Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.

Unread 06-21-2010, 04:21 PM

let's talk about the moon...

kthxbai!!!

Last edited by lacellrein; 07-16-2010 at 09:56 AM.
Unread 06-22-2010, 04:01 AM

Re: let's talk about the moon...

A study of Lunar influences is a major part of astrological study; read Charles Carter, Robert Hand, try and get Volguine's "Lunar Astrology", and after making this basic study you'll be in a good position to understand the Moon!
Unread 06-22-2010, 02:27 PM
Banned

Firstly, for a proper evaluation you should consider posting your chart with progressions and transits on same wheel found in extended chart selection. Reduce the ratio of orbs to 80%, select smallest image size 63% on picture,then choose house system (my personal preference is for Equal house rather than the default of placidus), right mouse click and select 'save target pic as' and save to hard drive then upload here
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24043
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24042
Unread 06-22-2010, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacellrein View Post
i actually have a heavily challenged moon and i never actually notice my emotions. of course moon can be more than emotions right?
It represents needs, nourishment, the emotional self, feminine/receptive/Yin, the subsconscious mind, and the soul or superconscious mind. IMHO it's more important than the Sun, but then I'm a "Moon programmer" -when people's Suns can't solve their problems they come see me.
Unread 06-22-2010, 03:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horus View Post
It represents needs, nourishment, the emotional self, feminine/receptive/Yin, the subsconscious mind, and the soul or superconscious mind. IMHO it's more important than the Sun, but then I'm a "Moon programmer" -when people's Suns can't solve their problems they come see me.
I've never thought that moon could be subconscious mind. Your Higher Self or I AM PRESCENCE I am assuming this is what you refer to as 'superconscious mind?'

Moon is instictive programming, the need to nurture others and self. What's IMHO pls?
Unread 06-22-2010, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrologer50 View Post
I've never thought that moon could be subconscious mind. Your Higher Self or I AM PRESCENCE I am assuming this is what you refer to as 'superconscious mind?'

Moon is instictive programming, the need to nurture others and self. What's IMHO pls?
In My Humble Opinion.

Many astrological sources list the Moon as subconscious mind -as well as they should for that is the emotional self -emotional body. The subc is also the database of memories. Many sources also list it as representing the "soul", which is the spiritual body (or superconscious mind) lodged within the subconscious mind in the Simmerman Model of the Triune Mind. When negative beliefs and programming are completely removed and healed within the subconscious, continuous access to the superconscious by the conscious mind is established and that is enlightenment. Temporary access can be forged in trance. This is practical, functional knowledge used effectively in the practice of hypnotherapy and neuro-linguistic programming.

Last edited by Horus; 06-22-2010 at 04:26 PM.
Unread 06-22-2010, 05:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
The subc is also the database of memories. Many sources also list it as representing the "soul", which is the spiritual body (or superconscious mind) lodged within the subconscious mind in the Simmerman Model of the Triune Mind. When negative beliefs and programming are completely removed and healed within the subconscious, continuous access to the superconscious by the conscious mind is established and that is enlightenment. Temporary access can be forged in trance. This is practical, functional knowledge used effectively in the practice of hypnotherapy and neuro-linguistic programming.
Nice one, being a hypnotherapist myself I quite understand where you are coming from

I prefer the word, I AM presence and/or Higher Self rather than superconscious. The connection to H/S is extremely valuable. I am initiated into Shamballa MDH healing ( a higher vibration than Reiki) and this gives a stronger connection to H/S.
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...2&postcount=24

Now I belong to various healing organisations and here is a really fasincating one called Empower-disc by an Israeli born, half english man called Coby Zvikler. His disc and system gives you the opportunity, link, communication directly with your IAM Prescence, or Higher Self in a language it understands and will work with you on.....

Imagine a technology that allows you to speak to and access your higher intelligence in a language it can understand and react to. You can expand your mind and body's capabilities beyond your wildest imagination unlocking the secrets it possesses.

http://www.freebooks-online.com/

Thousands of people around the world are now benefiting from this life transforming system.
  • Would you like to be able to relieve physical or emotional pain in minutes?

• Would you like to discover your hidden talent and express your positive potential?
http://www.freebooks-online.com/Home%20Q&A%20What%20is%20the%20Em-Power%20Disc.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soBOotdOGeE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66dcfd-OwH8&NR=1
Unread 06-22-2010, 07:33 PM

Send a message via MSN to Nexus7

Quote:
I was hoping to see some real thoughtful answers and considerations about what the Moon is, what it's specific needs as an astrological planet are, what should a well-placed Moon offer the person's versus what someone unfortunate enough to have a debilitated Moon should be expected to have to deal with and why something, some placement should be debilitating, if a sign blends well with what a planet has to offer, it's "ray" if you like...
Hi lacellrein

Not in touch with your emotions? It is up to you how much you wish to share of your chart with your heavily-challenged Moon, and perhaps you should ultimately be the one to provide your own best answers. I should imagine that a moon in, say the 8th or 12th house, in an air or earth sign in hard aspect to Saturn or Pluto would be rather more bottled-up than one with aspects from more lively planets, the latter of which might be a lot more about wild mood swings.

Traditionally, the Moon is said to symbolise the mother, or the native's expereinceof mothering or being mothered, so again, only you can answer the question of what was going on there. But I suspect that it may not be clear, if there are difficulties there, how much might be due to difficulites with bondings anyway, or whether Mother really was that difficult. I once read the story of a woman with severe autism, and so much of her tale screamed to me 'difficult Moon placement:' well, there were as juicy horrendous afflictions to her Moon as you could have wished for. And Mother did rather sound like the mother from hell. Interestingly though, this writer states that having a 'bad' neglectful mother was actually a blessing in disguise, and a softer, more cloying mother would have been the really intolerable thing.

What really made me wonder about the condition of this individual's Moon though was the fact that she mentions having muliple food allergies, though at the time I did not yet know anything about Ceres, so did not look for tough Ceres placements too.

I have never been satisfied with, nor care for, most of the explanations from Astrology of what the natal Moon is supposed to symbolise. I certainly suspect too that it can work on many levels, depending on certain levels of awareness. My own experience on this area is that where challenged natal moons exist, the astrologers may be quick to spot the dysfunctional family background, the wild mood swings - but then, with even quite stringent transits, such things can and do then work on very different levels. A transit conjunct to Saturn for example was once one of the most creativeand fulfilling times of my life from the point of view of being an artist - yet on 'outer' life there was no shortage of 'Black Wednesdays' and the end of the life the community I knew at the time through circumstances I would not normally have wished for anyone. How long you have lived may make a difference too. But then, my own spectacularly challenged Moon gets close midpoints from Jupiter/Venus and Jupiter/Neptune.

But at the end of the day, where it comes to finding solutions to feeling more at ease with yourself, or getting to understand yourself - well, maybe, discovering 'what works' for you will always provide the best answers.

Last edited by Nexus7; 06-23-2010 at 07:11 PM.
Unread 06-23-2010, 11:59 AM

I would agree the moon is about the 'dark' the 'night' the unseen the unconsious.
just look at the moon in the tarot pack.
but hey im a pisces moon.- water moons can tap into this unconsious. or indeed pick up on other peoples!

lacelrein

I have progressed moon conjunct transit of saturn in my 12th H. my allergies have re-occurred. I have hives too.
Im actually allergic to aspirin and salicylates. it was really difficult to get the original diagnosis back in the 90's. Dont know whether this info helps you? there is a very good forum online if you google salicylates - gives a diet to follow.
ive stuck to a very restrictive diet and used chinese medicine to help alleviate it. its improved a lot recently.
Unread 06-23-2010, 12:14 PM

You have a strongly-placed Moon, with its being right on your Midheaven normally outgoing and flamboyant in Leo -but squaring both your Ascendant and Pluto too, Pluto from the secretive 12th.

So there may be some issue
with the open expression of how you feel and react when dealing with people.

Your Moon squares Venus and Mercury widely, but more to the point, is on the midpoint of Venus-Mercury.

Do you tend to be introspective and over-analytical of what you think and feel, or experience any confct/inconsisteny with thinking and feeling? - anyway, it may be good if you can find a way to express yourself creatively, with Mercury-Venus.

Moon/Pluto can be a tough crucible to live with, but possibly enormously transformative too, if you can find ways to be 'at home' with the Beast in some ways,

Last edited by Nexus7; 06-23-2010 at 07:14 PM.
Unread 07-31-2010, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus7 View Post
I should imagine that a moon in, say the 8th or 12th house, in an air or earth sign in hard aspect to Saturn or Pluto would be rather more bottled-up than one with aspects from more lively planets, the latter of which might be a lot more about wild mood swings.
Whoa! I have a BIG problem with bottling up and my Moon is in Taurus with hard aspects to both Saturn and Pluto (Square and Opposition respectively.. part of a fixed grand cross..).
Unread 07-31-2010, 07:14 PM

-----------------------------

'...Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.' Shakespeare.

Last edited by ImNotThere9; 02-23-2011 at 11:15 PM.
Unread 07-31-2010, 07:29 PM

--------------------

Last edited by ImNotThere9; 02-23-2011 at 11:15 PM.
Unread 07-31-2010, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNotThere9 View Post
Superconscious mind? Could you expand on this. Is this an authentic term
for a particular state of consciousness? Or something you just conceived
to better convey this state of mind you may have envisioned?
Well I don't know who the arbiter for authenticity is, but one can Google it, and I learned it in my training as a clinical hypnotherapist. A number of my staple methods forge effective access to it such as NLP "Core Transformation" designed by Connirae Andreas.

You can see it within the context of the diagram of the Triune Mind here:
http://www.amazon.com/Medical-Hypnot...der_0979187907

click back cover then left arrow.
Unread 07-31-2010, 07:34 PM

------------------

Last edited by ImNotThere9; 02-23-2011 at 11:14 PM.
Unread 07-31-2010, 07:37 PM

-------------------

Last edited by ImNotThere9; 02-23-2011 at 11:14 PM.
Unread 08-02-2010, 09:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNotThere9 View Post
Superconscious mind? Could you expand on this. Is this an authentic term
for a particular state of consciousness? Or something you just conceived
to better convey this state of mind you may have envisioned?
Yes basically, HIGHER SELF, I AM PRESCENCE - just google it.

Empower-disc info
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19407&page=2
http://www.freebooks-online.com/
Shamballa MDH
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=162642&postcount=24
Unread 08-02-2010, 09:46 AM

The Mansions of the Moon played a very important part in Western astrology up through the 17th century, and continue to be important for certain electional or magical purposes; in Vedic astrology, all transits are judged exclsuively in relation to the house/sign of the natal Moon...
Unread 08-03-2010, 11:07 AM

No relation to the Vedic nakasatras, are they?

Last edited by Nexus7; 08-04-2010 at 06:08 AM.
Unread 08-04-2010, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus7 View Post
No relation to the Vedic nakasartra, are they?

The Mansions are related both to the Nakshatras and the Chinese Hsiu; some historians believe the Mansions (aka Arabic Mansions) were introduced into the Middle East (in late Classical times) from India; however, there are variations among the 3 groups (Mansions, Nakshatras and Hsiu) Christopher Warnock and his associates (see Rennaissance astrology website) have been the most active re to the Mansions of the Moon (at least in the English language) over the past decade. Both Robson ("Fixed Stars") and Volguine ("Lunar Astrology") go into these subjects.

With Vedic astrology transits are not judged relative to natal planets, but rather relative to planets transiting signs relative to the natal Moon sign position. This way of judging transits I have found very intriguing.
Unread 08-04-2010, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horus View Post

I have a question about what I think is a stillenium ?
My moon is in sagittarius not conjunct to but also with a venus/neptune conjunct. what happens when all your planets live in stilleniums and how best to serve your needs when they are all grouped together conjunct or same house? x
Unread 08-04-2010, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. View Post
I have a question about what I think is a stillenium ?
My moon is in sagittarius not conjunct to but also with a venus/neptune conjunct. what happens when all your planets live in stilleniums and how best to serve your needs when they are all grouped together conjunct or same house? x
Stellium? Planets are particular representational energies that give emphasis to a certain area of life -house. Your stellia just add emphasis or intensity to those areas or to a particular strategy/modus operandi (sign).
Unread 08-04-2010, 03:37 AM

Thank you

Been trying to figure how best to deal with moon energies in 6th house with a wad of sagittarius, I get it when things have obvious house placements but when you get a sign with a conflict of interest in a certain house it seems harder to pin what the needs are x
Unread 08-04-2010, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. View Post
Thank you

Been trying to figure how best to deal with moon energies in 6th house with a wad of sagittarius, I get it when things have obvious house placements but when you get a sign with a conflict of interest in a certain house it seems harder to pin what the needs are x
Among aother things the Moon is about feelings and needs. Sagittarius needs freedom and abhors routine. The sixth house is primarily work and health so you play with sentences. You can mix and match attributes of Moon, Sagittarius and the sixth house until you come up with a sentence or two that actually pertains to you like... you need (or feel better when) your work or health is not confined to a routine or you have some level of freedom or latitude in your job. etc.

btw, I'm a Scorp Sun w/ a Sag. Moon too -welcome aboard!

Last edited by Horus; 08-04-2010 at 04:51 AM.
Unread 08-04-2010, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillcoil View Post
Hey Horus, I hope you don't mind another Sag Moon asking for astrological advice, lol.

I have a Sag Moon in the 10th house conjunct Uranus and Saturn, what kind of energy should I be focusing on when it comes to this?
Your peace of mind comes from professional accomplishment. Sagittarian strategy suggests adventure, travel, independence, risk-taking, and an optimistic, cheerful approach to it. Uranus underlines the need for independence and and an original approach. Saturn asks you to be responsible, structured, disciplined in your work or toward fulfilling your goals. Unless Saturn is honored this way, it will block or delay career progress, or it may induce fears about success and failure.

Saturn and Sagittarius don't blend well usually but it is possible.

For example, if you had your own travel agency or led your own tours which offered something unique that other tour packages don't have, this would make the Moon happy, give you freedom, independence, mobility and adventure in line with both Uranus and Sagittarius, and if you buckled down and generated a viable business plan, worked hard at marketing yourself, setting up your own office, putting the business into a legitimate form, etc. then all of that honors Master Saturn and success would result.

But this is just one of many many choices that can describe this particular astro configuration. Only you know what you really want! Good luck!

Tags
moon, talk