Hello everybody!!!

Yuri

I am Yuri, from Russia, Moscow.
Came across your forum and decided to participate despite my awful English (hope it's not so bad?).
Interested in horary analysing, exchanging views of real charts.
icon7.gif

Do I have a permission?
What is a tag? Yuri

Jesse Booth

Hi, Yuri!

At first I thought it was funny that you didn't know what a tag was.:w00t: Then I realized I didn't know what tags were either. Seriously, do any of you know what the tags are actually for?:sad:

Your english isn't very bad at all. Yes, you have permission. I don't know what the permission is for, but you have it.

Oh, and welcome to the forum.:D

Forum Member

Re: Hi, Yuri!

Seriously, do any of you know what the tags are actually for?:sad:

Yeah tags are like meta tags , the forum is the search engine and the threads are the webpages , sorry if this explanation is a bit vague. My head is killing me right now , I went to bed at 4 waiting for this torrent to download and it still hasn't finished , why torrent ? why did you do that to me ? I don't mind seeding afterwards , at least then the others won't have to suffer like me. Seriously though two days just for one file . . .

Yuri said:
Do I have a permission?

Of course you have permission , anyone can attempt to read a chart regardless of their experience. This forum is for all types of astrologers , beginners , professionals and everyone in between.

Yuri

Ok. If a tag is the reason of a torrent, it's not very funny. Funny, but not very.

Earlier I thought a tag was a piece of paper with a noun on it. In any case, all my dictionaries say so.

Thanks for your permission! I hope I will do nothing bad.

Forum Member

Tags and torrents are separate. Did you want to find the literal meaning of tag or what tags are used for on the forum ?

As long as you follow the rules you can't go wrong , if you make a mistake when reading a chart you'll only learn from it and get better in the process.

Forum Member

Jesse Booth said:
Great, now I don't know what tags are for or what torrents are

My explanation wasn't very good right ? was it the jargon that got you ?. I'll try to explain it in a different way , tags are basically like subjects or categories. For example a thread with the title "I'm going to tie the knot soon" could have marriage / relationship as a tag or both. In other words tags give you an idea of what the thread is about. Some people will search the forum with tags if they're only interested in a particular topic. How was that ?

You don't need to know what torrents are . . . they're aren't exactly legal but I can explain them to you if you want . . .