scorpio and emotions

tee_jay66

Im interested in having some feedback from people with scorpio sun, moon, venus, and also to some extent, venus/pluto aspects in their natal chart.

Why cant scorpio nature show feelings and emotions openly? Scorpio is emotionally intense, brooding, deeply passionate and emotional by way of fixed water, so why cant they express their innermost needs and feelings?
I find they are shut down emotionally and need to be in control of their feelings......almost like you can never get to know the real person......

Ive tried again and again to get scorpio to open up......its nearby impossible.....how infuriating...Im leo sun by the way :biggrin:

wilsontc

Staff member
it's their nature, to tee_jay

tee_jay,

You asked:
Im interested in having some feedback from people with scorpio [planets].

Why cant scorpio nature show feelings and emotions openly? Scorpio is emotionally intense, brooding, deeply passionate and emotional by way of fixed water, so why cant they express their innermost needs and feelings?
I find they are shut down emotionally and need to be in control of their feelings...

Ive tried again and again to get scorpio to open up......its nearby impossible.....how infuriating...Im leo sun

Scorpio energy is about Emotional Security. The goal is to be emotionally secure and that means a need to be in control of things, especially their feelings. So Scorpio energy can't show feelings and emotions openly because it's not the Scorpio nature to do that.

Leo energy is about Identity Security. The goal is to be secure with who and what you are and that means a need to "put yourself out there" in front of others and showing that you are secure in yourself. Leo energy can't hide it's feelings and emotions since it's not the Leo nature to do that.

Expecting Scorpio energy to be the same as Leo energy is (in your words) "impossible"! ;)

Impossibly,

Tim

Tamara

Tim, you`re absolutely right. BTW i have scorpio asc conj pluto and scorpio moon. to open up emotionally scorpio needs to trust the person without any doubt and generally it`s impossible. tim allready said everything i`ll just add a little advice, don`t force scorpio to open up, if he/she doesn`t do it, it means he/she doesn`t feel himself secure enough to do so, you just prove with your actions that you`re the person who can be trusted. scorpios usually don`t trust people with superficiall approach to things.

tee_jay66

thanks for both replies its food for thought. If it isin't the 'scorpio' way to 'open up' and express themselves how do they do it?....or, how do they make themselves understood to another who is more open?

LittleMiss

My mum and my best friend have scorpio sun and moon, so I'm quite familiar to the subject. (I'm a pisces sun and mercury). I have really open, emotional and honest contact with both of them.
Starting to think about it now, I think we communicate alot without words and gestures. I know them so well, and know what they are feeling. I'm seensing the small changes in their tone of voice, or the subtle changes in how they act. And scorpios have really intense feelings, so I feel what they feel, and they know that I do. They don't need those grand gestures or big words to express themselfs (to me atleast). It's enough with those few words and things they do, and say...

Arijana

Im interested in having some feedback from people with scorpio sun, moon, venus, and also to some extent, venus/pluto aspects in their natal chart.

I find they are shut down emotionally and need to be in control of their feelings......almost like you can never get to know the real person......

Ive tried again and again to get scorpio to open up......its nearby impossible.....how infuriating...Im leo sun by the way :biggrin:

.....the shutting down not at ALL like me.

I'm a pisces/scorpio with pluto in scorpio in my first house, and lilith in sco in the 1st house and both on my ASC and I also have some other things in my chart really giving streinght to my scorpio. I am not at all secretive,well,in a way- but I'm a very big fatalist , either with me-or against me, when hurt I take revenge,when you've hurt me-youve betrayed me, I'm the '' I hate you get away I swar I'll take a knife and drive it threw your chest and kill you,no wait,I didn't mean it I love you to death don't go, wait,youre leaving me,now youre my enemu '' etc, I've had outbursts,I've lashed out and tried to strangle a person once out of rage...so yeah,I may not be the best example,but I'm very fatalist,...but I'd give my life for the one I'd love-and when I love- I accept every flaw,every fault,no exeptions..that can also be dangerous,since can I forgive and fight for someone who doens't deserve it...so it's always all the way-either way.

my mother has I think Moon and Venus in scorpio,and she once attacked her ex-boyfriend with a knife so... defnitaley scorpios,true scorpios are very intense,but of course you have to have lots of things that give power to your sco in your natal chart,just having a moon or venus in there doesn't make you strong if thta's all you got.

Last edited:

Arijana

To add-true scorpios-when they really,really truly love someone-they can never harm them.And I'm like that,I can say terrible things,but deep down I'd rather do harm to myself than ever make them hurt.

forever

i have sun, mercury and venus retrograde and pluto in scorpio..

i can share some of my feelings but not the deepest one..why? well mostly because i can't even discribe what am i actually feeling, my emotions are often confused and strong, and on the other hand i don't want anyone to know my exact feelings because i don't want to get hurt..only when i have confidence in someone i can open a little bit, but just a little bit...scorpio people tend to look like they are very strong, but they are not so strong as they seem..we have a lot of strenght inside, but mostly when you see under the surface you realize that we are very emotional, very very emotional..

for example, when i'm happy i have so much energy that everything i want to do seems possible and everyone around me feels good..but when i'm down i usually lock myself in my house and don't leave anywhere before i feel better and everyone who is near me in my bad days often runs away..there is a lot of energy around scorpio people and our emotions are strong like we are in 7th heaven or we feel like everything good in the world has gone..

like arijana said...no one loves you like scorpio but if you betray us that will probably be the last thing you did.. :)))

well not me...i say a lot of things but i don't really do anything to revenge..just suffer inside..

Last edited:

Arijana

.scorpio people tend to look like they are very strong, but they are not so strong as they seem..we have a lot of strenght inside, but mostly when you see under the surface you realize that we are very emotional, very very emotional..

indeed :) emotions are both the strongest and most weak point of scorpios :)

they are the strongest sign in the zodiac I belive, the wost weak and most strong at the same time :)

only thing is,when you betray us,we act strong and proud when inside....we cry more than you'll ever know, but it's the wish for vengance and hate that can fuel a scorpio,all the sadness just trasnforms into that...which of course does not mean it is there,the hurt is very deep.

I'll write more about my experience, but I'm kind of weary now..

I'd only add the perfect example of how a very very intense scorpio can love is that telenovela Rubi ( don't know who watched it here )..

forever

yes arijana, we act very proud but in the same time we cry so much but no one know that, and no one will ever see.. but our pain only lasts day maybe two and it's like it never happened, we feel great and full of energy to start over..but we never forget..for example i will show edward's or jacob's love for bella from the twilight saga..that's the way i would desrcibe my feelings for someone...deep, passionate, carring, jelaous, possesive, over-protective, and love to death..and beyond..:)

tee_jay66

My mum and my best friend have scorpio sun and moon, so I'm quite familiar to the subject. (I'm a pisces sun and mercury). I have really open, emotional and honest contact with both of them.
Starting to think about it now, I think we communicate alot without words and gestures. I know them so well, and know what they are feeling. I'm seensing the small changes in their tone of voice, or the subtle changes in how they act. And scorpios have really intense feelings, so I feel what they feel, and they know that I do. They don't need those grand gestures or big words to express themselfs (to me atleast). It's enough with those few words and things they do, and say...

Yes, I can see that, especially with what they 'do' rather than what they say. I suppose because Im having a hard time with some scorpios in my life right now, Im feeling a little frustrated, though I didnt mean to offend or be negative about the way they express themselves and I apologise to everyone. I suppose Im just a little suspicious of their lack of communication with me....and I take this as manipulation sometimes or the fact that they try to gather as much information out of me as possible but then shut down when I want the same feedback from them.....(ex partner, son and best friend...all heavy scorpio energies)

tee_jay66

.....the shutting down not at ALL like me.

I'm a pisces/scorpio with pluto in scorpio in my first house, and lilith in sco in the 1st house and both on my ASC and I also have some other things in my chart really giving streinght to my scorpio. I am not at all secretive,well,in a way- but I'm a very big fatalist , either with me-or against me, when hurt I take revenge,when you've hurt me-youve betrayed me, I'm the '' I hate you get away I swar I'll take a knife and drive it threw your chest and kill you,no wait,I didn't mean it I love you to death don't go, wait,youre leaving me,now youre my enemu '' etc, I've had outbursts,I've lashed out and tried to strangle a person once out of rage...so yeah,I may not be the best example,but I'm very fatalist,...but I'd give my life for the one I'd love-and when I love- I accept every flaw,every fault,no exeptions..that can also be dangerous,since can I forgive and fight for someone who doens't deserve it...so it's always all the way-either way.

thanks for sharing that....that was interesting reading. My ex partner, scorpio sun and moon attacked me once but at the same time just wouldnt give up on the relationship. My best friend (scorpio sun and moon) can be so cruel with words, like really cutting and very revengeful, but at the same time loves me to death so I cant breathe sometimes and its difficult to sever ties with the friendship.......I know where youre coming from

my mother has I think Moon and Venus in scorpio,and she once attacked her ex-boyfriend with a knife so... defnitaley scorpios,true scorpios are very intense,but of course you have to have lots of things that give power to your sco in your natal chart,just having a moon or venus in there doesn't make you strong if thta's all you got.

yes , thanks for sharing that it was very interesting reading. My ex partner, (sun and moon scorpio) once attacked me quite violently but at the same time just wouldnt leave me alone or give up on me.....My best friend (sun and moon in scorpio), can be very cutting with words and revengeful and secretive but at the same time loves me to death and its difficult for me to sever the friendship ties if it all becomes to much for me.............

forever

well my older brother has sun in leo and he is great brother..younger brother has sun in scorpio and sometimes we argue..my parents went crazy becausse of us two..the biggest problem is that we are very much alike :D but of course i love him so much too

LittleMiss

Yes, I can see that, especially with what they 'do' rather than what they say. I suppose because Im having a hard time with some scorpios in my life right now, Im feeling a little frustrated, though I didnt mean to offend or be negative about the way they express themselves and I apologise to everyone. I suppose Im just a little suspicious of their lack of communication with me....and I take this as manipulation sometimes or the fact that they try to gather as much information out of me as possible but then shut down when I want the same feedback from them.....(ex partner, son and best friend...all heavy scorpio energies)

No need to apologise. I can understand your frustration!

I'm often recieving a cold harsh "You need to face reality" respons to my emotional problems, from my close scorpionic friends/family-members. And that also is very hard to deal with beeing a vunerable, much "softer" type of person...
They do express themselvs in a cold hard manner sometimes, but I think its good to remind ourself that they do this in attemt to try to protect themself (and us) from pain and hurt...? But try to be honest about how you feel, they do understand other peoples feelings, so try to explain how this make you feel...?

Last edited:

Horus

Why cant scorpio nature show feelings and emotions openly?

Welllllll.... it really depends on the houses and other planets involved. I have Sun, Mercury, Venus, Jupiter and Neptune all in Scorpio but most of this is in a social house -the 11th and I have a Sag. ASC and Moon which tends to make me blunt, honest and straight forward. In otherwords, even though I am a Scorpio to the max, I have no problems or reservations in sharing my thoughts or feelings. If my stellium was in the 12th then it might be different....

I get on with Leos fairly well because of my fire moon and asc. and some of my best friends are Leos, but I won't date one unless they have a Scorpio Moon! :wink:

The real pitfall and hard lessons for Scorpios -esp. Venus in Scorpio- is jealousy, possessiveness, vindictiveness, and confusing their intense desire and passion for someone with true love -which has nothing to do with having one's cravings fulfilled!

Last edited:

tee_jay66

Welllllll.... it really depends on the houses and other planets involved. I have Sun, Mercury, Venus, Jupiter and Neptune all in Scorpio but most of this is in a social house -the 11th and I have a Sag. ASC and Moon which tends to make me blunt, honest and straight forward. In otherwords, even though I am a Scorpio to the max, I have no problems or reservations in sharing my thoughts or feelings. If my stellium was in the 12th then it might be different....

I get on with Leos fairly well because of my fire moon and asc. and some of my best friends are Leos, but I won't date one unless they have a Scorpio Moon! :wink:

The real pitfall and hard lessons for Scorpios -esp. Venus in Scorpio- is jealousy, possessiveness, vindictiveness, and confusing their intense desire and passion for someone with true love -which has nothing to do with having one's cravings fulfilled!

mmmmm Im not sure thats worked out from my experience. My best friends scorpio planets are in the 9th house and he also has two personal planets in sagittarius, but still secretive, closed and reserved person, very scorpio.

My son has sun and asc in scorpio conjunct venus in saggitarius,, but he has no open way about him and his personal planets are in aries and sagittarius :andy:

Last edited:

Horus

mmmmm Im not sure thats worked out from my experience. My best friends scorpio planets are in the 9th house and he also has two personal planets in sagittarius, but still secretive, closed and reserved person, very scorpio.

My son has sun and asc in scorpio conjunct venus in saggitarius,, but he has no open way about him and his personal planets are in aries and sagittarius :andy:

A rising sign (persona) is always going to make more of a difference than say Mars in Sag., and a natal chart only reveals the hand dealt -not how it was played. Astrology aside, the values taught (or not taught) in upbringing, and events during one's life which may have made one more or less trusting (like being betrayed multiple times) will impact disposition and behavior too.

asteroid

I have mars , jupiter in scorpio in 3rd house and moon in 8th house of scorpio.
My scorpio energy is focused on thinking. I tend to hide my inner thoughts end plans especially those witch are related to goals and ambitions.

Emotionally i usally hide my intentions and keep things for myself trying to read others state first. I show my likes and dislikes but not my real intentions.

My husband who is an original scorpio i can say that opened himself to me immidiately from the very begining of our relationship and that happened from the first time in his whole life. I think it is just a matter of trust. Every scorpio craves for emotional attachment and romance and needs to find the one and only to reveal his/her inner world:love:

Vista

I recently broke up with a Scorpio who had Sun, Mer, Ven, and Neptune all conjunct in Scorpio in the 12th house. No picnic for sure! He was extremely secretive, controlling, passive aggressive, not very communicative, and temperamental. He had a Sag ASC and Capricorn Moon, so I think that might have helped with controlling his emotional side. He definitely likes the chase and can shut down emotionally it seems very easily. he was very different than anyone I have ever dated before. I find Scorpio's to have a sexual magnetism that other signs don't have. He was no exception...not all that traditionally attractive and had a belly, but he could attract very beautiful accomplished women to him. I also think that when a Scorpio really, really loves someone, they have a very difficult time moving on...but of course you wouldn't know it as it's hidden in the 12th house!

Horus

I recently broke up with a Scorpio who had Sun, Mer, Ven, and Neptune all conjunct in Scorpio in the 12th house. No picnic for sure!

my point exactly

He had a Sag ASC and Capricorn Moon, so I think that might have helped with controlling his emotional side.

Moon is about needs and Cap -organization and control -making Scorpio control issues worse!