Is it true traditional astrologers exclude modern planets?

david starling

Tree analogy tweaking continued
The Ancient Traditional Tree of Astrology is rooted in the concept of LIGHT
:smile:
i.e.
The seven visible classical visible planets

WAS rooted in the concept of light. Another useful correlation to the Tropical Age of Sagittarius (c.1350 B.C.-400 A.D. Foreground/ 400A.D.-2150A.D. Background). Notice that for the Ancient Greco-Roman culture, the ruler of Sagittarius, Zeus/Jupiter, was "King of of the gods", even though the Sun is brightest--Apropos of Sagittarius as the sign of Vision. The greatest Ancient Philosophers were of that Age as well.

david starling

i.e.
The seven visible classical visible planets

IS and REMAINS rooted in the concept of light :smile:

The ancient Tree has been replaced by the modern. As Oddity pointed out, we're ALL modern-day Astrologers now. On the Traditional BRANCH of the present-day Astrological Tree, the ability to see the planets without modern technology is a vital factor, whereas on other branches it's not. Remember, what's now known as "Modern Astrology" PRECEDED what's NOW known as "Traditional Astrology", after the ancient Tree withered away. Yet, some Traditional Astrologers persist in declaring their own restorative branch as the ONLY "True" version of PRESENT-DAY Astrology. The branch of Restorative Traditionalism is a valuable addition to the present-day Tree, not the only branch. However, if it's enjoyable to BELIEVE it's the only branch, no harm done to the entirety of the present-day Tree itself. :happy:

Michael

aquarius7000 said:
To add to Oddity's valuable info., there is a certain definitive reasoning as to why Jupiter rules both Sag and Pisces, or Mars both Aries and Scorpio. If one would dig a bit into the traditional treasures and read up a bit on humors, elements... one would understand that and also be able to explain it further. There is a reason as to why they are called personals.
Now I would like someone to enlighten me with a solid reasoning as to why Uranus should rule Aquarius!?! And please not the kind that Just because a telescope was invented, which then helped to see/discover Uranus, or because it is modern to try new things/planets out (which technically is not wrong, but only when they make sense.)

Yes, I believe the traditional Ptolemaian system is better thought out. Simple is better.

aquarius7000 said:
The only time I have seen the impersonal/outer planets work is perhaps when they come in contact with inner planetary aspects existing within the natal chart. However, Astrology, whether natal-general or predictive, horary... any branch, can be substantially practiced without the others. Just calling a spade a spade, not trying offend anyone here.

Good point. Unfortunately, they are also a distraction. And have served to weaken and promote misunderstanding of the traditional system.

aquarius7000 said:
And, Dirius, excellent point about how modern Astrology when practiced hardly ever gives any real prediction, and then the excuse often used is that Astrology shouldn’t be fatalistic, when actually it should be that astrologers should not be fatalistic when advising their clients. They should know how to get the message across.

Patrice Guinard of CURA says so called prediction is "the Circe of astrology". Meaning it's a dead end. It's a good topic for debate.

Last edited:

Michael

JUPITERASC said:
i.e. The seven visible classical visible planets

Modern tropical astrology casts some shadow upon this concept. There is a lack of correspondence with the rising constellation and the sign on the ascendant. Sidereal astrology could help improve this, but ultimately we need something like Rumen Kolev's astrological project. It involves learning to do astrology with our eyes on the sky.

Last edited:

Michael

JUPITERASC said:
Modernist astrologers remain dependent on Ancient Traditional technique

More precisely, Modern astrologers are also inheritors of Ptolemy and the traditions of ancient Arab and Hellenistic astrology.

david starling

When did this happen, David? I don't recall any earth-shattering discoveries that created a new astrology. Just a guy desperate to avoid going to prison rewriting astrology to make it toothless.

Why the cutoff at 1700 A.D.? And, who's this guy? Also, why the need to RESTORE ancient Astrological preceptions if they never became lost in their original context?

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

There is a lack of correspondence with the rising constellation and the sign on the ascendant.
Sidereal astrology could help improve this, but ultimately
we need something like Rumen Kolev's astrological project.
It involves learning to do astrology with out eyes on the sky.
Provide evidence of "Rumen Kolevs astrological project that allegedly disregards the sky" :smile:

david starling

Modern tropical astrology casts some shadow upon this concept. There is a lack of correspondence with the rising constellation and the sign on the ascendant. Sidereal astrology could help improve this, but ultimately we need something like Rumen Kolev's astrological project. It involves learning to do astrology with out eyes on the sky.

Sounds like a new branch which can provide new information.

Michael

JUPITERASC said:
Provide evidence of "Rumen Kolevs astrological project that allegedly disregards the sky" :smile:

Provide evidence you know how to read. I said he has a good project to learn to watch the skies. The only one I know that does this.

david starling

Hilarious claim :smile:

Modernist astrologers remain dependent on Ancient Traditional technique

Laugh at the facts then. ALL Astrology relies on the Past, going all the way back to Ancient Sumeria. Ancient Traditional Astrology as ONCE PRACTICED in the Hellenistic and Arabic past was RESTORED by Modern Astrologers in the West, but is only one branch. In this Community of mostly Modern Astrologers, it requires its own section to avoid clashes with the other branches. Each Forum is like a branch on the present-day Tree of Astrology.

Michael

Sometimes I lack a sense of humour, but remember they were the creators of the Zodiac you (mis)use and most importantly they didn't do armchair astrology. Most astrologers today belong to that class.

No one is doing bare eyes' astrology anymore. So it's not difficult to understand why tropical astrology is "traditional" for them.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Provide evidence you know how to read.
I said he has a good project to learn to watch the skies.
The only one I know that does this.
the evidence is that you made a spelling error
I quoted your post and your original spelling error
which you have now corrected
however
I reacted to the spelling error BEFORE you corrected it

There is a lack of correspondence with the rising constellation and the sign on the ascendant.
Sidereal astrology could help improve this, but ultimately
we need something like Rumen Kolev's astrological project.
It involves learning to do astrology with out eyes on the sky.
Obviously then I responded as follows :smile:

Provide evidence of "Rumen Kolevs astrological project that allegedly disregards the sky"
you corrected your spelling error AFTER I made that comment