Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Horary Astrology

Horary Astrology Ask and answer any horary questions, and discuss theory and technique. Please post a chart of the time, date, and place you asked the question. Please do not ask the same question repeatedly, hoping for a different result: horary works best when you ask the question ONCE and then interpret the chart that results from when the question FIRST came into your mind. Horary forums are ONLY for discussion of horary charts and techniques.

Unread 11-10-2008, 12:41 AM

Obama's Birth Location

With all the rumors on the web disputing Obama's place of birth, I thought a horary chart on this question would be interesting. I searched astrologyweekly and cannot find such a question in the horary section; therefore, here is one: Is the rumor true that Barack Obama was not born in Hawaii? 9 November 2008, 11:34 am EST, Toledo, Ohio

Since I am not related to Obama, I assign him to the first house and will use William Lilly's method of delineating charts about rumors from Christian Astrology page 192, Roell edition. The ascendant ruler, Saturn, and the Moon are the significators

Looking at the chart first note that the Moon is void-of-course although it may have a little strength in Pisces. It is cadent in the 3rd house and in a mutable sign. The ascendant ruler is Saturn and that planet is cadent in the 9th house and in the mutable sign of Virgo. According to Lilly, if the ascendant ruler is cadent, the rumor is false even if the planet is otherwise strong.

The Moon is also cadent and VOC. Both significators lack essential dignity. If the angular houses or significators were in fixed signs, this could indicate a true rumor, but that is not the case here.

Another approach can be used since the rumors are adverse to Obama, "if either of the Fortunes be in the Ascendant, or the Moon unfortunate, it's a strong argument the Rumours are false, and that they will turn rather to good than evil:" page 194. In the chart Jupiter, one of the fortunes, is in the first house and the Moon is weak.

My own judgement then is that the rumors are false.

Unread 11-10-2008, 02:54 AM

Re: Obama's Birth Location

I don't know maybe it's me... but some how I think the question was asked incorrectly. "Is it true... something is false?" Something isn't clicking correctly. V/r LionKing
Unread 11-10-2008, 08:32 AM

The link tells me I do not have access to that page..
Unread 11-10-2008, 08:32 AM

http://www.regulus-astrology.com/obama_update.html

Interesting site.
Unread 11-10-2008, 08:49 AM

Oh my goodness you people. This is the second horary on the subject on this forum, and just as the prior horary, the moon is void of course. Obviously these are rumors and nothing more.

“Famous are those persons in whose Nativities the Moon receives the light of many Planets.”
—Cardanus.
Unread 11-10-2008, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra_divinington
Oh my goodness you people. This is the second horary on the subject on this forum, and just as the prior horary, the moon is void of course. Obviously these are rumors and nothing more.

LOL No, that means that nothing will come of it. Not that it is not fact! So, it may be true but never come out.
Unread 11-24-2008, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquariusT
LOL No, that means that nothing will come of it. Not that it is not fact! So, it may be true but never come out.
I never said void of course meant anything whether the rumor is true or not. Only the incidental thing this is the *second* horary that happened to be void of course.

And I fail to see proof that it is a fact,
there is also the saturn warning in the first house, which is a sign since it is the astrologer himself that they will be restricted from the true answer -- and bias may very well be the reason.

“Famous are those persons in whose Nativities the Moon receives the light of many Planets.”
—Cardanus.
Unread 01-07-2009, 08:28 PM

Hi Culpeper,

You may be familiar with Robert Hand, noted astrologer, widely published. I have studied under a student of his by the name of Joseph Crane. He has provided HIS students with this birth information for Barack Obama.

Friday, August 4, 1961 1:06 pm AHST, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA

If you try it, it may make sense to you. Hope so.

By the way, we did a horary on the Bailout a few months back that got pretty scrambled. I don't think I got back to you on that. I asked the question on Sept 29, 2008 at 4:11 pm (16:11) Amherst, MA, USA:

Will the "bailout plan" benefit the people, or just the top 1%, as Henry Paulson (a Bush derivative) had originally designed, when they finally craft one?

I'm pretty focused on the basics right now with Pluto pounding on me rather excessively. Delays in everything...

Best, EE

Tags
birth, location, obama