Rising Signs and Physical Characteristics

estrella

In my experience, I think that rising signs can contribute to appearance, along with other factors.
I have a libra ascendant, pisces sun, aries moon. I am very fair, much more so than my family members (we are of a Meditteranean nationality-so my coloring isn't unheard of, just a bit more rare than the dark hair, olive skin, and hazel/green eyes that most of my family has). I have wavy fine hair. I've been told I am very proportional, good figure. I'm short 5'1". I think a libra ascendant gives proportion, and aesthetic agreeability, or a good sense of style, if not beauty. I have Uranus in first which gives me a flair for eccentric bohemian styles.

I just did a chart for a friend with capricorn rising. It reflects his pronounced bone structure of strong nose and high cheeckbones. His taste for dark clothes, reserved manner, appreciation of the simple things in life. He can at times come across as stand-offish. He can be sarcastic and has problems with his knees-all capricorn tendencies.

Lissa

I have a Capricorn Ascendant squaring my Moon/Mercury in Aries with Uranus/Neptune/North Node and Saturn in Aquarius in 1st house.I'm very short(two weeks ago I found out I'm just 4'11"...I thought I was 5'!:eek: )and have a thin,slender figure.I have high cheekbones and I dress in a very discrete manner,I tend to wear dark green and brown clothes a lot.Even though my hips are slim,my bones are quite pronounced and stick out a little,and I have a yellow-ish skin tone.

redwolf481

Lissa said:
I have a Capricorn Ascendant squaring my Moon/Mercury in Aries with Uranus/Neptune/North Node and Saturn in Aquarius in 1st house.I'm very short(two weeks ago I found out I'm just 4'11"...I thought I was 5'!:eek: )and have a thin,slender figure.I have high cheekbones and I dress in a very discrete manner,I tend to wear dark green and brown clothes a lot.Even though my hips are slim,my bones are quite pronounced and stick out a little,and I have a yellow-ish skin tone.

you can see why capricron and libra exalted with each other....and you can see the similarities...the stern capricorn proper mom who has the well dressed proper well spoken libra rising child....yeah makes sense,.....

believe it or not capricorn rising can sometimes be very very beautiful......

christian bale is a cap rising and I am almost positive that taylor swift and keira knightley are both cap risings

estrella

redwolf481 said:
believe it or not capricorn rising can sometimes be very very beautiful......

christian bale is a cap rising and I am almost positive that taylor swift and keira knightley are both cap risings

Yeah. People with strong Capricorn in their charts really do tend to have beautiful bone structure. My friend with Cap rising is a man in his early 50s, who is still very attractive. His Leo sun gives him a super thick head of hair to go with his Cap facial bone structure. Capricorn also gives a reserved kind of classiness that adds to their character.

Leon

so rising signs can be on cusps too, no wonder why I get confused for the previous sign so often when people look at my appearance

tsquare

I'e wanted to look at decans, rather then cusps alone.
Beugn that I have a cancer sun and a leo asc, moon in leo conj asc.

There was someone that did this ith pictures and descriptions of the decans and the asc. I can't recall here it's at. It was some sort of Christian astrologer and I recently lost all my bookmarks.
It was an intersting colection of data to look over.
He had average hights, etc. Bode structure, wht to expect.
It would be interesting to look over if someone could find it.
I can't recall where it is though.

Would someone say that an 8 degree orb to the asc would be too wide in sextile?
I have saturn sextile the asc from libra as well. that is near exact, saturn is at 16 degrees on some fixed star, I can't recall the name, asc is at 15 leo.

tracyboo

Hi I'm new here and have just been into horoscope lately. It really fascinates me.

But what I'm lately curious about is my ascendant sign. My Sun is in Cancer, Moon and ascendant in Aries. I am not athletic. I have above average height and I'm skinny, long legs, surprisingly I have boobs, brown skin, and I have baby face. Some think I have a classic Asian look. I don't know if I look like an aries. Do all aries ascendant look sporty? I'd like to look tough and all but I don't want to look tough or dirty. I may be tomboyish but that's because I'm shy. I don't know a lot of aries ascendant people.

Radu, thanks for the site.

redwolf481

tsquare said:

There was someone that did this ith pictures and descriptions of the decans and the asc. I can't recall here it's at. It was some sort of Christian astrologer and I recently lost all my bookmarks.

I have saturn sextile the asc from libra as well. that is near exact, saturn is at 16 degrees on some fixed star, I can't recall the name, asc is at 15 leo.

elbert wade has the best info on the decans for rising and sun....check it out.....

Claire19

Arian Maverick said:
That's so funny, Sam! :mrgreen:

It's so important to appreciate the body you have, no matter what society's current standards for beauty are...I was comforted that the typical Aquarius Rising was not described as being stick-straight thin, but rather as truly manly or womanly. It all makes sense to me now; my physical appearence is simply an extension of who I am! :D

Aquarian Maverick

We must not forget which decanate the rising sign degree is in. That makes a difference.

As for Aquarius rising, inevitably tall and angular. Men with wide hips and women with narrow hips. It can give a handsome kind of androgeny. Not gender emphasised as truly manly or womanly. We must take into consideration the aspects made to the rising sign and any planets in the 1st will always overshadow a mere rising sign.

Claire19

tracyboo said:
Hi I'm new here and have just been into horoscope lately. It really fascinates me.

But what I'm lately curious about is my ascendant sign. My Sun is in Cancer, Moon and ascendant in Aries. I am not athletic. I have above average height and I'm skinny, long legs, surprisingly I have boobs, brown skin, and I have baby face. Some think I have a classic Asian look. I don't know if I look like an aries. Do all aries ascendant look sporty? I'd like to look tough and all but I don't want to look tough or dirty. I may be tomboyish but that's because I'm shy. I don't know a lot of aries ascendant people.

Radu, thanks for the site.

Aries rising can give a muscularity and tomboyish aspect but depends on what Mars is doing. I dont get the connection between shyness and tomboyishness. Rather it is the opposite. Moon in the 1st will overshadow the mere rising sign. Also there can be a reddish colour to the hair and complexion depending on the race of course. Aries rising tends to walk with purpose and can be seen as quite bossy.

Arian Maverick

I have the same combination of Aries Rising (Pisces Rising, if my birth certificate is off by three minutes or more) and an Aries Moon conjunct the Ascendant.

But what I'm lately curious about is my ascendant sign. My Sun is in Cancer, Moon and ascendant in Aries. I am not athletic.

Don't worry; I've got a first house Aries stellium, and I'm not particularly athletic, either. I have some natural aptitute for a few sports, but I've never chosen to develop it. As Claire mentioned, look to the placement of your natal Mars. Mine's in Gemini in the third house, which may indicate why I've channeled much of my energy into academics and other mental pursuits. The aspects that your Aries Moon and natal Mars receive will help complete the picture.

I have above average height and I'm skinny, long legs, surprisingly I have boobs, brown skin, and I have baby face.

If the Moon is in your first house--especially if it's conjunct your Ascendant--it's not very surprising at all. Cancer/the Moon rules the stomach and breasts.

I don't know if I have a "baby face," but many people think I'm younger than I am. The Moon often bestows a round, pale face, so this description sounds about right.

Some think I have a classic Asian look. I don't know if I look like an aries. Do all aries ascendant look sporty? I'd like to look tough and all but I don't want to look tough or dirty. I may be tomboyish but that's because I'm shy. I don't know a lot of aries ascendant people.

It's the strangest phenomenon; almost everyone I've encountered on the forums who has an Aries Ascendant, including myself, has denied or questioned it. Perhaps we exaggerate the physical characteristics of this sign, expecting ourselves to look like professional atheletes--tall, muscular, etc. Or perhaps no one wants to accept that he or she is bold, brash, and impatient. :rolleyes:

Arian Maverick

Effie

Lunar Pisces said:
I'm so not like a Virgo ASC (which I am) in that way. My hair is never neat. It refuses to be neat. Nothing I do can get it to be neat. It's thick yet the hair itself is thin and fine, I just have tons of it. It's wavy-to-very curly depending on which part of the head it grows out of. It frizzs easy, and the ends split like crazy. Most hair products, like gels, serums, wax and mousse, make it look greasy or oily. It grows like weeds too, so even if I get it cut nicely, it looks messy by the next week. I blame my very unruly hair on having both asteriod Lilith and BM Lilith in the 1st conjunct Pluto rising and opposing Pisces moon. Lilith is attributed to giving women an unruly, "wild" or rough appearence, and Pisces, well, Pisces just tends to be messy (as you may know, if you know any Pisceans LOL).

Virgo rising here too with my hair being the drama of my life because of all the reasons you describe above, but I honestly blame it on my mother as I have inherited her culry hair genes obviously....

Anyway, straight hair is boring: see it this way if this is any consoling...

Claire19

Arian Maverick said:
It's time for a new poll, everyone! :mrgreen:

I have been interested in the relationship between one's rising sign and their physical characteristics ever since I discovered an article titled The Influence of the Twelve Signs When Rising, which was quite early on in my astrological studies.

Here is what it says about my Rising Sign, Aquarius:

The passages which I have made bold for emphasis describe me quite well, in my opinion. So this is the question: does your physical appearance resemble many, some, few, or none of the descriptions provided in the article?

Aquarian Maverick

Although some of us fit our ascendant descriptions others dont so much. It all depends on the ruler of the chart and its aspects also. Any planets in the 1st will be stronger than a mere rising sign. I am very much the Pisces rising and in the Pisces decan will reinforces it. HOwever my chart ruler and its aspects are a strong contributor also.

LaLibra

tsquare said:

I know of astrofaces.com, but they don't talk about the decans there...

nevenez

My brother is only 9 but is good looking(Aquarius rising of libra decan with mars at ascendant), he's becoming like his brother :p

AquaScorpio

Soooo what is your guys consensus on Taurus rising? I've checked out a few celebrities who have it and only one I saw was really stunning, Bo Derek. Particularly, my daughter has Taurus Asc, Pisces Sun and Aries Moon. Should be an interesting combination. She's only but a few days old and it will be interesting to see if those signs manifest in her physical features. As far as genetics go, I'm an Aries rising while her Mom is a Pisces sun. Grandma has a Taurus moon so maybe she'll look like all of us. Oh and grandpa has a Taurus sun as well. So we shall see, I'm very interested in how it will turn out.

Sagmoon

I think cancer rising is always the easier to recognise. I am a big babe, often mistaken for a cancer.

Last edited: