's, a true academic virgo. Yet in life for years she ran off so many suitors as she dated doctors and lawyers desite being a self-made millionaire herself, looking for the bigger dollars and none of her beaus lasted more than 6-8 weeks as they eventually caught on. She even tried to get into Scientology to meet men for her 'gold digger ambitions'! I even reprimanded her over a decade ago saying "..just because you are attending church, if dollars in a man are your only materialistic ideal, and despite you being a virgin(she was and still is) are you any different than the prostitutes in the brothels in Nevada and the street walkers in San Francisco?"

She didn't talk to me for over a decade, but now we were close because she knows now that virgo side of hers was way too materialistic back then. And she is Not homely she looks a lot like Farrah Fawcett:

Last edited by venuschild; 08-05-2014 at 09:03 PM.
Unread 08-05-2014, 10:09 PM

I know some very lovely Virgos. It would be worth looking for other chart features in these alleged manipulators and control-freaks that people are speaking of. And then looking to see if those same chart features sometimes express in the same way in people born under the other signs.
venuschild (08-15-2014)
Unread 08-05-2014, 10:36 PM
Banned

Virgos of both sexes are almost always highly attractive.
The Following User Says Thank You to anne3 For This Useful Post:
venuschild (08-15-2014)
Unread 08-07-2014, 02:57 PM

I never found virgo sun more attractive than any other sun.
—Albert Einstein
Not to hurt our humble brethren is our first duty to them, but to stop there is not enough. We have a higher mission—to be of service to them wherever they require it.—Francis of Assisi
The Following User Says Thank You to Love2Know For This Useful Post:
venuschild (08-15-2014)
Unread 08-07-2014, 03:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Know View Post
I never found virgo sun more attractive than any other sun.
Agreed. They look too plain and almost dull-like.

Leos are so much sexier and appealing. I should know, I'm one myself.
Unread 08-07-2014, 03:48 PM

Hi anne3. Its interesting that you see Virgos as attractive and manipulative. These are characteristics usually attributed largely to the 8th house, which is where you have Mercury in Virgo, with Virgo on the 8th cusp. Possibly your very strong Libran emphasis means that your shadow side is somehow bound up with your 'underdog' Virgo streak.
venuschild (08-15-2014)
Unread 08-08-2014, 01:01 AM

All the signs have negative qualities but, and I say this as a Virgo sun, Virgos have the negative qualities that really get to a persons core bc they literally just shred people up on a personal level with criticism. Virgo dark side is more "let me do this for you the right way", they can't tolerate someone else messing up so they definitely can come off as selfish while inside their head they believe they're doing a favor. I've defintely had my control freak episodes where i wanted to do all the hard work for other people so it would be perfect (i didnt trust them to do a good job) but they ended up missing out on the experience, so while i thought i was helping with a generous deed, i had selfish intentions and was controlling by depriving them of their involvement. Virgos are very generous people, and I've met so many helpful and giving Virgos in my time, but they can just as often get jaded when they don't feel helpful or get taken advantage of, which is really easy to happen... people love to take advantage of someone who literally enjoys doing all the hardwork for you. Virgos also definitely have that laser sight that causes them to miss out on the big picture. This only ever eases when they can calm those mercury nerves lol... even still, virgos definitely need a travel guide in life lol...

Virgo is also surrounded by Leo and Libra who have dark sides that only enhance the me me me and manipulation, if mercury should fall in them. Not that any sign is inherently bad... I've noticed Virgos with Leo mercury's are way more high strung and libra mercury can be deceptive

I've always associated Scorpio and Virgo, they both are very protective and giving. It's no surprise they'd both share a quality of manipulation on the negative side, it's kind of a "I know what's best for you, so let me do the work for you" thing for Virgos, where Scorp has other reasons...

I think once a Virgo is able to laugh at themselves their shadow side chills out. I don't think a Virgo will ever stop criticising people, but they learn to tone it down when they can laugh at themselves and loosen up. It's so easy for a Virgo to become negative because while they criticise people constantly, the criticism inside their head directed towards themselves never quiets and they end up holding others to these impossible standards as well. until they're able to openly laugh about it and realize not everybody is holding the magnifying glass to them, they are literally a walking ball of nerves and they take it out on people around them bc the nerves just become an inevitability...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to timeconsumer For This Useful Post:
Flowergirl (08-10-2014), venuschild (08-15-2014)
Unread 08-10-2014, 03:56 AM

Timeconsumer - what a great post.

---

People ON THIS THREAD need to get back to the basics of using dignities, personal planets and where the themes/emphasis are, to determine a persons ENERGY in a chart. Let me explain:

I am still really gobsmacked at how people tend to focus in on a person's Sun sign, instead of reading the entire chart for a dominant theme /energy. I know a Virgo Sun with such a strong emphasis in other areas of the chart, that you would NEVER think he has any Virgo energy. Thus, you cannot say that he has Virgo qualities, can you?

In contrast:

I also have a lot of distant family members with both Virgo Sun and Mercury in Virgo (dignity) - the effect of birth planning. It might have been a good idea at the time to have huge birthday parties at the same time or people you can relate to around you. But not a good idea!, because you end up with a household BOMBARDED with the Virgo energy in the most negative way. And they think it is normal because that's how most of them are and think. They shred each other and others apart with criticism, blame and over-analysis and they are all of the Virgo weaknesses x2. That is where you REALLY see what Virgo weakness are.

Are people getting the idea of just how important it is to use dignities, personal planets and themes/emphasis, instead of just saying... aww he's a Virgo sun...

Last edited by Flowergirl; 08-10-2014 at 08:18 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Flowergirl For This Useful Post:
venuschild (08-15-2014)
Unread 08-13-2014, 10:38 PM

It depends a lot on the chart of the person also I think the 'best' manipulators of the zodiac would be water signs since they are so emotional I think they have a better understanding on how to persuade a person to think/feel the same way they do. I'm not saying a person with their sun in a water sign is emotional but what I am saying is if a person has tons of water in their chart, they feel very deeply, so I think their strong viewpoints on things could easily persuade someone else. Hope that makes sense

Check out my astrology youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/cuteecap
The Following User Says Thank You to CuteCap For This Useful Post:
venuschild (08-15-2014)
Unread 08-14-2014, 01:03 AM

Sure, but Mercury is also known as the trickster
The Following User Says Thank You to Bunraku For This Useful Post:
venuschild (08-15-2014)
Unread 08-14-2014, 01:23 AM
Banned

Flowergirl

Quote:
People ON THIS THREAD need to get back to the basics of using dignities, personal planets and where the themes/emphasis are, to determine a persons ENERGY in a chart. Let me explain:

I am still really gobsmacked at how people tend to focus in on a person's Sun sign, instead of reading the entire chart for a dominant theme /energy. I know a Virgo Sun with such a strong emphasis in other areas of the chart, that you would NEVER think he has any Virgo energy. Thus, you cannot say that he has Virgo qualities, can you?

So true, but we know every house and sign has certain traits, and it is as you stated but most of the newbies have never been acquainted with anything else but sun sign astrology, especially in the USA!

Can't remember Linda Goodman's book, where she says '...a Virgo woman will run off with another lover...then come back with a child from another wishing her husband would take her back...'. I have seen that!

Anyone remember which book of which she spoke of that factor of the Virgo woman?

Unread 08-15-2014, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by venuschild View Post
but most of the newbies have never been acquainted with anything else but sun sign astrology, especially in the USA!
Yes, this is as you say. I am just at the point where I'm thinking that SUN SIGN astrology is BAD astrology. Making assessments on others' nature based on their Sun sign basically proves just how useless Sun sign astrology can be. Let me explain: so many people just cannot relate to the energy of their Sun sign alone and thus it proves to the mass just how useless or inaccurate astrology are...

Also take in to consideration that most horoscopes are actually based on the rising sign/ascendant and not the Sun sign - making it appear like utter balony when printed in the papers/magazines. Balony that it really is, since very few know their rising sign/ascendant.

Perhaps this was done on purpose to distract. Perhaps to keep the mysteries of astrology exclusive. For it is only after a person have studied astrology extensively, that you discover just how powerful and life changing the knowledge can be and can be used for benefit.

Through the ages there are many signs of ancient Mayans, Greek philosophers and even modern presidents, all using astrology in life.

Good thing that we have the internet now so even the newbies can educate and empower themselves and rise above the misinformation.
venuschild (08-15-2014), waybread (08-16-2014)
Unread 08-15-2014, 07:56 PM
Banned

Flowergirl

Quote:
Yes, this is as you say. I am just at the point where I'm thinking that SUN SIGN astrology is BAD astrology. Making assessments on others' nature based on their Sun sign basically proves just how useless Sun sign astrology can be. Let me explain: so many people just cannot relate to the energy of their Sun sign alone and thus it proves to the mass just how useless or inaccurate astrology are...

Totally agree!

I was at a seminar about 20 years ago and the speaker from India stated '..the West or the USA is obsessed with Sun Sign astrology..', and it's not only superficial it's ruining the public's perception of how accurate is astrology.

Many on this forum and others will not even bother to study the astro lore that goes back thousands of years. They become dependent of pseudo readings by amateurs who's names will not be remembered in history and sometimes the lackadaisical attitude of lack of depth in their studies reflects upon the art and science so badly the icons of antiquity I'm sure are turning over in their graves!

But back to the Virgo-ish nature.

My Virgo sister who had that greedy side also has that compassionate side as Virgo as the servant(she is a work-a-holic, and they make such excellent nurses. And yes she is in the medical field, a millionaire, yet compassionate enough when she toured a Latin American nation years ago, seeing an elder woman without shoes, she took hers off her only pair for the trip and gave them to the woman. That is the sensitivity side of Virgo!

Last edited by venuschild; 08-15-2014 at 07:58 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to venuschild For This Useful Post:
Flowergirl (08-16-2014)
Unread 08-15-2014, 09:51 PM
Banned

Though I have an aunt by marriage that strongly resembles the following, my virgo sister is far softer than this, that I will Not make into a picture but the OP has created the mood; asking the why of it!

https://meetmeinthecrowd.files.wordp.../05/virgo3.jpg
Unread 08-16-2014, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anne3 View Post
Isn't Sophia loren a libra?

Also, I am not saying ALL virgos are like what I described....but many that I have come across. Calculating, vengeful, selfish, troublemakers but in a very subtle way.
She's a Virgo.

And let's look at the words you use to describe sun-Virgos. If you posted this directly to a sun-Virgo, you would reasonably be accused of trolling.

I suggest you look at your own chart, to see how Virgo suns might affect you in synastry.

If you go to the Astro-DataBank at Astrodienst (www.astro.com) you can find the charts for thousands of sun-Virgos. See how many of these people fit your definition. You will also see that you can't just look at the sun sign to explain their personalities.

I have two Virgo sun adult children. I think they are wonderful people. They certainly don't fit your description.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
The Following User Says Thank You to waybread For This Useful Post:
Flowergirl (08-16-2014)
Unread 08-16-2014, 12:45 AM

Location: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales

Anne

are you LISTENING to what you are saying?
or reading what you are typing?

this is a complete utter B*U*L*L*S*H*I*T!
so according to your theory ....all virgos are prety much generalized description of scorpios LOL... thanks! Me likes virgos!

Virgos are attractive statement? LOL it is all in the eyes of a beholder. Some ppl will find some virgos attractive and some are not.. manipulating? HARDLY....obsessed with germ *i gotta give that to them*.

shakes her head
T
Unread 08-16-2014, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowergirl View Post

I also have a lot of distant family members with both Virgo Sun and Mercury in Virgo (dignity) - the effect of birth planning.
Oh my, I just realised my mistake. Mercury is DOMICILE in Virgo. I realised I may have confused a few of the newbies who may have wanted to read up on this. Sorry. Seeking out domicile planets in a reading of a chart is one of the really powerful ways of getting to the core energy of the person's chart. It really amps up the energy of that planet in the chart. It's worth memorising to give really great assessments on people's nature, especially with the personal planets Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus and Mars.

http://theastrologydictionary.com/d/domicile/
http://wiki.astro.com/astrowiki/en/Domicile
https://au.answers.yahoo.com/questio...7045042AALwTxK
Unread 08-16-2014, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowergirl View Post
Oh my, I just realised my mistake. Mercury is DOMICILE in Virgo. I realised I may have confused a few of the newbies who may have wanted to read up on this. Sorry. Seeking out domicile planets in a reading of a chart is one of the really powerful ways of getting to the core energy of the person's chart. It really amps up the energy of that planet in the chart. It's worth memorising to give really great assessments on people's nature, especially with the personal planets Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus and Mars.

http://theastrologydictionary.com/d/domicile/
http://wiki.astro.com/astrowiki/en/Domicile
https://au.answers.yahoo.com/questio...7045042AALwTxK
Virgos have always dampened my imagination
So I come prepared with facts to support my imaginative fantasies...which shouldn't happen to begin with, but creates for interesting discussion & debate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikana View Post
Anne

are you LISTENING to what you are saying?
or reading what you are typing?

this is a complete utter B*U*L*L*S*H*I*T!
so according to your theory ....all virgos are prety much generalized description of scorpios LOL... thanks! Me likes virgos!

Virgos are attractive statement? LOL it is all in the eyes of a beholder. Some ppl will find some virgos attractive and some are not.. manipulating? HARDLY....obsessed with germ *i gotta give that to them*.

shakes her head
T
Most of her threads that I've seen are like this: asking for generalizations when there is clearly a underlying factor. You know, like someone who talks about a chart, but doesn't post it, so people end up posting answers that don't pertain to her (or anything for that matter) and the threads always end up in disaster... like this thread right now
Unread 08-16-2014, 09:29 PM
Banned

Rachel Welch...Virgo sun

I was over at some friends last night who had a Virgo male neighbor who didn't evidently did not have any mens rae(capacity for guilt) and the Virgo male would mis-behave badly and he evidently didn't understand he needed to make amends, like apologize and clean up his act!

I've known a few other male Virgos who would do the same thing, then they would start bickering with people they were involved with, and then weeks or months latter try to be friendly to those persons they slighted as if nothing had happened, never even contemplating they needed to make an apology or modify their bad behavior.

I've know a woman the same way, who would cheat on her boy friend and be dishonest in about every way possible then seek to get back with her man; talk about drama!

Yes like my old Virgo astrology friend used to say '..we virgos are really _______..'

Last edited by venuschild; 08-16-2014 at 11:58 PM.

Tags
noticing, virgos