Relocated Ascendant Opposite Neptune 3° Seperating

mtobler

I need a little more help and info on this one.
How problematic can this one turn out to be ?
I already checked the interpretation on astro.com but it was very limited.
The ascendant is in 29° Gemini or would be for that matter if I relocate to this location.

Ok I uploaded the charts as suggested:D

Attachments

• MTobler-Vancouver.gif
    MTobler-Vancouver.gif
    29.7 KB · Views: 18
  • MTobler-Winnipeg.gif
    MTobler-Winnipeg.gif
    29.1 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
I personally don't beleive in relocated charts. Your birth chart is where you were born and that's ultimately final.

Relocated charts are used only (in my opinion) in Solar returns, where you are when you sun returns to natal position.

Have you tried the astrocartography on astro.com, go to free horoscopes, then look to right. Astrocartography works and there is forum on AW that covers this and on astro.com on interactive, travel they offer astrocartography/world maps, which has its place and explains which planets rules lat and long where you relocate to and how this will affect you in this location.

Have just realised where the confusion may be on astro.com to get a solar return for a new location, you have to find the option to use a relocated chart, which does mean changing location from where natally you were born to where you are living now. This is just so you can get a relocated solar return only.....

Last edited:

starlink

MTobler, both your charts have expired. Please do use the link Aquarius7000 provided for you in order to upload a chart which is permanent.

What do you mean with "the chart of my current place". Were you born here or did you make a chart for the moment you started living in that place? I have never done relocating charts, but I can imagine that a new location could be more in tune with your birthchart, so is this what you want to look at?

I think that you must compare the relocation chart with your birthchart.

When exactly to choose the "birthdate" of your new place of home is a big question of course. Is it the first day you enter your new home to live there? Is it the day you register as a new citizen? or is it the day you entered the new city or country? You must have an hour and place, significant enough to draw a chart for it.

katydid

starlink said:
What do you mean with "the chart of my current place". Were you born here or did you make a chart for the moment you started living in that place? I have never done relocating charts, but I can imagine that a new location could be more in tune with your birthchart, so is this what you want to look at?

I think the OP was referring to the traditional method of relocational charts. In the standard practice, one recalculates one's birth chart, using the latitiude and longitude of the new location. So perhaps, instead of having Aquarius on your MC, your new location will give you Capricorn there. Your Moon may be moved from the 8th to the 9th, as all the planets shift one house sometimes.

I used to do quite a few location charts for kids choosing colleges and such.
I find them to be very accurate and telling. The theory behind them is very sound imo. And of course, you are comparing them to the template of your true birthchart, which never really changes.

mtobler

I think it is also important to take into consideration the tight orbs which are involved at both locations.

I want to also clarify that I am currently living in Vancouver and intend to move to Winnipeg.
Personally I think it would be a wise decision, but perhaps I am missing out on something vital here (nep opp asc ?)

Last edited:

katydid

The Winnipeg chart has a few things that seem nicer than the vancouver one does.

W= Sun/venus conjunct IC [ Ic is important in relocation charts because you are asking about the importance of a 'new home.' The Sun /Venus on the IC is lovely, and you may really feel at home and relaxed and happy there.

V=This is preferable to Vancouver, which has Mars conjunct the IC. Lots of difficulty feeling relaxed and comfortable here.

W=your neptune is conjunct the desc and thus, opposed the new asc' Is this move happening because of a new relationship? If so, I would want you to keep your eyes wide open, because it 'may' be too good to be true.
However, the aspects for your move there are pretty wonderful, so as long as you do not rely completely upon tis other person to make the move, it may still be a good move for you in the long run, with or without the relationship.

V=You have Chiron sitting on the asc here, and it is almost like having an open wound wherever you turn, whomever you speak to. It is like people seeing your weakness, before seeing your true strengths, and I HOPE you have done some real soul searching
and worked on those weak spots while here. [ 1" Gemini= friends, neighbors,education
have held you back in some ways, time to move past it all.]

mtobler

Hi Katy and Thanks for your input !
I definately want to gather more opinions before making a final decision.
The nice thing about Winnipeg is that it would only take me a *days drive* from Vancouver. It beats any other location I permanently may relocate to.
Other possible countrys are Switzerland and Germany but there is nothing positive there.

I can tell you a dozen discouraging and bad stories about my life here in Vancouver. I have suffered tremedously for the past 5 or so years, especially healthwise ! At least my jupiter would fall in the 6th house in Winnipeg :D

Still trying to think how I would organize myself to make this a reality. I would basically have to start from anew with absolutely nothing...

Nevertheless I can assure you I am not doing this because of a love relationship....

( I dont know of what significance this might be but in Winnipeg I have TWO GRAND TRINES between the MC-ASC - SATURN and PLUTO)

Last edited:

AquariusT

It doesn't always have to be negative. Perhaps you will meet your soulmate. Even if it is a friend, or business partner..or a love :D

However, I am not sure I would feel comfortable with that aspect. 29 the crying degree and all, and opposing that Nep.

Relocation charts are very important, and ring very true, btw. You must take into account the aspects of the relocated place in yor natal chart and how your life there will be affected.

mtobler

Hi !

Well I could relocate to Winnipeg beach and put my ascendant in 0 degrees Cancer ;)

hmm thats an interesting idea you are proposing about comparing my natal with the relocated chart.

What would your preferred method be in doing this ?
As in a composite chart with my natal and relocated self ? Or a synastry chart ?

mtobler said:
Hi !

Well I could relocate to Winnipeg beach and put my ascendant in 0 degrees Cancer ;)

hmm thats an interesting idea you are proposing about comparing my natal with the relocated chart.

What would your preferred method be in doing this ?
As in a composite chart with my natal and relocated self ? Or a synastry chart ?

Neither, either create an 'electional chart' for the time, date you actually move or use 'astrocartography' as on astro.com interactive horoscopes that will explain, describe your experience in that location.
Astrocartography works and there is forum on AW that covers this and on astro.com on interactive, travel they offer astrocartography/world maps, which has its place and explains which planets rules lat and long where you relocate to and how this will affect you in this location. It is my personal opinion that relocated ‘birth charts’ don’t work, there are plenty of other techniques available.

Relocated birth charts are more or less astrocartography, whereby all your natal planets are stretched out over the globe and uses lat and long to discover best place to live. Apparently relocated birth charts does something similar (but not as widely used or known as astrocartography) whereby especially over the Angles could bring a planet out of 12, 3 6 or 9th to become much more active

[deleted recommendation to not use relocated birth charts that sounded like a command - Moderator]

Last edited:

katydid

[deleted comment on recommendation that sounded like a command - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

starlink

Hello Katy,

I used to do quite a few location charts for kids choosing colleges and such.
I find them to be very accurate and telling.
Really? I must try that with the place I live in now and maybe with the 16 or so other places I lived to see what really changed. Very interesting.
So if you choose a college, you take the latitude and longitude of where that college is and then you see if the new chart looks "happy" or has lots of difficult aspects, telling you that that college is not really adequate? Or do you look specifically at the Moon and Sun, in order to see if the child feels comfortable in the new location? What are the main points you would look at? I would appreciate just a small info:) Thanks.

Starlink

katydid

starlink said:
Hello Katy,

Really? I must try that with the place I live in now and maybe with the 16 or so other places I lived to see what really changed. Very interesting.
So if you choose a college, you take the latitude and longitude of where that college is and then you see if the new chart looks "happy" or has lots of difficult aspects, telling you that that college is not really adequate? Or do you look specifically at the Moon and Sun, in order to see if the child feels comfortable in the new location? What are the main points you would look at? I would appreciate just a small info:) Thanks.

Starlink

Here is the essence, from Jim Lewis's website [ the architect of Astrocartography, who also uses relocation charts.]

The Relocation Effect
For Jim Lewis, the principle of angularity was the key to understanding the effect of relocation. Instead of looking at the entire relocated chart, we only need look at the planets which become angular through relocation. These are the ones which will become "activated"; these are the ones which are essentially different from their behavior in the birth chart. Now relocation becomes much more similar to the example of transits that we discussed earlier. As an individual travels to zones where his birth planets are angular, those planets will affect the operation of the birth chart in much the same way as a transiting planet affects the chart. Of course, one obvious difference between these two situations is very exciting: There is nothing you can do to change the moment or the character of a transit. But moving to a different location on earth is well within our control, and you can often stay as long as you want!"----------------------------------------------------

So the key to a relocation chart is looking at what happens to the planets in relation to the new angles. If your 6th house mars, now becomes an angular mars, that can be beneficial or detrimental, depending upon the natal aspects and the 'reason' for relocating. If a wrestler was on scholarship , then the angular mars would be helpful. If a student had anger issues, and was on probation for fighting, then , not so much. :eek:

Unless you are moving overseas, the planets are probably only shifting to the next or previous house. So it is often possible to bring a 12th house Sun out to the 1st, or a Moon out of the shadows as well. Bringing something positive out of the 12th and into the 1st seems to work really well, but one must be more cautious when unleashing pluto or neptune from the 12th.
The relocated 1st incorporates ones first impression , how others see them.
In college that is vital for ones self esteem. So anything coming from the 12th or 6th that will now conjunct or oppose the ascendant is important to look at. One shy girl went to a university where her 12th house Pisces Venus
came to the 1st, conjunct the asc. At first it was great. She began dating and getting a lot of attention for the first time in her life. However her dating and romantic life took over and she dropped out and went to beauty school instead. MAYBE she would have done that anyway, but I am not sure.

Looking at what happens to the IC is very important as well in terms of 'feeling at home' or not. If someone has their 3rd house Uranus move into their 4th, especially conjunct the IC, it can be stressful and unsettling.

So in summary, look FIRST at any planets conjunct or opposed your relocated angles. They are of primary importance. Interpret them as you would transits or progressions.

Then look at sign changes of asc or mc. [My mc changed from Aquarius to Cap when we moved to Sun Valley Idaho, and it was not a good thing for my astrology practice.:eek: ]

Finally, look at house changes. Those will take longer to affect your life so to speak, but it is a subtle vibrational difference.

Your chart is perfect to corroborate or not the effect of relocations since you have moved so often. Plug your natal into these other locations and see if any of the places had exact conjunctions to the angles of any of your natal planets. it ought to speak to you if so...:cool:

starlink

Katy, many many thanks for your explanatory post. This is new to me because, as you know, astrology goes into many different directions, and there are just so many you can deal with, so I never got into relocation, nor mundane astrology, but once I get into contact with an area I have not been in touch with before, it always tickles my curiosity, so this is really interesting and I will print it out. I will visit Mr. Lewis's Website as well.

Really happy with this info. :)

Starlink

katydid

http://astrocartography.net/Members/ACGnet/articles/fundamentals-of-astro-carto-graphy-r/angularity

This is the website that had Jim Lewis's excerpt.

I know exactly what you mean about the many , too many, different directions of Astrological studies. That is how I feel about horary--always wanted to explore it more fully, never have. This forum is the perfect place to start and I have been studying the questions that come in. But it seems so complicated... yikes.

I did a lot of relocation charts because I was living in Southern California, where everyone was coming and going it seemed. My astrology teacher said that if you are consistently 'off' on the timing of a clients transits, to look at their relocated angles, because it would often show up there,perfectly.

Moving north/south does not have that big an effect, but moving 2 hours east/west can shift a whole house. A lot of my clients were from back East and it did affect their angles tremendously, and I did see transits being triggered by their relocated angles if they LIVED here now.

I am really curious to see if any of your planets were on any angles when you relocated to certain areas, and if you noticed the changes.

mtobler

Does anyone know more about Parans and what they exactly signify ?
Or is it just the number of parans at a given location that indicate something fateful ?

Also I was wondering if someone can suggest a good date for this move to Winnipeg ?
Do I look only at transits ?

starlink

I am really curious to see if any of your planets were on any angles when you relocated to certain areas, and if you noticed the changes.
I will have to find a quiet time for doing this. I bit of a hectic time at the moment for me, but I hope I can inform you on this at a later time.

katydid

starlink said:
I will have to find a quiet time for doing this. I bit of a hectic time at the moment for me, but I hope I can inform you on this at a later time.

Of course- you can just do it in your 'imaginary' time...;)