Does the Ascendant Affect Personal World-Views?

david starling

I believe one's personal view of "how the world really is" is directly linked to the Ascendant-sign. For example, with a Piscean Asc, I see the world as basically friendly, and human nature as intrinsically good. So, when problems arise, those are aberrations, out of synch with the way things would be if it weren't for a "disturbance in the Force", which will pass sooner or later, and then things will get back to "normal". Also, that it's best to pay attention to feelings, more so than thoughts.
So, can you relate your own view of what the world is "really like" to your Ascendant?

Tla26

From what I understand, the traits of the sign of the AC are mostly tools for us to use to connect to our growth and NN path. Of course, the AC governs our appearance as well.

I don't personally feel that my AC has much of anything to do with my worldview. More than anything, my Sagittarius sun sign does. My Capricorn moon sign can as well at times--I can be pessimistic about the world sometimes.

david starling

From what I understand, the traits of the sign of the AC are mostly tools for us to use to connect to our growth and NN path. Of course, the AC governs our appearance as well.

I don't personally feel that my AC has much of anything to do with my worldview. More than anything, my Sagittarius sun sign does. My Capricorn moon sign can as well at times--I can be pessimistic about the world sometimes.

A very analytical answer! Sounds like you view the world as complex, and best navigated by thinking things through. Not a Pisces Asc, then?

Last edited:
I sort outlined what I think they are in my first post. Mainly, navigating a basically friendly world using intuition.
I like the description, perhaps i'm a bit tainted, i feel i have the power to influence, but i have ASC sextile mars which gives me a dominance, a conquer all determination, and unbreakable fortitude, however it's not like Aries where it is brash and rude with high competition, i know my nature, and i know how to use what i have, i know myself, i am me, i am capable.

Pisces ASC sextile Taurus mars.

Here is a good read.

http://astrofix.net/2015/10/30/mars-ascendant-aspects/

david starling

I like the description, perhaps i'm a bit tainted, i feel i have the power to influence, but i have ASC sextile mars which gives me a dominance, a conquer all determination, and unbreakable fortitude, however it's not like Aries where it is brash and rude with high competition, i know my nature, and i know how to use what i have, i know myself, i am me, i am capable.

Pisces ASC sextile Taurus mars.

Here is a good read.

http://astrofix.net/2015/10/30/mars-ascendant-aspects/

"Well intentioned"? That might be a Pisces Asc trait.

"Well intentioned"? That might be a Pisces Asc trait.

Yes, there have been times where i'm incredibly way too much to handle, i have shared stories of my background on here too, it's all in there.

Just means Mars is at the forefront more than usual, anger, feelings, martian energy is at the forefront, thankfully in Taurus it's not overwhelming at least straight away like it would be in Scorpio, Cancer or Aries.

I rely heavily on intuition, and taking action based on my accurate views and inuitive findings.

Not always accurate, and this is where you will find me making steps based on feelings over logic, and i need to be pulled up for it, now if i find you beneath me, you shall never pull me up, i will crush you.

If you are in my heart, you can say whatever to me and i'm the most understanding person you will ever meet, being in my heart will be close friends, loved ones etc, family.

Friends, if not close i will let them know in a kind way that i would rather test what i have than sit around waiting to find out.

At the same time a huge contradiction because i love to sit on my butt too.. Taurus moon and mars are slow :p

david starling

Yes, there have been times where i'm incredibly way too much to handle, i have shared stories of my background on here too, it's all in there.

Just means Mars is at the forefront more than usual, anger, feelings, martian energy is at the forefront, thankfully in Taurus it's not overwhelming at least straight away like it would be in Scorpio, Cancer or Aries.

I rely heavily on intuition, and taking action based on my accurate views and inuitive findings.

Not always accurate, and this is where you will find me making steps based on feelings over logic, and i need to be pulled up for it, now if i find you beneath me, you shall never pull me up, i will crush you.

If you are in my heart, you can say whatever to me and i'm the most understanding person you will ever meet, being in my heart will be close friends, loved ones etc, family.

Friends, if not close i will let them know in a kind way that i would rather test what i have than sit around waiting to find out.

At the same time a huge contradiction because i love to sit on my butt too.. Taurus moon and mars are slow :p

Here's a motto I like, attributed to Davy Crockett: "Be sure you're right, then go ahead!"

craft94

Yes, but I think every part of your chart does.

I always thought Jupiter had a big effect, being the planet associated with philosophy and religion and all. I have Jupiter in Scorpio and I find that other people with this placement tend to be into the occult, regardless of whether or not they have any other planets in this sign. Or else they're interested in digging up hidden truths no matter how ugly. A lot of famous cult leaders and serial killers have this placement...

My Gemini Ascendant probably gives me a very relativist outlook on things.

Yes, but I think every part of your chart does.

I always thought Jupiter had a big effect, being the planet associated with philosophy and religion and all. I have Jupiter in Scorpio and I find that other people with this placement tend to be into the occult, regardless of whether or not they have any other planets in this sign. Or else they're interested in digging up hidden truths no matter how ugly. A lot of famous cult leaders and serial killers have this placement...

My Gemini Ascendant probably gives me a very relativist outlook on things.

I have exalted Jupiter and never even really looked into it before, in 5th house with my Cancer sun.

Both are trine.

craft94

I have exalted Jupiter and never even really looked into it before, in 5th house with my Cancer sun.

Both are trine.

I find that water-sign Jupiters (Cancers and Pisces especially) tend to be more intuitive and open to a higher power, unless other chart factors contradict this. Saturn in the 9th house for example..

david starling

I find that water-sign Jupiters (Cancers and Pisces especially) tend to be more intuitive and open to a higher power, unless other chart factors contradict this. Saturn in the 9th house for example..

Fits my Jupiter in Scorpio in H9, as long as it doesn't take away my autonomy.

theV

The ascendant seems to affect person's interaction with the environment i e how he perceives his environment and his environment perceives him or her. A strong prove that the Ascendant impact our world view is when we relocate to another place in the world. Non astrologically speaking, when we relocate to another part of the world our world's views are modified. This is due to ascendant shifting to another sign.