Let's Chat About Our Good Old Friend, Jupiter.

Julian

Banned
Q: What do you think of Jupiter?
Where is Jupiter located at on your natal chart?

:jupiter: is the planet of expansion, higher knowledge, luck, happiness, optimism, generosity, etc. It signifies where do we want to grow and judging by its aspects, how. It represents God and the divine. It also means how we formulate our own ideals. Jupiter always wants us to grow and become a better person. It also rules pets, presages of wealth and fortune.

All of this may sound really good, but don't overestimate the planet, since it also rules, when badly affected: excess, indulgence, irresponsibility.

So in my humble opinion, Jupiter does like a harmonic aspect from Saturn, or should I say, Jupiter aspecting Saturn, since the faster planet IS ALWAYS learning from the slower one.

Jupiter takes approximately 12 years to go around the zodiac. Since this isn't too much time relatively, you can consider in what sign your Jupiter is natally.

In my case, my Jupiter is located at :aries: (Aries) in its second decan, ruled by both the Sun (by exaltation and decan) and Mars (by rulership).

This gives Jupiter a very selfish purpose, being capable of realizing a handful of accomplishments but with a egoistical purpose. For example, a Jupiter in :sagittarius: (Sagittarius) would try to look at the higher picture of the entire human species (this is undoubtedly a bit exaggerated); ask himself "Why are the humans here and why do we even exist?" while an Arian Jupiter would just be looking for matters that relate to its own terms. For example, it'd be trying to do exercise to improve (Jupiter) its own physical capabilities (Aries).

Although don't forget has a very important impact on a persons chart (in my opinion) since what is in Aries is strictly comparable to the first house. Obviously not as important as the first house itself, since it is the personality itself, while Aries is just how we express our individuality (this is one of the reasons on why the Sun likes being in Aries)

Now on the houses it'd be good to have Jupiter are the first house, the ninth house, the fifth house (all the personal houses), the tenth and the eleventh. And even the second house if you're into wealth and stuff.

Jupiter would improve in this areas the following things:

-1st House (Ascendant): Your personality. Everybody would notice this part of your character.

-Fifth house: Your creativity and your children. Just to give an example, my own mother has Jupiter here. That should talk good about me, eh?

-Ninth house: Jupiter is in its own house. Pretty much it expands what Jupiter wants to expand.

-Tenth house: You're expansive, generous, lucky, self-confident, etc. in your job. This gives people the potential to reach a high social status.

-Eleventh house: You receive help from social groups. It is definitely easy for you to make friends. Traditionally speaking, this is the house of the good fortune. Pretty much explains itself. It also rules dreams and hopes! That may or may not mean your dreams will come true. That is why Jupiter has its joy here.

Now, Jupiter is especially fine in the 10th, 11th and 9th houses. This is because these houses are above the horizon, therefore concordant to Jupiter's masculine nature. From these three, the 9th and 11th houses are the best, since they're both masculine, whilst the 10th is femenine. A Jupiter in the tenth cannot be Hayz. Ever.

JUPITERASC

.............Q: What do you think of Jupiter?

Jupiter takes approximately 12 years to go around the zodiac.

Since this isn't too much time relatively
you can consider in what sign your Jupiter is natally..............
Relatively speaking then :smile:
one Jupiter orbit around the Sun, transiting each zodiac sign = 12 YEARS

in contrast:
one Mercury orbit around the Sun, transiting each zodiac sign = 88 DAYS
one Venus orbit around the Sun, transiting each zodiac sign = 225 DAYS

and so you have
during your own lifetime
experienced only one Jupiter return to its natal location

however

during those twelve years Jupiter needed to transit each zodiac sign of your natal chart,
you meanwhile experienced 49.77 Mercury Returns

and also

during those twelve years Jupiter took to transit each zodiac sign of your natal chart,
you meanwhile experienced 19.4 Venus Returns

Kalyxa

I also have Jupiter in Aries, conjunct my Venus and North Node in the fifth house. I consider it to be one of the lighter aspects of my chart that provides some balance to my heavier Mars/Saturn/Chiron opposition. It gives me a child-like enthusiasm for life and a strong drive for creative expression. Being able to put time aside to play, socialize and enjoy the simple pleasures in life every once in awhile is hugely important to me.

As far as sign placement goes, I see Jupiter in Aries as being a pioneer of new ideas, not afraid to take initiative where others might fear to tread. Beliefs and ideals are centred around concepts of self-reliance, courage, spontaneity, and originality. Jupiter in Aries has an ability to inspire others through leadership and innovation.

I agree that Saturn aspects (specifically conjunctions, trines and sextiles) can help to tame Jupiter's tendency toward overindulgence and carelessness. The harder aspects to Jupiter could indicate feeling like one's hopes and ideals are being suppressed or blocked somehow though. Or that one has to sacrifice their hopes and ideals in order to achieve a sense of security and control in their lives.

ukdesifem

Some things I've discovered is that:

- Jupiter transits tend to have similar events. this of course depends on the house, sign and aspects of the natal Jupiter.

- Jupiter transits usually yield good opportunities, some area of life.

My Jupiter is in Leo, and I've been enjoying this thus far given the current transit. Natally, this is conjunct Venus, the Sun, the Moon and Mercury, and I have been making more friends, being more out and about, embarking on new careers and making money, so it's been good.

As your Jupiter is in Aries, and Aries is a fellow Fire sign, you and Sags' would be having good vibes also.

JUPITERASC

JUPITER ~ Manners when well dignified:

'....Magnanimous, faithful, bashful, aspiring in an honourable way at high matters
in all actions a lover of fair dealing, desiring to benefit all men, doing glorious things,
honourable and religious, of sweet and affable conversation,
wonderfully indulgent to his wife and children, reverencing aged men, a great reliever of the poor, full of charity and godliness,
liberal, hating all sordid actions, just, wise, prudent, thankful, virtuous:
so that when you find Jupiter the lord of his Ascendant in a nativity, and well dignified,
you may judge him qualified as abovesaid......'

JUPITER ~ Manners when badly placed:
When Jupiter is unfortunate, then he wastes his patrimony,
suffers every one to cozen him, is hypocritically religious,
tenacious, and stiff in maintaining false tenets in religion;
he is ignorant, careless, nothing delightful in the love of his friends;
of a gross, dull capacity, schismatical,abasing himself in all companies, crouching and stooping where no necessity is
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/jupiter_att.html :smile:

CapAquaPis

Can someone explain what would happen if Jupiter falls in your 3rd house (like mine) or in the sign of Virgo? And what about Jupiter conjunctions with Mars and/or Saturn, or these 3 happen to meet in a stellium. And they all were in retrograde at the time of my birth: Feb. 15, 1980-sun/moon conjunction in Aquarius.

Flapjacks

Some things I've discovered is that:

- Jupiter transits tend to have similar events. this of course depends on the house, sign and aspects of the natal Jupiter.

- Jupiter transits usually yield good opportunities, some area of life.

My Jupiter is in Leo, and I've been enjoying this thus far given the current transit. Natally, this is conjunct Venus, the Sun, the Moon and Mercury, and I have been making more friends, being more out and about, embarking on new careers and making money, so it's been good.

As your Jupiter is in Aries, and Aries is a fellow Fire sign, you and Sags' would be having good vibes also.

I have Jupiter transit over IC in Leo. I was offered a job that has much more security from a competing company, headed by a man who is decidedly Leonine (only Leos can pull off complimenting both you and themselves in the same breath).

This job change forced me to relocate but I am happy for it. It was a marvelous opportunity that saved me from a miserable existence in the city. I am living in someone's very well maintained and recently renovated home with luxuries such as brand new fancy appliances to use. The kind of home I wish I could have for myself, and in a beautiful area. It is all very comfortable and I am blowing through money like never before because technically I am still living at my previous apartment, and for a while I was going between three residences. How is that for Jupiter expansion?

SirHorns

Jupiter in Libra is in my 6th house (Virgo).

*Crawls into the Accidental detriment corner*
At least I'll make an awesome boss with a colorful cast of juniors/servants/minions/workers...

-Looks at the aspects to Jupiter-
Nevermind.

Bradders

I'm a jupiter in libra. :p

Aslong as I'm apparently treating people fairly I'm ok lol. xD

That is NOT happening most of the time. :p Most likely due to a fire heavy chart.

All I can say is I don't think it has much of a dominance in my life, if anything I barely notice it: My Saturn and Pluto are dominant planets; among that I don't even believe in the word 'Luck', I believe you have to work for it; don't believe in any fatalism. xD

I can tell you I make friends alot, I can tell you people do get a reassured steadfastness and kindness from me; friends pop out of anywhere. I can lose them however as much due to probably the fire influences, but it has played out for so long and my mindset has become so accomodated about it.

I think I do have to be conscious most of the time of how I 'Seem' to others. I feel very guilty when I don't do my word; it'll nag at me all day, is this the karma?

xD

My jupiter happens to be in the 4th house, which probably like you, means I'm most happiest when I am at home with family. It's not ALWAYS been easy, but it has been so to speak, quiet, communicative and flowing, most of my life.