Strong Mercury but why can´t I write?

MiaMiaMia

You are so very welcome.

I don't recall the details of how Merc changed over time, but I did begin to use it in my earlier career with technical writing and later in life I began writing astrological delineations, which is technical but also narrative. But not without a lot of doubt, even when extremely schooled bosses/astrologers said I was quite good.

So, how well you write is going to depend upon your willingness to do it a lot and also will depend upon the mindset you hold about it. It is important to be as kind and generous with yourself as you undertake to begin practice writing, of any kind. Daily journaling, anything really. But be kind to yourself as you would be to a toddler taking her first steps and falling down, a lot.

Kindness toward self is the cornerstone.

That´s awesome, I´ll try to remember your advice. And congratulations on your progress, I can imagine it took a lot of hard work!

MiaMiaMia

Would that astrology were not that simple.

No it does not mean that. You must look at your chart as a whole and that's just a starting place to help focus what you know.

I would say that you probably need to be in a major that allows you to express your high levels of creativity, and so you must enjoy doing what you are doing, and the school that you go to college in must be one that makes you feel good and makes you feel wanted

:tongue: Ha, ok, I´m done simplifying.:innocent:

Yes, this is advice I receive quite a lot but haven´t successfully integrated I´m afraid. Does the creativity in my chart point to anything in particular?

graay ghost

If you're looking at creative writing, that's more writing-as-art than communication. Venus, moon, and Jupiter may be more relevant than Mercury itself.

david starling

For communicating ideas and opinions, try identifying your "target audience". That will help you craft your writing in a way that will reach them, without preaching to them.

kshantaram

Premium Member
sun-mer acq, intellectual, literary-oratory aptitudes, reformist, innovative thinking;
may be better at computer typing-writing using technology;

mer retrograde, better at written communications;
acq mystic, breezy, uncertain; mer strong at 20 deg;

venus lord 3rd for communications-writings with jup over 5th trine own sag,
artistic, teaching-advisory-philosophical aptitudes/roles;

mer retro towards cap 6th calling for extra efforts;
sat-mars opp stress-struggle, entrepreneurial, tech aptitudes;
mars virgo critical attitude, assertive, good for audit-editorial roles;

may be wear green emerald over pendant touching heart;

hope inputs help reflect further, do share feedbacks,

wishing well, kshantaram

aquarius7000

Hi,

I absolutely do not think you have a weak Mercury, or third house. On the contrary, actually, your Mercury is quite decently placed - it is strong being angular (in the 7th house), it is sharp with a good grasping power by being in aspect to Mars, it is also sextile to a 5th-house Venus, which I am pretty sure gives you creative powers. I do not take Merc. rx or combustion too seriously in natal charts because in half the charts on this planet, you will find one or the other.

I think that Mars-Merc. gives you concentration issues and holding one interest for long. You need that in order to write. I do think though that you could write short stories or articles. You may even be good at writing children's stories. ANything that is short and quick. You also have Moon-Nep, which gives you a deep imaginative power.

Trouble with siblings indeed can be a result of Merc - Mars opp. It could be your ego gets bruised quite easily :p like trumpty's. What with a Leo Asc. and Leo Mars right there. :p

However, with Venus trining Mars, and Venus ruling your 4th house, it almost seems to me that your parents intervene or family helps patch things up.