Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Horary Astrology > Career-related Horary Questions

Career-related Horary Questions For horary questions related to career, jobs, vocational issues.

Unread 03-21-2007, 10:15 PM

Question about music business career

Hi all! I am new to horary astrology and I find it fascinating. I would like to learn more about it so I thought I'd post my own question and see what I learn from this. I don't know many rules yet, but I will give it my best try and I would love your input.

I have been sick for a long time but have always dreamed of being a singer and songwriter. Hopefully I will be on the path to wellness soon (I'm having surgery on Friday). You may not think this is a good time to worry about this, but I need some hope to get me through this difficult time. I feel something good is on its way. I have been writing and performing since I was a small child. It always got me through the rough times and honestly I can't imagine doing anything else with my life. So I asked...

Will I have success as a singer and songwriter?
on March 19,2007
5:25 PM Eastern Standard Daylight savings
Philadelphia,PA

I have the chart here below. I couldn't fit all of my question in the question box so you know I shortened it just to show the chart.
It is a virgo asc with mercury in it's sign of detriment pisces but it is in its own house the 6th. Interesting...but I don't know what to make of it. Mercury does rule the MC too...which looks good to me. The moon is in aries in the 8th...I have a moon-pluto conj in my natal, so does that describe me? It quincunxes the asc so I'm thinking maybe that is indicative of my current situation. Jupiter and venus are in their own signs which sounds good and the part of fortune is in the first house. Do the nodes have anything to do in horary charts? In this case the SN is in the first,unsure what that means. I hope I didn't flop at this too much. It is my first try. I would be really interested in what anyone might have to say. This is my life's dream . Thanks! Ladylake
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...e9/horary1.gif

Last edited by Ladylake; 03-21-2007 at 10:18 PM.
Unread 03-22-2007, 12:57 AM

Re: Question about music business career

I forgot to add in my first post that I would actually like to get together with a band and if there are any indications there about that. There is a 7th house involvement here, but again I'm a newbie and unsure how to interpret that. Thanks, Ladylake
Unread 03-27-2007, 06:10 PM

Hello everyone,
I had my surgery and it was a success. I'm feeling better everyday, still very fuzzy though as it was major surgery. I probably shouldn't be worrying about this right now,I'm really not...just sick of laying around. This chart is confusing me,since mercury is in detriment here, but rules the MC, which is where I need to be concerned with right? Or is it the 11th house(hopes and dreams)?

I read Radu's article about finding the sabian symbol of the antiscion degree of the house cusps using Regiomontanus. I hope I worded that right, sorry my heads not all there . Anyway I did just that and I got a very interesting answer...not sure what it means lol. I used the MC in this case. I was hoping someone could help me out with this, I am new with using sabian symbols.

If I did this right I got... 25 degress Cancer- A Leader of Men Wrapped in an Invisible Mantle of Power.

As I understand there are positive and negatives in each of these symbols. From what I have read the negative to this one deals with megalomania, thinking you are more important than what you are. I can rule that out right now and say that's far from the case. Besides my health issues I've dealt with terrible self confidence issues (this is where my venus-saturn opposition speaks for itself-lol). I am interested in what this means, since Radu has a lot of success with this. Thanks and sorry for being such a bother. Take Care, Ladylake

I am editing this to ask...was this the wrong question I asked to begin with since I would like to get with a band? Should I have asked-Will I have success as a singer in a band? How long should I wait to ask? Thank you.

Last edited by Ladylake; 03-30-2007 at 09:50 PM.
Unread 04-04-2007, 09:40 PM

Hi Ladylake,

Sorry about the delay in getting to your post here; I didn't want to take on this chart until after your surgery, just as a precaution! But there's nothing worse than feeling like you're talking to yourself on a public forum!

I've had a look at your chart again, and it's ... odd. I am wondering if it wouldn't be better for you to re-formulate your question and ask again with a new date/time; not because the chart is *bad*, but the chart, from what I can read, doesn't quite *work* somehow. It is showing anxiety about your then-upcoming surgery (your ruler, Mercury, in detriment, in the 6th house of health; the Moon in the 8th house: anxious and full of fear; the 6th house ruler, Saturn, detrimented and retrograde in the 12th house of confinement and hospitals with the Moon applying by trine). It doesn't really show *anything* about music from what I can gather, except that your ruler Mercury applies by sextile to 9th (dreams and visions) ruler Venus! When I try to read it for 'musician' things, it keeps pointing me back to your health issue at the time of asking. Since you were asking this question as a way to have hope, I didn't feel it would be helpful for me to tell you this at the time. I hope you will understand my reasoning!

I can't offer any help with the Sabian symbols. They're too esoteric for my meat-and-potatoes horary interpretations!

So if you want to have a re-think about your question, by all means, do so, and I (and hopefully, others) will be happy to help. It's important to ensure that you are asking *exactly* what it is you want to know; and if you are asking about a band there needs to be some 'energy' already being put into finding one. If you want to know about success as a songwriter, you need to already be working on this (writing songs, seeking an agent or gigs and the like) and have a clear idea of what 'success' is to you. Financial? Emotional? Fame? In other words, try to avoid asking about 'hypotheticals' as they are about as plausible as me asking, 'If I buy a lottery ticket next Tuesday will I win it big?' I wish it were the case because man, I'd be a millionairess by now! But horary will give you a much clearer answer if you already have that ticket in your hand when you ask, if you see what I mean.

I hope this is helpful, and I hope your continuing recovery is successful and swift!

Best wishes,
AG

Last edited by archergirl; 04-04-2007 at 09:52 PM.
Unread 04-05-2007, 05:52 AM

Thank you so much Archergirl for your reply! What a relief lol. I totally understand your reasoning for why you waited to respond. I saw the health issues too in the chart and wondered if it was the right time after I saw it. I will reask my question soon but like you said I need to be going more in the music direction. I am writing and singing around the house but right now mainly I am just concentrating on my recovery and trying to get my life back after being ill for so long. I need to get with a good proper vocal coach but this will be in few months time, so I guess I will reask then. Hopefully by then it will be more of a serious thing. Maybe vocational astrology can help me at this time, too. Through this whole thing though, I did find out I really like horary astrology and I want to learn more.

How often can you ask a horary question, I mean if they are not the same question? About a week ago I asked a question about my life's purpose and I'm not sure if it was a good qustion to ask. Do you need to be very specific or can you ask questions like,"What is my life's purpose"? I got an interesting answer but a late ascendant of 29 degrees leo,which happens to be my NN in my natal chart. I was just wondering what that means.

Anyway, thank you again for your help and your well wishes!
Take care,
Ladylake

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Last edited by Ladylake; 04-05-2007 at 06:03 AM.
Unread 04-05-2007, 08:01 AM

LL,

Just a thought and not really horary. Singing could be very good therapy for your surgery as it is a throat area issue. So keep in mind when wording the question.

L&L
Flea
Unread 04-05-2007, 05:26 PM

Hi Ladylake,

I think the best time to ask a horary question, and this applies to *any* situation, is when there is a real *need* to know; this gives the chart an energy that for some reason makes the chart very clear and easy to read. It is trickier with things like 'vocational horary', if there is such a thing , because it describes an ongoing process of development. I would recommend that you wait until your recovery is complete and you are making moves toward 'living your dream' before asking again. Horary charts are pragmatic. Some horarists will ask/answer these, 'what should I do with my life' types of questions, and probably find satisfactory answers. I'm old-fashioned and prefer horary as a tool to help with decisions already in the pipeline, as I believe very strongly in self-examination and understanding to help answer the 'bigger' questions.

Vocational astrology, however, would be an excellent idea! There are others on this site who are very adept at this branch, and it's certainly worth pursuing this line of inquiry, if you are having doubts. If I had done vocational astrology when I was young, it would have saved me years of zig-zagging across the planet and through different careers! But in the end, I think much of anyone's success lies not in what a natal chart says, but how much effort and drive one has to make things happen. But I have Pluto sextile my Scorpio midheaven, so I *would* say that! As Captain Picard says: "Make it so!". If you want to be a singer/songwriter, then be one! Yay!

To the 29-degree ascendant: you can still read charts with late ascendants, with a bit of caution. I view these as 'things are already set into motion' answers, most of the time. Since your NN *describes* your life path and your dharma in this lifetime, it might make sense that this chart has those degrees when asking about your life path! The chart may be saying, 'You already know what the answer is.' Listen to your inner voice; it can tell you so much, if you're willing to listen!

Best wishes,
AG

Last edited by archergirl; 04-05-2007 at 06:53 PM.
Unread 04-05-2007, 09:51 PM

Hi Flea and Archergirl!

Thanks for both of your responses. Great food for thought.

Flea, I've really been concentrating on my throat chakra and anything related to it. I'm using my crystals to help me in this area and I just got a few more today, so hopefully they will help with the healing and maybe provide some inspiration. I've got my vocal exercises DVD and I think it all is positive for me. Music is the greatest healer for body, mind, and soul.

Archergirl, I'm going to check out vocational astrology for the time being with this and see where I can go from there. I have seen there are people on this forum that are very helpful in this area. I do believe this is my life path. I cannot see myself doing anything else. As a scorpio rising I definately have the drive . I know I have it within myself, so I guess that's why I got the late ascendant. I *do* know my life path. The chart also had a Taurus midheaven with venus in Taurus in the 9th house very close by. It felt like it was leading the chart in a way. However the sun, representing me, was in the 8th house. I'm thinking maybe it signifies my *death* and rebirth. I hope that's not too far off. Anyway,thanks for responding to my post. I can't wait to reask my question lol. I hope there's a better chart waiting for me somewhere in the future .
Blessings,
Ladylake

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Unread 04-05-2007, 11:15 PM

Location: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales

Hi

I just think that the question is odd. it is 2 questions in one
you can be a great singer but horrible writer and vice versa

you can kill 2 birds with one stone.. Just ask
Will i see success in music industry

here is interesting part of the article from http://www.thezodiac.com/faqhorary.htm
Q. I've heard that phrasing a Horary question can be difficult and is very important?

A. Yes, the phrasing of a Horary question is very important. Don't be lazy and/or haphazard when wording your question! What means that that you need to be very specific and wordsmith your question very carefully. Like all Oracles, the Horary Oracle can be more than a wee bit playful and naughty in that it will only answer the specific question that is asked. The Horary's answer depends upon you knowing the exact question that you honestly wish to ask, and then astrologer understanding the question being asked. The Oracle of Horary's answer will only be as straightforward as you were in the asking and wording of the question. Only by asking the real question that's on your mind will you get the real answer. Being as specific as possible about the real question and your real motives is vitally important.

One example of carefully wording and phrasing your question is that of: "Should I pursue a career in ________." First of all, horary needs to know if this is the career path that you are currently pursuing. Then questioner beware... even if you receive an answer of yes to this question of "should I" - then receiving a yes may only mean that this is the career path you should continue on at this time. The specific reason as to why you should pursue this career could be any number of things. Who knows? Maybe by continuing on this career path, you'll end up meeting your husband or there may be some other significant reason why you should be pursuing this career path.

The bottom line is that when asking this question with a "should I"... you may not be successful in pursuing the asked about career, but for some unknown reason it is the path that you should continue on at this time. Again, like all Oracles, the Horary Oracle can be a wee bit playful and naughty in that it will only answer the specific question that is asked. Now before I've completely turned you off from asking a "should I" question, I personally prefer - whenever possible - to ask my Horary questions by using the phrase "should I," rather than "will I." Why? Okay, I'll tell you...

Staying In Alignment With Your Destiny
Asking "should I" means that you want an answer from the Horary Oracle that will assist you in staying (or getting) in alignment with your destiny. For most pilgrims in ancient times, an encounter with an oracle was often meant to be a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Take for example the most famous of oracles, the Oracle of Delphi.

According to Jungian author Dianne Skafte, Ph.D. in Listening To The Oracle, it was normally considered impious for a pilgrim to ask the Oracle of Delphi for predictions of the future. It was, however, considered proper to ask Apollo's Oracle how one could become aligned with their destiny. Thus... the questions asked of the Oracle of Delphi were most normally concerned with instructions on how to give proper tribute to one of the Greek gods (i.e. getting in alignment with their destiny).

At the same time, various kings and conquerors seldom shied away from visiting the Oracle and being bold enough to ask for specific predictions of the future. When questions calling for prediction were asked, the Oracle of Delphi was known for giving truthful, but ambiguous and hidden answers. For example, the Lydian King Croesus asked the Oracle whether he should fight King Cyrus of Persia or negotiate with Cyrus for terms of peace. The Oracle's answer was that whoever crossed the river Halys would become the ruler of a great empire. Croesus mistakenly assumed that he would be the one to cross. (There are different versions as to exactly what the Oracle said.) Based on the Oracle - along with the fact that his army greatly outnumbered that of Cyrus - Croesus went to war with Cyrus. However, it was King Cyrus who crossed the river. The kingdom of Croesus fell in 547 BC.

Good luck
Tik
Unread 04-07-2007, 08:48 PM

Hi Tikana,

Thanks for posting part of that article and providing the link. It was interesting and answered some of my questions. I know the phrasing of a horary question has to be specific and I was thinking that when I reask my question I was going to ask that very question you suggested. I want to be a singer and songwriter equally so I was thinking that that was specific, but it also makes sense to just cover it all and ask about the industry in general. I know I have to rephrase it somehow and your suggestion just reaffirmed what I was thinking. Thank you for your help.
Blessings,
Ladylake

Unread 04-09-2007, 07:15 AM

Hi Ladylake,

It sounds to me as if you ARE a singer songwriter. Do you want to know whether you can make a decent living doing this? Horary I think has a lot to do with affirmation. Phrase the question in the present. The unconcious has difficulty understanding try, cant will do shall. If it can be put into the future it can be forgotten about. If it is actually now, I am, I am doing etc, the subcon has to get invloved now, and not at some other nebulous time.

Scorpio rising also is a strong healing significant. Sound has a strong effect here. You may even find that certain notes are specifically healing to you. Also blue healing meditation on the throat chakra may give you insights into your new career. I think it is significant they are happening at the same time.

Love & Light Ladylake
Flea

Last edited by flea; 04-09-2007 at 07:18 AM.

Tags
business, career, music, question