Does he have interest in me?

Lissa

Well..a boy in my school has been kinda flirting with me.We first met online about one year ago because we had(and we still have)lots of friends in comon.He studies in my school this year.He was always very sweet with me-even before we met-,now I see him everyday at school but well,you know how it's like to be a Capricorn rising,I just get shy everytime he's around(and he's not really the talkative type,let's say).Like I mentioned before,we have lots of friends in common,my class and his are always helping each other with school work and other stuff.I'm curious to know if I'm the only one who gets this type of atention from him or if he's simply the 'boy next door' type and I'm getting everything wrong(which is usually what happens with me:38: ).

Once again,we have to deal with my legendary inability to post a chart-I will provide the link but it will surely expire anytime soon,so the question was asked March5th 2007,8:06PM,in Tires,Portugal.(link to the chart:http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?cid=27efileRpfon6-u1132680208&lang=e&gm=a1&nhor=4747901&nho2=860478&btyp=2&mth=gw&sday=5&smon=3&syr=2007&hsy=0&zod=&orbp=&rs=0&ast=

I'm signified by Venus,which is in detriment but in it's natural house,the7th.Venus makes part of a Fire grand trine with Jupiter in Sag and Saturn in Leo.He's Mars,found in Aquarius,near the5th house cusp.There's absolutely no aspect , applying or separate,between our significators so I guess I'm confusing everything.But the Moon looks interesting to me-it makes a very tight,applying conjunction to the Ascendant and a tight applying trine to his significator,Mars-I guess my feelings for him will get deeper?Also,I always think it's fun when certain points or planets in the horary chart are conjunct certain planets/points of either the quesited or the querent's chart,which is the case-I believe the chart's Ascendant is conjunct the guy's Sun/Mercury in early Libra(which are opposite my Moon/Mercury).

So-have I done my horary right?

archergirl

Bom dia, Lissa,

What, specifically, was your question? E.g. what do you *actually* want to know: does he like you? Something like that? You have to have a clear question in mind in order to find a clear answer.

Best wishes,
AG

twiggy

Coffee, you've mixed up the heading with the actual question. If you have a look at the other threads you'll see that a 'catchy' phrase is often used in the heading, and then the actual question is posed concisely, as requested by Radu in the guidelines for new threads in the horary section.

This is to make it an 'astrologer-friendly' forum, as they donate valuable time out of their busy lives.

It is easier for them to do this if, with each new question, they don't have to decipher all the vital details. One question, ok, but not when you come across hundreds.

:rolleyes: Twiggy

archergirl

No worries, Coffee, I **** some people off, and some I don't, with the way I write!:p

For a chart to make the most sense there has to be a clear need for the chart to be answered. Charts where people casually wonder about things or ask about something that's just popped into their heads, can be very difficult to read. It's a simple equation, really: clear question = clear chart.

In Lissa's original post there is no clear indication that she actually really likes this person, more that she sees him around and she gets shy and wonders about his flirting and whatnot. So I asked for clarification. I don't think it's anal at all. If you go to the dentist and say, "Can you look in my mouth, it doesn't feel very good,", you wouldn't expect the dentist to immediately pull out the drill and start chiselling away at the front teeth, would you? At least, I hope you wouldn't. You would hope that the dentist will ask for clarification, where it hurts, how long, etc. It's the same with horary.

Lissa and I have corresponded about this and I think she was fairly satisfied with the conclusions we came to...although I will of course be very interested in having feedback from her later on! :)

Cheers,
AG

Last edited:

Summery Joy

Lissa,

I'm not a big fan of using the 7th house to judge questions like yours. I prefer using the house that describes the "official" status of the relationship. Basically, he's a friend of your friends, and you are not particularly close with him. I choose the 11th from the 11th to rule him, which is the radical 9th house.

So, he is actually ruled by Mercury Rx in Aquarius in the radical 6th (his own turned 9th).

Your significator is Venus in Aries in the radical 7th (his turned 11).

Those placements argue that he's not romatically interested at the moment and, interestingly, you are that much interested in him either. The 7th-house placement of Venus shows you more interested in being in some sort of relationship than in him in particular.

There are no aspects or major receptions between Venus and Mercury. The answer is no. However, Venus is in detriment and Mercury is in Rx motion. Maybe it's simply not the best time yet. Mercury would soon go direct and Venus will eventually be in major dignity in Taurus. The future looks more promising than the present, whether you will be in a relationsip or not.

Jupiter Rocks

If he is a 'friend of a friend' and the querent isn't particularly close to him that makes him 7th house. He's not a friend in the true sense of the word because she doesn't know him.

Ishk

Lissa im glad you got your answer. i hope you wont mind me asking a another question here.

Sorehearted,

which house should we take for a common friend? is it turned 11th from the 11th?

i mean in a horary for a friend( 11th house matter), if i also want to know the true intentions of a common friend of ours, which house should i take for the common friend? is it turned 11th from the radix 11th or the 7th in the radix chart.

Thanks.

archergirl

Hi Ishk,

You needn't make things so complicated!:p

If you are asking about a 'someone' where you have some involvement in the question, where your relationship is peripheral (a friend of a friend of a friend) (e.g. 'will X come to my party') you use the 1st for yourself and the 7th for X. If you are asking about some action that X is doing, that doesn't involve you but that you are concerned about, use the 1st for X. It really is as simple as that.

There is some merit in turning charts in certain circumstances, but horary is a simple exercise, and turning a turned chart only confuses the matter in most cases. Just use the radix chart, as it is; the answer will be there if the question is valid!

Cheers,
AG

Summery Joy

I humbly disagree. If the 7th is used to describe any relationship, then what are the other houses for? And do we have any feedback from the horary querent? How do we know if any house works if Lissa doesn't come back to us with new information? Come on Lissa.. tell us!

tikana

hey guys

I must agree with Sorehearted

5th house is the house that represents an interest/fling. usually before you begin to date to 1st a couple of weeks of dating or unless you two do not bring commitment into a play

7th house is for if you broke up with soemone and trying to get back to that person, or you know that person for a long time and trying to see fi this will be serious relationship. 5th house in this case shoudl be taken into a consideration but not as a focal point

Tik

Jupiter Rocks

The fact is she is asking about someone she wants a relationship with otherwise she wouldn't be asking if he is interested in her - that is the 7th. The trouble with the term 'friend' is it is used so loosely that some people might call someone they work with to whom they are friendly a 'friend' but they are not, they are work colleagues which would be the 7th. The way I was taught is that the 5th house rules sex (among other things) and is what you would do with your 7th house person, it doesn't rule the relationship.

As you know, the houses represent everything somewhere but you have to be certain of that house. Lissa wants to know if this guy is interested in her because she obviously likes him and if you look at the chart she has drawn up, her planet Venus is in his house - the 7th - she really likes him which makes her planet weak. Mars as his 'personality' only has interest in Venus by face which is minor. However, the Sun as his 'man stuff' is in the first stages of love as the Sun exalts Venus. The Moon is applying to trine Mars so I think 'yes' he does have an interest in her.

Ishk

Have I created some confusion here? I am sorry if I have..

My question was/is very different from that of lissa.

Archergirl, thank you. From your post, I understand, for someone who is not really a friend, just someone I know, like an aquaintance or maybe a little more than that, falls in the category of 'the other person'. Then the seventh from the radix chart would be the appropriate house for such a person. Please correct me if I got this wrong.

My question was..
Lets suppose, we are three friends, I am 'A' and my other two friends 'B' and 'C'. Just friends. (11 th house). Now, I suspect that 'C' is trying to damage the relationship between me('A') and my friend 'B'. 'C' is a common friend of both 'A' and 'B'.

In the horary chart, where I am concerned about B, I am ofcource First house, and IF 'B' is 11th house from radix; which house is 'C'?

archergirl

Hi Ishk, I see what you're saying...

Where there is potential to have 'too many significators' crowding the chart (not to mention a lot of confusion over 'who is who'), boil it down to the essence of the question.

There are a number of ways you could look at a chart like this. It really does depend on *how* you ask the question.

Since you (1st house) imply by your question that you are better friends with B than with C, I would either use the 11th for B, and the 7th for C, and judge the relationships between them (in this case the 7th works for the 3rd party in a triangulation, or 'Other' person, and don't forget to look first at the action of the Moon!); or:

You could examine the relationship/s between you and C using either the 11th or the 7th again, depending upon how close you feel your relationship is with C, again looking at the Moon, prohibitions, frustrations, etc.

There is debate over the 11th and what it signifies. Some people use it to signify 'friends' personified; some people use it, like the 5th, to describe the *ideation* of 'friendship', e.g. the state of being friends. So for the first method I suggested, you would use the 11th to represent a person, and in the second suggestion, you might use the 7th to represent the *person* towards whom you have doubts, and the 11th to represent the *state* of that friendship. I think it is a more modern interpretation to put people into the abstract houses of the 5th and 11th; traditionally you would use the 7th to describe any 'other' person with whom you have any sort of relationship. But there are arguments about this, and I certainly don't have a concrete answer!:p

I suspect it's best to keep the chart as simple and clear-cut as possible, so while your question is ostensibly about a triangulation between yourself and B and C, the real nub of the question is more about what C's motives are; in which case, you choose your significator for C and read the chart from there. If C is truly a close friend you might wish to put him/her with the 11th; if C is more of a peripheral friend, then the 7th should work just fine. Probably the best advice is to decide 'where' you're going to put people before you read the chart, and then stick consistently with that throughout the reading. You'll often find that two people will read a single chart using two different sets of significators, but arrive at the same conclusion. It's weird, but if the question is valid, it generally works however you read it.

Ooof. Hope that makes it a little more clear! :D

AG

Last edited:

Ishk

Archergirl,

Its very clear now. Thank you very much. Really appreciate your help.
I'm a novice, and lately I've been following your posts and taking notes.
It helps me better understand the principles of horary and how we apply them. Once again, thank you very much.

Lissa

WOW,this thread came alive while I was away!:D

Thanks a lot for all your inputs!I will try to make some things clearer:

First,about my relationship with this guy:we're not exacly close friends,but we talk.We have friends in common,and I talked with him online for about a year before we finally met.I think he might have liked me before.When we still didn't know each other and only talked on MSN,there was a time when he was particularly sweet with me,and he used to send love quotes/poems to my a email on a daily basis.One of my classmates knows this boy for almost10years,and she told me she used to do the exact same thing to her(sending her love notes),only a few weaks before he started sending me the emails.I wasn't really interested in him back then,so I stayed away from him for a while,but he kept trying to get in contact with me.I'm a begginer with horary(in fact,I consider myself to be fairly new to astrology itself),so I don't know if this changes anything in the interpretation of the chart.

I'm not sure about my feelings for him;my head is way too messy right now!:p I'm curious to know if he has interest in me because he sends me some signs(he comments my hi5 almost every week saying he adores me)but,on the other hand,there's not one single day where I don't see him with another girl at school,hugging her and stuff like that.I'm not close enough to him to know if he's naturally very demonstrative with his friends or if he's confused.

Perhaps you'd like to know if there were any developments in the matter.Well,nothing interesting.This week,we were together in one of our school's activities-we were directing a debate.We didn't talk to each other during the entire debate,but,afterwards,I got a nice compliment about my performance from him.

Hope this is any help,or at least satisfies your curiosity;) .

All the best,
Lissa

Last edited:

Summery Joy

Ishk said:
Sorehearted,

which house should we take for a common friend? is it turned 11th from the 11th?

i mean in a horary for a friend( 11th house matter), if i also want to know the true intentions of a common friend of ours, which house should i take for the common friend? is it turned 11th from the radix 11th or the 7th in the radix chart.

Thanks.

A friend of yours should be the 11th. A friend of a friend is the 11th from the 11th. A close friend of yours, one with whom you have a special bond, can also be ruled by the 7th. A friend of such friend is the 11th from the 7th.

I hope this answers your question.

Ishk

Thank you sorehearted.

I always took the 11th for a friend, and 11th from the 11th for a friend of a friend. This is one of the things I have learned from your posts.
I didnt know, I could take the 7th for a close/special friend. I made a note of this.

Last edited:

archergirl

And I *still*, respectfully, think that instead of turning a chart and turning it again until you have the 11th of the 11th of the 11th, you should just use the 1st house if you are asking specifically about a 3rd party and their actions, or the 7th if you are involved in the question. :p Perhaps there is also something to be said for actually *avoiding* questions where one has no direct influence on the outcome or are not directly affected by it (not saying that in Ishk's case, but in general). I see no reason why one should have to turn a chart so many times in order to find the viable significator; the radix chart will work in most instances, without all the confusion.

:) AG

Summery Joy

Archergirl,

Keep using your method. It'll work as long as you stick to it. I've noticed that different methods more often than not lead to the same conclusion if the question itself is valid. There were so many times that Draco and I came up with similar answers using completely different ways. In one chart, he used a chart of when he got and understood the question while I used the original chart posted by the querent, he used 7th house I used the 5th and STILL we came up with the same results.

I think the stars have the answers and they also kind of know who will be judging the charts :D