mother's chart progressed to autistic son's birthdate

This is my natal chart, with progressions to the date of my autisic son's birth Oct. 8, 2003. I am trying to find some feedback from any who understands reading progressed charts, as I am just learning. I am not trying to focus so much on identifying astrological indicators of autism, or direct this thread at my son's life/course. Instead, I would appreciate input concerning how his life affects mine in regards to purpose/karma. I hope I am communicating myself properly. I know in my heart that the blessing that I have of being his mother is not just a major factor in my life, but the most signicant event that has ever occured in my life. I further this by the fact that I knew psychically, before his birth that he would be autistic, and also, out of 4 c-section deliveries that were all dangerous, his was the only one that I medically died for about 5 mins. and had what I believe to be a "near death experience". I'm sure there are some that think I'm some kind of nut-case....thats still being debated amongst all that know me, so please if nothing else humor me. Progressed venus (my natal ruler) conjunct IC, progressed sun (3 degree orb) conjunct natal mars in 4th, progressed mercury/mars conjunction entering 5th, MC (3 degree orb) conjunction of natal north node, and progressed moon 28th degree of virgo getting ready to enter 12th house; these are some of the aspects that my limited knowledge says may be contributing. If any can shed some light on these aspects or identify some I haven't mentioned I would greatly appreciate. May the universe bless and keep all those that read this!:love:

Attachments

• progressed alex.jpg
    progressed alex.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 37
Also,for the sake of learning please don't hesitate to correct any of my misunderstandings of how to read progressed charts. For example, I mentioned some conjunctions that are within a 3 degree orb- one of which was the sun. With the whole moving the sun a day/degree for a year rule, would a 3 degree orb in progression be irrelavant? Would that be three years before or after- whatever the case- that we would use the conjunction aspect?

Here's the same chart with transits along with the progression and natal, before anyone has to ask. I noticed that it was requested this way on another thread concerning progressions.

Attachments

• progressed alex.jpg
    progressed alex.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 33

miquar

Hi deborahdreamer. I couldn't really see anything in the progressed chart - one degree orbs are normally the widest considered for progressions. Also, while the progressions may have reflected some elements of your experience at, and around, the birth of your Son, the transits would have probably done this in more detail, and furthermore those transits are still with you because your son embodied them in his being when he was born. In other words they are always in the synastry you experience around him. So I'll just focus on the transits/his birth chart as they seem to me to contact your chart. This won't be a systematic look at anything of course, but just what happens to jump out at me.

Two things immediately jump out at me. One is the conjunction of transiting Pluto to the 3rd house Sagittarian Venus. The other is the conjunction of transiting Chiron to the Sun Mercury conjunction in Capricorn in the 3rd, with transiting Saturn opposite all three, and transiting Sun just 2 degrees separating from squaring the opposition of transiting Saturn and transiting Chiron.

Your exact natal opposition between Moon in Scorpio and Chiron in the 8th house perhaps reflects something of your experiences as a Mother, but I'll stay with the transits/synastry because that is closer to what you asked in you post.

Your son's T-square aspecting your Sun Mercury conjunction suggests to me that he is going to teach you a very great deal about that part of yourself. By way of an attempt to summarise the essence of that natal conjunction, I would say that there is a need to find your vital self through alignment with the correct 'law' - a sense that you wholeheartedly embrace whatever you deem to be the appropriate and necessary way of going about things. The law of your own integrity is your goal and it could be that with the birth of your autistic son, transiting Saturn and Chiron somehow forced you to profoundly reconsider your loyalty to the reality from which you had previously operated.

With Mercury conjunct the Sun here, there is a sense that perhaps your goals and values are characterised by the development of mental dexterity. This part of your chart that is particularly strongly activated by your son could be seen as symbolising the Self and mind trapped within a reality - and as transiting Saturn and Chiron contacted your Capricorn conjunction, this manifested in your life through your son's arrival.

I don't know if you already know this but Saturn and Chiron are both associated with wounds, and the processes of living with, and working on, those wounds. One could read the transits to your Sun Mercury as illuminating what in this part of you needs to be examined and healed (Saturn), or if not healed then understood and accepted (Chiron).

I feel like I'm disoriented and struggling to maintain a coherent line of thought here, which might be synchronous with your experiences as the mother of your autistic son.

I suppose basically what I'm trying to say is that the more you can learn about and reflect upon your Sun Mercury conjunction in Capricorn, the more your relationship with your son will become even more a place of flourishing for you both than I'm sure it already is.

And then there's your 3rd house Venus in Sagittarius.

Something that is just occurring to me is that Saturn and Pluto have a great need to be in control when they feel threatened. Therefore, your expressions of your Sun Mercury and Venus have probably had to be curtailed to suit the sensitivities of your son. And a profound understanding of what is truly worth-while and meaningful in life may be gradually arising through this.

Venus in Sagittarius in the 3rd house would ideally like to be exploring much of the time - free to pursue the delights of the realms of knowledge and understanding. But this part of you may trigger an intense reaction from your son, because Pluto symbolises the primal survival instincts. So in this sense your son has great power over your love of knowledge and he is perhaps forcing you to delve deeply into this part of yourself to see what lies at the root of it, since it cannot merely be expressed on a whim and satisfied simply and easily. Venus is particularly important in your chart because it rules your Libra Ascendant.

I've just also noticed that your Sun Mercury are square Jupiter Saturn in your natal chart, which I feel is also very relevant to what you will meet through various parts of your life, including your relationship with your son (whose Sun Saturn Chiron t-square of course aspects this whole Sun Mercury Jupiter Saturn configuration of yours). This configuration I feel should be the starting point in looking at what can blossom in you through your relationship with your son. You might also want to look into how it is generally for people when their Saturns are in square like they are with you and your son - this could be the pivotal contact between you.

If any of this is helpful and you'd like to ask anything else then please feel free. I really feel that your post is a perfect example of trying to make the best possible use of astrology.

I am so mad!!!! I just typed for like an hour-not a good typer- and when I went to post it says "not have permission to perform this action" and erased everything!!!!! This is the 2nd time this has happened so I'm sticking to my first instinct when this happened the first time-type this on word, save then copy/paste. It's kinda ironic bc I was exploring the sun/mercury combustion aspect and what it means for me; that I end up leaving myself with more questions than answers the more I research something- compared to the generic interpretation I've found on the internet that says mercury combustion with the sun leaves one mentally slow, dumb, and unable to communicate bc of any mercurial advancement will be extinguished by the suns energy.

Also, I must apologize, I am spent, mentally to try to re-do since I lost my post that I put so much energy into. I'll try again later when I'm re-charged and have the mental energy for it. Divine intervention? Maybe this occurance sheds more light on this aspect configuration than I can trying to communicate my experience with this aspect.:pinched:

I have found a good artical on this subject that basically concurs with what I was trying to ellaborate on in my lost post. Now lets see if I can figure out how to link it on here. Geez, who knew all this talk about mercury would lead to so much learning!:wink:http://www.astrologyweekly.com/dictionary/combust.php

May I suggest you read the 'welcome to the world of astrology’ and other ---sticky' at the top of this forum? It has some great explanations, links etc. At the top of every forum there are lots of ‘stickys’ which explain matters in that forum, along with guidelines & tips

There is a 'plethora' of information on AW, espec in the 'stickys' at the top of every forum, our Education forum and Recommendations forum to. Plus we have a good search feature,[but not foolproof obviously, so try here first] bit like google using keywords – initially select advanced and try just selecting 'titles' rather than posts or you'll get too many threads. If this doesn’t get results then try google

progressed planets
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=266189&postcount=8

progressed planets/charts are more 'internal' changes, evolvements rather than 'events or external' matters. I don't read prog charts as stand alones it's more important to see where these planets are moving in the natal chart

Your natal chart is like a photograph as unique as your fingerprint, BUT the 10planets in the sky have not stayed where they were in your natal chart, they have all moved. Predictive astrology is mostly maths where those 10planets are now and the mathematical aspects they make to your natal charts ie: 180'=opposition, 90'=square, 60'=sextile and 120'=trine.

So your personality, grows, develops, changes, matures as we get older, this is reflected by your sun sign changing from it's natal position to the next sign along, so does your Asc and MC sign change. In fact from sun to mars especially are important, as the outer planets really don't move much, using a 'day for a year' secondary progressions.

What's the difference between Transits and Progressions?
“Transits are the planets currently orbiting in the sky and the relationships they form to each other and additionally, to your chart. Transits happen for everyone. They're important and effect you personally when they contact a planet or point in your chart. Transits represent outside energy, things happening outside yourself. They describe external events and your responses to them. Progressions, however, move very slowly and are a natural progression of your original birth chart. The events and emotions they describe are part of you, deeply ingrained in your psyche, internal, and psychological. And as they form aspects, these inner feelings start to become more important and central to your life”
http://www.artcharts.com/learn_astrology/progressed.html

If you want to research more into Secondary progressions try here
http://cafeastrology.com/secondaryprogressions.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrological_progression
http://www.aquamoonlight.co.uk/progressions.html
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=67
http://www.khaldea.com/rudhyar/astroarticles/progressionsinastrology.php
http://www.aquamoonlight.co.uk/progressions.html
http://astrolmass.com/progressions.htm
solar arcs & secondary progressions
http://www.kepler.edu/videos/0902SolarArc/Stathis_SolarArc_Feb09.pdf

The most important of progressed planets is of course, sun & moon and then upto mars, as the outer planets hardly move by progression. Now like with transits, solar arcs --- it's what these progressed planets are doing NOW by mathematical aspect to your natal planets and Angles that is ultimately important.

okay so now i'm getting off subject here, but I've been wondering about the aspect of combustion as well as the aspect of one's moon being in the "via combusta" or combust way. I have both of these configurations. they are not to be confused though. to have a planet in combustion means to have a planet in conjunction to the sun, and you can link the artical above to understand this better. having one's moon in the via combusta is concerning the degrees the moon falls in. i am linking an artical below to help explain this better. I also plan to start a new thread (after my son has his computer time)about these aspects in relation to one another, as I have always wondered about the affects when both are present in a chart- and the linked artical touches on the sun/moon relationship and hints that there could be more to be said about this connection. Any thoughts, or have I just left heads (including my own) spinning again?http://www.occult100.com/bos/viacombusta.html

Caprising, goods advices...

You natal chart does have a "grand cross" in it, between the nodes and moon/chiron opposition although the orbs are quite wide, the obvious route around the cross is the sextile and trine from the nodes to that powerful; duo in your 12th house, Saturn and Jupiter. (and what a close conjunction it is). Have you learned to recognise this energy or is it still an obscure part of yourself?

technically nodes, chiron are not considered in aspect configurations. I notice prog mars/mercury moved into 5th house of children. T Uranus in 5th can suggest unusual births, freaky births or even twins..

A50, you are good! For sake of not giving too much info I didn't talk about his pregnancy. The way I knew he was gonna be autistic before he was born, is bc he was a twin. I suffered a miscarriage while pregnant and prayed to God to save the pregnancy even though I was actively misscarrying. When I went back to the hospital the next day the staff were surprised to see that I had a viable healthy fetus where just the previous day they sent me home to miscarry. I feel like God revealed to me that he would be autistic. The medical explaination was that this was a case of a dissappearing twin. Where you conceive twins but one miscarries during the pregnancy, and the other survives and grows. The crazy thing for me about all this is that I had ultrasounds done the previous night at the ER and it never showed more than one fetus, not to mention every generation for the last 6, on my mom's side has had a set of twins and everytime one doesn't survive- minus my great grandfather and his twin brother. I am the first the this type of loss of a twin occured, however, all the rest were still births of one, while the other is now some annoying part of my family:wink:- great uncle, uncle, sister and child.