Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Vocational Astrology

Vocational Astrology Discuss finding out more about your work, job, career, calling, or whatever you do or want to do for a living.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 07-15-2008, 12:37 PM
Paraphernalia Paraphernalia is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 54
Mc in pisces and type of job

Hi

I have MC in Pisces.I find it so hard to choose a vocation,as I have so many interests.What should I focus on based on my chart?
Attached Images
File Type: gif Mchart.gif (29.7 KB, 62 views)

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 07-15-2008, 01:52 PM
smilingsteph's Avatar
smilingsteph smilingsteph is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: On a rollercoaster!
Posts: 1,699
Send a message via AIM to smilingsteph
Re: Mc in pisces and type of job

Well your sun is in the sign of leo in the second house, so financial affairs will be both important to you and is an area where you will shine to get the comforts of life that you desire....

Your moon is located there too, so your emotional side says "I need financial comforts to feel good about myself," so when your resources run low your self esteem may suffer as a result.

Look at what the second house has to say to get a better idea of what it means, also learn about your sun and moon sign, and rising, as they are considered most important in a chart....

Now the tenth as you stated is in pisces, and the planetary ruler is in the fifth house, (neptune)....so looking here is another way to see your career pathway...
You have a very vivid imagination, maybe being involved in the creative arts such as acting, poetry, and any sort of theatre would be good, plus sun leos love the stage, as the ruler of the fifth house is leo, your sun in the second (ruler of leo) so these houses are directly connected, so I believe you will do well! Pisces is a sign that loves to help others, care for others, so nurturing may help too, dealing with children might be of interest too.

Give us an idea of what you want to do....
__________________
Life is about the eternal search for completion through unity and love
If God created the earth and the heavens then why cant we study the heavens through astrology?

Last edited by smilingsteph; 07-15-2008 at 02:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 07-15-2008, 04:08 PM
starlink's Avatar
starlink starlink is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: I live in peace
Posts: 6,350
Re: Mc in pisces and type of job

MC is ruled by Jupiter and Neptune. Look where these two are placed, look at the aspects they make, especially with the ruler of the Ascendant or the Asc. itself. That will give you some sort of idea.
Cheers, Starlink
__________________
ON EVERY MOUNTAIN HEIGHT IS REST
Goethe.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 07-15-2008, 07:53 PM
Ebenia Ebenia is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Finland
Posts: 527
Re: Mc in pisces and type of job

Maybe something to do with humanitarian organisations (Jupiter in 11th house), maybe something to do with children (Neptune in 5th).

Here is a good story about Pisces in MC: http://tribes.tribe.net/piscesmc/thr...3-1668d09df232

Me myself have Neptune on my MC and I could agree definately with the "wandering" aspect. I have wandered from job to job and then found out a lot about me as a human being. But I believe that my destiny is to work to help people...Maybe you can relate to something like this?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 07-16-2008, 08:42 AM
barty barty is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: London, UK
Posts: 129
Re: Mc in pisces and type of job

I'd agree with Ebenia, anywhere that Neptune / Pisces are involved with career things you have to consider helping people in some way, usually in a medical sense, maybe nursing or caring for the elderly or disabled.

Then there's Sun-sign Leo.....and Leos do love to organise.....

So here's my idea...

Managing a nursing home
__________________
Barty, Suggestor of short nicknames, sitter on fences, friend to all......
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Definitely feeling aggressive tendencies, Captain!" - Lt.Cmdr Worf, Star Trek Insurrection
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 07-16-2008, 10:24 AM
starlink's Avatar
starlink starlink is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: I live in peace
Posts: 6,350
Re: Mc in pisces and type of job

Maromisa, I still have not heard anything from you. What do you like doing which somehow would suit your Pisces MC? Here we are, all trying to give you some input, and nothing comes from you. Please, give us an idea will you? Would be appreciated. After all, we have no idea what you do and what you dont like to do. Which are your "many interests" for starters. Maybe one of those is compatible with an Ascendant in Pisces?

Cheers, Starlink
__________________
ON EVERY MOUNTAIN HEIGHT IS REST
Goethe.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 07-17-2008, 09:10 PM
hermetic's Avatar
hermetic hermetic is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 859
Re: Mc in pisces and type of job

how about arts? Neptune on MC gives artists, and your Neptune is in 5th-creativity?

I agree with starlink, it would be nice to get a feedback, being everyone here tried to help you. I really hate people posting a thread and never even taking time to reply
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 09-03-2009, 02:43 PM
Paraphernalia Paraphernalia is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 54
Re: Mc in pisces and type of job

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermetic View Post
how about arts? Neptune on MC gives artists, and your Neptune is in 5th-creativity?

I agree with starlink, it would be nice to get a feedback, being everyone here tried to help you. I really hate people posting a thread and never even taking time to reply
I didn't see these post before now.Haven't received a notification reply from the forum.Yes,I am very creative actually..My interests; Astrology, photography,healing film, music, psychology and Tarot.

Last edited by Paraphernalia; 09-03-2009 at 02:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 09-03-2009, 02:51 PM
Paraphernalia Paraphernalia is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 54
Re: Mc in pisces and type of job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebenia View Post
Maybe something to do with humanitarian organisations (Jupiter in 11th house), maybe something to do with children (Neptune in 5th).

Here is a good story about Pisces in MC: http://tribes.tribe.net/piscesmc/thr...3-1668d09df232

Me myself have Neptune on my MC and I could agree definately with the "wandering" aspect. I have wandered from job to job and then found out a lot about me as a human being. But I believe that my destiny is to work to help people...Maybe you can relate to something like this?
Thank you.Yes, I do. I like helping, and often people in crisis seek me put for some reason..I like children but in small doses..
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 09-04-2009, 12:21 PM
smilingsteph's Avatar
smilingsteph smilingsteph is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: On a rollercoaster!
Posts: 1,699
Send a message via AIM to smilingsteph
Re: Mc in pisces and type of job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maromisa View Post
Thank you.Yes, I do. I like helping, and often people in crisis seek me put for some reason..I like children but in small doses..
That is too funny, liking children in small doses....
I guess I can say this about myself too!
I love it!
__________________
Life is about the eternal search for completion through unity and love
If God created the earth and the heavens then why cant we study the heavens through astrology?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 09-04-2009, 04:58 PM
Leeuba Leeuba is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ashland OR
Posts: 30
Re: Mc in pisces and type of job

Dear Maromisa,

The ruling planet of the tenth house, Neptune is in the fifth house, very close conjunct your Vertex. This suggests that you have an intuitive gateway to cosmic awareness, which you need to express. (fifth house) Read more about the vertex at http://www.noeltyl.com/techniques/050531 Neptune conjunct the Vertex, is often found in the charts of astrologers, and I know of an astrologer, and creator of flower remedies, who is very financially successful, whose horoscope is almost identical to yours.

In general any kind of spiritual healing/teaching is likely your career path including teaching yoga, being a medical intuitive, acupunturist, reiki. This may seem a little far out to you because of the SN in Taurus. You likely are more comfortable with more conventional associations, but your life path requires that you discover what separates you from others, and that you learn how to develop that.

May you accept all the blessings that you are given.

Leeuba

http://www.astrochrysalis.com
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 09-04-2009, 09:46 PM
Paraphernalia Paraphernalia is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 54
Re: Mc in pisces and type of job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeuba View Post
Dear Maromisa,

The ruling planet of the tenth house, Neptune is in the fifth house, very close conjunct your Vertex. This suggests that you have an intuitive gateway to cosmic awareness, which you need to express. (fifth house) Read more about the vertex at http://www.noeltyl.com/techniques/050531 Neptune conjunct the Vertex, is often found in the charts of astrologers, and I know of an astrologer, and creator of flower remedies, who is very financially successful, whose horoscope is almost identical to yours.

In general any kind of spiritual healing/teaching is likely your career path including teaching yoga, being a medical intuitive, acupunturist, reiki. This may seem a little far out to you because of the SN in Taurus. You likely are more comfortable with more conventional associations, but your life path requires that you discover what separates you from others, and that you learn how to develop that.

May you accept all the blessings that you are given.

Leeuba

http://www.astrochrysalis.com
Thank you. Yes I have felt that I need to explore my spirituality for a long time. I have Reiki 123 now, and study astrology, crystals and also I write songs. So I do have many interests..Creative and spiritual ones..Btw, that link didn't work.

Last edited by Paraphernalia; 09-04-2009 at 10:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 09-06-2009, 03:48 PM
smilingsteph's Avatar
smilingsteph smilingsteph is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: On a rollercoaster!
Posts: 1,699
Send a message via AIM to smilingsteph
Re: Mc in pisces and type of job

I have neptune at my MC as well. I have a career in the healing profession.
I am glad to hear you do some spiritual things with your creative side. That is really great!

As I said before you can probably make a nice living off of these things.

I have my venus, mars in Taurus and find making money in a more conventional way to be easier for myself.

I think though that the universe gives us the desire to go towards our north node counterparts, or we are somehow directed that way by things that happen to us. With yours in the 5th house, maybe the creative way, rather than the conventional may be of more interest to you.
__________________
Life is about the eternal search for completion through unity and love
If God created the earth and the heavens then why cant we study the heavens through astrology?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 09-09-2009, 11:18 PM
Leeuba Leeuba is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ashland OR
Posts: 30
Re: Mc in pisces and type of job

Dear Marimosa,

Indeed, the link is broken. You can go to Noel Tyl's website http://www.noeltyl.com and click on analytical techniques and scroll down to May 31 2005 for the article called, "The Vertex Axis".

Leeuba


http://www.astrochrysalis.com
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 09-10-2009, 03:46 AM
alliewar's Avatar
alliewar alliewar is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 256
Re: Mc in pisces and type of job

acting. take an acting class, you'll love it =)
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 10-19-2009, 06:16 AM
Claire19's Avatar
Claire19 Claire19 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 6,033
Re: Mc in pisces and type of job

I dont like this skewed chart with the very uneven houses. Can you do a chart with equal house or whole signs for instance and then we can look at the results...
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 11-24-2009, 11:58 PM
Selene Selene is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 118
Re: Mc in pisces and type of job

Not adding much... but I have a Pisces MC too, and my Master's in Psychology lead me to become a Grief Counselor and Psych instructor at the college level...

I definitely think people with Pisces MCs are very suitable for careers in psychology (as general as that statement may be).

also with your Jupiter in the 11th, group therapist can be an option as well.
__________________
What is to give light must endure burning.
- Viktor Frankl
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 11-26-2009, 06:01 AM
Claire19's Avatar
Claire19 Claire19 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 6,033
Re: Mc in pisces and type of job

Film and cinema perhaps. Acting and performing arts in general. Perhaps film editing and script writing. Children's photographer. Instructor in water sports and rehabilitation in that area. Hydrotherapy.

Last edited by Claire19; 11-26-2009 at 06:08 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 11-26-2009, 06:07 AM
Claire19's Avatar
Claire19 Claire19 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 6,033
Re: Mc in pisces and type of job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selene View Post
Not adding much... but I have a Pisces MC too, and my Master's in Psychology lead me to become a Grief Counselor and Psych instructor at the college level...

I definitely think people with Pisces MCs are very suitable for careers in psychology (as general as that statement may be).

also with your Jupiter in the 11th, group therapist can be an option as well.
Whereas Pisces on the MC with Neptune ruling can lead to wanting to heal and to help the unfortunate. For psychology and counselling you would need connections to Pluto and strong 7th or Venus. At the college level then Jupiter and the 9th come into play as well as perhaps Sagittarius.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 11-26-2009, 02:36 PM
smilingsteph's Avatar
smilingsteph smilingsteph is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: On a rollercoaster!
Posts: 1,699
Send a message via AIM to smilingsteph
Re: Mc in pisces and type of job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selene View Post
Not adding much... but I have a Pisces MC too, and my Master's in Psychology lead me to become a Grief Counselor and Psych instructor at the college level...

I definitely think people with Pisces MCs are very suitable for careers in psychology (as general as that statement may be).

also with your Jupiter in the 11th, group therapist can be an option as well.
Wow that is really neat!
I would love to do something in group therapy.
I think maybe with my degree I possibly could......
Interesting!

I think they (MC in Pisces) get a bad rap in books and online, as they are lost finding a career.

I think we are suitable for anything which is selfless, giving, and tied to helping people emotionally.
__________________
Life is about the eternal search for completion through unity and love
If God created the earth and the heavens then why cant we study the heavens through astrology?
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 11-27-2009, 12:04 AM
Selene Selene is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 118
Re: Mc in pisces and type of job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire19 View Post
Whereas Pisces on the MC with Neptune ruling can lead to wanting to heal and to help the unfortunate. For psychology and counselling you would need connections to Pluto and strong 7th or Venus. At the college level then Jupiter and the 9th come into play as well as perhaps Sagittarius.
I don't have any of these factors and my career is in psychology. Other than teaching, I do group counseling. I don't know if I have a strong 7th. My 7th is ruled by Capricorn and Jupiter is in that sign in the 7th conjunct my descendant. Venus is in my 11th (hence my love for groups).
__________________
What is to give light must endure burning.
- Viktor Frankl
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Unread 11-27-2009, 12:05 AM
Selene Selene is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 118
Re: Mc in pisces and type of job

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilingsteph View Post
Wow that is really neat!
I would love to do something in group therapy.
I think maybe with my degree I possibly could......
Interesting!

I think they (MC in Pisces) get a bad rap in books and online, as they are lost finding a career.

I think we are suitable for anything which is selfless, giving, and tied to helping people emotionally.
Apparently we are confused souls trying to find our place in the world. I was never confused about my career, rather I was unsettled with its uncertainty. Not so much what I want to do, but actually finding the opportunity to do it.

I completely agree with your last sentence. With Pisces at the MC something like working in business would make the person very unhappy imo, unless that business is linked to the greater good.
__________________
What is to give light must endure burning.
- Viktor Frankl
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 11-28-2009, 09:23 AM
CosmicPrince CosmicPrince is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 16
Re: Mc in pisces and type of job

Hello everyone^^! I would imagine that the Pisces Medium Icoeli would suggest to a person that their Role within society is to be that in which they are found taking care of others no matter what the specific profession may be. Within this person's life they may find themselves doing work for free in which they are giving of their services and aren't receiving anything Physical in return. The fact is that the Pisces Midheaven is in a Mutable mode and in a Water element. Spirallic Emotions of a Yin nature meaning that the energy in coherence to this person's job or career will be greatly varied depending on how this person feels. Emotions are connected to this person's career which often makes this person a good candidate for doing work in a field in which the emotions are used a great deal of the time such as Psychic crafts or Healing work and working with children. Being someone who caters to the needs of others in some way or another will be highlighted as well as the fact that these people Will have so Many different Careers they want to do at any given moment they won't know what to choose. They key is in knowing that your Career is on a Higher and more Spiritual level than some and you will gain the structure of the 10th house cusp once you pursue what truly makes you feel happy. No one can really tell a person with this MC what they will or will not be doing.They simply can advise that this person Looks to the Neptune in their chart and see if it makes aspects with the MC or not. Also Inspiration is key with this MC so become inspired and trust in yourself and your talents.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 11-28-2009, 06:01 PM
Paraphernalia Paraphernalia is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 54
Re: Mc in pisces and type of job

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicPrince View Post
Hello everyone^^! I would imagine that the Pisces Medium Icoeli would suggest to a person that their Role within society is to be that in which they are found taking care of others no matter what the specific profession may be. Within this person's life they may find themselves doing work for free in which they are giving of their services and aren't receiving anything Physical in return. The fact is that the Pisces Midheaven is in a Mutable mode and in a Water element. Spirallic Emotions of a Yin nature meaning that the energy in coherence to this person's job or career will be greatly varied depending on how this person feels. Emotions are connected to this person's career which often makes this person a good candidate for doing work in a field in which the emotions are used a great deal of the time such as Psychic crafts or Healing work and working with children. Being someone who caters to the needs of others in some way or another will be highlighted as well as the fact that these people Will have so Many different Careers they want to do at any given moment they won't know what to choose. They key is in knowing that your Career is on a Higher and more Spiritual level than some and you will gain the structure of the 10th house cusp once you pursue what truly makes you feel happy. No one can really tell a person with this MC what they will or will not be doing.They simply can advise that this person Looks to the Neptune in their chart and see if it makes aspects with the MC or not. Also Inspiration is key with this MC so become inspired and trust in yourself and your talents.
Thank you. I relate to all this
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Unread 11-28-2009, 10:31 PM
CosmicPrince CosmicPrince is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 16
Re: Mc in pisces and type of job

You're welcome Paraphanelia!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
pisces, type

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Past relationships: What signs did you date? Astrocurious Relational Astrology 119 06-15-2013 12:42 AM
Signs of Health - Is Your Health Ruled By Your Star Sign? Arian Maverick Medical Astrology 45 10-18-2008 08:33 PM
Don't forget to love like a pisces lilllybelle Chat 20 10-06-2008 05:27 PM
Franz Bardons 360 heads of the zone girding the earth, oft compared to sabian smbls tsquare Degree Symbols 1 04-09-2008 09:47 AM



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.