Will I get a girlfriend?

Michael

I was feeling good in a romantic sense, so I asked:

Ascendant is in Taurus. Ruler of Taurus is Venus. Venus is in 7th house. Venus is very strong.

Moon is in Cancer conjunct Sirius. Jupiter trines Moon. Looks good.

MC is in an I.F. (Increasing fortune) degree.

What do you think?

Attachments

• horary_girlfriend.jpg
    horary_girlfriend.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 36

waybread

Michael, I'm sure you're a wonderful guy for the right girl, but I'm not getting a yes from this chart.

With your interests in horary, I hope you will learn how to read a horary chart. There is an on-line tutorial at Skyscript, plus some good books out there.

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/horary_intro.html

Basically the querent (you) are symbolized by the planet ruling the sign on the cusp of the first house, Venus. A girlfriend would be a 7th house matter, ruled by Mars (traditional ruler of Scorpio.) Venus in the 7th house definitely shows your interests, but Mars and Venus do not have an applying aspect. Even if we stretch it a bit, Venus is going to hit the sun (a condition called combust) before she can complete a sextile with Mars. So the sun prohibits the action. Then Mars (you) is in detriment in the sign of Libra and in the weak 6th house. It looks like you're not in a great position right now to make a move.

The moon (your emotional stake in the matter) does not apply to a major aspect with Mars (GF) either.

If we turn to a table of essential dignities, we can see that Mars is in the sign of Venus but Venus doesn't return the favour. Mars is in its own terms in Libra, but Venus in Sagittarius isn't exchanging any essential dignity with Mars.

At this point I wonder, do you even have a possible GF in mind or do you simply hope to meet the right person sometime soon?

Also in horary, you wouldn't normally look at planets unrelated to the specific question, unlike in natal chart interpretation. Separating aspects mean that a given action is past or unlikely to be fulfilled. If you want something to happen, look for applying aspects between the significators. The moon's next aspect is going to be a square with Mars (her.) Which is sort of like, even you found your dream girl, the relationship probably wouldn't work out.

But do not despair. You can ask a different question any time, or repeat this question in a few months time.

tikana

I dont think u need astrology to be able to subtract lunar degree from mars'degree

If calculato is not around, use abacus.

Tik

waybread

Michael, you've got two different opinions. My concern is the moon squaring Mars. I'd say Tikana is the expert around here, not me. But please post here again to let us know what happens within the next few months.

For sure, I hope you do find your special someone sooner rather than later.

Michael

I dont think u need astrology to be able to subtract lunar degree from mars'degree

If calculato is not around, use abacus.

Tik

Moon degree: 15°32' Cancer

Mars degree: 27°48" Libra

Mars degree - Moon degree = 15°32 - 27°48 = 12°17

Am I doing it right?

Last edited:

Chrysalis

Moon degree: 15°32' Cancer

Mars degree: 27°48" Libra

Mars degree - Moon degree = 15°32 - 27°48 = 12°17"

Am I doing it right?

Yes your doing it correctly, but just round it to the nearest whole number...i.e 12.

And how are you inputting the degree symbol ? I don't seem to have this on my laptop :unsure:

tikana

Michael

you are on right path

However .. do not expect this relationship to last

that weak mars (the gf) cannot give you what you need

then venus you is chasing sun - you will be overwhelmed ..

relationship will be short lived most likely.

T