Growing/Developing into your Natal Chart

SirHorns

Since the Natal Chart is like a map of themes that play out throughout a person's entire life, how do you measure growth?

Would Inner planets and aspects involving inner planets develop faster than outer planets ones? What about the luminaries, since they stand for our mind/emotions and ego, how fast would they develop?

Finally, when can one safely say that they stopped growing or reached a peach with a certain aspect or certain parts of their chart?

Kalyxa

Progressed natal charts and transits can both offer insight into the growth and maturation of one's personality during their lifetime. While all transits will have some sort of influence on the natal chart, transits of the outer planets last longer and tend to initiate more lasting change and stimulate growth more than the inner planets would.

Planetary returns can also signify greater integration of that particular planet into the personality, as it returns to the position it was in during the moment of birth after making a complete cycle through the zodiac. The Moon is the fastest moving planet, and I find that when people are children they tend to display more qualities akin to their Moon sign, and grow into their Sun and Ascendant more as they age.

Just my opinion, but I don't think there are peaks to be reached with regards to individual aspects. Perhaps a soul would come to a point where they felt they had accomplished what they had intended for that particular life. But there is always potential for more growth.

Osamenor

Staff member
My thought is that certain areas of the birth chart may take longer to manifest, at least in their full form. During childhood and adolescence, we don't have careers or marriages or sexual relationships, so the implications of the sixth and tenth houses (work/career) and of the seventh and eighth houses (marriage/partnership/sexuality) are not fully felt yet. And I think I remember hearing somewhere that it usually takes til around age 40 for the eleventh house to really manifest itself. Or maybe I'm confusing that with north node. Mine's in the eleventh house, so for me, they blur together.

However, some of those things might manifest in a different form early in life. A tenth or eleventh house sun, for instance, might manifest as a strong desire to be popular in school (tenth house=public reputation; eleventh house=social identity). A while back, there was a thread on here by a teenager who was struggling with shyness... and for her, the big problem wasn't so much that she was shy as that she had a pervasive sense that she was supposed to have an outgoing, highly social personality. Her south node was in the tenth house. Tenth house expectations, early in life.

I have Uranus on my midheaven, in Libra. When I was a child, I got picked on heavily. Uranus at the midheaven may have made me seem weird, different... I certainly got called that a lot, or worse... and when I looked up transits for the years when I was in grade school, I found that Pluto and Saturn were both transiting over my natal MC during my early grade school years, which was when the bullying was the worst. If those transits had happened when I was an adult, the impact would probably have played out in my career and/or my reputation in the wide world.

Above all, though, I would say our birth charts show us how we can grow. Your sun's sign and house, for instance, show what your core personality needs most for its development. Any aspects to your sun indicate what can help with that. As long as you're living this life, you'll be growing in a way that your birth chart indicates, unless you refuse opportunities for growth and stagnate instead.