Uncle released from prison?

kailaniatsea

Will my uncle be released from prison?

Hello, my uncle has been incarcerated for a number of years for a non-violent probation violation. My mother and I are trying to get him released as his case will be eligible for review in 2015. He is now a senior citizen and we do not want to see him die in prison. One of our concerns is that if he does get released he may be deported back to his country of origin and potentially land in prison over there. We don't know if our efforts will be met with success given the strict laws in the state in which he lives in. Mom and I will have the means to pay for legal representation, but hate for that money to go to waste as we are not rich women. His next parole hearing is next January.

I flipped the chart to see what may be going on with him, 7th house (3rd from my mother's 4th). The degrees are still early and re-did the chart a few days ago and the rising is also 3 degrees as well. Since this was the first chart I would like for someone to take a look at it and give me their perspective. Saturn and Uranus are his significators. There is a slight Finger of God formation between Mercury, Saturn and Pluto (in his 12th). Could this mean that he may get lucky? The twelfth house is also ruled by Saturn, which is in Scorpio and that disposes as Mars in Taurus in his 4th. That doesn't look good as it is in detriment here. Also, the Sun is near Algol in Taurus, the sign of losing your head, which points back to me when I relocate myself in his chart (Leo rising). He does have a violent past (esp. with women) and we had to stop speaking to him a long time ago. My mother and I have dictated that we'll only help him from afar, but we do not want him living in our home.

Any insights will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Uncle Free From Jail.jpg
    Uncle Free From Jail.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Nacho

Banned
Hey, is this uncle a paternal or maternal uncle? If he is a maternal uncle, although I don't know if I am right, and the horary is old, it seems to indicate a yes, because of Sun Moon. However, if your uncle is paternal, I am not as sure, it seems it could go either way.

Last edited:

kailaniatsea

Nacho, he is my maternal uncle. When I asked the question again, I obtained an early degree, so I decided to stick to the first chart. He is not up for a parole hearing until 2015 and we wanted to have an idea of what he can expect.

Thanks.

Nacho

Banned
Hey, I am not sure if this could be a yes. Moon is square Jupiter. I suppose this could mean a yes with difficulties or delays, but I am not sure at all.

By the way, this chart has an early degree as well.

Last edited:

dr. farr

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary doctrines and uses whole sign house format)

NOTE: I follow the Western perspective in regard to house significators for mother and father (ie, 4th house for father, 10th house for mother) This delineation is based on that perspective.

-maternal uncle = 3rd from 10th house = Cancer = Moon
-Part of Imprisonment (in this case, the formula is uncle's ascendant, ie Cancer, plus uncles' Part of Fortune-which falls @ 16 Libra-minus lord of the uncle's ascendant, = the Moon) falls @ 7 Leo
-his significator Moon flows away from the Part of Imprisonment = + for release
-significator Moon also flows away from the dispositor of the Part of Imprisonment, the Sun = + for release
-his significator Moon is in an elevated degree of Virgo = + overall re to the question
-his significator Moon flows toward his Part of Fortune = + overall re to the question

Indications seem positive for uncle's release on parole, sometime after his scheduled 2015 parole hearing (although a parole date set at that time might be for a year or 2 following that hearing)

kailaniatsea

Thank you dr. farr! It's interesting that you mention that he may not be release until after 2015 (probably 2017) because we are working with an organization that told me the same thing concerning his release. Wow, that's really great to know!

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
This chart is actually kind of interesting. Partly because of the way the significators have fallen make it force a somewhat different approach.

With the revelation that this is a maternal uncle it makes his significator the Moon, the ruler of the Twelfth house (Third from the Tenth). Now, obviously the Twelfth and its lord would normally be the significator for the prison itself, so not having one to look towards makes things more difficult.

So, our "normal" method of perfection is somewhat unavailable to us with the Moon pulling double duty.

You could argue that one way to handle this is to turn the chart further; do the Twelfth from the Twelfth to show the prison of the maternal uncle. I really don't like this idea, partly because I hate turning the chart more than necessary, and partly because I feel prison is pretty universal. We turn charts to see ownership of items or people, but more universal agencies or ideas should remain with the radix.

Part of the issue to be looked into is if the planets that rule the angles are in the angles, and we have two of them; Mars and Saturn, who are really the worst ones we would have. This argues against him leaving, particularly since Saturn is in the Fourth and Lord of the Eighth while afflicting the Ascendant with a Square.

The Moon is just so barely within the five degree mark to be considered in a cadent house, which is good for matters of escape, so suggests a chance of release on probation, but the Moon in a mutable sign gives a pretty high chance of a return to prison (as mutable signs go back and forth).

On the positive side, the Moon is caught between Squares of Jupiter and Venus. We don't technically need reception with benefics to perfect anything, and we could typically take this to just mean that it'll be a difficult fight that's won. However, look at the Sign the Moon is in. In Virgo, she's in Jupiter's detriment AND Venus's fall. So neither benefics want to work with the Moon in this instance.

So what do those two planets signify? Well Jupiter is lord of the Ninth, the law, so it suggests the law rejects your uncle's release. Venus is lord of the Fourth, the end of the matter, or as we would refer to it in typical law-speak; the verdict. So it seems as if the verdict would also reject him and not be in his favor, however since this is a separating aspect, it probably better reflects the original verdict that got him imprisoned.

With all of this in mind, I'm leaning more towards the "probably sent to prison in his own country" as it sort of combines all of the elements together pretty well.

Nacho said:
By the way, this chart has an early degree as well.

The chart posted in the original post actually does not have the Ascendant in an early degree. The early degrees are the first three degrees, and in classical times the signs were notated with degrees from 1-30, making the first three degrees 1, 2, and 3.

Nowadays we don't do that. We numerate degrees in signs from 0-29, so the first three degrees now are 0, 1, and 2. What is written as the "third degree of Leo" is actually the fourth.

Annoying, I know.

Nacho

Banned
The chart posted in the original post actually does not have the Ascendant in an early degree. The early degrees are the first three degrees, and in classical times the signs were notated with degrees from 1-30, making the first three degrees 1, 2, and 3.

Nowadays we don't do that. We numerate degrees in signs from 0-29, so the first three degrees now are 0, 1, and 2. What is written as the "third degree of Leo" is actually the fourth.

Annoying, I know.

Thank you for your lecture. But we both can have different definitions of what are early degrees. You might follow the classical definition, I might follow my own definition.

kailaniatsea

This chart is actually kind of interesting. Partly because of the way the significators have fallen make it force a somewhat different approach.

Thank you for taking the time to pick up these subtleties; I picked up on some of them and I was stumped.

So, our "normal" method of perfection is somewhat unavailable to us with the Moon pulling double duty.

He is caught between two countries and that may explain the "double duty."

Part of the issue to be looked into is if the planets that rule the angles are in the angles, and we have two of them; Mars and Saturn, who are really the worst ones we would have. This argues against him leaving, particularly since Saturn is in the Fourth and Lord of the Eighth while afflicting the Ascendant with a Square.

The Moon is just so barely within the five degree mark to be considered in a cadent house, which is good for matters of escape, so suggests a chance of release on probation, but the Moon in a mutable sign gives a pretty high chance of a return to prison (as mutable signs go back and forth).

With all of this in mind, I'm leaning more towards the "probably sent to prison in his own country" as it sort of combines all of the elements together pretty well.

USCIS (Immigration) has changed a lot these days and laws are considerably stricter. However, I would hate for him to be sent to prison back home because a simple deportation should be enough. In fact, this is what Mom and I want knowing that his life in the U.S. would be doomed after release. He is elderly and believe that home is best for him, even though he strongly disagrees. In fact, we would be more than willing to visit home back home if he is deported.

Annoying, I know.

I was not aware of this interesting detail.