Pluto excluded from the solar system

Ataraxy

The International Astronomical Union (2,500 astronomers) gathered in Prague few days ago and voted the exclusion of Pluto from the solar system. Chiefly because of its small size and its outlying orbit. Pluto is now classified as dwarf planet (with Ceres and Xena), a new category of smaller bodies. The planetary status of Pluto has been a source of contention from years and some astronomers have argued against its entry into the solar system since its discovery in 1930. What will be the consequences for astrology ?

Last edited:

lilllybelle

I just read the article Lapis linked. It made me feel sad. I don't want to go back to the pluto dark ages. The underworld god has symbolically went away. Without pluto, rape, incest and rage fester in the darkness. I don't want my flashlight to stop shining in the darkness. I'll ask pluto to stay with me to protect me from the darkness of the human soul. The thing I fear the most is when evil acts are commited and groups of people look at each other smile and pretend nothing happened and use lies to justify their evil actions. That's the world I think of when I think of a place that doesn't acknowledge the energy of pluto, a place where you get your tongue cut out for speaking the truth. No I'm not really all that doom and gloom, but it does seem that it strips pluto of some of his healing powers. Lilllybelle

astromony

lilllybelle said:
I just read the article Lapis linked. It made me feel sad. I don't want to go back to the pluto dark ages. The underworld god has symbolically went away. Without pluto, rape, incest and rage fester in the darkness. I don't want my flashlight to stop shining in the darkness. I'll ask pluto to stay with me to protect me from the darkness of the human soul. The thing I fear the most is when evil acts are commited and groups of people look at each other smile and pretend nothing happened and use lies to justify their evil actions. That's the world I think of when I think of a place that doesn't acknowledge the energy of pluto, a place where you get your tongue cut out for speaking the truth. No I'm not really all that doom and gloom, but it does seem that it strips pluto of some of his healing powers. Lilllybelle

Thanks for the vivid description of pluto and its healing power. I have been hit with transiting Pluto in hard aspect to four planets in my natal chart and ending it's stay in square to natal moon. It's been a process of dieing to and healing from for me and i have gradually grown more grateful for the awakenings it brings. Thanks for sharing it.

My grandmother gave me a large framed "map of the universe" upon her death and i recently found a spot marked "galactic center". This point is what has been found to be the center of our galaxy and lies at 5 degrees of sidereal sagittarius. Pluto will soon reach this point and as it takes something like 278 years for pluto to travel the 360 degrees of the zodiac, i wonder if this is an opening of some kind, like a portal in time and space. The "vernal point" or the point where the sun rises in the east during the spring equinox is known to be at 5 degrees of sidereal pisces. This point and our "galactic center" are square to one another. I don't know if i can make much sense out of this yet. Maybe i'll do some research on pluto and our galactic center. Anyone know more on this?

lilllybelle

I can't give you a low down on the whole galactic center thing, because I don't understand it well enough. I do know there has been a lot of talk in the astrology world lately about pluto conjuncting the galactic center near the end of this year. I think pluto's energy will be magnified at that time. I bet someone on this site knows all about the galactic center though. Lilllybelle

BorX

Ataraxy said:
What will be the consequences for astrology ?

It doesnt matter what the astronomers think!

Us... the astrologers will still use Pluto because of its strong influnce in all of our charts and the world.
Astronomers don't know that without Pluto we would not live... it's true because, imagine if Pluto would be destroyed ( and not to be replaced ) we would have no willpower, no desires, no energy or will for our destiny, we would not have what it takes to make things better, we cannot transform ourselfs or the enviroment for the better, we would over-react to everything like it would be a constant torture, also all of us cannot de-materialize, we will always fear death, wish it and at the same time cannot have it, therefor our earth would be like hell.
In karmic/holistic/kabbalistic/ezoterical astrology, Pluto reprezents symbolic our Pollaris star, also Our Father ( God the Father), as Neptune reprezents symbolic our Sirius star, also Our Jesus Christ ( God the Son) and Uranus reprezents symbolic our Alcyone star, also Our Holy Spirit ( God the Holy Spirit ). So all of these 3 planets ( Pluto, Neptun and Uranus ) reprezents symbolic The Trinity.

So think of it... how important is Pluto :D, without it we would not survive in this world.

Astronomers made me laugh when they excluded Pluto ( big mystake ), all of those who made this decision to change Pluto as dwarf planet is by interes, they wanted fame, money and to be included in the hystory books. The defination that excluded Pluto was that its orbit touches Neptune's, its a stupid reason... think of other bigger planets reaching others orbit? think of what IF Neptun touches Pluto's orbit and not the oposite as they knew? think of its satelites, we got 1 ( Moon ) and Pluto has 3 ( Charon, Nix, Hydra ) and still its not a planet? All the reasons that made Pluto as dwarf planet are stupid and by interes.
Pluto was far more earlier discovered then 1930, master astrologers knew of Pluto like 300-400 earlier then the astronomers, some rare mystical astrologers knew like 2000-3000 earlier but was kept as secret.

We don't care what the noob astronomers think, we will still use Pluto. :)

2rainbows

The powers that want to be are getting extremely desperate. Pluto is responsible for rebirth/regeneration/reincarnation/raising one's awareness to a higher dimension. greatness can surely come in small packages; Pluto is one big small package!
Cheers!

johan

The IAU has decided that Pluto no longer can be called a planet.For now-just like before 1930-Neptune is the final stop of our solar system and if we pass Neptune...we find the Kuiperbelt with fragments that listen to names like Pluto and Xena but are no planets because they are no objects who wipe clean their orb.According to astronomers planets have to be a kind of vacuum-cleaners,because else they don't count anymore.And Pluto is not big enough to develop that force.But the publishers of school- and studybooks can be satisfied,while they now have a real reason to reprint their material.Pluto was born in Cancer,but have only enjoyed his status as a planet for five signs.Now,in Sagittarius he is thrown on the rubbish-heap to circle around our solar system with other disorderly rubble. He was just too small to play along.

Too small?It is the very thing that Pluto represents, the enormous power of the small,the invisable.A power often compared with nuclear energy,and it is no coincidence that the element Plutonium is called after this planet.A power which is transforming because he brings the lowest to the surface,makes the unconscious conscious,lays bare fears and confronts us with scary things like death and intens sex.It is not for nothing that Pluto rules the sign of Scorpio,which also stands for all those scary business.Scary?They are just scary as long as we resist them,as long as we don't wanna change,as long as we cling to our certain little me and want to escape of the purifying fire that could us let arise as a bird Fenix.

At the same time Pluto is a power from which we cannot escape,because if we don't go the way of self-purifying with a good grace,than this planet,eh... this fragment will let it happen in a less gentle way.While eventually we have to cross the borders of our own solar system.

It is remarkable that now,in this time,Pluto is been kicked out of the solar system.It is like we don't wanna know no more of death and fear,like we have given up the hope on transformation and have decided to live our lives as zombies.As if we fatalistic have drawn the conclusion that there is no possibility for salvation,no real peace and freedom.But at the same time I wonder if one will succeed to exile Pluto.Because that planet is no easy fragment(or the other way around).And it is open to question if the opinion of the scientists,who are put before us,will find a good-enough basis so that Pluto really will disappear from the stage.And if it will happen,than let us hope nuclear energy will also disappear.

Out of a newsletter of Satyamo Uydert,a dutch astrologer.

Last edited:

Lapis

Warning warning, mini Lapis lecture coming.

Does it really matter what silly things these type of people claim they're going to change? Does it really matter what silly terms or new name's they create when they don't even believe in Astrology? Not to me it dosen't! :p

Besides, like Eric Francis said in his article (link above), there's always far more going on with these type of situations than the masses are aware of right off. Always. So I say just relax and to hell with the minds needing to change old scientific terms because Pluto isn't going anywhere!

I posted on another forum about this and that the first thing that came into my mind about this Pluto business is......the timing of it. Pluto is conjuncting the GC (Galactic Center) all throughout 2006 and 2007!! It reaches the exact degree/minute next summer in July I believe. But none-the-less I find it interesting that these minds are now telling the world (who do not think like we astrologer's remember?) that Pluto is "less" in some ways than before. Like this will remove or diminish much of the effect of Pluto conjuncting the GC!
laughinghard8cm.gif

No no no......this is just a minor tweak and update that's coming from minds very different than our astrologer minds. Besides, Pluto is conjuncting and will be moving across the very center of our Milky Way galaxy right now. I'm sure this is one of the many clues to this fact. Our consciousness is expanding and our "known" solar system will reflect/create/create/reflect this at the same time.

Lapis

Hi sorehearted! :)

No no I'm not saying that they've totally banned Pluto, but it sounds to me as if they've demoted Pluto in some scientific ways and at that level....who knows? But from an astrologer's viewpoint this is a big psychological shift which would indicate a major change in consciousness in humanity etc. I don't buy it is what I was really saying. Plus the fact the Pluto is where it is in regards to the GC. The timing of all this is telling to me.

pwadm

Staff member
what does Pluto conjunct the GC mean in the context of Pluto's demotion?
what galactic plutonian archetype are we refusing or downplaying?
is it a refusal to submit our will (as humankind) to Galactic Higher Will?

Lapis

Radu said:
what does Pluto conjunct the GC mean in the context of Pluto's demotion?
what galactic plutonian archetype are we refusing or downplaying?
is it a refusal to submit our will (as humankind) to Galactic Higher Will?

Hi Radu,

I just read this morning in your latest newsletter that you're a new Daddy! Congratulations to both of you. Now that is a Saturn Return indeed. :)

Because of the timing of this Pluto business, I get the sense that at some very deep, possibly subconscious level, we sense that huge deep scary changes are happening and will continue to happen in us and around us. I've posted before about Pluto being the farthest out planet in our solar system and because of that, it represents where the mass or collective consciousness has reached so far. As we all know this is changing, expanding to take in more and more.

What planet rules the Age of Pisces? Neptune. Think of all the things in our world today that are connected to Neptune. Drug companies practically own the planet, oil, gas etc. There are deep subconscious fears in many who don't want to lose or let go of the old ways for many reasons. To me, that is what transiting Pluto in SAG conjuncting the GC is already bubbling up to a conscious level in much of humanity. As are all the religious wars etc.

If, even at a scientific level, they can demote Pluto to a 'lesser state' and keep humanity's consciousness wrapped up with Neptune and the old Piscean Age blah blah blah, then maybe we'll not respond to Pluto and it's current transits and the upcoming one of entering Cap. I see it like kids not wanting to do their homework and so, claim none exists or that its not very important. Or maybe I'm giving them all far more credit than they deserve?! ;)

So to try and answer you question, yes, I think it's a slight ploy (conscious or otherwise) to overlook what Pluto is doing and remain (conscious or otherwise) focused at Neptune being the last "planet" in our current solar system. I also know that we (astrologers) are responding to this issue in a totally different way than they are.

pwadm

Staff member
Thanks Lapis for your answer.

Going back to exoteric comments, I notice that this Pluto demotion takes place while there is a hard stance against Iran's right to use nuclear energy, naturally ruled by Pluto, even if it currently still complies with the international legislation.
Why is there this fear of nuclear energy? Do they feel that it all went too far? We should think who started this nuclear race and who is currently most armed with nuclear arms in that region. So far the nuclear balance on both sides had led to some stability (think US-USSR, Pakistan-India). As far as I know there hasn't been any serious armed conflict between two nuclear nations up to now. They didn't dare I suppose. But nuclear nations have already used uranium depleted bombs on non-nuclear nations (USA on Serbia and Iraq, Israel on Lebanon).
Is it already too late to do anything about it? If so, the nuclear conflict is inevitable at some point in the future, hopefully later than sooner. When it will happen, the entire globe will suffer the consequences, that's for sure -> Pluto conjunct the Galactic Center...
Still, the downplaying of Pluto could be a positive sign that the world becomes afraid of nuclear might. Will this work?!
This is the reverse logic of the reasoning associating mundane events surrounding the discovery of a new planet/asteroid/whatever with its influence.

At the time when the final vote on Pluto took place Aug 24, about 3:45 pm CED, Prague, Czech Republic, Mercury was in trine with Pluto and the 9th house Moon in sextile with Jupiter, indicating a sound scientific decision. So astronomers are right to downgrade Pluto to 'dwarf planet' from their point of view.
But I cannot help noticing that Pluto was in square with Lilith, Mars and the nodal axis. What could this mean in the current context of global politics and economics?
There is a dark side of Pluto related to inducing fear and mass-manipulating people as well as total destruction.

Last edited:

BorX

I saw Pluto's tranzit, i don't think GC is responsable for this ( Pluto it's STILL RETROGRADED remember, he might return as planet when hes movement becomes direct, maybe end of November to December is a good period ? all planets in direct movement )

Check this tranzit, i see it as a super day and very positive for Pluto in GC ( 2006 december 20, hour 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM ).
I think Pluto will return as planet, and even so i'f i'm wrong, we don't care anyways cause we still use Pluto in the charts.

Also talking about Iran nuclear thingy, i studied it a lot in the charts and I saw something really bad and i'm just afraid to tell. :( :( ( seriously not good and cannot tell it in public)

Last edited:

2rainbows

There is indeed a flip side to all things. in the case of pluto, we may reach a point of ascension where pluto is no longer necessary in our lives. many to all times, news is meant to shift our thoughts and place our attention and thoughts on what it would not ordinarily be on. with this in mind, do not get all caught up and add to the drama in news. just let things be, and trust the Divine always has the upper hand, and let the Divine know you are happy to be in service to the Divine plan.

Elianah

Hi everyone,

Very interesting thread!

The thing I have been pondering is the numerological relationship in this rollback:

Pluto "was" the ninth planet. Nine is the number of completion. If Ceres was rebooted to planetary status and 2003 UB 313 (Xena) was added as a planet, one would have 11 planets. There would be new beginnings (10 numerologically becomes a 1) and then the master number 11, which represents enlightenment of humanity, whether it is called ascension or by another name.

So taking a step backward and making Neptune the last planet means that there would be no completion(s), no new beginning(s) and no enlightenment of humanity. Neptune speaks about the possibility of continuing with the delusional imagery of the present and mind-numbing oneself into oblivion to become the "Brave New World" Huxley fantasized about in his book.

People in any type of power (Pluto) positions do not want enlightenment of humanity because it represents the beginning of their ends (another Pluto feature). Thus is Pluto is emasculated by becoming something less than a planet in the scientific realm, it should emasculate the potent archetype that Pluto is, they may hope unconsciously. Remember that Neptune also is the ruler of the collective unconscious and one thing that the collective unconscious does not want to happen is to have its inner machinations brought to the surface by Pluto's unrelentless probing and exposure of Neptune's delusiory imaginings.

Also, one has to look into where the Plutos of the current IAU lie. I would bet most of them are Pluto in Leo, Virgo and early to mid Libra (with a few smatterings of Cancer also). How does that impact upon the decision that was made? These are the first signs that had to face a visible Pluto head on psychically and astrologically. Neptune was no longer hiding Pluto and they wanted Neptune to hide it again, archetypically speaking. That way the collective conscious does not have to take responsibility or be held responsible for what the collective unconscious wreaks upon humanity.

It will all balance out at some point, it always does. The question is, will we be ready for it?

unukalhai

Am I the only one who thinks pluto has been a little TOO active since his discovery?

I also have the view that the Sun itself DOES count, being the core of our solar system. Hence, we now have 9, the number of completion, where as including Pluto put us at 10!

Gnostic_circle.gif

astromony

I think what you say about the significance of nine planets is neat. The map itself is awesome.
The sun, a G-2 star is not the center of the milky way galaxy in which our solar system resides. In fact some scientists believe that our sun is a binary star and this may be a factor in the earth's wobble. Scientists are now debating over the existence of an enormous black hole in galactic center. But our sun is the center of our solar system and pluto's relevance as a planet in our solar system lies in the fact that it is one of the bodies which plays a part in the overall gravitational tension between celestial bodies within our solar system. It's like one of the bodies which creates the dynamic tension which manifests in the divine order of our solar system. In this way it is as important as any other body in our galaxy. It's the farthest out of named planets but it still orbits the sun, as does earth.
Also, our entire solar system is actually traveling at high speed(something like 8200 miles per minute) toward Vega, which is a star at about 20 degrees or so of capricorn.
In this way all is important and the big picture is made up of all it contains. Pluto will remain whether it is named a planet or not.
As far as the number 9 is concerned, for me that number correlates with endings and the Hermit holding the lantern. Also if you add 9 to any number it always equals that number. I really haven't heard of it in reference to "completion" but maybe that's like endings.
Certainly by traditional astrology pluto is absent, as its widespread discovery had yet to be made. In horary, traditional planetary rulerships are most often in effect, mostly leaving out possibility for pluto to have any rulership and this goes for uranus and neptune as well.
So, i hear you Unakahai and yet i relate pluto to the god of the underworld and i think the particular energies of this time demand that we call pluto by name and the celestial body in the sky which has been given this namesake means that we are ready to name that which it represents and pluto represents power. I don't think that Pluto will go away for astrology or astronomy anytime soon whether it is considered a planet or not. Is Pluto made up of a different material than other planets in our solar system, or maybe i have that wrong. Does anyone know why pluto was disqualified because i heard something about the size of it being an issue and that related to a body of similar but larger mass having been discovered and discussed as a potential planet. But the reason for this judgement which disqualifies pluto still confuses me.