Everyone who's had transiting Saturn conjunct Natal Ascendant

Catatonia

Everyone who's ever had this transit please respond and tell us what it was like. Include any info you like because I'm happy to read it. I don't want to limit this so please tell me which sign your Ascendant is--and also--if there's something that started when Saturn first entered the sign of your Ascendant but wasn't yet on the exact point, share that also. Thanks!

Catatonia

I've had solar arc Saturn over my Asc last three years Aquarius and everything has been sooooo slow it's standstill time. Hard work yes, little reward. Not great time to start new projects all the typical saturnian transits going over Ascendant....

1991 T Saturn in Jan first started with my health and gynecological problems, in Nov when it went direct last time had major surgery, full hysterectomy. T Uranus conj N Node and Neptune were all in the 12th -- house of confinement. T Pluto was 1' off N Node in 10th

divine g

Banned
Saturn's transit over my Leo Ascendant was a bit scary. Since Leo stands out, for some reason, everywhere I went, it seemed like authority-figures were on top of me. Not fun.

BOOGY99

i have been so withdrawn since saturn entered virgo, crossed my virgo asc and is now in my 1st house.
i agree things seem so slow and i am waiting for some excitement:devil:

tanamarios

In my case , when Saturn crossed my ASC , my first thing that i experience is lack of energy . I was sleeping almost 12 to 14 hrs. And when awake , my stamina are very low. Also experience my personal approach are more serious than before.

wintersprite1

Premium Member
Saturn crossed my Ascendant in my early 30's. When it entered into Capricorn in the 12th... it hit my Sun, SN, Merc&Mars before getting to the Ascendant.... while in the 12th I had met a man, had both of his children, my father pass away... then when crossing the Ascendant I left the kids father, moved to my hometown, started a manufacturing representative business. I was pretty exhausted most of the time. My life revolved around work and the kids (and the xfiles... I lived for the show).

TK

Effie

Saturn has been transiting my virgo ascendant since 2007: these have been the most miserable, unrewarding, isolated, depressed years of my life! I cannot wait he gets the hell away from my ascendant!

Get ready for a lot of depression and misery!

I wish you all the best, and I mean it, because you will need as much good energy and as many best wishes from the universe right now.

Saturn has been transiting my virgo ascendant since 2007: these have been the most miserable, unrewarding, isolated, depressed years of my life! I cannot wait he gets the hell away from my ascendant!

Get ready for a lot of depression and misery!

I wish you all the best, and I mean it, because you will need as much good energy and as many best wishes from the universe right now.

Saturn 'cannot' transit your Asc for 'years' at most it's a few months. I suspect what you mean is --- it was transiting your 12th. Now all transits act as background influences, until they make a mathamatical aspect with another planet within your chart and IF it made contact with neptune then that would account for depression, as these two really don't get along.....

Transits
I use--- 1° approaching, 1° exact and 1° departing. If you click on the link listed below for the online ephemeris it will list all planets at any given time. Learning astrology is like learning a new ‘language’ and obviously the more effort you put into something the more your knowledge and understanding will increase. All transits act as ‘background’ influences through a house, until it makes a mathematical aspect to a planet inside or an Angle.

For 'timings' I would look to the retrograde hit as the most important trigger, then look to see what the quicker planets are doing especially mars & mercury --

Now it's more important to focus on transits from Jupiter to Pluto (poss mars as this is the ignition key)and these planets when aspecting something in your natal chart 'set off' the difficult or nice 'aspects - potential - problems' that your chart expresses. By that I mean if a benefic planet like Jupiter hits/touches/transits your venus, mars or uranus these could be experienced very pleasantly. BUT if your natal venus is afflicted, or badly aspected say conj saturn then jupiter will not has such a good effect. It all depends on how the natal planet is 'aspected'

For me I would say external 'events' must be seen by transits, progressions or Solar arcs to Angles ie: Asc/Desc & MC/IC most other times these events are 'internal, psychological matters as in between the ears'

Now astro.com uses a much wider orb, possibly something like 5° or even 10° that’s why when you use the free transit forecast service a transit goes on for months and months. BUT common sense should tell you when the transit is ‘exact’ then it’s at the strongest. Some astrologers swear by 1° approaching produces ‘events’ some say the 1° exact, some say 1° off for triggering events. I personally look to the exact and 1° off for ‘timings’ especially the retrograde hit (backwards hit)

Effie

yeah, it started by entering my 12 house, but I do have Saturn conjuncting ascendant and the last year natal Pluto too in the first, and it is about to conjunct Uranus POF and Juno in the first too. I know that it has been so long because I am monitoring the conjunctions on astro.com to see when he will start separating from both natal Pluto and ascendant. It has started separating and it will completely leave my ascendant in August. It can happen that Saturn can conjunct by applying and separating your ascendant for more than a year because it moves extremely slowly, it becomes retrograde in an extremely slow motion, when it becomes direct again it stations in some degrees for almost a week, etc. Bottom line, if Saturn hits your ascendant, get ready for about 2 years of misery. Maybe misery is felt more because it was in virgo this time which is a hypochodriac, miserable, nagging sign by nature (no offense to virgos out there).

Transiting Pluto is the one that is conjuncting natal Jupiter in the forth house, not transiting Jupiter natal Pluto. As I said, transiting Saturn is conjucting as we speak (since October until some time in the fall I think) my natal Pluto and it has been the period that I have literally been drained financially, but I am paying old mistakes, because I WAS careless with my finances in the past!

But in general, as the previous people said, this is usually a VERY slow period, where your life gets into a long stalemate, nothing happens, and you become sick of yourself and your suroundings. My experience.

LittleMiss

I've had a similar experience... Virgo ascendant - and I developed an eating dissorder when Saturn moved into virgo in 2007. (I have sun in 6th also... so it opposed my sun sometimes during that periode as well). But when it hit my ascendant I actually started to get better, althoug I'm not yet well... Needless to say it has been on one level the worst period in my life (I almost died) but it has also transformed me...
Looking forward to whats coming now that its in my 1st house...

Caro

Hi
Im scorpio asc at 8 degrees. saturn on my ascendant occurred around sept 1983 and then into 1984. I was at school studying. Moved from Olevels(qualificiations) to Alevels(the latter required for entrance to university at the time).

I definitely become a more independent person around this time. started to go out socially with friends also started to have a parttime job in my school holidays. Started to save money. I was definitely becoming more adult Made a number of new friends some of which are friends to this day. However while some of my friends may have gone of f the rails at this point . remember im 16/17 (some got pregnant /left school although had ability)
I think this was quite a sobering inflluence I didnt take any drugs(again some of my friends did) . I remember realising that I would have to work hard to get to what i wanted in life.
Also I remember that I was always considered the mature one out of my close knit of friends - I also looked older which at the time I lilked :- ) :biggrin:

I could get served alcohol and yes I know I was underage but hey this goes on. None of my friends could. :biggrin:
saturn in my 12th house obviously occured before this and again I really got down to hard graft of studying and did much better than expected at exams.
the saturn transit to my ascendant is actually coming up again soon in a few years! however this time around I hope that it is not going to age me but I guess I am already feeling like Im out of touch with generation in their twenties.

R4VEN

Interesting question, and very interesting answers.

Due to my advanced age :)w00t::w00t:) I have had Saturn cross my Capricorn Asc twice during my lifetime.

The first time this happened I was 12, and Saturn was right on my Asc - degrees and minutes - on the very day my family moved farms, from a nice farm with nice new house to a dust-bowl in the bush. As you can tell, I was not at all happy about this, as the new farm was isolated, hot and dusty, and the people seemed like real hicks to me - at first, that is. (I pretty soon got over my displeasure, as there seemed to be a lot of boys of my age in this new area, but it was quite a hard life all the same.)

The second time occurred during another very dramatic time in my life when I eventually came to terms with having to send my oldest son - then 16 - back to live with his father, as he was a real nightmare (the kid, not the father). The time when Saturn was tr Capricorn my son was abominable - police, drugs, you name it - but I plugged on, thinking I could handle it. (For me, Cap Rising has been a lot to do with being seen to be able to cope with anything, which in reality can end up being very self-denying - something we Cap Risings do so well!!)

Kenoshamaensa

I have an interesting story on Saturn crossing my early-degree Pisces ascendant. I was born with Saturn just a few degrees above my ascendant anyway (2.19 Pisces Asc, 29.33 Aquarius), so I'd just had my Saturn return. I broke my ankle! Fell on early spring ice and snapped it cleanly. Bones (Saturn), feet/ankles (Pisces) and my physical self (Ascendant). An almost amusingly literal expression of it!

Wasn't terribly fun having it in my 1st house, although it did allow me to (1) lose weight, and (2) get through my comps and orals successfully.

hallo guys,

tr Saturn hit my ASC on 1st Capricorn degree in 1988. Self-doubt in one word was the result of this influence on the first house of the Self. I was a teenager then, around 15 years old and I catched my first personality complex.

I was a prude teenager without any social networking but I enjoyed it. My parents though started being anxious about my introversion and made me feel that I was antisocial and that something was wrong with me!! Their doubts about my attitude turned into self doubts about who I was and if I was a normal kid!... Before that I was very satisfied about myself, but after my parents' concerns and doubts I started to feel uncomfortable about me.

So, I was forcing myself to get more social and to multiply my friendships. In other words I forced myself to become someone I was not. All this was continuing for the time Saturn transited my 1st house, that is for a couple of years. And of course it seemed to be very painful and damaging for me. Not only because I was pretending to be extremely social (so as to satisfy my parents' demands) but also because I forced myself to associate with all kinds of wrong and unsuitable people in order to look the social kid my parents wanted me to be!...

(words in BOLDS express saturn influences)

Last edited:

RoRoM

I had this transit when I was around 12 - over my Scorpio Ascendant. Like many, I lost weight. I was introspective. I also had an eating disorder - sort of the anorexia/bulimia combo platter. I was into darkness - dark clothing, Ouaija boards, tarot, dark lighting, black make up, people from the 'wrong side of the tracks', etc. I loved staying in my room. I was in my own world much of the time.
Sure, I am curious how this transit will affect me, many years later. I expect I'll have it again in about a year, when I am 41.
One cool thing is that my popularity surged, my "career" took off. That's what I notice about Saturn transits - no matter how difficult, if we work hard, they seem to reward us with some kind of status in the areas where we are most talented. For me it's always been singing.
I was born with Venus square Saturn and Saturn in the 7th...it will cross my moon in Libra before it hits my Ascendant. I expect to feel the depths of it very soon. I also just had Saturn conj my natal Pluto. Tough, tough transit, along with that Saturn in Virgo opposing my Sun in Pisces.
But you know what? It always makes us stronger.
I think that if we learn how to "dance with Saturn" as astrologers have put it, we can make our lives amazing.
My advice is to care for your health. I have been doing a lot of yoga and swimming, and through intense exercise I am dealing with the intense energies that are coming through right now.
Blessings to all!

R4VEN

I think that if we learn how to "dance with Saturn" as astrologers have put it, we can make our lives amazing.
That is a really good line, RoRoM.

Having spent until my late 40's fearing Saturn, or denying it, or trying to hide from it (which is impossible!) I can honestly say that in the Grand Scheme Of Things, Saturn has our best interests at heart. It is always trying to push us to being the best we can be - which is why Saturn transits are often accompanied by such difficult lessons and experiences.

dhundhun

Well in Vedic System Saturn symbolizes "TAPASYA" literal meaning burning-off.

It means penace done for mistakes.
It means meditation for enlighnment, health, etc.
It means spiritual suffering, mortification and austerity.
It is related to meditation, fasting, yoga, etc.
It means self-disclipling,concentration, abstaining from pleasures, sex, etc.

Symbolically,

A TAPASWI (male) looks like wreched, miserable, poor, etc.
A TAPASWANI (female) also looks similar, wreched, miserable, poor, etc.

"Alexender the Great" noted people doing TAPASYA to be happiest. No other planet can give more happiness and satisfaction than Saturn. The fact is those who are Saturn, knows to enjoy and dance with Saturn.

Wiki about TAPASYA: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tapas_(Sanskrit)

Last edited:

queenfluff

Scorpio Ascendent - Saturn was in Taurus when I was born, 1969. So, 1982 to 1985 is when Saturn would have been in Scorpio last. Geez, so like puberty. :)

That really seems to fit - awkward teenage phase. Just about to enter high school - zits etc... hahaha. I can't remember anything too particular that stands out though. I mean, the age of 12 or 13 is always kind of awkward and messy. Oh,wait, I got braces in 8th grade - that would be 1982 - Yep, that was definately it - ***** with my appearance! Thanks Saturn!:tongue:

At least the music was good back than.. :)

Nexus7

I 'had it' round about the age of 27 and took on a temporary job that turned out to be in large part a waste of time - but nevertheless having to abide by what seemed to be a lot of petty rules, whilst the supervisor was something of a little dictator.

In the end I was actually given some decent projects to do after I complained about the 'micky mouse' aspects of what I was being expected to do. All the same, the pettiness irritated me, a lot.

byjove

Account Closed
Did anyone experience a taking on of a weight, responsibility or burden? All of the professional interpretations I find say yes, and here no...I haven't seen anyone using those words in that sense.

Would natal aspects to the Sun via Saturn change how an individual views/experiences the transit? I've Sun trine Saturn natally (exact) and I think that may be blurring my perception of the transits, not to mention the experience.

But I have read an astrologer recently saying that less and less astrologers think there there is any 'easy' Saturn aspect at all.

Would TR Saturn conjunct the AC reflect a finanical burden or responsibility taken on? At my current time of birth, I cannot understand TR Saturn's path at all...it doesn't hit the right houses at the right time. But if I play with the time a little, I could see the financial responsibility taken on a few years ago if I put TR Saturn on the AC.