Animal rulerships

Moog

I'm sure there's got to be a list of this somewhere.

What animals are ruled by which planets/signs?

Or am I just being inebriated

Choe

Wonderful topic. There is a list in fact, I had seen it, I just don't remember the author. I'll try to find it.

Last edited:

Choe

Here is what I found in a non-english book: Wild big cats are Leo, small pet cats are Virgo.|Poisonous animals are ruled by Pluto and Neptun. |Reptiles are Pluto and Scorpio.|Animals with horns are Saturn.|Worms are Saturn and Pluto.| Gooses are Jupiter.|Animals with valuable fur are Jupiter.|The lizard itself is not only Pluto,but also Pisces. |Hamsters(aww) are Moon and Cancer.| Stag is Aries and/or Sagittarius.| Hedgehogs are Mars.| Camel-Saturn :smile: |Fox-Mercury. | Donkey- Saturn/Gemini.| Monkey-Mercury,Gemini.| Mouse-Mercury/Pluto. | Rat-Saturn/Pluto. |Cock-Sun. |Snail-Moon.| Frog is Moon,Cancer.| Rabbit-Mercury| Snake-Pluto and Saturn| Wolf-Saturn and Mars| Skunk-Pluto| Raccoon-Saturn| Cat is Venus,dog is Jupiter and Mars (interesting, cat vs.dog Venus opposite Mars)| Giraffe-Capricorn| |Panther-Mars and Sun| Tiger-Mars and Uranus(I guess this is because of the original look)| Otter-Moon.| Тurkey-Jupiter.|

Last edited:

Choe

Aries rules hamsters, Gemini rules Jellyfish and Libra rules camels, I believe.

Can you explain why do you think this,pls?

'Cause I think hamsters and their fellow cousins are too fragile to be Aries. They are rather Moon and rodents in general are Mercury because of their active mouth/jaw.

Last edited:

fullmoonlibra

great topic!
and how to combine this with the birthday of the animal?
for example my cat with sun cancer, moon aquarius is just like the signs tells it.

Choe

great topic!
and how to combine this with the birthday of the animal?
for example my cat with sun cancer, moon aquarius is just like the signs tells it.

Cat is still a mystery for me. I mean the pet animal.

Dogs all right:Jupiter and Mars sounds logical, but cats?? It's hard for me to believe that they are only Venus. I always perceived them as Moon and Scorpio. So I would give the cats the feminine planets: both Moon and Venus. And some scorpio.

Last edited:

fullmoonlibra

I googled 'animals astrologically', and there was a video of guitaoist. Omg, I have forgotten of that guy,he's hot :biggrin: and we used to chat about astrology ages ago. However,I find his talking a bit monotone,and he himself says that he has such voice because of Jupiter in Pisces.

Ok now: here is what I found in a non-english book: Wild big cats are Leo, small pet cats are Virgo.|Poisonous animals are ruled by Pluto and Neptun. |Reptiles are Pluto and Scorpio.|Animals with horns are Saturn.|Warms are Saturn and Pluto.| Gooses are Jupiter.|Animals with valuable fur are Jupiter.|The lizard itself is not only Pluto,but also Pisces. |Hamsters(aww) are Moon and Cancer.| Stag is Aries and/or Sagittarius.| Hedgehogs are Mars.| Camel-Saturn :smile: |Fox-Mercury. | Donkey- Saturn/Gemini.| Monkey-Mercury,Gemini.| Mouse-Mercury/Pluto. | Rat-Saturn/Pluto. |Cock-Sun. |Snail-Moon.| Frog is Moon,Cancer.| Rabbit-Mercury| Snake-Pluto and Saturn| Wolf-Saturn and Mars| Skunk-Pluto| Raccoon-Saturn| Cat is Venus,dog is Jupiter and Mars (interesting, cat vs.dog Venus opposite Mars)| Giraffe-Capricorn| |Panther-Mars and Sun| Tiger-Mars and Uranus(I guess this is because of the original look)| Otter-Moon.|

Are (small) cats now virgo or venus ruled?
And so less pisces?? Is there a reason for?

Rebel Uranian

I hope it's not too late to post here...

Just from experience, I'd say cats in general are Venus in Capricorn, and dogs in general are Mars in Aquarius. Just giving Venus and even the Moon to cats without any further specification isn't fully descriptive because cats always come across to me as the loneliest animals, especially the smaller cats, but Venus and the Moon are usually considered more social or at least relational. Cats are also not nearly as changeable as the Moon or willing to please as Venus. As for dogs, most dogs are very social, at least with humans if not with other dogs (I know a dog like that) and Mars is generally considered anti-social, at least to me, so there must be a sanguine sign (Air sign) or planet (Jupiter) involved.

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”
― Robert A. Heinlein

“Never try to outstubborn a cat.”
― Robert A. Heinlein

I think there actually is one Robert Heinlein book that doesn't talk about cats. Actually, there is probably more than that and I just haven't read enough...

dr. farr

Also, Rex Bills "Rulership Book" covers quite a few animals; for an earlier outlook, you will find many indications in Ibn Ezra's "Beginning of Wisdom" (12th century) and in Al-Biruni's "Book of Introduction to the Elements of Astrology" (11th century)

dr. farr

For those who have looked at this question (historically mostly those with a more esoteric outlook), its been a toss-up between Gemini and Aquarius (I lean toward the majority of oldtime opinion here and tend to go with Gemini)

VeryVenus

Here is what I found in a non-english book: Wild big cats are Leo, small pet cats are Virgo.|Poisonous animals are ruled by Pluto and Neptun. |Reptiles are Pluto and Scorpio.|Animals with horns are Saturn.|Worms are Saturn and Pluto.| Gooses are Jupiter.|Animals with valuable fur are Jupiter.|The lizard itself is not only Pluto,but also Pisces. |Hamsters(aww) are Moon and Cancer.| Stag is Aries and/or Sagittarius.| Hedgehogs are Mars.| Camel-Saturn :smile: |Fox-Mercury. | Donkey- Saturn/Gemini.| Monkey-Mercury,Gemini.| Mouse-Mercury/Pluto. | Rat-Saturn/Pluto. |Cock-Sun. |Snail-Moon.| Frog is Moon,Cancer.| Rabbit-Mercury| Snake-Pluto and Saturn| Wolf-Saturn and Mars| Skunk-Pluto| Raccoon-Saturn| Cat is Venus,dog is Jupiter and Mars (interesting, cat vs.dog Venus opposite Mars)| Giraffe-Capricorn| |Panther-Mars and Sun| Tiger-Mars and Uranus(I guess this is because of the original look)| Otter-Moon.| Тurkey-Jupiter.|

This is a very interesting topic and I want to chime in! You are dead wrong about classifying a RACCOON to Saturn. I would like to know your sources, because I just checked quite a few books and none of them mentioned that. In fact Saturn is cold, and diurnal, masculine planet.

And yet, Cornelius Agrippa writes that animals ruled by Saturn are "nightly" (raccoons are more active at night, true), lonely (not true, they live in packs and you can see a ton of them in the urban areas - raccoons are hell of social creatures, in fact they love to play or interact with other animal species) , eat their babies (raccoons do not eat their babies!!!), they are sort of slow or they can stand still for a long period of time before making a sudden dash of a move, like owls (raccoons are very fast animals, and they can stand on their hind legs, but NOT for long periods of time), they are sad or serious thoughtful expression of an older person, who knows life: someone who is careful and fearful too, as Saturn lends suspicious mind (wolves, camels, donkeys, cats).

Now there are SOME features that Saturn does give and that's the famous black face mask. Another feature is raccoons are awesome scavengers and they can go to your yard, and dig inside your dumpster for leftover food. A place like dumpster would be ruled by Saturn (as well as underground holes). They also can jump easily any fences (Saturn rules fences). They are definitely aggressive but not nearly as aggressive like wolves or bears!!!:devil: And people are known to keep them as pets! They can be very playful and friendly (when they want to) and prone to man's company.
Yet not gentle enough to have Jupiter or Venus.
So that leaves us Mars (would make them bloodthirsty, but Raccoons are omnivorous and can eat almost anything including watermelon ), Moon and Mercury (would make them deceitful).
I will say Moon because they love to eat (they are omnivorous and do tend to get overweight a lot) and grey is one of the colors ruled by the Moon (along with silver and white). There's gray of their fur and also grey of the pavement on the roads they roam. And since Moon is out and in the open a lot, so do Raccoons openly invade our humans space.

So I am ready to conclude that Raccoons are of nature both Saturn and Moon.:smile:

Love2Know

Gross I dont want the moon ruling frogs and nails or fragil smelly hamsters. From now on The moon rules unicorns, dragons, maybe dolphines, aliens, wolves and foxes... possibly sloths as well.