Body issues and the natal chart

MantisReligiosa

I read that Moon-Jupiter aspects -especially the hard ones- give a tendency to put on weight. I don't really get the psychology behind this, but from the few people whose charts I have looked at, I find this to be true.
I myself have an almost exact conjunction between the two, and have been overweight for most of my life(still am).
I never felt like I was eating too much, until I recently started counting calories, and realized that I normally ate around 3000 calories per day.
Indeed, I wasn't eating a lot, from the quantity point of view, but I was eating a lot of sweets which packed up at least 1000 calories daily.
I also know another girl from high school who has the conjunction and has also been overweight for most of her life.
Like me, she lost the weight a few times, and gained it back on.
In my experience, Jupiter-Moon hard aspects not only make you indulge, but make you over-indulge in food, to the point of easily becoming obese.
Right now I am about 65 lbs overweight, but have been even higher, at the young age of 22.

I also remember reading that Moon-Pluto contacts tend to bring eating disorders, or make it easy for people to lose weight. Supposedly, a lot of famous models have a Moon-Pluto aspect.
I wonder if this is due to the Moon-Pluto women's desire for success(beauty is still the biggest success factor for a woman) or their need to feel in control of their bodies, or both..
Again, I found this to be true from a few women I know. One of my closest and oldest friends has the square-the only major aspect her Moon makes- and although has never been anorexic, she always said she loves the skinny ideal, and has imposed a pretty stric diet on herself at times in order to keep her BMI at a just barely normal 19.
My older sister has a Moon-Jupiter square, a Moon-Pluto square, and a Moon-Mercury conjunction, and while she has also been overweight at times, she never got as fat as I did-at most, she had 30 extra lbs, but then, she seems to be able to drop the lbs just as easy as she gains them.

I also think Moon-Saturn aspects might make it easy for people to lose weight, because they understand having to work hard and taking "the pain" in order to achieve their goals.
I had a friend with the sextile, who after growing up being a relatively chubby kid, lost a lot of weight in her mid-teens and has managed to keep it off, since. She also adops pretty strict diets. She was a vegetarian for over a year, and now is an ovo-lacto-vegetarian.
She also exercises like crazy when she feels she's out of shape.

I also think that Moon aspects might say something about the body type you have. Not just in terms of weight, but general body shape, resistence etc..in women's chart, at least.
I actually have a Moon-Mars-Jupiter multiple conjunction, all square Mercury, and I am a short type, but pretty robust.
I'd be curious to know what kind of a body a Moon-Mars aspect gives..probably adds robustness.
Thoughts?

kennedyrosewhith

I think connected to the Moon is nourishment, be it emotional *or* dietary. Do you not feel better after you've eaten something particularly delicious? Well, I do, haha!

With Pluto can come an element of compulsion and a desire for control. Connected to the Moon, there may be a need to control nourishment, or an obsession with it. Or, even, an obsession with controlling it. I agree with you about Saturn. When I think of Moon-Saturn contacts, I imagine a cold, barren landscape. The need to have a lot generally does not exist, it can easily be the opposite. So yeah, cutting back comes more naturally, I think.

Feature

i have moon-jupiter conjunct in the 4th and i'm not over weight or an over eater, but i am a picky eater (i don't eat veggies; too bitter) and half asian. i think that has more to do with it than anything.

i know cancers are supposed to be one of the weight heavy signs but i've also read that sag risings tends to make people tall and thin. if that's the case then my asc overrides a lot of the "weight gain" aspects.

the only time my weight ever fluctuated was when i used to get super sick as a child. i had a heat stroke episode before too, where i couldnt stop throwing up - to the point that i was convulsing (i was in 3rd grade). not. fun. i lost something like 10 or 12 lbs within a a handful of days because of that. couldn't even keep water down. i hate throwing up because of that and always try to hold it down anytime i get sick. other than that my weight stays stable. doesn't really go up or down.

my moon is sextile mars in cap though and square my sag uranus. i do think of myself as physically robust though - not so much weight but as in energy. i'm active, love sports and physical activities, very much a tomboy. i apparently have a decent amount of tolerance to pain and i don't tire as quickly as some of my friends.

kennedyrosewhith

i know cancers are supposed to be one of the weight heavy signs but i've also read that sag risings tends to make people tall and thin. if that's the case then my asc overrides a lot of the "weight gain" aspects.

And Taurus Ascending can also indicate someone who is overweight. If not overweight, then sturdy-looking or heavy-set.

Pulling from my own chart, I have Taurus Ascending, Sun in Cancer, and Moon in Capricorn. I used to be 50lbs heavier, and could probably stand to lose another 50. The weight loss came with a bout of depression and loss of appetite, and the weight has stayed off now that I can handle my emotions better than before. I don't eat to make up for what I'm lacking, or to avoid what I can't or don't want to deal with. I still indulge, probably more than I should, but I'm pretty comfortable with where my weight is. If I change anything, it'll be my activity level before my diet. No way am I giving up sweets altogether! I don't think I'm meant to be particularly thin, anyway.

Choe

I read that Moon-Jupiter aspects -especially the hard ones- give a tendency to put on weight. I don't really get the psychology behind this, but from the few people whose charts I have looked at, I find this to be true.
I myself have an almost exact conjunction between the two, and have been overweight for most of my life(still am).
I never felt like I was eating too much, until I recently started counting calories, and realized that I normally ate around 3000 calories per day.
Indeed, I wasn't eating a lot, from the quantity point of view, but I was eating a lot of sweets which packed up at least 1000 calories daily.
I also know another girl from high school who has the conjunction and has also been overweight for most of her life.
In my experience, Jupiter-Moon hard aspects not only make you indulge, but make you over-indulge in food, to the point of easily becoming obese.
Right now I am about 65 lbs overweight, but have been even higher, at the young age of 22.

I also remember reading that Moon-Pluto contacts tend to bring eating disorders, or make it easy for people to lose weight. Supposedly, a lot of famous models have a Moon-Pluto aspect.
I wonder if this is due to the Moon-Pluto women's desire for success(beauty is still the biggest success factor for a woman) or their need to feel in control of their bodies, or both..
Again, I found this to be true from a few women I know. One of my closest and oldest friends has the square-the only major aspect her Moon makes- and although has never been anorexic, she always said she loves the skinny ideal, and has imposed a pretty stric diet on herself at times in order to keep her BMI at a just barely normal 19.
My older sister has a Moon-Jupiter square, a Moon-Pluto square, and a Moon-Mercury conjunction, and while she has also been overweight at times, she never got as fat as I did-at most, she had 30 extra lbs, but then, she seems to be able to drop the lbs just as easy as she gains them.

I also think Moon-Saturn aspects might make it easy for people to lose weight, because they understand having to work hard and taking "the pain" in order to achieve their goals.
I had a friend with the sextile, who after growing up being a relatively chubby kid, lost a lot of weight in her mid-teens and has managed to keep it off, since. She also adops pretty strict diets. She was a vegetarian for over a year, and now is an ovo-lacto-vegetarian.

I also think that Moon aspects might say something about the body type you have. Not just in terms of weight, but general body shape, resistence etc..in women's chart, at least.
I actually have a Moon-Mars-Jupiter multiple conjunction, all square Mercury, and I am a short type, but pretty robust.
I'd be curious to know what kind of a body a Moon-Mars aspect gives..probably adds robustness.
Thoughts?

My thoughts are that I completely agree with all that you said, and have just few things to add:

-Jupiter is over-indulgence(someone asked on another thread what are the bad sides of Jupiter: over indulgence of course)

-Moon is considered to rule food (that's why cancers are stereotypically said that like to eat)

-Venus rules sweets and chocolates,sugars,fruit.

Given all this,Jupiter in aspect to Moon could give over-eaters,but for sweets addiction and indulgence it's usually Venus in bad aspect with Jupiter.

@kennydirosewith
yes Taurus Asc is usually over-weight,though I know guy with that asc who is very slim,but he has Venus in Aquarius,with further disposition in Capricorn and staying there,so it really depends on that in which sign the ruler goes.

Last edited:

Claire19

Thoughts?
Moon Jupiter aspects are notorious for overweight and over eating. It can be a tendency inherited from the mother...Moon Pluto is about control through eating...It can also indicate health issues with digestion.
Mother may be overbearing or into starving etc...

Claire19

My thoughts are that I completely agree with all that you said, and have just few things to add:

-Jupiter is over-indulgence(someone asked on another thread what are the bad sides of Jupiter: over indulgence of course)

-Moon is considered to rule food (that's why cancers are stereotypically said that like to eat)

-Venus rules sweets and chocolates,sugars,fruit.

Given all this,Jupiter in aspect to Moon could give over-eaters,but for sweets addiction and indulgence it's usually Venus in bad aspect with Jupiter.

@kennydirosewith yes Taurus Asc is usually over-weight,though I know guy with that asc who is very slim,but he has Venus in Aquarius,with further disposition in Capricorn and staying there,so it really depends on that in which sign the ruler goes.
Venus does rule all the sweet stuff and in Libra I have chocolate every day and although Jupiter is in Libra too it doesnt aspect Venus. A Taurus Moon is also indicative of strong appetites for food especially sweet....The 1st house of body type and the 6th of food etc is nearly always involved..

You are right in that the rising sign ruler is very important and its aspects. Also the decan it is in.....Venus in Aquarius rather leans towards angular and tall more.... Capricorn is often thin and disciplined as well.

MantisReligiosa

My Moon might be in Taurus..although, according to my birth info, as recorded at the hospital, I'm a Gemini. Moon, Mars, and Jupiter, all in 0 degree Gemini.

I also have Venus in Pisces opposite Ascendant. Venus conjunct Sun, both trine Pluto, both opposite Ascendant.
Venus sextile a Saturn-Neptune conjunction in Cap, too.

Choe

My Moon might be in Taurus..although, according to my birth info, as recorded at the hospital, I'm a Gemini. Moon, Mars, and Jupiter, all in 0 degree Gemini.

I also have Venus in Pisces opposite Ascendant. Venus conjunct Sun, both trine Pluto, both opposite Ascendant.
Venus sextile a Saturn-Neptune conjunction in Cap, too.

Does Venus square Jupiter?

junejune

I have question! What about scars? When I was young, my skin is so sensitive. Mosquitoes are fond of sucking my blood. Lol. Now, I have all these dark scars on my legs :crying: Do I need to post my chart? :sad:

Our3Minds

I think it has to with the Signs we have for our personal Signs - the inner 6 - Sun, Moon, Venus, Mars, Mercury, ASC. Having one of the Sensitive Signs (Taurus & Cancer) anywhere in these six will make you more reactive to people and could show up as an emotional eater. There are many ways to look at this aspect of needing to "lick" our wounded minds. The Water and Earth Signs have the more reactive, female type responses so you would think they would have problems with their emotions. But Scorpio is too emotionally controlled to let anyone really bother them. Pisces tries to escape into itself in other ways. Cancer on the other hand wears their emotions on their sleeve and the way others treat them matters a lot to them. Capricorn can be large bodied if there are other female Signs in the person to make them more reactive and Taurus can definitely be an emotional eater based how life has so far been treating them - they can become insecure and overcautious around new environments. Virgo seems to have so much nervous energy that they can usually be slim and well built but it all depends on the mix of Signs one has in their personality.

By themselves Fire and Air (male) Signs don't seem to care enough about how others Feel towards them. In fact I would say these Signs are the ones that are causing many of the emotional problems that affect the female Signs.

Whether we like it or not these Male and Female differences do exist in us and as long as we can gain insight into what is happening to us we can somewhat rise above the reactiveness so prevalent with our "Female" Signs. Knowledge is very powerful.

our3minds.com

Attachments

• Combined.jpg
    Combined.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

junejune

I think it has to with the Signs we have for our personal Signs - the inner 6 - Sun, Moon, Venus, Mars, Mercury, ASC. Having one of the Sensitive Signs (Taurus & Cancer) anywhere in these six will make you more reactive to people and could show up as an emotional eater...

Wowwww. All my personal signs are female signs.
Sun - Cancer
Moon - Virgo
Venus - Taurus
Mars - Virgo
Mercury - Cancer
Ascendant - Capricorn

:surprised:

MantisReligiosa

By themselves Fire and Air (male) Signs don't seem to care enough about how others Feel towards them. In fact I would say these Signs are the ones that are causing many of the emotional problems that affect the female Signs.

lol..I don't know about all this.

I don't like generalizing based on just one aspect of one's chart.

I think that feminine Moons do tend to be more emotional, and more instinctive, so they react based on emotions more than the masculine Moons. But this is because masculine Moons usually ignore their emotions, unless they have a lot of feminine signs, in the rest of the chart.

Still, it's a gross generalization, and, like I started out with my initial post, I see aspects between planets to be more important, or, at least, equally important, to the signs/houses planets are in.

I feel like Taurus Moon describes me more than Gemini Moon, but that would mean that the nurse wrote down my time of birth 4 minutes later..it is possible, I suppose.

It also just describes my mother better than Gemini Moon..much better, in fact. The woman is an unshakeable rock...that's how I always perceived her. Definitely not a "social butterfly".
Plus, I also learned to enjoy food and the fine physical pleasures from her.

MantisReligiosa

I have question! What about scars? When I was young, my skin is so sensitive. Mosquitoes are fond of sucking my blood. Lol. Now, I have all these dark scars on my legs :crying: Do I need to post my chart? :sad:

Hi. I don't know about this..I have a lot of scars, as well, and I tend to scar easily...I would say this comes from having dry skin, so maybe Saturn/Capricorn influences to the Asc?
Just guessing.

Our3Minds

I think that feminine Moons do tend to be more emotional, and more instinctive, so they react based on emotions more than the masculine Moons. But this is because masculine Moons usually ignore their emotions, unless they have a lot of feminine signs, in the rest of the chart.

Exactly - but all it takes is one feminine Sign. I am male and I have a Gemini (male) Moon and I believe it is the Sensitivity of my Taurus Rising that has softened the responses of my emotions - I don't talk a lot like they say a Gemini should and even though I also have another male Sign (Aquarius Sun), I don't get along with macho men and their boldness. I prefer the softer more caring things in life. A man's man is usually too brash and insensitive to believe it's quite normal for some men to express their feelings. My Libra Sun brother is just one example.

our3minds.com

Attachments

• Combined.jpg
    Combined.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 23

MaeMae

Banned
Such a complex subject. Body Issues.
Impossible to narrow down other than scientific fact:
Metabolism and genetic body lredisposition.
I would look to Saturn and 6th house for metabolism indicators.
The angles for how comfortable/uncomfortable we are with our body.
Pluto aspects to moon for compulsive emotional feeding.
Uranus for dramatic nutritional practices
Jupiter for excessive eating.

my boyfriend is small by average standards. he is 5'5" and weighs 160#. He has less than 5% body fat. He can eat 2 6oz pieces of steak, 2 large servings of mashed potatoes w/butter & sour cream, 2 biscuits and a heap of broccoli, 16 oz. of milk at one sitting. Half hour later, he is ready for chocolate cake and ice cream or more milk.
He works out only once a week ~ muscle memory is refined and operating efficiently.
He has Mars/Uranus/Pluto in Virgo in 8th and Venus/Saturn conjunct (and opposite above) in 2nd.

He eats these types of meals at least 3 times daily, with snacks of fruit, cookies, chips and all kinds of twinkie~type~fats in between.
I once counted appx. a 5,000 calorie day for him. Almost 2# worth of weight gain for most people.
His metabolism is so refined, he burns calories when he sleeps.
Me? I am 5'6" and have no metabolism to speak of. I have weighed 160 at peak to 130 at absolute bare-bones and muscle. I have had to watch everything I eat, even during my most physically active stages of life. I overeat when anxious/lovelorn. When depressed, can go days without appetite. Have to force myself to eat. Moon-Pluto square and Jupiter/Saturn conjunct Cap in 6th.
Either I treat my body well or I trash it. No inbetweens for me, ever.

In cultures like Africa and Pacific Islands ~ probably other places that I don't know ~ a large (fat) woman is prime commodity. Implies opulence and goodness. In US and Europe, fat women are considered lazy and disgusting. General truths.
TBC......

No matter WHAT our genetically coded, environmentally decided body type is, 3 facts exist:

MantisReligiosa

Exactly - but all it takes is one feminine Sign. I am male and I have a Gemini (male) Moon and I believe it is the Sensitivity of my Taurus Rising that has softened the responses of my emotions - I don't talk a lot like they say a Gemini should and even though I also have another male Sign (Aquarius Sun), I don't get along with macho men and their boldness. I prefer the softer more caring things in life. A man's man is usually too brash and insensitive to believe it's quite normal for some men to express their feelings. My Libra Sun brother is just one example.

our3minds.com

You're saying your Libra Sun brother seems insensitive? Strange. Libras are usually nice.

I don't know about feminine signs. Capricorn and Scorpio, for instance, are considered to be probably the roughest and toughest signs of the zodiac, and they are "feminine"-which basically means introverted.

If I had to pick an adversary, I'd rather fight a Fire sign than a Scorpio or a Cap.
I grew up in a family which is heavy in Saturn and Pluto influences, and let me tell you, nothing is ever nice and easy with these people.
They may not throw tantrums or break out in a shouting match as easily as Fire signs, but when **** hits the fan, they blow up like atomic bombs, and unlike fire signs, don't have the idealism and faith in human nature to make them stop. They keep pushing until somebody is so battered up they can't get up.

And I think this actually goes for all feminine signs-being more sensitive, they are slower to react, but very resilient and ruthlessly vengeful.
Taurus makes no exception.

Taurus isn't named "Taurus" for nothing, you know. You usually get Ferdinand, the Bull, with them, but, on a bad day, they'll rampage like the bulls that head for the toreadors.

I am still going to stick to my Gemini Moon, because it's what my birth info says..either way, I have 3 planets on the Taurus/Gemini cusp(29 Taurus to 1 Gemini interval) which is a breed all on its own, which, according to descriptions I've read, mixes the Taurean sensuality and earthiness with Gemini curiosity and dexterity.