Sun Square Moon & Inner Stress

TamaraL

I 've been reading about the relationship of Sun/Moon in my chart & beginning to see how important it is in my chart. Both in mutable signs Sun in Pisces squares my Sagittarius Moon. (Last Quarter) So, I wonder how do you experience this specific aspect & any advice on how to deal with it.

I could safely say I find myself in an 'identity crisis' ever since I formed my personality (since 11-15 I am questioning the reason for being here, and how could I change society though my ideas/actions) I always question my self & existence, set very high goals in relationships (& career) and as a result I am getting disappointed all the time.This aspect could have creative repercussions from what I have read so far. Also I 've been "accused" of not being emotionally open, over thinking & being afraid of leaving my comfort zone, like working in different environments.

I don't think I understand emotional satisfaction on a practical level & there is a tendency to live my life in my head. Not necessarily a disaster. I get satisfaction through my ideas, though artistic creativity, by seeing others observing something I have created.Even as kid.I struggle with letting go and do random things to please my self. Also I have been called my own worst enemy & I never say anything good to my self for my achievements. (But instead I am greedy for more achievements...Its kind of sad realizing it.But its a pattern.)
My parents are not divorced (which I find strange with the square aspect) and are very different as emotional beings.They don't express their emotions in the outside world & it was difficult relating to them while growing up. I get angry very easily when they are around.

Now, for the present I am trying to understand myself.I don't want to lie about fake breakthroughs. There are not any at the moment. I am afraid that this aspect is the worst aspect in my chart because it cannot really be adjusted.
The other danger is the process of self -victimization or self-pity.

"The danger is falling victim to your own powerful desire nature, and being perpetually frustrated through aiming high and losing an appreciation of what exists in the present. There can be a restless, searching qulity to this apsect which results from the need to resolve deep inner conflicts; the problem is finding the way to achieve those desires. This need stimulates inner questioning, especially related to 'What's it all about?' and 'What is the meaning of life?' These become promptings from your inner Sun..."
[edited quote over 100 words against Forum rules - Moderator]
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/astrological-aspects/sun-square-moon.php

Attachments

• NatalPlacidus.jpg
    NatalPlacidus.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

theV

I think Pisces sun square Sagittarius is a last quarter moon. Anyway, your struggle stems from early differences/conflicts in parents' temper/personality. Finding emotional support and focus to go after your goal can be hard, as you are pulled down. The squad creates tension and energy so you are always working on yourself even you are pulled down. Moodiness can occur and level energy drooping. You need to create independent personality from your parents. Recognize the destructive behavior pattern that you inherited from your parents and fix them. Sun square Moon channels their parents' negative side.

post the whole chart.

TamaraL

I think Pisces sun square Sagittarius is a last quarter moon. Anyway, your struggle stems from early differences/conflicts in parents' temper/personality. Finding emotional support and focus to go after your goal can be hard, as you are pulled down. The squad creates tension and energy so you are always working on yourself even you are pulled down. Moodiness can occur and level energy drooping. You need to create independent personality from your parents. Recognize the destructive behavior pattern that you inherited from your parents and fix them. Sun square Moon channels their parents' negative side.

post the whole chart.

You are right, I made a mistake its a last quarter moon.I had previously underestimated the negative power of Sun square Moon.My parents seemed functional on an external level(there was no visible abuse or visible dysfunctions), you can say they looked more like friends than lovers when I was growing up.I never perceived them as lovers as I was growing.Maybe my dad (Sun) was too focused in his career and he was absent due to that fact.The problem is I am not good at realizing the subtlety of being pulled down (even by my own mind). I am cosidered a very focused person when it comes to my career goals. I have uploaded my chart.

Last edited:

theV

LOL I have the same placement as you except my Sun is in Virgo 9 and Moon in Saggitarius 5. The tension does give focus and concentration and energy to pursue your goals. In Last quarter Moon, the 10th house is strong as the part of fortune is there. In the new moon, the first house is strong. in the first quarter, the four house is strong and full moon the 7th house is strong. So people with Last quarter tends to focus on 10th house

The key word for the Last Quarter is readjustment. It is the hardest to identify as many of its characteristics are hidden. As the First Quarter experiences “crisis in action”, the Third Quarter experiences “crisis in consciousness”. Old systems and values are becoming useless. It is hard for people born at this time to relate to life in the here and now. They often appear to be living in a world of their own, when in actuality they are going through an internal process of reorientation. They will present to the world an acceptable face...
[edited quote over 100 words - Moderator - from: https://cafeastrology.com/natal/lunarphases.html ]

Last edited by a moderator:

TamaraL

LOL I have the same placement as you except my Sun is in Virgo 9 and Moon in Saggitarius 5. The tension does give focus and concentration and energy to pursue your goals. In Last quarter Moon, the 10th house is strong as the part of fortune is there. In the new moon, the first house is strong. in the first quarter, the four house is strong and full moon the 7th house is strong. So people with Last quarter tends to focus on 10th house

The key word for the Last Quarter is readjustment. It is the hardest to identify as many of its characteristics are hidden. As the First Quarter experiences “crisis in action”, the Third Quarter experiences “crisis in consciousness”. Old systems and values are becoming useless. It is hard for people born at this time to relate to life in the here and now. They often appear to be living in a world of their own, when in actuality they are going through an internal process of reorientation. They will present to the world an acceptable face...
[edited quote over 100 words - Moderator - from: https://cafeastrology.com/natal/lunarphases.html ]

Thank you for the quote, it resonates with older-current experiences.Indeed I appear to live in a world of my own & I find time-alone useful and productive. I don't have many relationships & deep friendships, but I am in the process of trying to form/find them. My instincts somehow made me focus on the 10th House as I am not family oriented. Interesting to see that the moon placement/phase has a played a major role.It doesn't sound so negative anymore but there is inner anxiety & pressure. It feels good to hear someone else has the same placement.

Thank you theV

theV

Your chart holds a lot of potential and abilities. There is a lot of creative power waiting to be used. Moon in the 5th house, Venus/node, Pluto 5th house indicates artistic/creative abilities.

cosmicseeing

Sun 22 Gemini square Moon 0 Libra. (First Quarter Moon)

The parental conflicts I experienced as a child were very.. prominent. My biological parents had many issues. They had three kids and from what I heard they got together, had a kid, broke up, repeat. All three of us were adopted by my biological mother's older sister. I am blessed because of this.

Still, with my adopted parents, I feel the square. Their suns are square. Libra mom/Pisces dad. Moon is conjunct Mars 27 Virgo. There was a lot of strife between my mom and sisters and I when I was growing up, I felt this aspect a lot when I was a teen, 13-15. The relationship with my mom has become peaceful, but my relationship with my sisters is still kinda rocky..

TheV, I really relate to the moodiness/ energy drooping, and the search for emotional support on my pursuits. Thank you both for the lovely discussion I just read! I've never looked into the phases of the moon before this.

My 4th house is empty, but my 10th holds my sun, mercury and venus.

Lovely day to you both. Again, thank you for this cool discussion I just read.