Translation I think, or?

rafaella

Hey guys!

I have two charts that I need help with as I can't be objective about this at the moment... :-(

Both charts have translation of light between the significators, its about communication/contact/improvement with a love interest this month...

The first chart shows Cancer Moon translating light of Jupiter to Mercury, but Moon isn't receiving Mercury...so am not sure whether this will give positive results or not?

The second chart again shows Moon in Cancer translating light of Mercury to Jupiter, but Mercury is combust.. Moon is receiving both Jupiter and Mercury... What you guys think?

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_1158_communication_oct_1_hp_17449_5659.gif
    astro_w2gw_1158_communication_oct_1_hp_17449_5659.gif
    50.6 KB · Views: 22
  • astro_w2gw_1167_communication_oct_2_hp_17530_7746.gif
    astro_w2gw_1167_communication_oct_2_hp_17530_7746.gif
    50.6 KB · Views: 18

BobZemco

None of the charts show a Translation of Light.

The rules for Translation are:

1) The Translator (the Planet transferring Light) must be faster than both of the Significators. That means Jupiter and Saturn can never translate Light.

2) The Translator must be separating from one of the Significators. That means it must be more than 6' of arc past perfection (the exact orb to the minute).

3) The Significator from which the Translator is separating must receive the Translator. That means the Translator must be the Sign of Rulership or Exaltation of the Significator, or in the same Triplicity and Term, or Triplicity and Face. Some would also say Term and Face and some also say the it must be Triplicity, Term and Face.

4) The Translator must be in an applying aspect to the other Significator. No Reception is necessary there.

In the first chart, the Moon is faster than both Mercury and Jupiter, and the Moon has separated from Jupiter, and Jupiter receives the Moon by Exaltation, but the Moon is not applying to Mercury.

In the second chart, the Moon hasn't separated from Jupiter.

rafaella

Thanks Bob for taking a look at this.... :)

For the sake of learning I will post my findings :

the outcome: there was no comunication with the person in question, and I believe I know why. I asked the same question in another website (skyscript) and was told that the retrograde Jupiter is the main culprit in chart one and Combust Mercury in chart 2... Jupiter being retrograde just returns the light of the Moon back to it without giving its own light, so its almost like Moon not trining Jupiter and straight away sextiling with Mercury without carrying the light of Jupiter...

The second chart shows Combust Mercury not being able to give its own light either, so Moon doesn't carry the light of Mercury to Jupiter...

I read up on tranlsation of Light and it seems Lilly mainly emhasised the translator to be within the orb of both significators, not much emphasis was given to receptions at all...

I was also told that maybe because the main significators were not in reception to each other plus being in mutable houses made it difficult to bring this to perfection....even though the Moon perfectly separarted from significator 1 and aspected to significator 2 in both charts....

But personally I feel the retrograde Jupiter and Mercury (combust) are the main culprits and it makes sense to me that they can't 'give' their lights to Moon as they both are debilitated.... so in essence Moon doesn't quite translate their lights....:)

Rafaella

BobZemco

For the sake of learning I will post my findings

Much appreciated. We can't learn without knowing the outcomes.

the outcome: there was no comunication with the person in question, and I believe I know why. I asked the same question in another website (skyscript) and was told that the retrograde Jupiter is the main culprit in chart one and Combust Mercury in chart 2... Jupiter being retrograde just returns the light of the Moon back to it without giving its own light, so its almost like Moon not trining Jupiter and straight away sextiling with Mercury without carrying the light of Jupiter...

The second chart shows Combust Mercury not being able to give its own light either, so Moon doesn't carry the light of Mercury to Jupiter...

Yes, those would all be things you would consider once you determined the initial criteria for Translation were met.

A Combust Planet is literally out-shined by the Sun. Observatories have to use special filters to see Planets that are Combust.

Then too, a Retrograde Significator can indicate someone who is uncertain; or deceptive; or who changes their mind, opinion or position; or who doesn't know what to do. Typically the Sign will which one (in this instance Jupiter in Pisces they probably just changed their mind).

I read up on tranlsation of Light and it seems Lilly mainly emhasised the translator to be within the orb of both significators, not much emphasis was given to receptions at all...

This is what he actually says:

William Lily said:
Translation of light and nature is, when a light Planet seperates from a more weighty one, and presently joyns to another more heavy; and its in this manner, Let Saturn be in 20. degr. of Aries: Mars in 15 of Aries, and Mercury in 16 of Aries; here Mercury being a swift Planet seperates from Mars, and translates the vertue of Mars unto Saturn. Its done also as well by any Aspect as by Conjunction. And the meaning hereof in judgment, is no more then thus; That if the matter or thing were promised by Saturn, then such a man as is signified by Mercury shall procure all the assistance a Mars man can doe unto Saturn, whereby the businesse may be the better effected; in Marriages, Lawsuits, and indeed in all vulgar questions Translation, is of great use, and ought well to be considered.

I believe they use Moiety, so the Orb for Jupiter is 10° and the Moiety would be 5°.

Lily jumps around a lot and loses his train of thought. He doesn't mention Reception here, but later in the text when he's doing examples and in other places he does mention the Planet being separated from has to receive the Translator.

I was also told that maybe because the main significators were not in reception to each other plus being in mutable houses made it difficult to bring this to perfection....even though the Moon perfectly separarted from significator 1 and aspected to significator 2 in both charts....

There's no way possible it could have happened.

Mercury and Jupiter are not in aspect. Worse than that, they are separating from an opposition without Reception. Jupiter is Cadent and Retrograde. Mercury opposing Jupiter from Virgo, which is the Detriment of Jupiter seriously damages Jupiter to the extent that Jupiter cannot perform. Likewise Mercury was harmed by the opposition from Pisces which is Mercury's Detriment, so Mercury cannot perform either.

The secondary significators, and this appears to be more of a relationship question than a communication question, are Venus/Mars who have separated.

The other set of secondary significators is the Planet the Moon last aspected for you, and the Planet next aspected for the Quesited which is Mercury.

It might seem that having the same significators is good, but that isn't true at all. Whenever you have the same significator for the matter, it is either never perfected or if it is, it comes apart and is destroyed.

Based on the chart, I would say whatever went on between you too wasn't what you thought it was. The chart is very negative on the whole. Both of the Fortunes, Jupiter and Venus are in sad, sad shape, in fact they are both Infortunes.

Even though the Moon is in Cancer, the trine with Cadent Retrograde Jupiter damaged it. You mentioned that before. The Moon tries to give its gifts to Jupiter, but because Jupiter is Cadent and Retrograde, Jupiter doesn't see them as gifts. It's like Jupiter is struggling through an airport carrying 6 huge suitcases, and Moon just dumped 9 more suitcases on him. Jupiter doesn't just give the suitcases back to Moon, he's mad and throws them back at Moon.

rafaella

Hi Bob...

That was very good explanation you gave for the chart giving negative outcomes...Loved your last paragraph by the way...lol

thanks again :)

R