Air signs VS water signs (few questions)

diamondbaby

Are air signs OR water signs...

1. more likely to be a procrastinator?
2. more likely to get married young?
3. more likely to be interested in the film criticism (and film industry in general)?
4. more likely to be interested in skin care (esthetics) and makeup?
5. more likely to be overweight?
6. more likely to wear no makeup?
7. more likely to be antisocial?
8. more likely to eat unhealthy?
9. more likely to be a night owl?
10. more likely to look androgyneous?
11. more likely to use social media?
12. more likely to be interested in astrology?
13. more likely to have fertility problems?

Thanks for answering! :wink:

grace30

1. Most likely to be a procrastinator?
Water. Air signs can be "all talk, no action" people, but water signs are more likely to procrastinate due to self-doubt or contentedness with familiarity.

2. Most likely to get married young?
Water. Air signs are more in love with the concept of love than they are with the reality of it. Air signs tend to struggle with commitment.

3. More likely to be interested in the film criticism (and film industry in general)?
Air.

4. More likely to be interested in skin care (aesthetics) and makeup?
Air, but specifically Libra.

5. More likely to be overweight?
Water. More likely to become emotionally downtrodden, therefore more likely to overeat or indulge and thus more likely to become overweight. Air signs are more detached, and Libra at least is very concerned with appearance.

6. More likely to wear no makeup?
No idea.

7. More likely to be antisocial?
Water. Air signs are the communicators of the zodiac. They thrive off interaction with others.

8. More likely to eat unhealthy?
No idea. I'd lean more towards water for the reasons I gave above about weight. But I'm an air sign and am a huge chocoholic, so.

9. More likely to be a night owl?
Both.

10. More likely to look androgynous?
Air, particularly Aquarius.

11. More likely to use social media?
Air - the communicators.

12. More likely to be interested in astrology?
Water, definitely.

13. More likely to have fertility problems?
Wouldn't have a clue.

My chart is primarily air and fire, so I tend to clash with water-dominant people a lot, but I tried to be as unbiased as possible in this answer. There are some things that are probably drawing heavily on stereotypes, too. But there are some things I genuinely have no idea about. :)

CapAquaPis

I can answer #6 and #13. Water signs are more vain and has feminine attributes (makeup... thinks of Cancer for pretty, Scorpio for sexy) :wink: and Air signs are less fertile than Water signs representing pregnancy, maternity and sexuality. #9 for moon-ruled Cancer and maybe Aquarius. And #12 also applies for Aquarius, yet they're more scientific or logical in approach to astrology...without astronomy, we won't have horoscopes.

Someone said stereotypes? Are we stereotyping groups of people? :devil: I thought they're no longer socially "acceptable" nowadays. :tongue: That's from my Aquarius sun/moon conjunction. I'm also a Cancer rising (my air-water combination). I find air signs (esp. Aquarius) are more likely to have kinks and sex fetishes (Don't go there!), and if our partners have a water sign, they will be understanding. I know my wife will LOVE being pregnant by me.

CapAquaPis

I think Earth signs (Virgo, for sure) are most likely to have fetishes. :biggrin:

Would this be indicated in planetary conjunctions in earth signs like Virgo? My Jupiter/Mars/Saturn conjunction in Virgo-3rd house combined with my Sun/Moon conjunction in Aquarius-8th. Planets Mercury and Uranus are about the weird, bizarre, oddities and unconventional. To have a sexual fetish attraction is an example of strong Mercurian or Uranian influences in their charts. My Uranus in Scorpio and Mercury in Pisces, both in water signs and my ascendant is in 17' Cancer.

Pokerlulz

1. more likely to be a procrastinator?
Both can be terrible but for different reasons. Water- doubt, Air- indecisiveness

Water.

3. more likely to be interested in the film criticism (and film industry in general)?
Both have an equal chance I suppose... though I think their style of criticism and preference for movies will be different. Water will gravitate towards melodramas while Air will prefer science fiction.

4. more likely to be interested in skin care (aesthetics) and makeup?
Water, definitely. Most of the very feminine girls I know have water sun signs, and just the opposite for air.:whistling:

5. more likely to be overweight?
Well that depends on their lifestlye, not their birthday ;)

6. more likely to wear no makeup?
Water (same as 4)

7. more likely to be antisocial?
Air signs love to communicate- either in real life, or online if they are shy to talk. Water.

8. more likely to eat unhealthy?
Same.

9. more likely to be a night owl?
Both can be night owls I think.

10. more likely to look androgyneous?
Air.

11. more likely to use social media?
Air signs for twitter and reddit, Water signs for tumblr and facebook

12. more likely to be interested in astrology?
Water signs are supposedly more intuitive so they might be drawn to astrology. However Air signs may also be interested because astrology gives a physical term/explanation for certain traits/feelings of theirs that they can't get hold of.

13. more likely to have fertility problems?
I don't think this will be highly impacted by element dominance.

JUPITERASC

Water.
That's not necessarily so :smile:
there are other considerations
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49297
for example
female Air Signs AND Water Signs:

In Women's chart the Sun is of great importance.

According to Ptolemy we seek to find the Sun in the two Oriental Quadrants: from AC to MC, and from DC to IC,
because this signifies that the woman will be married in her youth
and that she will take young man in her older years,
but not an older husband.

But when the Sun is in the Occidental quadrants (from AC to IC, and from DC to MC),
then her marriage is delayed or in youth she will take older man.

If the Sun is from the beginning of Aries till the middle of Taurus,
or from the middle of Leo all the way to the end of Virgo,
or from the beginning of Libra all the way to the middle of Scorpio,
or from the middle of Aquarius till the end of Pisces, and the significator (In women's chart this is the Lord or Almuten of the 7th house) is Occidental,
she will marry in old age
or with an older man

If the significator is under the Sun's beams, it signifies that she has no marriage.

If the Sun is in fixed sign signifies that she will be married to one man only.
But if in that sign there is Oriental planet, you will judge that the man will be young or that she will marry another one after that.
If the planet is Occidental, then he will be older.

If the Sun is in mutable sign she will have two husbands.
If the Sun is in cardinal sign she will have many men.

15hsvn.png

This is the chart of Jennifer Aniston.
She was very publicly married with Brad Pit and had numerous broken relationships after that.
Her Sun is in fixed sign, so she married once.
The problem is that this Sun is afflicted from the Lord of the 7th and the Sun itself is Almuten of the 7th. This is (and other testimonies) what brought divorce.

Jennifer was 31 years old when she married Brad, so not so young. Brad was 36, a little bit older then her.
Sun is in the Oriental Quarter, but from the Middle of Aquarius till the End of Pisces which testifies that the she will take older man and in her older years (older from Medieval viewpoint).
With the Sun in the same sign there is occidental planet, which again testifies about older man and marriage in older years.

waybread

Sorry, diamondbaby, but this pop astrology has no basis in real horoscope interpretation. It might be a fun topic for a "general chat" but there is no way you could read a chart this way.