Ok, here goes...Sharing my music

AtomsInPlace

Hi all,

Inspired by a thread in the Natal astrology forum about indications of musical talent in the natal chart, I thought I would share some of my music...

I rarely share this stuff with anyone, so I'm quite shy about it...

I also can't quite seem to spot indications in my natal chart that point to musical ability, but I was once offered a record contract, which I turned down (motherly duties and stage fright) :unsure:

All of the 19 songs on my channel are written, composed, sung, and produced by myself with glitchy old gear and a webcam LOL

I have no musical background. I taught myself to play guitar at age 27, then began writing songs...I can't read musical notes at all tho :pinched:

Excuse the amateurishness of it all, but in the spirit of "putting myself out there" here are a few of my songs:

This one is one of the soley acoustic pieces:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l2OimfXLuI

And these 2 are a mix of acoustic guitar with some self made synths and drums etc:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CynegPAGZQ8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XnWDlzeA8w

And here's my chart if anyone is interested:

K, I'm off to go hide :ninja: :tongue:

Attachments

• My Chart.gif
    My Chart.gif
    47.6 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

Bina

Wow, I like your songs - amazing! :love::smile:

As for the musical talent, I would think Chiron in Taurus opp. Venus has a lot to do with it, with the trine/sextile to Saturn bringing it down to earth...

Last edited:

Blaze

Account Closed
No need to hide, Atoms, You sound great. The May We song made traveling to work neat. Thanks for sharing.

As for your chart....That Mercury is pretty amazing.

AtomsInPlace

Wow, I like your songs - amazing! :love::smile:

As for the musical talent, I would think Chiron in Taurus opp. Venus has a lot to do with it, with the trine/sextile to Saturn bringing it down to earth...

Hi Bina,

Thank you for your intersting input, yes I can see the logic in your observation of those placements...I also noticed that Neptune is conjunct my IC and so opposite my MC, I wonder if that is also a factor??

Glad you enjoyed the music :love:

AtomsInPlace

No need to hide, Atoms, You sound great. The May We song made traveling to work neat. Thanks for sharing.

As for your chart....That Mercury is pretty amazing.

Hi Blaze :smile:

*Blush* Aw thanks, glad the song added a little neatness to your journey :biggrin:

It is? Would you like to indulge me as to why?

Thank you for your feedback :smile:

Blaze

Account Closed
Hi Blaze :smile:

*Blush* Aw thanks, glad the song added a little neatness to your journey :biggrin:

It is? Would you like to indulge me as to why?

Thank you for your feedback :smile:

Late-ish reply time.

Your Mercury is doing pretty well. Not only is it exalted and Domicile, but it's in the house of its joy, making is a "happy at home" Mercury.

Well, happy but hot. Really hot thanks to that combustion, which is, from what I remember, the only thing wrong with your Mercury.

But....Sun combust ascendant ruler...hmm. If you don't mind me asking, Atoms, how did you fare in School?

AtomsInPlace

Late-ish reply time.

Your Mercury is doing pretty well. Not only is it exalted and Domicile, but it's in the house of its joy, making is a "happy at home" Mercury.

Well, happy but hot. Really hot thanks to that combustion, which is, from what I remember, the only thing wrong with your Mercury.

But....Sun combust ascendant ruler...hmm. If you don't mind me asking, Atoms, how did you fare in School?

Better late-ish than never-ish I say :cool:

Thank you for your reply...

How did I fare in school? Well, I got top grades when I actually decided to apply myself, most of the time I was bored stiff, daydreaming or distracted by observing people's social interactions.

According to my mother I was walking at 8 months, was a fluent conversationalist at age 18 months and was reading books by age 4. Would you believe the teachers told my mother to keep books out of my reach at home, so that I didn't get too far ahead??? :pinched:

But my wandering mind is a bit of an issue for me...

I suck at math too...

Why do you ask?

AppLeo

DUDE, you wrote and played that music?? That's really awesome. The songs sound really great, too!

Like what people said above, it probably has to do with that Mercury.

AtomsInPlace

DUDE, you wrote and played that music?? That's really awesome. The songs sound really great, too!

Like what people said above, it probably has to do with that Mercury.

Indeed I did...

Thank you very much dear :happy:

Hmm perhaps I should get more aquainted with all this Mercury business :cool:

Dubyadude1986

Mercury loves to be on the angles or be in an anoretic degree ( 0 / 29).

Yours is exact your ascendent in Virgo. Virgo rising is ruled by Mercury. Good placement!

Your music is amazing. I didn't read all the way down yet bc I have been in a hurry all month for some reason... But <3 <3 <3!

People with 12th house planets as singletons typically do have hidden talents and gifts they have to learn how to "reveal." vs. being born into something or being discovered when you're under 10.

Last edited:

AtomsInPlace

Mercury loves to be on the angles or be in an anoretic degree ( 0 / 29).

Yours is exact your ascendent in Virgo. Virgo rising is ruled by Mercury. Good placement!

Your music is amazing. I didn't read all the way down yet bc I have been in a hurry all month for some reason... But <3 <3 <3!

People with 12th house planets as singletons typically do have hidden talents and gifts they have to learn how to "reveal." vs. being born into something or being discovered when you're under 10.

Hi Dubyadude1986 :smile:

Thank you for your feedback...

I'm having fun learning more about Mercury...I didn't think about Mercury influcencing musicality, but I guess it makes sense considering it's the planet of communication and a messenger.

Interesting that you mention the 12th house...I wonder if Leo on the 12th cusp also has some influence on my music (I have before referred to myself as a closet musician) LOL

I kind of just put the songs up there and abandoned my channel after a while...I didn't promote myself at all or share my music via any socia media etc, so my modest amount of views and number of subscribers is a result of people randomly finding me in the all the chaos and then sharing with a few others who might appreciate my (somewhat odd) music...

And that suited me just fine hehe...

Last edited:

AtomsInPlace

So I was doing a bit of research into the meaning of the different degrees of the planet in signs, specifically looking at (my) Mercury at 16 deg Virgo and I found this gem of a site by Ellias Lonsdale:

http://aquaorfire.net/astrology/inside_degrees/inside_degrees.html

Here's a snippet of Virgo 16Deg

"The intention is to gather the best, to do the right thing, to be exemplary. But somewhere along the line this energy runs out, and there slips in its shadow which runs wild. Creating your own troubles, cleaning up after yourself. Being at the mercy of a fatal dualism that splits you terribly[...]"

Sooo uncanny, a line from my song "Human" that I wrote years ago,:

"and the duality of this reality can take a toll on me, so forgive me if I seem feeble at the seams"

I will also post this link in the recommendations forum.

SimonG

Hi Bina,

Thank you for your intersting input, yes I can see the logic in your observation of those placements...I also noticed that Neptune is conjunct my IC and so opposite my MC, I wonder if that is also a factor??

Hi, a friendly user @jupiterasc kindly linked your thread for my question on singers. I'm currently studying some 150 charts and yours fits into the profile with MC/Neptune/Saturn T-Square (close enough) and having Pluto in the 2nd, in sextile with Neptune. The whole combination might deliver a plutonian, soulful resource to your performance. According to my current stage of this study, there is no single aspect or placement for one celestial body common to all the singers, but there's quite propable significance of combinations correlating. A care to mention that already, even that my study is still ongoing. Even more singer charts yet needed, thanks for sharing yours :) If I focused ob your singing career in an interpretation, I'd pay close attention to Saturn as the driving force and Pluto as the resource for your talents. Not forgetting that other T-square you have, pushing you towards your limits. Have a great day!

Bina

Hi Bina,

Yes, Neptune often influences art and especially music. :smile: Perhaps being on your IC makes you hide your talents?
Neptune also closely squares your Asc and Mercury, giving a mystical touch to your lyrics.

Last edited:

AtomsInPlace

Hi, a friendly user @jupiterasc kindly linked your thread for my question on singers. I'm currently studying some 150 charts and yours fits into the profile with MC/Neptune/Saturn T-Square (close enough) and having Pluto in the 2nd, in sextile with Neptune. The whole combination might deliver a plutonian, soulful resource to your performance. According to my current stage of this study, there is no single aspect or placement for one celestial body common to all the singers, but there's quite propable significance of combinations correlating. A care to mention that already, even that my study is still ongoing. Even more singer charts yet needed, thanks for sharing yours :) If I focused ob your singing career in an interpretation, I'd pay close attention to Saturn as the driving force and Pluto as the resource for your talents. Not forgetting that other T-square you have, pushing you towards your limits. Have a great day!

Hi SimonG :smile:

Thank you for your feedback and I'm happy to be a part of your research...

I can certainly relate to your interpretations. Actually as a fun little bit of research of my own, after sharing my music and thinking astrologically about it, I began to read through the comments to see if there were any repeated key words or sentiments that popped up with regards to describing the music or affect it had on listeners...

Many of those consistent keywords were indeed Plutonian, with a good measure of Uranian adjectives mixed in :lol:

Last edited:

AtomsInPlace

That's odd, I just got a notification that a member called Chris10 had posted here, and when I tried to reply I find that the post from said member has disappeared...

Is there a glitch in the system?

chris10

That's odd, I just got a notification that a member called Chris10 had posted here, and when I tried to reply I find that the post from said member has disappeared...

Is there a glitch in the system?
It's not the system. I just deleted it. I had posted it yesterday, and re reading it a while ago I found it mushy :annoyed:

It's weird though that you got a notification now since I posted it about 20 hours ago and the notification system was fixed (according to pwadm) 11- 12 hours ago :andy: I guess we'll be getting delayed email notifications :lol:

Anyway. I loved 'May We'' very, very touching !!!