Relocated Saturn conjunct the Ascendant...

ethertwist

I've been toying with the idea (more like daydreaming at this point) of moving across country from L.A. to NYC., but in doing so, my natal Saturn (and North Node) are conjunct the Ascendant. I would suspect this indicates that I could encounter potential challenges and restrictions in this region, which wouldn't make it the most auspicious or buoyant move I could make. I like that my natal Mars becomes angular and that the Sun moves out of the 12th, although it would then move to the house of its detriment (11th). Neptune placed in the 4th could possibly hint at overidealizing this location? Does the fact that my North Node also conjuncts the Ascendant mitigate some of the more sobering effects of Saturn because living there could possibly contribute to my development in some way?

I would love to read some other people's experiences of Saturn in relocation, especially if it has moved to an angle in your relocated chart and how that played out for you. Also, I appreciate any and all feedback whether you think this is a move I should consider or one I should forget about. Thank you kindly!

Natal, relocation:

Attachments

• mechart.jpg
    mechart.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 37
  • nycrelocationchart.jpg
    nycrelocationchart.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 46

GeraniumSA

I can't think that this would be a favorable move for you. Your sun is in Cancer and I don't see your Saturn as being particularly strong in your chart.
While you would probably make money, because Saturn is in your natal second house, I don't see you being able to enjoy living there because of the career emphasis (Mars in 10th) and a wishing for home (Neptune in 4th).
I'm thinking that since Saturn is a winter planet and NYC is known for it's winters, that this would be the stumbling block that would bother you.

ethertwist

I can't think that this would be a favorable move for you. Your sun is in Cancer and I don't see your Saturn as being particularly strong in your chart.
While you would probably make money, because Saturn is in your natal second house, I don't see you being able to enjoy living there because of the career emphasis (Mars in 10th) and a wishing for home (Neptune in 4th).
I'm thinking that since Saturn is a winter planet and NYC is known for it's winters, that this would be the stumbling block that would bother you.

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond! You've given me quite a bit to think about and your observations seem very plausible. There really does seem to be a heavy "work" tone to the relocated chart, although I like that Venus has moved into a more social house (11). The weather would definitely be a major point of adjustment for me considering I'm coming from a largely warm climate without a lot of seasonal variances.

Much appreciation!
:smile:

toxix

I moved to a city where saturn was directly on my descendant. Lived there for 3 years, and all I have to say is.. worst place ever. Lack of self confidence, miserable in relationships, awkward socially, everybody thought I was uptight when I was just being myself, hated hanging around other people unless if it was for a practical purpose, too serious. etc.

Though.. there were some positives, taking life more seriously, harder working, got your **** together.. etc.

Since then, I've moved back to my home city (300km north) and saturn's shifted off the descendent directly to a 4-5 degree conjunction into the 6th.. and my sun trines the ascendant. and all I gotta say.. is I'm waaaaaaaaaay happier. :)

ethertwist

I moved to a city where saturn was directly on my descendant. Lived there for 3 years, and all I have to say is.. worst place ever. Lack of self confidence, miserable in relationships, awkward socially, everybody thought I was uptight when I was just being myself, hated hanging around other people unless if it was for a practical purpose, too serious. etc.

Though.. there were some positives, taking life more seriously, harder working, got your **** together.. etc.

Since then, I've moved back to my home city (300km north) and saturn's shifted off the descendent directly to a 4-5 degree conjunction into the 6th.. and my sun trines the ascendant. and all I gotta say.. is I'm waaaaaaaaaay happier. :)

Yikes! That definitely doesn't sound like much fun was had in those years spent in that relocated region. Was there any other transits happening to you at that time that could have predisposed you to difficulties with relating to others or establishing new social connections like Saturn transiting your 1st, 5th, 7th, or 11th houses?

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences. It's interesting to see how literal an experience of Saturn relocated to an angle can manifest. :smile:

toxix

Yikes! That definitely doesn't sound like much fun was had in those years spent in that relocated region. Was there any other transits happening to you at that time that could have predisposed you to difficulties with relating to others or establishing new social connections like Saturn transiting your 1st, 5th, 7th, or 11th houses?

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences. It's interesting to see how literal an experience of Saturn relocated to an angle can manifest. :smile:

Yeah! saturn was also going thru the 5th at the time.. hmm.