Rethinking Mercury in Pisces..

Julia Karmic Astrology

It may not be Merc in Pisces because I have this, as well as auditory memory where I can recall whole conversations. I have Sun in Pisces but Merc in Aqua opposite Asc.

I don't have a good auditory memory at all.
And I am not an auditory learner either.
In college I had to immediately make written notes of lectures, to make it visual.

Last edited:

Julia Karmic Astrology

Hi Julia

I'm curious - with Mercury / Moon in Pisces & a grand water trine, do you constantly 'merge' with other peoples thinking / feeling? If you do, how conscious are you of doing it?

Hi Vanessanz:

This is probably like asking other people how often they use their eyes and are they aware of doing it. :)

I would say that I am aware of other people on a number of levels, but not doing it at all consciously. It has alway been there. As a child I was quite frustrated with other people, who didn't see or feel what I was picking up. I did not understand it at all

I still can't quite comprehend that other people's brains may not be processing things in the same visual / empathetic way :)

I know. I remember the exact time I realized that other people were wired differently.
I was an adult, talking to a close friend of mine, asking her about her pictures in her head, and she looked at me oddly, saying she had no running pictures in her head. I was dumbfounded. I asked some other friends the same question, and they all replied that they had no pictures in their heads. And they did not feel the feelings and thoughts of others.
So there it was.

Waki

This rings a familiar bell...
For me and my Neptune on the rising point in Scorpio, on top of the strong Pisces, it took me astrological studies to hear that actually other people do not perceive what I perceive.

And this elucidates many things but does not change the situation - which is a bit strange because I am usually not attracted to and surroundded by Water people.

I find them to ungrounded or/and emotional or deluded and this is a bit repulsive to me possibly because I have these traits too but also a lot of Air and Earth.

End result is that I love this thread and discussion and suspect my Pisces Mercury was a bit socially isolated! 😂

Julia Karmic Astrology

This rings a familiar bell...
For me and my Neptune on the rising point in Scorpio, on top of the strong Pisces, it took me astrological studies to hear that actually other people do not perceive what I perceive.

HI Waki!

This is one of the reasons I fell in love with astrology. It explained everything for me in terms of my inner functioning compared to others. And why I felt like a fish out of water for most of my life.

This elucidates many things but does not change the situation - which is a bit strange because I am usually not attracted to and surroundded by Water people.

I find them to ungrounded or/and emotional or deluded and this is a bit repulsive to me possibly because I have these traits too but also a lot of Air and Earth.

This is quite interesting Waki. I am the same way, my close friends are all air, fire or earth stelliums. It is so odd that way. But then they have one placement identical to mine, such as a Pisces Moon or Mars in Scorpio.

The result is that I love this thread and discussion and suspect my Pisces Mercury was a bit socially isolated! 😂

Yes I think that Pisces feels isolated in the mainstream western culture. It is only in certain places where it is safe and even accepted to show our water sides. :)

Julia

Antigone

In college I had to immediately make written notes of a professors lectures, to make it visual.

This statement applies to me as well, if I want to learn and remember things, I have to write them down, and once I write things down, I can actually visualize them. I don't think it's photographic memory, because I have to write it down first.

Waki

Hi Julia,

Thank you again for your friendly words!

This is one of the reasons I fell in love with astrology. It explained everything for me in terms of my inner functioning compared to others. And why I felt like a fish out of water for most of my life.

Yes, I too love astrology for that and because it taught me how we can be so different form one another, and nearly live in different worlds. Humanity is incredibly rich and complex from that perspective too, in a way that psychology or genetics don't approach... Can you imagine how an Aries or Leo Mercury processes information? I can't! I can of course put Mercury + Aries together in my thinking and come with "= this combo", but in real life, these people are too different. And it goes on and on for each and every planet, and house, and their aspects. It's really enriching. It also explains so well why we can enrich each other so well, when and if we have some ways to connect. And the opposite is true. It's teaching tolerence from another angle.

And why I felt like a fish out of water for most of my life.

Or like a fish in the ocean watching them on the dry shore?:wink:

I guess it's the same for you as or me? I feel at home with poetry and mysticim...

I had a dream this morning when i was told like, "by the way stop wondering and erring, Neptune Rising in your chart is your power/identity/strength". It was very clearcut and obvious. I took good note when I woke up.

I know Neptune is fantastic, but it is also not very easy. it's present transit on my IC is a bit weird. It's not really painful but it matches absolutely no social expection regarding MC and performance matters! I have no reference to simply accept wht it happening, all references say, move on, get more things done, need to shine.

my close friends are all air, fire or earth stelliums. It is so odd that way. But then they have one placement identical to mine, such as a Pisces Moon or Mars in Scorpio.

I think I need people that can help me not be too spaced out in ideals (my Aquarious Sun), mysticism, and empathy. I find squares boring, but I need them and appreciate them. I have very little fire in my chart, so i guess i need somebody else to complement me. Complementarity is a beautiful way to work too.

Mars in Scorpio sounds great. Must be very intense ? But the gentle Pisces Moon must ensure it's not harming but serving, right?

My rising Scorpio Neptune is trine my Pisces Mars, o they are in each other sign and seem to offer a lot. I love it, it's a very spiritual combo, though I sense I could use Mars more actively to make this trine more dynamic. I am not sure how to do that. One pb is the H4 mars --I am not a home body and not interested in home matters! The actual problem I guess is that Pisces Mars H4 is tightly opposed Rx Pluto H10.

Astrology tells me there is something crucial to work on in this opposition to get its full juice, but astrology cannot do the work for me! :biggrin: Frankly this is a big piece in Pisces --a challenge I hope i can take.

I think that Pisces feels isolated in the mainstream western culture. It is only in certain places where it is safe and even accepted to show our water sides

Being with artists. Joining grand prayers and rituals that connect to the Divine for the elevation of all life. Pilgrimages to powerful sacred places... In such siutation I feel at home, alive, powerful!

Waki

I am certainly more visual than auditory but cannot say I am really bad with auditory memory and can't learn through sounds. It seems I am still above average in these matters.

I am for sure much more gifted in visual arts -- I can draw a faithful portraits in minutes-- than in music. If the melody is too complex and I need to, say, sing it, I may have trouble with a few notes, but my mind knows, "this is not the right note" which is frustrating because my voice will not produce it. But with practice I overcome it. And again I am good with spoken languages, and accents, and conversations, etc. Maybe the H3 does that? H3 also covers oral/aural, right?

Did you notice there is a new thread called "the problems of mercury in Pieces"? Let's swim there and get a visual look!

Julia Karmic Astrology

This statement applies to me as well, if I want to learn and remember things, I have to write them down, and once I write things down, I can actually visualize them. I don't think it's photographic memory, because I have to write it down first.

Photographic memory is the ability to look at something, short exposure, and then be able to recall it with a high degree of accuracy.

The act of writing it down also serves as a learning method, tactile along with the visual. I have several cousins with phenomenal memories, so it is likely a inherited trait. My own memory is now more average as I have aged and slowing sinking into below average!

I also had another weird memory ability which I lost after having a grade three concussion to my right temporal lobe some years back. This memory was a long term facial memory or also called a super recognizer. No matter how a person's face changed by age or methods of disguise, I could immediately recognize the person. This was fun to use when watching a movie with an actor who had changed considerably and no one else could guess who it was. Otherwise a fairly useless trait! It is gone now, and I have no idea what part of the chart would signify this trait.

Last edited:

david starling

HI Waki!

This is quite interesting Waki. I am the same way, my close friends are all air, fire or earth stelliums. It is so odd that way. But then they have one placement identical to mine, such as a Pisces Moon or Mars in Scorpio.

Yes I think that Pisces feels isolated in the mainstream western culture. It is only in certain places where it is safe and even accepted to show our water sides. :)

Julia

I attribute the isolation I feel as well, to the Astrological Age influence. Back in the late 60's, I responded wholeheartedly to the Aquarian-age concept (not surprising with Moon and Venus in Aqua), but couldn't relate at all to the Sidereal Age of Pisces that accompanies it. With a current Piscean Age, I should have felt right at home with mainstream culture, not alienated from it. It also bothered me that I was learning Tropical, and taking to it like a fish to water, but the Sidereal Age-indicator itself is the 1st point of Tropical Aries, and therefore can't give us a Tropical reading for the Ages. Switching to the Sidereal only for Ages, then back to Tropical didn't make sense to me. The reason there IS such a thing as Ages is because of a Terrestrial influence in everyone's Chart, and I needed to know what is in a Tropical Chart. It was possibly Mercury in Pisces that enabled me to set convention aside, and hypothesize a Tropical-age method no one else had bothered to look for, and to explore the theory. End result, it's the Tropical-age of Capricorn, including Direct-motion, so that explains why the Aquarian-age is up next Tropically as well (the familiar Sidereal Ages have Retrograde-motion). I can easily see and feel mainstream Western culture as Capricornian, and therefore too cold and materialistic for an Aquarian-Piscean Chart to identify with and feel "right" about. The Ages are about what our home-Planet is like for us, and in my well-considered opinion it's just not a Piscean Environment. No agreement necessary, I'm just explaining my point of view and sharing potentially useful information to others with Mercury in Pisces.

Last edited:

Julia Karmic Astrology

Hi Julia,

Thank you again for your friendly words!
Yes, I too love astrology for that and because it taught me how we can be so different form one another, and nearly live in different worlds. Humanity is incredibly rich and complex from that perspective too, in a way that psychology or genetics don't approach... Can you imagine how an Aries or Leo Mercury processes information? I can't! I can of course put Mercury + Aries together in my thinking and come with "= this combo", but in real life, these people are too different. And it goes on and on for each and every planet, and house, and their aspects. It's really enriching. It also explains so well why we can enrich each other so well, when and if we have some ways to connect. And the opposite is true. It's teaching tolerence from another angle.

Perfectly stated Waki! :)

Or like a fish in the ocean watching them on the shore?:wink:

This is certainly a better way to look at it, rather than feeling like a fish who has been dragged to dry land. :)

I guess it's the same for you as or me? I feel at home with poetry and mysticim...
I had a dream this morning when i was told like, "by the way stop wondering and erring, Neptune Rising in your chart is your power/identity/strength". It was very clearcut and obvious. I took good note when I woke up.

What a great dream, it is true.
Our dreams often try to speak to us, either from our unconscious or from the Other Side.

I know Neptune is fantastic, but it is also not very easy. it's present transit on my IC is a bit weird. It's not really painful but it matches absolutely no social expection regarding MC and performance matters! I have no reference to simply accept wht it happening, all references say, move on, get more things done, need to shine.

All of the signs and planets have positive and negative traits and energy. We decide how to to manifest the energy in this life.

I think I need people that can help me not be too spaced out in ideals (my Aquarious Sun), mysticism, and empathy. I find squares boring, but I need them and appreciate them. I have very little fire in my chart, so i guess i need somebody else to complement me. Complementarity is a beautiful way to work too.

Yes Aq energy can be far out there, so ahead of the pack. Often the task is to reel it back in a bit so it can connect to the rest of the planet successfully. And yes, most of us state that we are attracted to people with chart energy different from our own natal chart. I think that is one point of reincarnation, to mingle with other energies. Earth is kind of like the bar scene from Star Wars, full of very different type creatures. This is one reason Earth is said to produce such resilient capable souls.

Mars in Scorpio sounds great. Must be very intense ? But the gentle Pisces Moon must ensure it's not harming but serving, right?

Yes thank goodness. My Mars in Scorpio has a booster, in that it is aspected to my Jupiter in Aries. :( This can be a somewhat deadly combination. I try to use it for good, and yes the Pisces energy taps it down. But when I see an injustice or something wrong, I am capable of really nailing someone to the wall quite successfully. :(
I try to not go there.

The other nice benefit to that energy is that nothing of a spiritual nature holds any fear for me whatsoever. Most people talk about fear of the devil, entities, ghosts, negative entities, but I hold not one iota of fear about any of these.

My rising Scorpio Neptune is trine my Pisces Mars, o they are in each other sign and seem to offer a lot. I love it, it's a very spiritual combo, though I sense I could use Mars more actively to make this trine more dynamic. I am not sure how to do that. One pb is the H4 mars --I am not a home body and not interested in home matters! The actual problem I guess is that Pisces Mars H4 is tightly opposed Rx Pluto H10.

Oh that is such a lovely combination, the Scorpio Nep trine Pisces Mars. Gives you spirituality and imagination, scorpio should give mars a boost. Perhaps you want to expand your thinking about 4h matters. This is the place we feel most comfortable, our womb, our safe place. It is the base of our lives which permits us to venture out in the world. I would see the Pisces Mars as indicating a soul who has will and determination rooted in spirituality. And this is your psychological home base so to speak. Something along those lines. And you are getting energy from Pluto and Neptune for your home base. These are power, transformation, spirituality. Keep an eye out for the dark side of all this energy, it is fairly powerful energy and has an under belly. :(

tells me there is something crucial to work on in this opposition to get its full juice, but astrology cannot do the work for me! :biggrin: Frankly this is a big piece in Pisces --a challenge I hope i can take.

I agree, there is something you are meant to do with this powerful energy. But yes, you are the one who has to do it. It is said that our guides would never let us come into this incarnation with a natal chart we could not handle.

Being with artists. Joining grand prayers and rituals that connect to the Divine for the elevation of all life. Pilgrimages to powerful sacred places... In such siutation I feel at home, alive, powerful!

That is your base, you can see it in your chart. And you are answering your own question about how to do all of this.

Julia

david starling

Has anyone seen this documentary called Life 2.0? It's documenting a few people who spend their realities on virtual world Second Life.
For some reason the entire documentary just screams mercury in Pisces. The married woman who left her husband for her second life lover- especially. I found it super interesting (merc in virgo)
Anyway all the people in the video have such a character about them it was hard not to watch and think about the astrology.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUwD7u7wwcY

Maybe a combination of Neptune transiting Natal Mercury Conj. NN in Pisces in H12!:andy:

Last edited: