air dominant- get out of head and into action

or1000

air dominant- how are they to get out of head and into action?
Air/water dominants find it harder to fulfill the general survival habits an earth sign/dominant would. Its how this can be concurred. I do believe in meditation etc, but that’s something that has to be done everyday. Do you believe this is what it takes? Anything to do with the subconscious?

Last edited:

Lykanized

Oh babes, as an Earth/Water dominant, I still have trouble being in my own head entirely too much and not taking action :pouty:, even being cardinal dominant with Mars on the ascendant. I think many things can play into these states so maybe you can elaborate on your experiences and explore what you feel is behind this inaction. Is it possibly fear or hopelessness, or is it something else? I've been exploring my own weaknesses a lot and I've realized it's very very complex if we look at our charts. There are many interplaying factors that come together, at least for me

Really, how to approach this depends on why you have trouble with being in your head rather than taking action. What do you mean by survival habits? You have trouble doing daily tasks that need to be done?

ardentika

I have Air Void and I'm the same haha. But I do have Saturn conj. Asc, so that might be the cause for delayed actions.
Until the pressure builds too much in my head and I go on aggressive actions. (Saturn opp. Mars)

So I think it's more than that, I don't think it's just air dominants. And yes, it IS entirely about the subconscious. Our charts are a map to out soul which lies in the subconscious mind, so you are on the right track with meditation!

or1000

I have Air Void and I'm the same haha. But I do have Saturn conj. Asc, so that might be the cause for delayed actions.
Until the pressure builds too much in my head and I go on aggressive actions. (Saturn opp. Mars)

So I think it's more than that, I don't think it's just air dominants. And yes, it IS entirely about the subconscious. Our charts are a map to out soul which lies in the subconscious mind, so you are on the right track with meditation!

I am learning more about astrology everyday; it helps my love for minds workings burn even brighter than before. A map to the soul! Wonderful.

or1000

Oh babes, as an Earth/Water dominant, I still have trouble being in my own head entirely too much and not taking action :pouty:, even being cardinal dominant with Mars on the ascendant. I think many things can play into these states so maybe you can elaborate on your experiences and explore what you feel is behind this inaction. Is it possibly fear or hopelessness, or is it something else? I've been exploring my own weaknesses a lot and I've realized it's very very complex if we look at our charts. There are many interplaying factors that come together, at least for me

Really, how to approach this depends on why you have trouble with being in your head rather than taking action. What do you mean by survival habits? You have trouble doing daily tasks that need to be done?

I wondered if it could be associated with the aloofness of air dominance.... followed by water. To get ideas up and running. I have Mercury opp Neptune/Uranus..... Lesson here is to not spend too long isolating one aspect as all parts of my chart play into one. I did wonder though, if earth dominant just innately have general better survival instincts? You know to keep life’s basic duties and looking after their health? before focusing on other things.

Last edited:

waybread

Mercury rules both an air sign (Gemini) and earth sign (Virgo.)

Air is more mental, even intellectual. Earth is more practical and Virgo is oriented towards practical solutions to physical probles.

I do have the impression that people with little or no air in their charts (and therefore who are necessarily higher in earth, water, and/or fire) sometimes have trouble standing back and taking a more rational approach to a problem. (Sorry, I don't mean to offend anyone: with my 5 planets in air, this is just my take on it.) They tend more to go on their feelings or instincts. Which sometimes is a lot more intuitive than over-thinking a problem, but sometimes a little analysis would be helpful.