help me embrace my venus?

hwat

hello everyone, i have venus in 4 degrees pisces, forming a 3 degree square with my sag ascendant and a pretty loose 8 degree square with my 27 degrees taurus mars. i am wondering if it has anything to do with being in the aquarius owned third house? i'm highly independent when it comes to relationships, i get by on my own just fine and it's usually the furthest thing from my mind. i place equal importance on beauty, intellect, and emotional wavelength, and it has achieved for me two short relationships ever, where i was the one to completely lose interest overnight each time. so what better place to find the answers than the stars? :wink:

i'm looking for some help trying to figure out why i am this way, and i'm thinking the answer lies in my understanding of my own venus. also would be thrilled to have any other interpretations you might have to offer. :happy:

one more thing: i don't know much about critical degrees but from what i understand 4 degrees pisces is one. i'd love to hear more about it, especially sources that aren't the first few pages of a google search! looking for insight as to what the 4th degree of pisces means, only seem to find information about the 29th degree

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_anonymous.12242.8068.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_anonymous.12242.8068.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
I know nothing about critical degrees, but looking at your Venus, I see this: it's unaspected except for a square to your AC/DC. Unaspected planets are, from what I hear, pretty strong in and of themselves. And you have it in the third house, which is linked with Gemini, which shapes your seventh house. Gemini and the third house are both very impulsive. In the arena of relationships, Gemini might want to relate to as many people as possible, take in everything about them... as you say, give equal weight to beauty, intellect, and emotional wavelength. The flip side of that Gemini/third house style of relating is a tendency to quickly lose interest once the basic communication has happened and move on to the next thing.

On top of that, your whole chart looks very independent and impulsive. Your sun, moon, and rising signs alone are very independent signs. Add two very individualistic planets--Saturn and Uranus--to the ego-forming first house in free spirited Sagittarius, and put chart ruling Jupiter conjunct the sun in impulsive Aries, and indeed, you've got plenty of independence and impulsivity there. On top of that, Aries shapes your fifth house, which is another relationship house, mainly about friendships and short term relationships while the seventh house addresses partnership.

If you want to have a long-lasting relationship, you'll need it to be one that provides you with plenty of stimulation and room for independence. And if you're fine with how things are and just curious why that's so, then those chart factors help explain it.

hwat

i've never put all of those things together and realized that theme before, thank you!i definitely feel the gemini/3rd house influence a lot more than pisces, though i still feel the pisces vibe. what do you think about my mars being so close to my descendant? does that give it a libra feel?

i'm definitely able to deal with everything, though i won't deny that i find my dream girl in girls i can't have and brood about it from time to time. i understand the facts and circumstances that surround the reasons they are unattainable and instead of lowering my standards and pretending i like someone more than i do, i am lucky to be perfectly content to be alone.

Kalyxa

hello everyone, i have venus in 4 degrees pisces, forming a 3 degree square with my sag ascendant and a pretty loose 8 degree square with my 27 degrees taurus mars. i am wondering if it has anything to do with being in the aquarius owned third house? i'm highly independent when it comes to relationships, i get by on my own just fine and it's usually the furthest thing from my mind. i place equal importance on beauty, intellect, and emotional wavelength, and it has achieved for me two short relationships ever, where i was the one to completely lose interest overnight each time.

I'm thinking that the sense of independence you feel is more likely coming from your prominent Aries placements. Especially with your Sun conjunct the North Node in Aries, you're going to feel a strong pull toward developing and maintaining a sense of individuality in this life, as opposed to merging with another person in a relationship and sacrificing your sense of identity (Libra South Node). Aries is a sign that tends to get bored easily when the excitement of a new endeavour dies down. Perhaps focus on trying to find ways to keep your interest in another person exciting and fresh, as difficult as it may seem.

i can really work my venus in pisces if i'm only working in self interest, because i'm just doing what i know is desired from the other person in order to get what i want. so what better place to find the answers than the stars? :wink:

What is it that you really want from a relationship though? I feel like part of the lesson with having an Aries North Node/Libra South Node is learning to stay true to yourself and not modify who you are (or appear to be) in order to please others, and learning how to be in relationships with others without feeling like you have to put your identity and personal needs aside in order to make the relationship work.

hwat

hwat

I'm thinking that the sense of independence you feel is more likely coming from your prominent Aries placements. Especially with your Sun conjunct the North Node in Aries, you're going to feel a strong pull toward developing and maintaining a sense of individuality in this life, as opposed to merging with another person in a relationship and sacrificing your sense of identity (Libra South Node). Aries is a sign that tends to get bored easily when the excitement of a new endeavour dies down. Perhaps focus on trying to find ways to keep your interest in another person exciting and fresh, as difficult as it may seem.

What is it that you really want from a relationship though? I feel like part of the lesson with having an Aries North Node/Libra South Node is learning to stay true to yourself and not modify who you are (or appear to be) in order to please others, and learning how to be in relationships with others without feeling like you have to put your identity and personal needs aside in order to make the relationship work.
that second part i actually edited out because i didnt really express it right once i went back and reread it a couple of times! but i don't really know, i don't plan on having kids and i already own a house, i think the only thing i want is like a best friend that isn't quite an open relationship, but is understanding and not so jealous about flirting.

JUPITERASC

hello everyone, i have venus in 4 degrees pisces, forming a 3 degree square with my sag ascendant and a pretty loose 8 degree square with my 27 degrees taurus mars. i am wondering if it has anything to do with being in the aquarius owned third house? i'm highly independent when it comes to relationships, i get by on my own just fine and it's usually the furthest thing from my mind. i place equal importance on beauty, intellect, and emotional wavelength, and it has achieved for me two short relationships ever, where i was the one to completely lose interest overnight each time. so what better place to find the answers than the stars? :wink:

i'm looking for some help trying to figure out why i am this way, and i'm thinking the answer lies in my understanding of my own venus. also would be thrilled to have any other interpretations you might have to offer. :happy:

one more thing: i don't know much about critical degrees but from what i understand 4 degrees pisces is one. i'd love to hear more about it, especially sources that aren't the first few pages of a google search! looking for insight as to what the 4th degree of pisces means, only seem to find information about the 29th degree
DELINEATING NATAL CHART guidance thread http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48463

The following table shows that
4 degrees Pisces = domicile of Jupiter and exaltation of Venus :smile:
the triplicity of Mars
the Terms of Venus
the Face of Saturn
and
the detriment and fall of Mercury

dignities2.gif

HOW TO READ THIS TABLE http://www.skyscript.co.uk/essential_dignities.html

Abby83

You don't have good north node aspects. People with good nodal aspects find it easier to reach their life's purpose than those who don't. You would have good relationships in the workplace. This chart shows the need to be selfish which is typical with north node aries. North node here or in 1st house is about being independent as others have said but it's not so much about the 'other.' Ive known a few north node aries people. Tried having a relationship with one for years but she could never bring herself to understand what an actual 'relationship' requires, in that it is both ways. I personally don't think relationships are for you. And if you do find yourself chasing unattainable women, it really is just a typical Arian ego boost. Not good for relationships but then again I don't think u are destined to do relationships in this life.

Kalyxa

that second part i actually edited out because i didnt really express it right once i went back and reread it a couple of times! but i don't really know, i don't plan on having kids and i already own a house, i think the only thing i want is like a best friend that isn't quite an open relationship, but is understanding and not so jealous about flirting.

I think you would be most happy in a relationship with someone who can respect your need for independence and won't smother you too much or be overly needy. Just make sure that you are very clear with others about what your needs are when it comes to relationships. Don't feel like you have to present yourself according to what you think they want you to be. It's not really fair to the other person and it's not good for you in the long run because you aren't being true to yourself. In regards to being attracted to women that are unavailable, this is a classic Venus in Pisces trait.

Personally, I think that you have a great North Node placement. It's conjunct both your Sun and Jupiter which indicates your core personality and your beliefs/ideals are in sync with your life path, or what you aspire towards in this lifetime. Selfishness is a potential negative manifestation of Arian energy, but maintaining awareness of how you affect others in your quest for self-discovery can help you to avoid this sort of behaviour. Having a desire for a relationship with another person is a completely normal experience, regardless of what sort of astrological placements you have. For you in particular though, a relationship should never compromise your sense of identity.

Venus in the III house:

Venus expresses her characteristics through the 3rd House values. It is important that, based on the way you relate to the world, you learn to control your moods. Communication is not a mere exchange of information, but above all, an affective adventure and a field of experience for your natural likes and dislikes. You never make a judgement on a person, an idea, or a concept. You feel them, and you deem them nice or bad, in line with your sensitivity or not. Your heart has the final word.

4% of Pisces interpretation:

Sociable, fickle, and sincere character. There is an overwhelming need to be understood and appreciated by the numerous friends one attracts. Success can be achieved in all occupations requiring good oratorical and negotiating skills, for instance in education, mediation, television, etc. One must think thoroughly before getting involved in any serious partnership because the first moments of exhilaration might be followed by disenchantment and bitterness.
N.B.: symbolic degrees belong to a branch of fatalistic astrology. Their interpretation must be regarded with the utmost caution, especially given the fact that different authors give different meanings to symbolic degrees. This is the reason why they are not included in our Astrotheme reports.

This is good especially since this particular degree is in your 3rd house (house of communication)

Venus in III

Likes everything that is beautiful, likes decorum. Outstanding intelligence. He may work in a trade linked to beauty, fashion. Numerous select friends.

You are verbally expressive, diplomatic, and aim to be tactful. You easily win others over with your words, whether it's because of a likeable facility with language, a beautiful voice, or a diplomatic use of words. You readily give out compliments. Some of you might use flattery to your own benefit at the risk of being ingenuine. You are generally a very good mediator, aiming to settle arguments quickly and restoring at least temporary peace. You have a mischievous side, however, and your desire to be tactful and polite with others doesn't always succeed. Some of you might engage in a lot of mind games, and others might eventually find out that you don't always mean what you say or say what you mean! You value mental stimulation and frequent changes of scenery in your love relationships.

-46 Square Venus - Ascendant

He goes to excess in his pleasures, frequents doubtful company. He lacks good taste. He is very spendthrift, but spreads his money around his circle. His friends are more self-interested than sincere.

-18 Opposition Venus - Midheaven

He is vain and jealous. Both married life and professional life are difficult with such a character.

17 Sextile Venus - Neptune

His professional life is unstable. He has a taste for the Arts, is a dreamer, is easily influenced and romantic. He is emotional and very sensitive.

Romantic, creative, gentle, and adaptable, you naturally express the finer qualities of mysterious and dreamy Neptune in your love relationships. Your imagination is rich and your fantasy world well-developed. You are turned off by rudeness and crudeness, and are drawn to beauty in its many forms. You are very giving and generous, but may be a little on the submissive side, or sometimes downright lazy, failing to take the initiative when situations call for it.

23 Conjunction Mercury - Venus

He looks on the bright side of life: he is gay, agreeable, optimistic, sociable. He likes to speak and write, and does both with charm and artistry. His intellectual pleasures are influenced by his feelings. He is amorous and sensual. He likes beauty, the Arts but also travelling.

-44 Opposition Mars - Ascendant

He is quarrelsome, critical and violent. His success is obtained by dubious means.

House III in Aquarius

He is always at the forefront of progress. Likes everything that is new, original and ingenious. Likes every new idea, as long as it improves life and naturally is good for everyone. He is happy to travel even at a moment's notice, likes a life full of change and meetings.

Your mars and venus are not squared. You barely dodged that one.

Everything is contradictory because some aspects are more "powerful" than others. Your good "Sextile" and "trine" aspects of your venus out weigh the little negative "opposite" "squared" aspects.

Cheers to a happy venus!

Osamenor

Staff member
You don't have good north node aspects.

I wouldn't quite put it that way. You don't have very many aspects to your nodes, period. Lack of aspects to the nodes, in my understanding, often means there isn't much to your karmic past story. You're coming out of a past life, or lives, where you lived, you died, and while your life would have included superficial changes, nothing much changed for you or challenged you on a deep karmic level.

However, I looked at your chart for a while, at what little karmic information it does give--sign and house placements of the nodes and their rulers, and what few aspects there are--and I see a clear story emerging, which would explain your need for independence, and probably your attitude toward relationships as well. Not only is that indicated in your birth chart for this life, it's also a reasonable response to the past life story I see here. (Feel free to believe, or not believe, that this is your actual past life story. The real details may be different, and if you don't believe in reincarnation, it's fine to take it as just a story.)

The only aspect you have to your south node is an opposition to the sun, in Aries in the fourth house. The other place to look for karmic past clues is the south node's ruler--in your case, that almost completely unaspected Venus. So not many aspects to tell the story, but sign and house placements say a lot.

South node in the tenth house suggests a life in which you had a high social position, a reputation to maintain, a strong career. In some way, you were highly visible in your society. Libra suggests a position obtained through marriage, or perhaps artistic talent (the royal family's portrait painter?), or perhaps a high class lawyer, or something else Libran.

Based on the almost complete lack of challenging aspects to your south node and its ruler, it seems like this was a mostly easy life. However, Venus's position, in Pisces in the third house, helps clarify the situation. Third house indicates a situation where you had to live by your wits. In the genteel kind of society that the tenth house Libra picture paints, that would be a genteel kind of living by your wits. You were constantly having to flatter the right people, talk smoothly, subtly advance your position.

Pisces and Libra are both very easygoing, don't-rock-the-boat signs. Libra wants to keep the peace at all costs, and Pisces is the zodiac's shapeshifter, easily recreating itself to please others, to adapt to what others want or need. Having your south node and its ruler in those signs indicates that's the kind of person you were in the karmic past--a people pleaser, always ready to tell people what they wanted to hear and give them what they wanted. In Pisces in the third house, you were probably very good at using that skill to get what you wanted, but you could never get what you wanted directly, and you couldn't assert yourself directly.

The only aspect your Venus makes is a square to the AC/DC. Interestingly, Mars almost squares it, but not quite, it's just out of orb. That might indicate a minor detail of something or someone that crossed you--perhaps a rival for your social position--but it's not a major part of your karmic story. The square to the AC/DC indicates difficulty balancing self with relation to others. That this is a square indicates that you were aware of the problem, and probably uncomfortable with it, but never managed to resolve it.

Then you have one challenging aspect to your south node: opposition to the sun. Sun in hard aspect to the south node indicates a powerful person (or persons, or events) that overshadowed you, eclipsed you. Fourth house in this context most likely indicates family, and the sun being conjunct Jupiter indicates wealth, fortune. Aries adds the detail of this person being very forceful, and perhaps aggressive and controlling. That this is an opposition indicates that this person had complete power and control over you.

I'm reading the story like this: you were the daughter (or son) of a wealthy father, who controlled all the money and forced or coerced you into a socially and politically advantageous marriage. That marriage brought you high social status, but you never had any control over your own life. In the social circles you moved in, and probably within your marriage as well, you always had to flatter and cajole and play to the expectations of others in order to get anything. Probably, you had the same kind of relationship with your father. He controlled everything you had and doled it out at his whims.

Oppositions to the south node also represent what you wanted but was unattainable. In that past life, you wanted control over your own life. You wanted that powerful ego your father had. You wanted to be able to control your own money and relate to people on your own terms and decide how to live. That was denied you. So this time around, you came into the world determined to have all that.

Karmically, relationships are an area in which you need to set things right. That's indicated by Chiron being in your seventh house. Also, Mars, the ruler of your north node, is conjunct your DC, another indicator that relation to others is a key growth area for you.

However, setting things right in the relationship arena doesn't always mean having a long committed relationship. What it means is having relationships that meet your needs and are fair to the other person(s) involved. In your case, it looks like your main need is to redefine relationships on your own terms. As long as your own terms are compatible with the other person's, that's a reasonable and healthy thing to do.

hwat

jupiterasc, since i was born at night, would this mean the triplicities of night applies to my delineation? or does it mean my introverted vs my extroverted energies? and under faces of the planets, for example would my venus being 4 degrees pisces make it ruled by saturn?

abby83, it sort of sounds like you have a distaste for aries! i don’t think the way i chase unattainable women is in an arian style, i usually end up falling hard for the ones i can’t have in spite of the fact that i never had them.

kalyxa, that is definitely true. i have come to the realization about needing to stay true to myself in order for not only my own happiness but others too. kind of funny how that happens and it’s spelled out on my chart. i am a bit of a selfish person at my core, in the way i treat other people sometimes without even realizing it.

i would actually say it supports what osamenor said about the past life thing. i do believe in the idea of them, though i think of them as more like as existences on other planets, where the lessons learned there are unexplainable, the examples conveying the effect that us as modern humans would feel had the past life happened in this day and age, establishing our comfort zones.

another thing about the south node thing is i never fully understood it in the interpretations i read in my other limited research, osamenor, your story perfectly explains a lot of feelings i have, even outside of romantic expression. i have been a homeowner from a pretty young age, except i did it on my own and busted my *** for it quite honestly, and i think that shows my actual need for independence. i loathe the idea of traditional marriage and need my space in a relationship, knowing that even before i entered and exited my two short-lived relationships, as if i had suffered a marriage i was trapped in during some past life. in fact, i’m not even close with my dad and even though i could not give you a real reason as to why. we don’t have a bad relationship, and he does try, but i just don’t feel a desire to be close with him. a lot of people even comment that i am a naturally witty person, so i can see that the south node has given me at least one gift. i really see how my south node plays out on my chart and that is something i thought i’d never understand i really appreciate it, thank you!

my chiron in the 7th house is another thing that i definitely see how it effects the circumstances around my 7th house matters, and relationships really are not my thing. being conjunct the dc i’ve also found it a bit hard to interpret, because everything i read sounds nothing like me. but tying in the fact that it’s conjunct the house chiron occupies, the issues surrounding my mars and how it affects my relations with others, is an open wound that i will spare everyone the details of.

thank you for the information, mercurytwin! communication is a huge part of my life, as it is not only my greatest gift (i’ve always been told i have a way with words, i love writing, and i am somewhat musically inclined, and the ) but also is the biggest source of my problems. i express my love unintentionally with my venus in the 3rd house i think, especially being in pisces with my mercury conj ic, though i think 9 degrees is too wide to say they’re conjunct.

i’ve said it like 5 times in here already but thank you to everyone who took the time to look at my chart and give me input! i really appreciate it and hope to be skilled enough in astrology to help others learn about themselves :) learning about myself through my natal chart has really helped answer a lot of questions i’ve had about myself but never could ask. even the physical descriptions of sag ascendant with saturn and uranus in the first house are practically written on my face and demeanor. the more i look at my chart the more i actually see the blueprint of the mind, body, and soul.

Abby83

abby83, it sort of sounds like you have a distaste for aries! i don’t think the way i chase unattainable women is in an arian style, i usually end up falling hard for the ones i can’t have in spite of the fact that i never had them.

i would actually say it supports what osamenor said about the past life thing. i do believe in the idea of them, though i think of them as more like as existences on other planets, where the lessons learned there are unexplainable, the examples conveying the effect that us as modern humans would feel had the past life happened in this day and age, establishing our comfort zones.

another thing about the south node thing is i never fully understood it in the interpretations i read in my other limited research, osamenor, your story perfectly explains a lot of feelings i have, even outside of romantic expression. i have been a homeowner from a pretty young age, except i did it on my own and busted my *** for it quite honestly, and i think that shows my actual need for independence. i loathe the idea of traditional marriage and need my space in a relationship, knowing that even before i entered and exited my two short-lived relationships, as if i had suffered a marriage i was trapped in during some past life. in fact, i’m not even close with my dad and even though i could not give you a real reason as to why. we don’t have a bad relationship, and he does try, but i just don’t feel a desire to be close with him. a lot of people even comment that i am a naturally witty person, so i can see that the south node has given me at least one gift. i really see how my south node plays out on my chart and that is something i thought i’d never understand i really appreciate it, thank you!

my chiron in the 7th house is another thing that i definitely see how it effects the circumstances around my 7th house matters, and relationships really are not my thing. being conjunct the dc i’ve also found it a bit hard to interpret, because everything i read sounds nothing like me. but tying in the fact that it’s conjunct the house chiron occupies, the issues surrounding my mars and how it affects my relations with others, is an open wound that i will spare everyone the details of.

You seem to be disappointed in my efforts to explain my opinion. Im actually saying a lot of what Osamenor is saying but in a blunt manner. What you describe above about past life relates to me quite well. I am the exact opposite to you. My south node is in 1st house with stellium of planets here as well as a mars dominant chart and strong masculine mercury. With north node 7th house Im going into your past territory of relating to ppl I couldn't be bothered with instead of sitting in my comfortable individual independent zone on my own. You are heading into where ive been - my past life, and you will become more and more comfortable with yourself than being with others. I personally don't think many north node aries people want to relate to ppl at least by the latter years. In my experience with them, depending on the chart of course, they have become more at home with rely on themselves than trying to please others.
Speaking of future lives, maybe in your next life you would be in the military, and this would be prep for that, esp in terms of love life, just as an example.

I have hidden strong Arian qualities that come out when required. It's not that I dislike all Aries types, I absolutely hate it when they haven't mastered what true power, strength and independence really is. And I hate it when some of them find weak disrespectable ways to 'win' situations in a way that I wont buy into. It's a lesson north node aries people have, and when some of them think they can get power over me, having the strengths and mars dominant talents I do, it really fires me up! So that's my issue there. Putting up with the tests of a north node aries trying to learn what it takes to be aries. Having said this, I absolutely love a man who can master his aries qualities. My husband is an Aries, and although he's given me the shits with his struggles at being arian (me being better at it) I am so happy to see him finally learning the strength of his aries qualities and experiencing the rewards of being with him in a strong secure passionate way.

Last edited:

Abby83

Also...

If I were to see aspects in your chart that require you to learn to balance how to relate to people and remain in leadership and independence, then I would focus on that. But to be honest, I don't see any signs of that in your chart. There is no real indication I can see in this chart re wanting to relate. And there's nothing wrong with it. Oviously like another poster said, in a past life you were sick of all that.

hwat

You seem to be disappointed in my efforts to explain my opinion. Im actually saying a lot of what Osamenor is saying but in a blunt manner. What you describe above about past life relates to me quite well. I am the exact opposite to you. My south node is in 1st house with stellium of planets here as well as a mars dominant chart and strong masculine mercury. With north node 7th house Im going into your past territory of relating to ppl I couldn't be bothered with instead of sitting in my comfortable individual independent zone on my own. You are heading into where ive been - my past life, and you will become more and more comfortable with yourself than being with others. I personally don't think many north node aries people want to relate to ppl at least by the latter years. In my experience with them, depending on the chart of course, they have become more at home with rely on themselves than trying to please others.
Speaking of future lives, maybe in your next life you would be in the military, and this would be prep for that, esp in terms of love life, just as an example.

I have hidden strong Arian qualities that come out when required. It's not that I dislike all Aries types, I absolutely hate it when they haven't mastered what true power, strength and independence really is. And I hate it when some of them find weak disrespectable ways to 'win' situations in a way that I wont buy into. It's a lesson north node aries people have, and when some of them think they can get power over me, having the strengths and mars dominant talents I do, it really fires me up! So that's my issue there. Putting up with the tests of a north node aries trying to learn what it takes to be aries. Having said this, I absolutely love a man who can master his aries qualities. My husband is an Aries, and although he's given me the shits with his struggles at being arian (me being better at it) I am so happy to see him finally learning the strength of his aries qualities and experiencing the rewards of being with him in a strong secure passionate way.

sorry if i came off as disappointed! i am very grateful you took any time at all to look at my chart, let alone give me so much input :) but with your further explanation i get what you're saying, mostly. except for the part about this life preparing me for my next one where i am in the military. do you mean like maybe i'm learning to be completely independent of love to prepare myself for my next lifetime where i am in the military and a love life is just not an option for me? and i am also not sure what you mean by finding "weak disrespectable ways to 'win' situations."

i do feel preconceived notions in myself that i can't do anything independently, and feel on fire when i successfully do something on my own and/or surprise myself with my own strength!

Osamenor

Staff member
Also...

If I were to see aspects in your chart that require you to learn to balance how to relate to people and remain in leadership and independence, then I would focus on that. But to be honest, I don't see any signs of that in your chart. There is no real indication I can see in this chart re wanting to relate.

I, however, do see some real indications of needing to relate... or, more to the point, needing to learn a healthier way of relating. From how you've described your situation, it sounds like you're part of the way there, but the actual work of relearning relationships is still a work in progress.

In that past life, you never had a healthy relationship with anyone, at least not as far as your chart's indicators show. In the society you lived in, relationships were all about manipulation, control, using others to get your way. Under those circumstances, you couldn't possibly have learned any other way of relating to people.

You have two indicators that your way forward includes relearning relationships, and those indicators are much too strong to ignore: north node's ruler conjunct the DC and Chiron in the seventh. If your north node's ruler were conjunct the AC, it would add to the message of asserting your individuality. But since it's conjunct the DC instead, it's about relating to others, not yourself.

You came into this life with two main tasks: to gain control over your own life and the ability to get your needs met directly, without any need to manipulate others, and to build honest relationships with others. The first task had to be completed first, because it would be impossible to build honest relationships if you were still unable to get even your basic survival needs met without resorting to manipulation. For that reason, your karmic indicators for individual growth and independence are very strong, while the relationship indicators are secondary.

You've mastered the lesson of independence, at least to the point that you can get your material needs met through your own direct efforts. People with north node conjunct sun typically do learn their primary north node lessons early in life--if the north node's message is the same as the message your core personality needs to absorb in order to grow, you don't have the option of putting it off. But that still leaves additional tasks to complete, and from how you've described your relationship situation (oblique reference to a karmic wound), it sounds like you're still struggling with the honest relationships part.

Gemini and the third house, which govern your approach to relationships, are the sign and house of siblings. With that as your relationship style, you need your relationships to be sibling-like, even if they're not platonic relationships. That is, you need them to be relationships between equals, every step of the way. Your description of your ideal partner as a "best friend" fits that picture perfectly.

Gemini and the third house also indicate communication. That sign and that house have the greatest potential for honest, straightforward communication... and the greatest potential for lies of every shade, shape, and size. Your past life did not allow honest communication in your relationships. As a result, you never learned that skill at all. And if you were incapable of honest communication in relationships, you could never have a good relationship even with someone you genuinely liked and otherwise had good relationship potential with.

I think the almost-square between your Mars and Venus is indicative of that. The definite square between Venus and your AC/DC indicates that you were conflicted about the balance between self and other, and aware of that to some degree. The almost square (or very loose square, depending on how you look at it) most likely represents another piece of the conflict that you weren't fully aware of, maybe not aware of at all.

If Mars is a person you knew in your past life, I think it's your husband. Conjunct the DC can indicate a marital relationship, and your Mars is in the sixth house. Sixth house supports the tenth house--in modern astrology, sixth house is usually interpreted as how you should make your living day to day, while tenth house indicates the kind of career you can become known for. If your career was being a socially prominent wife, your husband provided you with that career, so sixth house fits.

If this were a tight square, it would be safe to assume that the relationship between you was difficult, full of friction. That it's not a tight square suggests not so much friction as underlying discomfort. Maybe you managed to avoid each other much of the time, while keeping up appearances in public. Maybe you genuinely liked each other, but your relationship was constrained and contorted by your social roles, and by a social environment in which relationships were all about manipulation and control.

Maybe you really wanted to have an honest relationship with your husband, and maybe he really wanted that with you, but neither of you knew how. You certainly did not know how.

If you came into this world with no karmic foundation in honest relationships, you have to learn it all from scratch, and that is very difficult and scary. Chasing unavailable people is a great way to avoid intimacy, and people avoid intimacy when they're afraid of it. In your case, I think it's not so much intimacy itself that you're afraid of as it is the deep sense of incompetence that comes from being asked to do something you really don't know how to do.

Abby83

sorry if i came off as disappointed! i am very grateful you took any time at all to look at my chart, let alone give me so much input :) but with your further explanation i get what you're saying, mostly. except for the part about this life preparing me for my next one where i am in the military. do you mean like maybe i'm learning to be completely independent of love to prepare myself for my next lifetime where i am in the military and a love life is just not an option for me? and i am also not sure what you mean by finding "weak disrespectable ways to 'win' situations."

i do feel preconceived notions in myself that i can't do anything independently, and feel on fire when i successfully do something on my own and/or surprise myself with my own strength!

No worries, all good. For some reason im finding it hard to explain myself.

The military comment was just an example to think about. I personally see charts as prep for the next life. So your chart would be trying to make you less dependent of relationships because that's how aries is. Eg in my chart there is strong emphasis on detaching from emotions so I can embrace my north node Gemini. I do find Gemini qualities extremely uncomfortable, yet im turning into one by the day!!

I just realised that I stated that you don't really have to balance the art of individuality and relating to others, I just realised that you do need to balance this a little bit with your south node in libra. And I say this because of your statement here -
"i do feel preconceived notions in myself that i can't do anything independently, and feel on fire when i successfully do something on my own and/or surprise myself with my own strength."
That feeling that you cant do it is the libra side of you thinking. I keep forgetting that you are merging like all of us. It must be difficult at times, which by the way is noticeable for others to see also.

As for the statement about winning in a weak way, ill use my MIL as an example who has NN in aries. She gets excited about the thought of overpowering people who are more disadvantaged than her. She stays away from people who are great at whatever it is they do (work, motherhood, cokking, dancing, whatever), she is highly competitive and wants to win in every sphere, however stomping on the weak is not how you win. This is what I meant by being frustrating with people who haven't mastered their north node aries. They want the thrill of winning, but it's not really winning if you have already chosen a person who is weak or have set up the situation. I hope that makes sense. Im not saying this is what you do, im just saying a few of them have, which leads to a big lesson to aries -

Choose your battles wisely!

I hope I haven't been too critical, but it's definitely been my role over the last 4 years to teach my MIL these lessons and I guess ive become ruthless over time.

Abby83

Osamenor -

Although I don't agree with your opinion re relating I will agree with the ability to be in a relationship that is sibling like, with good communication, home nurturing and friendship oriented.

Hey, let's not forget where Juno is placed in your chart. In Aquarius. Look that up :). I think that would explain a lot.

Last edited: