The Key of Mysteries

blacksun?

Now as the letters are arranged,

10-wheel-of-fortune-meaning-rider-waite-tarot-major-arcana_large.jpg

we see the order of the Signs is
Scorpio/Eagle as Atziluth, Leo as Briah, Taurus as Yetzirah and Aquarius/Man as Assiah.

That is actually very interesting and unexpected.

By rulership, if David could jump in here to substantiate...

Going by the traditional ones, Pluto for the Absolute, the Sun for the Archetypical, Venus for the Formative and Uranus for the Physical, the Kingdom.

This latter attribution corresponds to Theosophic astrology which has Uranus representing Ray 7 of Ceremonial Magic, corresponding to the first chakra, and Pluto for Ray 1 of Will and Power, attributed to the crown chakra.

david starling

Personally, I prefer the eagle-like bird, the Phoenix of ancient Egypt, for Scorpio. When Neptune was in Scorpio in the late, "Soaring 60s", there was an explosion on the NASA launch pad that killed 3 astronauts. This was January 27, 1967. The Space Program continued, arising from the ashes.

There's also the connection between the Egyptian Phoenix and the rise of the culture of ancient Egypt at the beginning of the (tropical) Age of Scorpio.

Last edited:

david starling

Blacksun, what's the meaning of that reddish creature, doing all the heavy lifting, holding up the wheel all by itself? Possibly Anubis? Since Anubis in ancient Egypt guided the souls to the Underworld, I would equate him, along with the alchemical god Thoth, with Hermes/Mercury, who had that function in the Greco-Roman pantheon.

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
Hi all,

I would like to answer, but, I have to go out. I thank you all, and look forward to discussing this further.

Black Sun, thank you for your valuable information.

God, that is what is in the center of the key, and associated with Tetragramaton. Cool, I have to go out, but my brain will be here.:smile:

Talk to you all soon! Opal

petosiris

Banned
I am following the discussion with curiosity and looked up the story about Pauli mentioned on the linked site. But I have a very hard time understanding the connections between astrology and opaque esoteric monotheism with all the codes and associations because the purpose of encoding and decoding isn’t clear. Is it liberatory?

Yes, Opal, what secrets have you unlocked so far?

Opal

Premium Member
Yes, Opal, what secrets have you unlocked so far?

Petosiris, you are showing your disdain for this subject and me again. Could you please remove your post. I do not go to your posts and be rude. I expect the same courtesy, nor do I feel the need to explain what I have learned, as your religion will not allow you to think in these terms, you need not be here or even read here.

Have a nice day Petosiris

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned
I am not going to delete my post. This is a public forum where everyone is allowed to share their opinion. If you think I am rude, you can report my post, because being rude is against the forum rules under the ethical rules heading - https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/faq.php

I was asking an honest question reiterating passiflora's, you are free to ignore it. You are also free to ignore all my posts via the forum function of ignore - just visit my profile, click ''user list'' and ''add to ignore list''.

Opal

Premium Member
I am not going to delete my post. This is a public forum where everyone is allowed to share their opinion. If you think I am rude, you can report my post, because being rude is against the forum rules under the ethical rules heading - https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/faq.php

I was asking an honest question reiterating passiflora's, you are free to ignore it. You are also free to ignore all my posts via the forum function of ignore - just visit my profile, click ''user list'' and ''add to ignore list''.

Disdain is not an opinion.

If you wish to give an opinion feel free.

If your faith leads you to treat others, and their opinions like this, maybe you should question your faith.

You seem to be following me around and doing this, it is called stalking. Is your religion okay with this?

I really do admire your ability to stick to your religion. It is too bad that judgement of me is something you have chosen to show to others. It really is sad, sweet Petosiris. You would tarnish your faith, by demeaning another persons opinion.

Stay here then. I will ignore your posts from now on. Not on the list, no need. I will just ignore them.

Feel free to answer. As I stated earlier to others, I would like to give my opinion on the subject, but I have to go to a charity event.

The Moderators do read sometimes. Noting whether people are talking on the subject or not.

I won't report you, it isn't my style. So if they contact you for your behavior, don't blame me. I politely requested you to delete and refrain.

petosiris

Banned
If your faith leads you to treat others, and their opinions like this, maybe you should question your faith.

I am concerned, because I used to be keen on unlocking so-called mysteries as well. Now I am not afraid to answer from where and in what is the benefit of such investigations, by the way, my first post wasn't directed at you, but at people who are actually familiar with ''so-called depths''. I get a feeling you just don't want to answer passiflora's question.

You seem to be following me around and doing this, it is called stalking. Is your religion okay with this?

Jesus, don't get too paranoid or you might end up insane like rahu. Last I recall he was also breaking out of the Matrix.

Opal

Premium Member
Hello Opal,
very interesting thread you've got gong on here.

Thank you, it is nice to have someone to talk to that is interesting in similar things.

And David, thanks for the kind words. Im not sure if I really count as an expert yet - but I have been an avid student of tarot, especially the major arcana as pertaining to the tree of life.

I was afraid not to be able to help you, Opal, with your question since I don't speak Hebrew, but since I do know the alphabet and many of the occult attributions of the letters, I actually believe I can be of some use.

The four letters on the Fortune card, clockwise down from the top, are Yod, Heh, Vau, Heh. These are called the Tetragrammaton, the four fold name of God.

I know of the Tetragrammaton, but, I would not call myself an expert. Thank you, for the knowledge.

Yod is the Father (Atziluth, the Absolute world), the first Heh is the Mother (Briah, the Archetypical world), Vau is the Son (Yetzirah, the Formative world) and the second Heh is the Daughter (Assiah, the Physical world, The Kingdom).

Interesting. I am going to have to do some reading though. I am not exactly sure of the differences between the Absolute, Archetypical, Formative and Physical. I could guess, but, I will look them up before I comment. Thank you.

Curiously, you can arrange the letters vertically and get the image of a human.

5wD0NnQ.jpg

Do you believe the imagery to be intentional?

Opal

Premium Member
Indeed, and these correspond to the figures on the card, the bull, the lion, the eagle and the man.

The Fixed Cross.

The Sphinx is sitting atop of it, and occultists Ive read attribute the Sphinx to the fixed cross in general.

I have been looking at one of my Tarot books today. It mentioned that the Sphinx is known to be one of the keepers of time. Actually, while reading the Major Arcana explanations, Time, and Time Keepers, came up a few times. Once with the Hierophant.

Opal

Premium Member
Now as the letters are arranged,

10-wheel-of-fortune-meaning-rider-waite-tarot-major-arcana_large.jpg

we see the order of the Signs is
Scorpio/Eagle as Atziluth, Leo as Briah, Taurus as Yetzirah and Aquarius/Man as Assiah.

That is actually very interesting and unexpected.

By rulership, if David could jump in here to substantiate...

Going by the traditional ones, Pluto for the Absolute, the Sun for the Archetypical, Venus for the Formative and Uranus for the Physical, the Kingdom.

This latter attribution corresponds to Theosophic astrology which has Uranus representing Ray 7 of Ceremonial Magic, corresponding to the first chakra, and Pluto for Ray 1 of Will and Power, attributed to the crown chakra.

While looking through the book, I noticed another card. The world. It also has The Man, Lion, Eagle and Bull. There are other cards that have some of them, and I can't remember which one, but one of them had the letters TARO. I think it was the Empress.

The never ending circle of earth.

tarotarotarotarotarotarotarotarotarotarotarotaro

Hidden within the cards, as well as other things.

What can you teach me of the world card.

Opal

Premium Member
I am following the discussion with curiosity and looked up the story about Pauli mentioned on the linked site. But I have a very hard time understanding the connections between astrology and opaque esoteric monotheism with all the codes and associations because the purpose of encoding and decoding isn’t clear. Is it liberatory?

Hi Passiflora,

I wish I could answer the question, but being a humble student of the arts, I do not pretend to understand all. I see what I see, and I try to see more, by learning and asking to be taught by others. I try to answer what I can, and I try to be polite to others in the process. I don't always succeed. I am still learning. One thing I have learned, is that, I am coming back. I am not elevated enough not to.:biggrin:

Opal

Premium Member
I am concerned, because I used to be keen on unlocking so-called mysteries as well. Now I am not afraid to answer from where and in what is the benefit of such investigations, by the way, my first post wasn't directed at you, but at people who are actually familiar with ''so-called depths''. I get a feeling you just don't want to answer passiflora's question.

Maybe I misread you. Maybe not. But, I will give you the benefit of the doubt. It is not that I do not want to answer her question. I do not feel adequately able to answer the question. Maybe someone can teach us both.

Jesus, don't get too paranoid or you might end up insane like rahu. Last I recall he was also breaking out of the Matrix.

I don't know Rahu, he was here when I joined, then he was gone. As for paranoid, it comes with the letters behind my name, but its only paranoid, when they aren't out to get you.

Opal

Premium Member
Who even DREW these? Amazing artwork.

I don't know, but this one definitely looks like a tarot card. And your right, they are lovely. Actually, I have been entranced with the cards today. The artwork, on some of them is so intricate. The symbolism's. It is so deep. Argh!

david starling

Looks like Saturn as Hyle, the realm of Matter; Mercury on the right, Azoth, alchemy; and, Archee, or Arche, the Activating Principle. Since the top figure appears to be female, I would suggest the fierce, warrior version of Venus, ancient Sumerian Inanna/Ishtar, "Queen of the Heavens" as the Morning-star.

I like this interpretation because, in the Modality-Element "12/12" pattern I recognized (which includes both the Ascendant and Age-indicator as Sign-rulers, along with the three Outermosts), Venus is Regulating-ruler of Saturn and Motivating-ruler of Mercury.

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
hyle

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.

• noun obsolete, philosophy matter
  • noun The first matter of the cosmos, from which the four elements arose, according to the doctrines of Empedocles and Aristotle.

Etymologies

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

One of several English variants (in casu Modern English, in the 17th and 18th century) for the Medieval Latin hyle, a transliteration of Aristotle’s concept of matter, in Ancient Greek ὕλη (hulē, "wood(s), material(s), matter, subject") or πρώτη ὕλη (prote hule, "fundamental, undifferentiated matter")

WHAT DOES HYLE MEAN IN ENGLISH?
Hyle

In philosophy, hyle refers to matter or stuff. It can also be the material cause underlying a change in Aristotelian philosophy. The Greeks originally had no word for matter in general, as opposed to raw material suitable for some specific purpose or other, so Aristotle adapted the word for "wood" to this purpose. The idea that everything physical is made of the same basic substance holds up well under modern science, although it may be thought of more in terms of energy or matter/energy.

Last edited: