Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Vocational Astrology

Vocational Astrology Discuss finding out more about your work, job, career, calling, or whatever you do or want to do for a living.

Unread 03-13-2010, 02:48 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to freedomlover
Re: Pick the odd one out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillyjgc View Post
Okay, For those who like to include Ceres:
Chart 1 Ceres 13.49 Aries
Chart 2 Ceres 27.49 Cap
Chart 3 Ceres 5.43 Aquarius.

Not sure it helps though regarding vocation. All 3 are excellent cooks - only one has made it into a career path..A few have identified the chef correctly too.

I'll leave it for a bit, to give everyone more time.
Cheers
Lilly

Thanks so much for posting that extra bit of information. I do find it interesting. However, I realized I may have assumed something when I read your first post. I assumed that the chef was a "tv chef" for some reason - who had a cooking show on TV. Was this a wrong assumption? Is the chef just a regular chef in a restaurant who specializes in foreign cuisine?

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift." ~Albert Einstein
Unread 03-13-2010, 03:16 AM
Senior Member, Educational board Editor

The chef has had no media exposure whatsoever. He runs a restaurant, that's all.
The other two charts belong to people very successful in the media area...not celebrities though.
Hope that clarifies.
Cheers
Lilly

**As above, so below**
Unread 03-13-2010, 03:19 AM

Quote:
The chef has had no media exposure whatsoever. He runs a restaurant, that's all.
The other two charts belong to people very successful in the media area...not celebrities though.
Hope that clarifies.
Cheers
Lilly
Yes, it clarifies alot! I probably need to go back and start from scratch, because I was counting tv exposure for the chef. Good ole' Saggie Mercury retrograde in the 12th strikes again! LOL! (Assuming things is my self-undoing - LOL!)

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift." ~Albert Einstein
Unread 03-13-2010, 05:17 AM

my first instinct was to go for no 3 for the chef. Mars ruling MC...in 8th house.....borrow money to start business or business partners, the fire good for cooking. Cancer asc...good with people make them feel at home in the restaurant, and placed in 6th so skill is used in everyday work place. Cardinal energy asc and mc good for making a business happen.
Oh and mars in sag......foreign food.

Feeling and inspiration....dont get much intellectual communication vibe, much more feeling communication.

Scorpio I think is good at business and also emphasises feeling, which is needed for food, not a conceptual or thinking thing, feeling based...taste, aroma, visuals.

FleaXX

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...m/322chart.gif
Unread 03-13-2010, 01:10 PM

Cool, I also thought the chef was famous..

I'm going to be very frustraing now and change my mind back!

Chart 2 - chef

Saturn ruling the MC being below the horizon changed that for me

Quote:
Chart 2 the chef.. Mars in Sag in the 9th house, so the life destiny is to do with something abroad, or teaching. Plus their drive, passion is motivated by the same things. Alot of drive, square Pluto in the 5th. Creativity will transform this person, linked in with their life path/foreign places.

Saturn in Taurus in the 1st house, work and public acclaim as well as life lessons, duty, work and responsibility is tied in with... food, luxuries?

Moon/Venus, loves of the good things in life, inside the home, the private life, the 4th house. Love of luxuries. Square to Saturn in the 1st, may work hard to get these things.

Sun in the 5th, a creative person by nature, also analytical and methodical with their creativity. Very loose trine with the Saturn, so their creativity is tied up with their work, public acclaim and life lessons.
Chart 1 - film producer

Chart 3 - animator - Sun in the 5th

Now I give up, I will leave quietly...

chart: http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk27/Jo75Tiger/mewithstarsasteroids.gif
Unread 03-14-2010, 04:06 AM

I'm surprised, but knowing the chef was not on television does not really change my guesses.

I think Chart 1 is the Producer - with Aquarius on the MC, and co-ruler, Uranus in Aries, exactly conjunct the ASC, and Saturn in Aquarius in the 10th.

I'm still torn between chart 2 and chart 3 for the chef..... but since I have to choose... I will go with:
Chart 2 for the animator.....Sun in Virgo in the 5th, and Pluto on the cusp of the 6th house - thinking it's going to take someone who can do intense detail work to do that - also the Moon/Venus conjunction in Leo.
(I'm still thinking this is a good chef's chart, too - and Ceres in Cap in the 10th exactly trining the POF in Taurus doesn't help matters any!)

And lastly... I'm going with chart 3 for the chef.. mainly because I can't get past the Asc in Cancer, with ruler - Moon in Sag in the 6th, and Saturn in Taurus in the 10th. Also Ceres is exactly conjunct the ruler of the 10th, Mars in Aquarius, on the cusp of the 8th.

That's probably all wrong, but at least I tried. Those were some really tough charts to work with - nothing really stood out as a "yes" on any of them.

Unread 03-14-2010, 09:17 PM

When I look at these Charts my first instinct is to go to the chart with the chart that has the Cancer rising and the Moon in Sagittarius in the 6th house of daily duties such as dealings with food and what not. The Moon in the 6th house would color the manner in which the person sustains themselves but in the 6th house of Social Work and Service the services the person would offer would be of a Lunarian nature such as preserving and sustaining other's lives and the foreign energy comes into play through Sagittarius.
I guess the only way to really know who would be a foreign chef would be to assess the houses and signs that relate to cooking and traveling. The Moon in the 6th house in Sagittarius seems to be such an amazing fit for a Chef.The Sun conjunction to Neptune and Mercury throw me off though in this chart and cause me to look at the 2nd chart. I must say though this is a really good test.

I guess the best way to go about this is to analyze the 6th and 10th house cusps in a general astrological manner.

In Chart one we have the Aquarius MC which relates to jobs in which connecting with a wide range of people comes into play such as through the media and electronics and with Uranus in Aries and in the first this person would of course be a widely noticed broadcast figure and in the media.Aquarius relates to forward activism,being aligned within an organization and chain company,the internet,attaining friendships globally and with Uranus in Aries it absolutely relates to the person's forward and progressive characteristics and following the chain with Mars in the 8th this person acts out and relates to things in a psychological manner and has the ability to get Down to business and could even exude sexual and deep energy.

Ah I have to run quickly! I would most likely go with 2 or 3 though. I love to see Chart 3 come out being the chart for the chef and would seem to be the most fitting for a chef but, I could easily be wrong. Great job with this one lily it is a brilliant test!
Unread 03-14-2010, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomlover View Post
I'm hoping Lillyjgc will let us know the Ceres placements. Maybe that will be the deciding factor for me.
I think Ceres may have some influence with the chef......Let us see what transpires once the answers are given.
Unread 03-15-2010, 12:09 PM

Okay-I'll just give this another day or so in case anyone else wants to have a go. So far there are a lot of correct answers.
Now, let me say this-the exercise was ONLY to identify the chef's chart but many of you have gone on to try to differentiate the other 2. That's a good exercise too, and when I come back with the answers, I'll go into those charts as well.
So far, well done people.
Cheers
Lilly

**As above, so below**
Unread 03-15-2010, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarReader View Post
chart 1 and 3 were hard i couldn't really decided but in the end i am going to go with chart 1 for the chef and chart 3 for the other media person.
NOW I Know the placement of Ceres I would like to change my mind.

I will stick with chart 2 for the media person but I think that the chef is maybe chart 3 now instead of 1

What changed my mind? ...Chart 3 – fixed t square with Mars conjunct Ceres in Aquarius on the 7th house at the apex. Hence, I think this chart would belong to a (nurturer) chef rather than a (communication) media person

So, chart 1 media - chart 2 media - chart 3 chef.

I will go back and check who is the producer or animator
Unread 03-15-2010, 05:20 PM

My final answer and the deciding factors after taking into account the asc - sun and moon then 2nd 6 th and 10 th houses

Chart 1 producer ie. cardinal t square- mercury's position

Chart 2 animator ie. nice fifth house placements and mercury's position and Neptune's placement

Chart 3 chef - Mars - Ceres conjunct at the apex of the fixed T-square
Unread 03-16-2010, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomlover View Post
Apparently several of us were posting about the same time. I went back, and there were a few other posts on this thread. Steph, you make a good case for Chart 1 - I hadn't connected Libra placements with food - but it does connect in with overindulgence and refinery ( Libra ) - as well as all being ruled by Venus. Now I'm really confused. I'll stick with a tie between Chart 2 and Chart 3 though.
Libra by itself doesnt involve food except if it is is 6th house and then it may rule sweets and cakes. The Taurean Venus is more likely to indulge in food for the sheer pleasure of it.
Unread 03-16-2010, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire19 View Post
Libra by itself doesnt involve food except if it is is 6th house and then it may rule sweets and cakes. The Taurean Venus is more likely to indulge in food for the sheer pleasure of it.

Thanks for clarifying that, Claire. It's good to differentiate between the two signs Venus rules. I knew that Libra wasn't associated with food, in general, but associated it with refinery - "the King's table", so to speak....so sweets and cakes fit that description I was holding in my mind. Steph was referring to Libra planets in the 6th house.

Unread 03-16-2010, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune Rising View Post
Hahah yes, I'm confused, I think they are all the chef!
Hee hee. I hope we get the answers soon.
Unread 03-16-2010, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune Rising
Hahah yes, I'm confused, I think they are all the chef!
Well, I think Lillyjgc did say something about them ALL being good cooks! Maybe this is why it was so hard to pick....

Unread 03-18-2010, 12:35 PM

Ok-Firstly the results for the Chef-Yes it is chart 3.
This is what you guys said:
Vista:
Edit, on second thought, Chart 3 seems more likely to me.
(good edit!)
I like chart 3 three because of the Cancer rising with Moon in the 6th house. To me this shows someone who likes to nuture in their work enviornment, which seems appropriate for a chef.

Claire: Correct!
I tend to go for Chart 3 because the Moon rules the chart in the 6th Sagittarius. Foreign cuisine. It is also sextile Jupiter again supporting the foreign, ethnic influences and in the 4th of nurturance, food etc....The north node is in the 9th suggestive of exposure and travel to foreign parts perhaps for inspiration. The innovative planet Uranus is also in the 4th again suggestive of family matters, food etc and experimentation

Vanila, CORRECT
chart 3: Cancer ASC and Moon in 6th house Sagittarius, MC in Aries and Mars in Aquarius 7th house, Neptune and Sun in 5th house....the chef....I think watery people are suitable for vocations that helps and nurture others in some way...
also the Cancers as the "mother" and caring sign....loving food too...are happy to please people and make them feel good by feeding them... giving them a good dish.....in which they put their nurturing energy...

Flea: correct
my first instinct was to go for no 3 for the chef. Mars ruling MC...in 8th house.....borrow money to start business or business partners, the fire good for cooking. Cancer asc...good with people make them feel at home in the restaurant, and placed in 6th so skill is used in everyday work place. Cardinal energy asc and mc good for making a business happen.
Oh and mars in sag......foreign food.

Feeling and inspiration....dont get much intellectual communication vibe, much more feeling communication.
Scorpio I think is good at business and also emphasises feeling, which is needed for food, not a conceptual or thinking thing, feeling based...taste, aroma, visuals.

Freedomlover: Correct
And lastly... I'm going with chart 3 for the chef.. mainly because I can't get past the Asc in Cancer, with ruler - Moon in Sag in the 6th, and Saturn in Taurus in the 10th. Also Ceres is exactly conjunct the ruler of the 10th, Mars in Aquarius, on the cusp of the 8th.

Cosmic Prince:
When I look at these Charts my first instinct is to go to the chart with the chart that has the Cancer rising and the Moon in Sagittarius in the 6th house of daily duties such as dealings with food and what not. The Moon in the 6th house would color the manner in which the person sustains themselves but in the 6th house of Social Work and Service the services the person would offer would be of a Lunarian nature such as preserving and sustaining other's lives and the foreign energy comes into play through Sagittarius.
I guess the only way to really know who would be a foreign chef would be to assess the houses and signs that relate to cooking and traveling. The Moon in the 6th house in Sagittarius seems to be such an amazing fit for a Chef.The Sun conjunction to Neptune and Mercury throw me off though in this chart and cause me to look at the 2nd chart.

StarReader: Correct
So, chart 1 media - chart 2 media - chart 3 chef.

Really well done folks. I'll follow up on the other two charts for those who were game to try to differentiate.
Cheers
Lilly

**As above, so below**
Unread 03-18-2010, 12:53 PM

The first chart belongs to the animator.
The exercise was not to specifically differentiate between these 2 media people-I think that's a very hard thing to do. However, here's what was found.

vanila:Correct
chart 1: Venus and mars in 8th house the house of other peoples money, and Aquarius MC work with new technologies, Uranus on ASC.....Moon and Neptune in 5th house...may be this is the animator...

Cosmic prince: This is a very accurate description of the animator. Spot on.

In Chart one we have the Aquarius MC which relates to jobs in which connecting with a wide range of people comes into play such as through the media and electronics and with Uranus in Aries and in the first this person would of course be a widely noticed broadcast figure and in the media.Aquarius relates to forward activism,being aligned within an organization and chain company,the internet,attaining friendships globally and with Uranus in Aries it absolutely relates to the person's forward and progressive characteristics and following the chain with Mars in the 8th this person acts out and relates to things in a psychological manner and has the ability to get Down to business and could even exude sexual and deep energy.

This person is an animator for serious adult films as well as children's stuff. She has her own very unique studio too and for someone born in the 30's was extremely innovative, adapting to technological changes very fast.This woman has made many films and quite a few have been televised in Oz and in the UK where she lived part of her life.
She also is a fantastic cook and grows almost all her own food.With Uranus right on her Asc opp the Sun, this woman is very talented, very individual and quite a powerful personality, as you can imagine.Wicked sense of humour.Also a political activist for almost her whole adult life.Member of a Green political party so the humanitarian interest is there.

Well done Vanila and Cosmic.
Cheers
Lilly

**As above, so below**
Unread 03-18-2010, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune Rising View Post
Revising my choices now, woman's perogative..

Interesting Chart 2 and 3 have their Suns in the 5th house, so their essence is creative.

Chart 2 Sun in Virgo in 5th
Chart 2, animator for film, I have no idea what that involved but sounds kind of Virgoean in a need for precision, and creative with the Sun in the 5th. Pluto also in the 5th, this creativity will transform in some way like an animator maybe does..

Chart 3 Sun in Scorpio in 5th conjunct Mercury
Chart 3 is the film producer. Intense creative Sun in Scorpio with Mercury and Neptune there in the 5th of creativity.

That leaves chart 1 to be the chef.

Chart 1
Mars in Sag, motivation with things foreign, travel, in the 8th, transformative life path very motivated. Closely linked with Venus, which can be linked with food, love of foreign luxuries. Also conjunct the vertex, this is an important aspect of this person's life.

Pluto in Cancer, nurturing and food transform this person. Its on the Nadir cusp which is also loosly opposite the MC. So the transformative effect of food/nurturing comes out and linked with the person's career and public acclaim.

My final answer, before I start confusing myself!
Ah, I was left out

Was all wrong anyway, maybe next time! Well done everyone!

chart: http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk27/Jo75Tiger/mewithstarsasteroids.gif

Last edited by Neptune Rising; 03-18-2010 at 03:55 PM.
Unread 03-18-2010, 07:31 PM

I'm so happy ......thank you Haizea, Lilly and all .....love ya...

Unread 03-18-2010, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Start training for the next round, because we won't let you win again!

I won't be hare these days.....go on a little vacation.....I'll come back thirsty for astrology..... refreshed and ready for new challenges....see ya soon love ya ....love this place.....
HAVE FUN

Unread 03-20-2010, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Claire_To give you more info about the media charts: one is a TV show producer and One is an animator for film.

lilly
Thanks for that. When do we get the answers.
Unread 03-20-2010, 03:28 AM

Hi Claire,
The answers are back on page 2.
Cheers
Lilly

**As above, so below**
Unread 03-21-2010, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Freedomlover: Correct
Yeah! I did feel pretty sure on Chart 3 for the chef. Ceres in the 10th and the Virgo placements in Chart 2 almost made me stumble. But, I'm like Flea, the Mars on the 8th house thing (ruling 10th) seemed to show getting "other people's money" for it, maybe getting financed to start own business... or something ... and then Ceres being exactly conjunct.....

I was really surprised at Chart 1 being the animator at first. But after going back and looking at it again, I see it. Hindsight is 20/20- LOL!. And that is why these games are so fun and educational!

Thanks, Lillyjgc!

Tags
pick