Elon Musk says he will have chip implants in our brain to listen to music!

waybread

Best not to insult foxes-- they are beautiful little animals.

Attachments

• fox red.jpg
    fox red.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 19

Zeuses

What privacy? If people truly cared about it, they wouldn’t have allowed companies to gather sell and use their data.

Governments have all of your information and are freely allowed to gather info about you.

Privacy is an ancient and archaic concept.
We don't have any choice as most things are online even some shops are only online, benefits all online. What about during lockdown? People couldn't mix with others so went online, education has been online, shopping online I've been physically into shops where they have told me to buy online because it isn't in store. Basically you have no choice but to go online. But to suggest that no privacy means the next step is to agree to have chips planted in your head for music is both bizzare and scary.

aquarius7000

you guys are just conspiracy theorists . None of these have any basis in reality and Star Trek is not a credible news source

Can you deny that implanting chips in your brains, and that for music (life saving!! :rolleyes:), is interfering with the natural anatomy of a human being?

Can you deny that there could be serious repercussions of how this could in some way be damaging to a person's health, perhaps even irreversibly?

Can you deny that it seems so unnecessary to meddle with the human body and for what - so Musk can boast about pioneering new tech again, but this time seriously unnecessarily and highly invasive?

Can you deny that this is just so Musk can make more money through Mus!k, meaning music, and at what cost?!! Ever invested a thought into that?

Zeuses

It's an in-joke, Bunraku. Nobody claims that Star Trek is a credible news source. But it is full of metaphors that are widespread in our culture.

No conspiracy theory: just sensible questions and precautions.

Quite right if we were not asking questions about the prospect of chips being implanted into brains then it would be very worrying. To ask such questions doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, maybe just someone who cares about people.

Bunraku

Bunraku, if you want a microchip in your brain, I can't stop you. I recommend the "logical thinking" microchip.

Because now you're into "two wrongs make a right" territory. People give up X amount of their privacy to get the goodies they want from a given Internet site, thereby relinquishing any claim on any future privacy concerns? I get that there is a monetary value on my data, but since I live in a rural area with few opportunities to just go spend money somewhere (esp. during CV-19,) with two ad blockers, a good spam filter, &c, there are limits as to how many targeted ads I ever even see.

You've also got a fallacy ad populum: that just because a lot of people do something, it must be the right thing to do. [This is like the old question: "If you were a lemming and all the other lemmings are jumping off a cliff, would you do that, too?"]

Are you familiar with the expression "sheeple"?

Sorry, but a lot of scams targeting seniors are done by telephone or mail. It's not because seniors are Internet-illiterate, it's because they don't smell a rat.

Moreover, I can't tell you how many OPs I've seen by younger women who think they're in love with someone they've only "met" on the Internet. They don't stop to think that this guy is probably not who he claims to be. Sometimes he lives in another country so she wonders when they will meet. How vulnerable and naïve is that? I could argue that lonely young women desperate to be in a relationship are more vulnerable than seniors are.

I don't know about you, but I got on the Internet via email for my work in 1993. Today I use it extensively, just not social media. I know very few seniors who are not connected, either because their work required it back-when; or to keep in touch with friends and family. Think about the dates when banking went on-line to get some idea.

Watch out for ageism, Bunraku. It is a form of prejudice.

Thank God, I'm an Aquarian. I can think for myself, thank you very much.

Actually waybread, now that you say that...
Perhaps you’re right :)
After reading and pondering on this comment:
Technology is anti-evolutionary, when it comes to developing our own, natural, mental abilities.
The young are... divert[ed]... from the evolutionary path.

...elders are in tune with the evolutionary curve, more so than the rest of their generation, as has always been the case.

Older people ARE more in tune with the higher spiritual powers that progress the world to a better place. With age comes wisdom. It was after all, older people as a demographic who supported trump and won him the presidency. :joyful:

This is because the Pluto in Leo generation had a profound connection with Leo Trump. They were able to see through the fake news with their penetrating minds and were able to discern the truth. The fake news media was simply just a fly that could have been swatted away by the older generations due to their intelligence and plutonian savvy to their president. The younger generations believe in false ideas that aren’t very practical (neptune and uranus). I was not giving old people enough credit. I admit my mistake :)

Bunraku

Can you deny that implanting chips in your brains, and that for music (life saving!! :rolleyes:), is interfering with the natural anatomy of a human being?

Can you deny that there could be serious repercussions of how this could in some way be damaging to a person's health, perhaps even irreversibly?

Can you deny that it seems so unnecessary to meddle with the human body and for what - so Musk can boast about pioneering new tech again, but this time seriously unnecessarily and highly invasive?

Can you deny that this is just so Musk can make more money through Mus!k, meaning music, and at what cost?!! Ever invested a thought into that?

Again, watching too many movies. There are many things that “interfere” with “normal human anatomy” with obvious health concerns yet no one bats an eye.

The human body needs necessary “meddling” in order to survive. :smile:

If you disagree then never seek medical treatment. :lol:

Bunraku

Quite right if we were not asking questions about the prospect of chips being implanted into brains then it would be very worrying. To ask such questions doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, maybe just someone who cares about people.

Name one issue. One that doesn’t stem from sci-fi movies, of course. :joyful:

aquarius7000

Again, watching too many movies. There are many things that “interfere” with “normal human anatomy” with obvious health concerns yet no one bats an eye.

The human body needs necessary “meddling” in order to survive. :smile:

If you disagree then never seek medical treatment. :lol:
Perhaps you should watch less movies and then you might get less excited about yet another purposeful way to "interfere" with the normal human anatomy.

Since you do use the logic of "many things' already that interfere... we should have learnt from the drastic repercussions of those invasions/interferences upon the human body, and stay away from Musk and his need for greed instead of getting excited about it.:crying::crying:

Zeuses

Name one issue. One that doesn’t stem from sci-fi movies, of course. :joyful:
One issue! There is still a lot about the brain that we don't know about but you believe that planting chips in it is ethical and safe? I feel a little like this is a bit of a wind up really its so outlandish.

waybread

Actually waybread, now that you say that...
Perhaps you’re right :)
After reading and pondering on this comment:

Older people ARE more in tune with the higher spiritual powers that progress the world to a better place. With age comes wisdom. It was after all, older people as a demographic who supported trump and won him the presidency. :joyful:

This is because the Pluto in Leo generation had a profound connection with Leo Trump. They were able to see through the fake news with their penetrating minds and were able to discern the truth. The fake news media was simply just a fly that could have been swatted away by the older generations due to their intelligence and plutonian savvy to their president. The younger generations believe in false ideas that aren’t very practical (neptune and uranus). I was not giving old people enough credit. I admit my mistake :)

Now I know that you really are having a little joke at our expense.
LOL

Zeuses

Musk wants to eliminate driving by humans, and require that ALL vehicles be "driverless".

I've been pondering what the point is of driverless cars. Is it about gathering even more Information about us in terms of where we go on journeys? What happens if the computer goes haywire while you are in the car?

Zeuses

This man is now putting chips into the brains of monkeys for god sake. Why would he want to do that? What next?

sentR89day

Elon Musks has Saturn in Gemini. He struggles with communication issues! It's his 'karma.'
He also has a 3rd house stellium, according to some people, if we use his supposed Cancer rising.
So cars were a part of his destiny. 3rd house may be related to transportation also?

With his 3rd house stellium, and his Venus in Gemini, Saturn in Gemini, and Gemini ascendant. He may need to learn how to
communicate better.

Humanitarian

Elon Musks has Saturn in Gemini. He struggles with communication issues! It's his 'karma.'
He also has a 3rd house stellium, according to some people, if we use his supposed Cancer rising.
So cars were a part of his destiny. 3rd house may be related to transportation also?

With his 3rd house stellium, and his Venus in Gemini, Saturn in Gemini, and Gemini ascendant. He may need to learn how to
communicate better.
3rd house is related to vehicles that is familiar and near to you, such as cars, motorbikes, scooters and bicycles, so it's clear that Elon Musk love cars!