Can moon signs and cusps affect compatibility?

GeneralRam

I'm an Aries sun, but I was born on the cusp of Taurus and my moon sign is Capricorn. Based on charts I've read and discussions I've tuned in on, Aries, as a fire sign, should not be easily able to get along with earth signs. However, in my personal experience, I've always found it rather easy to get along with earth and fire signs alike. Due to this, I've recently been wondering: Do cusp affects and moon signs have an influence over astrological compatibility?

waybread

Welcome to the forum.

When you move beyond a simple sun-sign astrology, you will learn that it doesn't go by sign. The relationship between two people via their horoscopes is called synastry. It goes by degree and aspects, not by sign. Some astrologers do not allow out-of-sign aspects, but I think they have real meaning. If you consider two people, whether they are compatible or not depends upon how their suns, moons, and other planets relate to one another. Generally conjunctions, sextiles, and trines are helpful.

A Capricorn moon might just trine someone else's sun or moon in Virgo or Taurus. If you have Taurus planets, they might conjunct someone's Taurus sun, moon, or other planets. These aspects are really helpful.

comdoc

Yes. All placements have effects on compatibility. Especially Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Ascendant.

I'm an Aries sun, but I was born on the cusp of Taurus and my moon sign is Capricorn. Based on charts I've read and discussions I've tuned in on, Aries, as a fire sign, should not be easily able to get along with earth signs. However, in my personal experience, I've always found it rather easy to get along with earth and fire signs alike. Due to this, I've recently been wondering: Do cusp affects and moon signs have an influence over astrological compatibility?