Asperger's / autistic traits in the chart

Hkk

Account Closed
Hello

Are there any typical placements or aspects which suggests that the native is on the autism spectrum?

I’m learning here so giving my educational guess lol maybe mercury ret in Virgo or Gemini? Only reason I say is my nephew has autism and he has merc ret and is a Virgo however not fully looked at his chart. Scorpio south node can give mental problems from other charts I’ve seen and again this is not looking at the overall chart!

CapAquaPis

I’m learning here so giving my educational guess lol maybe mercury ret in Virgo or Gemini? Only reason I say is my nephew has autism and he has merc ret and is a Virgo however not fully looked at his chart. Scorpio south node can give mental problems from other charts I’ve seen and again this is not looking at the overall chart!

My natal chart finds indicators I will have autism, mild anxiety and depression. I have Sun/Moon conjunction in 8th (Aquarius) square Uranus in 5th (Scorpio), Mercury in 9th (Pisces) square Neptune in 6th (Sagittarius) and also opposite Mars-Jupiter-Saturn in 3rd (Virgo), and finally a lack of planets in 12th (Gemini) indicates I'll never be sent into an institution when I was diagnosed at age 4 (Mild and high-functioning) at a time this was recommended by the "experts". I was checked for ADD, OCD, Tourette's and Mood/stress issues (no diagnoses).

oldsoulvocalist

I'm on the spectrum, and like many have mentioned, Mercury aspects are important. Autism is a neurological developmental disorder, and Mercury is associated with neurology. I'm fortunate enough to have my Mercury in Aries conjunct BOTH Mars AND Saturn. Fun time.

athair

ive been wondering from time to time whether i would been diagnosed with asperger...i have mercury conjunct sun in pisces in 4th house, square both neptune and moon in 12th house in sag (sun square moon and square neptune: something about my identity seems to be foggy, clashes between emotions and identity seemed to be pervasive, etc.). also jupiter in 6th house taurus square mars in 3th house acquarius (jupiter in taurus trine sun in pisces seemed to link identity and mercurial energy, but both are at odds with moon & neptune issues in sag 12th house anyway...sometimes building up to a sort of Dissociative Disorder Syndrome or something...). last but not least, i have uranus in scorpio 11th house trine mercury, which seems to make for an natural interest in science, etc. greetings

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member

Mercury sign can't be it. Only Geminis, Cancers, and Tauruses can have Mercury in Gemini, and only Virgos, Leos, and Libras can have Mercury in Virgo, but people on the spectrum are born year round.

Neither can south node sign. If south node sign were it, people on the spectrum would only be born within one 2 1/2 year window every 18 1/2 years, and everyone born in that 2 1/2 year window would be on the spectrum. But that isn't so.

But more general characteristics of Mercury might be involved: Mercury afflicted in some sense, for instance. That's the communication planet, and autism involves communication difficulties.

Greta Thunberg, who is on the spectrum, has Mercury retrograde and nearly (but not fully) unaspected (however, it does sextile Venus). Her birth time is unknown, so we don't know how her Mercury fares by house placement, but that could be another factor.

leomoon

This is the son of Jenny McCarthy an actress. He has autism. She was once coupled with the comedic actor Jim Carrey for a few years, and they'd appear together on TV talking about her cure for Autism. (which isn't a cure) and became a big issue later on between them...
I don't know where he is on the Autism scale although she may have said years ago, but Evan has his Mercury rx conjunct "Aldebaren" the Royal Star, often seen as "an honored intelligence".

I don't know how her son or she is doing today, but she is remarried and according to this link they are all doing well:
https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/news/jenny-mccarthys-teenage-son-calls-her-out-in-public/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jenny_McCarthy

began dating actor/director John Mallory Asher late in 1998.[53] The couple became engaged in January 1999 and married on September 11 of that year. They have a son, Evan, born in May 2002, who was diagnosed with autism in May 2005.[4 ] McCarthy and Asher divorced in September 2005.
He has a YOD formation, and a Mystic Rectangle formation:

Last edited:

Frisiangal

Hi,
Through a passion for medical astrology, I have a shoot-off side interest in charts on the diagnosed autism scale, which began when studying the effect and relationship of MEAN Black Moon Lilith :)lilth:) with physical dis-orders and dis-ease. Over the years I have accumulated a small collection of 70 charts from private individuals, internet astro. forum exchanges, and excluding those of the famous in the Astrodatabank of Astro. com.

What has been observed personally is that a Mercury link is present in all cases. Usually yet not always in harsh aspect. I guess this would depend upon one's personal mental outlook towards its societal place (Saturn) and whether it is bothered or unconcerned by it (MEAN BML).
Yet differences have been observedm according to the diagnoses on the autism pectrum.

Autism, as a diagnosed disorder in itself, has shown more than would be considered average harsh aspects between Moon, Mercury, Saturn, and Uranus. There is a link between one with another, sometimes all four connected with each other.
IMOOsamenor is correct in saying that the planet does not necessarily have to be in its ruling sign; it's their inter-connection aspect that seems to be decisive.
The harsh Moon would relate to the 'disconnection from feeling/emotional bonding',
Mercury would relate to the mental thought flow,
Saturn for the strict disciplinary order maintained throughout,
Uranus for the alternative manner of mental perception (electrical wiring - neurology?).

Spectrum diagnoses do not include all 4 planets linked together in some way, but (also) forming separate aspects to other planets.

What has been commonly observed:
ADD:
Mercury in harsh aspect to Mars is apparent,
Neptune (the attention deficit) forms a harsh aspect that is linked to Mercury.

ADHD sees the inclusion of a harsh aspect with Mars (brain activity) and Jupiter (the H of the disorder?)

Asperger's syndrome can include a harsh aspect to Pluto.

These are in no way conclusive in themselves. The 'research' of counter-checking with same data charts of those who do not have autism spectrum disorders has never been undertaken.

:smile:

P.S. Diagnosed spectrum charts are always welcome. Name not necessary but accurate birth data included.
Thanks.

TamaraL

Hello everyone,

Interesting thread, I have tried to research this topic before. I am on the spectrum, diagnosed last year when I entered my thirties. Prior to the diagnosis, I was considered a 'shy' person that cannot cope with relationships/social situations. I personally think it is reflected in my chart by Mercury (in Aquarius) square Pluto (in Scorpio).

I am also uploading my natal chart and looking forward to your interpretations. Feel free to PM me for further questions.

Many thanks,
T.

Attachments

• T -Natal ch.jpg
    T -Natal ch.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 248

Osamenor

Staff member
What has been commonly observed:
ADD:
Mercury in harsh aspect to Mars is apparent,
Neptune (the attention deficit) forms a harsh aspect that is linked to Mercury.

ADHD sees the inclusion of a harsh aspect with Mars (brain activity) and Jupiter (the H of the disorder?)

I have diagnosed ADD. I have a square (wide orb and separating) between Mercury and Mars and another square (3 degrees' orb and applying) between Mercury and Neptune. Neptune exactly squares my Venus, which is in conjunction with Mercury. But I do not have any aspect between Mars and Jupiter.

I recently had a client who told me they had ADHD. Their chart had two stelliums in opposition, one of which included Mercury and Jupiter and the other of which included Mars. But Neptune was in soft aspect (sextile to one and trine to the other) with both stelliums, and was not within orb for aspects to Mercury or Mars.

Interestingly, I have all of the following that you say are associated with autism:
Frisiangal said:
Autism, as a diagnosed disorder in itself, has shown more than would be considered average harsh aspects between Moon, Mercury, Saturn, and Uranus. There is a link between one with another, sometimes all four connected with each other.

...but I do not fit the criteria for autism, not even the milder versions. I'm the other kind of neurodivergent.

Frisiangal

Hello everyone,

Interesting thread, I have tried to research this topic before. I am on the spectrum, diagnosed last year when I entered my thirties. Prior to the diagnosis, I was considered a 'shy' person that cannot cope with relationships/social situations. I personally think it is reflected in my chart by Mercury (in Aquarius) square Pluto (in Scorpio).

I am also uploading my natal chart and looking forward to your interpretations. Feel free to PM me for further questions.

Many thanks,
T.

Hi Tamara,
The uploaded astro. com chart uses wider orbs than are normally used.
Although the small type is difficult to read, it does look as if Mercury is out of orb to Mars, yet is almost exact square to Pluto.

Although the generational Saturn-Uranus link is there, they do not connect to either Moon or Mercury.

Natal Moon (ruler Asc. of personality/physical constitution) is just within orb of an albeit out of sign opposition to Jupiter (ruler 6th house associated with dis-orders and physical complaints), but is too wide to oppose Mars.
This would seem to question ADHD.

Could this indicate that your condition is diagnosed as Asperger's syndrome?

My thanks for for any feedback.

Frisiangal

Thank you for your feedback, Osamenor. It is really appreciated and would seem to show some verification of planetary alignment..
Would you explain more what you mean by 'the other kind of neurodivergent'. Is it that your mind works in a specifically personal authentic manner, or do you simply mean you are not labelled as 'autist' ?
(No offence meant.)

Osamenor

Staff member
Thank you for your feedback, Osamenor. It is really appreciated and would seem to show some verification of planetary alignment..
Would you explain more what you mean by 'the other kind of neurodivergent'. Is it that your mind works in a specifically personal authentic manner, or do you simply mean you are not labelled as 'autist' ?
(No offence meant.)

I mean I'm ADHD, not autistic.

TamaraL

Hi Tamara,
The uploaded astro. com chart uses wider orbs than are normally used.
Although the small type is difficult to read, it does look as if Mercury is out of orb to Mars, yet is almost exact square to Pluto.

Although the generational Saturn-Uranus link is there, they do not connect to either Moon or Mercury.

Natal Moon (ruler Asc. of personality/physical constitution) is just within orb of an albeit out of sign opposition to Jupiter (ruler 6th house associated with dis-orders and physical complaints), but is too wide to oppose Mars.
This would seem to question ADHD.

Could this indicate that your condition is diagnosed as Asperger's syndrome?

My thanks for for any feedback.

Thank you for your feedback Frisiangal, yes it a confirmed Asperger's case (I went through a formal process and got the diagnosis in 2019 because I really wanted to know the truth), however since 2013 Aspergers is not the official term anymore. It's 'autism spectrum disorder' (or H.F.A for High Functioning Autism) and people have it in different degrees. Also, many women have it but they have the ability to 'mask' their traits and usually are diagnosed later in life...

I am not sure what else can play a role astrologically speaking. Uranus -Venus aspects possibly...I think it's a combination of factors...
I think it's much more common than we think.

Also, I can send a PM with my birth data if you need them (if the chart is not clear).

Last edited:

Frisiangal

I mean I'm ADHD, not autistic.

Your previous post said:
I have diagnosed ADD. I have a square (wide orb and separating) between Mercury and Mars and another square (3 degrees' orb and applying) between Mercury and Neptune. Neptune exactly squares my Venus, which is in conjunction with Mercury.
which I thought was indicated by the planetary alignment.

But I do not have any aspect between Mars and Jupiter
Perhaps a harsh aspect to/from Jupiter itself to a planet linked to Mercury and/or Mars?

Checking through Google it was said that ADD no longer exists as separate to ADHD and is 'used to describe 'inattentive-type ADHD''. I have no training but was under the impression that ADD showed a definite difference in mental thought application than ADHD. If this is not so, then Jupiter should also be significant in cases of what was previously ADD; shouldn't it?:sideways:

I'll have to check the charts I have. That will keep me occupied whilst the lockdown exists. :wink:

Thanks again for your comments.

Frisiangal

however since 2013 Aspergers is not the official term anymore. It's 'autism spectrum disorder' (or H.F.A for High Functioning Autism) .............

Thank you for that fact of which I was unaware.

Many mental health name terms have been changed to their advantage over the years, making them sound less severe in nature.

Having also answered Osamenor's most recent post, does this mean that AD(H)D also falls under H.F.A, and is not separate from it?

(A lot of head scratching going on now.:biggrin:)

Osamenor

Staff member
Perhaps a harsh aspect to/from Jupiter itself to a planet linked to Mercury and/or Mars?

Checking through Google it was said that ADD no longer exists as separate to ADHD and is 'used to describe 'inattentive-type ADHD''. I have no training but was under the impression that ADD showed a definite difference in mental thought application than ADHD. If this is not so, then Jupiter should also be significant in cases of what was previously ADD; shouldn't it?:sideways:

I'll have to check the charts I have. That will keep me occupied whilst the lockdown exists. :wink:

Thanks again for your comments.

Jupiter is significant in my chart, but separate from the aspects involving my Mercury and my Mars. Maybe you could stretch your theory by way of Saturn: I have Jupiter square Saturn and Saturn in an out of sign sextile to Mars. But that's the only contact point that would fit.

Osamenor

Staff member
Having also answered Osamenor's most recent post, does this mean that AD(H)D also falls under H.F.A, and is not separate from it?

(A lot of head scratching going on now.:biggrin:)

No. ADHD is not autism, although both can exist in the same person. And both are neuroatypicalities.