Careers for the Sagittarius-Influenced

AppLeo

I'd say Sag's can do anything because not only are they an adaptive mutable sign, but they're a Fire sign so they can follow their heart. But this is what comes to my mind...

Sag Careers
- Philosophy
- Math
- Psychology
- Music
- Professional Sports
- Professor
- Teacher
- Guru or spiritual leader
- Def a Scientist of some sort

graay ghost

Anyway I'm not really sure how well careers can be divined by looking at charts. Like, I don't think anyone would have gu sees what I do or have done based on my chart.

AppLeo

Anyway I'm not really sure how well careers can be divined by looking at charts. Like, I don't think anyone would have gu sees what I do or have done based on my chart.

I don't think people can guess careers with charts easier, but it doesn't hurt to try.

sibylline

I'd say Sag's can do anything because not only are they an adaptive mutable sign, but they're a Fire sign so they can follow their heart. But this is what comes to my mind...

Sag Careers
- Philosophy
- Math
- Psychology
- Music

Why music or psychology?

Guessing is funnnn. :)

For the chart I listed, there are several indicators for teaching so it would have been one of my guesses but in other cases it is not so clear.

I actually know at least five Cancer Suns, Moons, and/or ASCs who are in the same or similar career as you. It is weird because I wouldn't have guessed that for Cancer but it's true.

graay ghost

For the chart I listed, there are several indicators for teaching so it would have been one of my guesses but in other cases it is not so clear.

I actually know at least five Cancer Suns, Moons, and/or ASCs who are in the same or similar career as you. It is weird because I wouldn't have guessed that for Cancer but it's true.

I guess a better question is if they enjoy what they do.

AppLeo

Why music or psychology?

Beethoven was a sag.

And psychology seems to fit the whole philosophy thing. Aristotle and Socrates were KIND OF fathers of psychology. Aristotle believed in introspection. Socrates believed in empiricism or that we are a "blank slate."

graay ghost

I'm curious now. What are the house placements of these Cancer people? We don't stereotype Cancers as having technical aptitude, sure, but I work in a very solitary environment, mostly only interacting with my boss on a daily basis, who I like, so it isn't a problem. Programmers are probably going to either work alone or on tight-knit teams so it's probably a comfortable environment for a reserved/cagey person whose major Cancer placement is in one of the more introverted houses.

Back to Sagittarius, I'm not sure a 4th house Sag would want to be a teacher, for example. The amount of people you have to interact with as a teacher might be tiring.
Save

sibylline

I guess a better question is if they enjoy what they do.

Yes, they do. I think only one of them isn't too keen on it. :)

I'm curious now. What are the house placements of these Cancer people?

I don't know all of their birth times but here is what I know:

1. Cancer Sun in the 8th house, Pisces Moon in 4th house, Scorpio Rising, Mercury in Leo in 9th, Mars in Cap in 3rd

(yup, this is my bf -- software engineering)

2. Sun/Mercury in Cancer, Scorpio Moon, houses unknown

3. Cancer Rising, Aquarius Moon in 8th house, Mercury in Scorpio, Sun in 4th

4. Cancer Sun, Virgo Moon, Cancer Merc, houses unknown

5. Sun/Mercury in Cancer in 3rd house, Scorpio Moon in 7th, Taurus Rising, Venus conjunct Mars in Leo in 5th house

We don't stereotype Cancers as having technical aptitude, sure, but I work in a very solitary environment, mostly only interacting with my boss on a daily basis, who I like, so it isn't a problem. Programmers are probably going to either work alone or on tight-knit teams so it's probably a comfortable environment for a reserved/cagey person whose major Cancer placement is in one of the more introverted houses.

I think the ideas about Cancer may need to be revamped. A lot of Cancers I know are great with tech, math, etc. I thought it was due to their proximity to Gemini but very few of the ones I know have any Gemini.

I was thinking about why they might be attracted to this field and yes, I came to the same conclusion. Being able to work alone or in small groups, with minimal outside interaction would be fitting for their placements.

Back to Sagittarius, I'm not sure a 4th house Sag would want to be a teacher, for example. The amount of people you have to interact with as a teacher might be tiring.

Sagittarius produces interesting people and thus interesting careers when it is one of the less outgoing houses.

sibylline

I have another Saggy chart for the day. Any guesses for the career? (Hint: the MC probably won't be really helpful in this but the chart ruler/ASC ruler will).

Attachments

• gwchart.jpg
    gwchart.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 45

graay ghost

I have another Saggy chart for the day. Any guesses for the career? (Hint: the MC probably won't be really helpful in this but the chart ruler/ASC ruler will).

Chart/Asc ruler and MC are in the same sign...

I want to say this person is an artist of some sort.

(Possibly of note for your Cancers is that even if they have no Gemini placements, you mention a lot with Cancer in house 3 or 4. Many people with Cancer in house 3 and some with house 4 will have their 2nd house cusp in Gemini.)

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

MC won't help huh.

Alright so we're working with Venus then. Located in the 9th. Are we looking at a performance artist who travels/ goes on tours?

conspiracy theorist

(Possibly of note for your Cancers is that even if they have no Gemini placements, you mention a lot with Cancer in house 3 or 4. Many people with Cancer in house 3 and some with house 4 will have their 2nd house cusp in Gemini.)

That, and the 3rd house's technical/technological connotations might be relevant too.

graay ghost

Why are "blue collar", hands-on careers, where things actually get done, off the table? White collar snobbery?:annoyed:

This person has NN right on their Ascendant, fiery sun and Mercury, the dispositor of the moon in Leo -- this person is fated for an ego. Art is the most egotistical thing you can do. Given Venus in Capricorn I'd assume something that requires a lot of technical proficiency. Maybe a pianist, or sculptor, but there aren't many of those so it's not likely.

david starling

Who said they were?

Now is a good time to ask you how you view Sagittarius and the kind of careers they would want to pursue. (You saw Lucky's chart right? He lived a very hands on life)

Electrician. My Sagittarian brother became an excellent electrician, always in demand. Anything in the construction industry that requires quick-thinking, versatility, physical fitness, and manual skills.

conspiracy theorist

Electrician. My Sagittarian brother became an excellent electrician, always in demand. Anything in the construction industry that requires quick-thinking, versatility, physical fitness, and manual skills.

I see what you're saying. Just to add to the stereotype of jack of all trades, I did a certificate in auto mechanics a couple years back. (Due to a lot of administrative issues many of us couldn't complete it)

Saying all of that, the charts that Sibyl has posted thus far seems to be less inclined to physical labour and more on the "white collar" side.