Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat > Hot topic arena

Hot topic arena As the title suggest, this sub-board is dedicated to non-astrological talks on interesting, important or controversial topics.

Unread 07-12-2020, 04:46 PM

Re: Black Lives Matter, Marxist?

Oh on the subject of China: you guys did know you provide foreign aid to China right?

Like you go to work, and a part of your salaries is taken from you (by force) so the government can hand over free money to the chinese government. Who obviously uses it to bully other nations around the world, and plan the downfall of the U.S. Why you guys are still giving money to the 2nd biggest economy on the world, I have no idea.

Ironic.

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!
Unread 07-12-2020, 08:08 PM

Smile Re: Black Lives Matter, Marxist?

Force of Necessity versus taxes taken by Force of Government: The very poor are forced by necessity to give up 100% of their income.

The very wealthy are forced by the government to give up a much lower % of their income, much of which is used to help the poor survive and better their economic status, and to help the country to continue functioning.

I suggest no income tax on the working class and the lower middle class; and, a no-loopholes, no-slick-tricks flat-rate 10% income tax on the income brackets above that.
Unread 07-12-2020, 08:55 PM

Two things in life are certain death and taxes. Got to pay Ceasar what is owed to Ceasar. I agree with reducing taxes significantly. If Biden was to be elected America will see the biggest tax hike in history. As if his proposal were to pass. He would repeal the 2017 tax reform which has helped middle and lower class, added 7 million new jobs and opened doors to many shuttered businesses. It eliminated Obama care which was pressing to families and small businesses.

America now independently producing oil and gas greater than Russia and Saudi combined. I know you don't like him and understand. However, he has done what he said he would do. Bringing sourcing back home.

Although he has been a great benefit for the people, he has another main objective. To give up his golden years to fight a problem that has been normalized in today's society is what I hope to see. Its slowly happening, but it is happening.
Unread 07-12-2020, 08:57 PM

I came up with a label for my political/economic attitude: Preambleist.

Here's what it's about:

Preamble to the United States Constitution

We the People of the United States,
• in order to form a more perfect Union,
• insure Justice,
• insure domestic Tranquility,
• provide for the common defence,
• promote the general Welfare, and
• secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity,
• do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

I was careful to keep the upper and lowercase lettering as it was written.
I added the bold print myself, except for the word "Constitution", which was originally in bold print.

The Preambleist Party doesn't require lockstep agreement on exactly what polices will accomplish the goals as expressed in the Preamble, but does consider them all necessary and of equal importance.

Last edited by david starling; 07-12-2020 at 11:01 PM.
Unread 07-12-2020, 09:14 PM

Jessica Doty Whitaker
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...er-family-says

An Indiana mother was fatally shot following an argument with a group of people over the Black Lives Matter movement, according to her family.Jessica Doty Whitaker of Indianapolis was killed while walking with her fiance, Jose Ramirez, on July 5. The fatal shooting occurred after 3 a.m. local time when the couple encountered a group of four men and a woman with whom they got into an argument over the Black Lives Matter movement and its messaging.

Whitaker had said "All lives matter" in response to a comment on the Black Lives Matter movement.
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

"BUt THey aaAre pEaCCeFUl PrroTesToRRs"!

Unread 07-12-2020, 09:19 PM

No coverage, so said
Unread 07-12-2020, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eekndyn View Post
Two things in life are certain death and taxes. Got to pay Ceasar what is owed to Ceasar. I agree with reducing taxes significantly. If Biden was to be elected America will see the biggest tax hike in history. As if his proposal were to pass. He would repeal the 2017 tax reform which has helped middle and lower class, added 7 million new jobs and opened doors to many shuttered businesses. It eliminated Obama care which was pressing to families and small businesses.

America now independently producing oil and gas greater than Russia and Saudi combined. I know you don't like him and understand. However, he has done what he said he would do. Bringing sourcing back home.

Although he has been a great benefit for the people, he has another main objective. To give up his golden years to fight a problem that has been normalized in today's society is what I hope to see. Its slowly happening, but it is happening.
You mean those permanent, MASSIVE tax cuts for the Wealthiest, coupled with temporary, miniscule tax breaks for the middle class, millions with inadequate health insurance, policies that are devastating to the Environment and the Wilderness, hurtful cuts to the social-safety-net and worker-safety regulations, along with acerbic rhetoric that has divided the nation?
He did try to eliminate Obama's anti-"Preexisting conditions" requirement, but had to let it stand, because it was so politically unpopular to do so.
He inherited an economy poised to rebound, which would have steadily improved under any President
He hasn't "given up his golden years"--he's a shock-jock, narcissistic megalomaniac, having the time of his life!
Unread 07-12-2020, 09:28 PM

Aoc reason for the upsurge of crime in NYC.

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1...549464578?s=20
Unread 07-12-2020, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirius View Post
Jessica Doty Whitaker
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...er-family-says

An Indiana mother was fatally shot following an argument with a group of people over the Black Lives Matter movement, according to her family.Jessica Doty Whitaker of Indianapolis was killed while walking with her fiance, Jose Ramirez, on July 5. The fatal shooting occurred after 3 a.m. local time when the couple encountered a group of four men and a woman with whom they got into an argument over the Black Lives Matter movement and its messaging.

Whitaker had said "All lives matter" in response to a comment on the Black Lives Matter movement.
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

"BUt THey aaAre pEaCCeFUl PrroTesToRRs"!
Shooter unknown: Possibly an enemy of her fiance, who considered it necessary to be carrying a gun himself, or even a clandestine Trump operative, seeing an opportunity to discredit BLM?

It did not happen during the confrontation, which ended peacefully. It happened afterwards, from a distance, shooter anonymous.

Last edited by david starling; 07-12-2020 at 10:21 PM.
Unread 07-12-2020, 11:04 PM

Quote:
No coverage, so said
There's coverage. When you read the whole story, you'll recognize the fake news angle as expressed in Dirius' post.
Unread 07-12-2020, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
Trump REFUSED Emergency Request To Pay For Leftist Rioters Damage
Democrats Leadership Backfires.

The Governor of Minnesota

has requested of Trump around $16 Million dollars
in order to fix damage caused by the far left riots in Minneapolis.

But what would the outcome be?

The city has just voted to abolish the police outright.
Why should the US tax payer
bail out a city with severe leadership problems?
If Democrats in MN can't run things properly
then the people need to vote them out
not expect a handout from Trump or the federal government.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yagpdCax6Sw

Race Is Being Used
By Foreign Enemies And The Far Left
To Divide Americans From Within
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWxZe_KVnv4

Camden County, in New Jersey, disbanded the old policing system in 2013, and created a new one which resulted in cutting the homicide rate now to less than half of what it was then. There were also no riots in Camden during BLM protests following the George Floyd murder.
Unread 07-13-2020, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Well first because every single campaign promise he made to his voters, he has kept, or tried to and blocked by the democrats. Not every promise has been succesfully implemented, some have only been partial. It is fair to point out he's been in office for 4 years only, and he spent most of his presidency having to fight the stupid impeachment trial, while 2020 will be about dealing with covid19 crisis.

So on the very least he is keeping the promises made to the people who voted for him. So he does seem to serve the interest of those who cast a vote for him.

There is also no record of him profitting from the presidency. If you have evidence to the contrary, or at least a theory about how he's done this, you can show it to everyone.
---
---
Second, yes, Trump is a narcissist. An unapologetic narcissist with bad manners that can't recognise when he's made a mistake, and can never accept blame for anything. He also tries to project an "alpha macho" image. That can be upsetting to some, but may resonate with others.

Who cares?

Is he keeping this promises, or doing a good job? That is all that matters. And many people seem to agree he is.

It is fair to dislike his policy, but that is not the same thing as saying he is not serving the public interest.
Let's look at the facts.

Most politicians make campaign promises they can't keep. But let's be clear that the Senate has been Republican-dominated during Trump's term, so this branch of Congress is in Trump's hip pocket.

The House of Representatives was also under Republican control during the first two years of Trump's presidency, giving him a clean sweep of Congress in 2017-18.

One wonders why he couldn't accomplish more when his party controlled both houses of Congress.

Meanwhile, despite campaign chants of "Lock her up" Hillary Clinton remains at large.

Only a fraction of Trump's promised wall with Mexico has been built.

Trump wasn't involved in "fighting the impeachment trial." This was left to his lawyers and Republican members of Congress. Ditto for the Mueller investigation. One gets the impression that Trump simply watched too much television news.

The Trump hotel in the former US Post Office headquarters in Washington seems to have attracted foreign dignitaries seeking favours, but not to have made money.

A majority of Americans think Trump has harmed the public interest with his continued bungling of coronavirus pandemic.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
The Following User Says Thank You to waybread For This Useful Post:
david starling (07-13-2020)
Unread 07-13-2020, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Hi waybread why was my post racist?

Can you please explain the main topic which was the reason this thread was created? or are you still gonna deflect the question?

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

I'm actually a minarchist, not an anarco-capitalist.
I'm not playing your little game, Dirius. I don't even recall which post you mean. You have read none of the links I gave you to try to bring you up to speed. It's like, one can't explain calculus to someone with a 6th grade-level education in arithmetic.

You do the reading and get up to speed, then we can have your little conversation about your racism.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Unread 07-13-2020, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Camden County, in New Jersey, disbanded the old policing system in 2013, and created a new one which resulted in cutting the homicide rate now to less than half of what it was then. There were also no riots in Camden during BLM protests following the George Floyd murder.
Camden is a really bad example david. Camden has a 47% crime rate per thousand. Making it a rather dangerous city. They just replaced officers, got rid of the police union went bankrupt and reinstated the police union.
Unread 07-13-2020, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
I'm not playing your little game, Dirius. I don't even recall which post you mean. You have read none of the links I gave you to try to bring you up to speed. It's like, one can't explain calculus to someone with a 6th grade-level education in arithmetic.

You do the reading and get up to speed, then we can have your little conversation about your racism.

Hi waybread thats deflection number 8 now? lost count.

But don't worry I'm happy to give you another chance to explain the reason for this thread.

Why is my post "racist"? So far you've made at least 7 posts deflecting the question, which by now is funny.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dirius For This Useful Post:
blackbery (07-14-2020)
Unread 07-13-2020, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Camden is a really bad example david. Camden has a 47% crime rate per thousand. Making it a rather dangerous city. They just replaced officers, got rid of the police union went bankrupt and reinstated the police union.
It's gone from #1 most dangerous to #10. And, about half as many homicides on average since the restructuring following the original disbandment. Not a miraculous transformation, but a major improvement.

For Minneapolis, it provides lessons learned in how to transition to "community-based" policing in the smoothest possible way.
Unread 07-13-2020, 05:09 AM

Quote:
It's gone from #1 most dangerous to #10. And, about half as many homicides on average since the restructuring following the original disbandment. Not a miraculous transformation, but a major improvement.

For Minneapolis, it provides lessons learned in how to transition to "community-based" policing in the smoothest possible way.
No snitch policy. Removal of low income housing.
Unread 07-13-2020, 05:16 AM

Quote:
No snitch policy. Removal of low income housing.
Or, sour grapes from those who predicted a total disaster. Has it improved or not? If so, it may be able to improve things in Minneapolis, much to the chagrin of those who want it to fail.
Unread 07-13-2020, 06:08 AM

Quote:

So let me see if I get this correctly:

They replaced the corrupted police department with new officers, and went from 200 officers to 380, essentially doubling the amount of police patrolling the streets.

They did not abolish the police, they just removed the rotten and dedicated more resources to the police.

How is this an example of "abolish the police" when it actually increased police activity in the area?

blackbery (07-14-2020)
Unread 07-13-2020, 06:55 AM

Quote:
So let me see if I get this correctly:

They replaced the corrupted police department with new officers, and went from 200 officers to 380, essentially doubling the amount of police patrolling the streets.

They did not abolish the police, they just removed the rotten and dedicated more resources to the police.

How is this an example of "abolish the police" when it actually increased police activity in the area?
Exactly! "Dismantling" is only the first step. Those of any political persuasion, who call it "abolishing" are engaging in hype and innuendo for reasons known only to themselves.
Unread 07-13-2020, 08:20 AM

Race Is Being Used

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
The Following User Says Thank You to JUPITERASC For This Useful Post:
Dirius (07-13-2020)
Unread 07-13-2020, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post

Race Is Being Used

I like how they bring up the subject of TikTok - and how it manipulates young people.

blackbery (07-14-2020)
Unread 07-13-2020, 01:28 PM

Another cool video: long time leftists talks about why he'll vote for Trump, and how democrats are bought off by China:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2X-ICtStRI

blackbery (07-14-2020)
Unread 07-13-2020, 10:12 PM

Quote:

I like how they bring up the subject of TikTok
- and how it manipulates young people.

Saagar Enjeti

EXCLUSIVELY EXPOSES DC Lobbyists Taking Chinese Cash
Media Coverup For TikTok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duojBgOv6h0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Unread 07-14-2020, 12:35 AM

He can't explain why he called you racist and aquarius7000 can't explain why she called ME racist even though I'm a member of a minority group has encountered racism and persecution for centuries. Is it because we don't like what black lives matter is doing to inner-cities and the country?

Over a month now of them burning down buildings, burning down black owned and minority owned businesses and looting and senseless violence and a new poll taken 5 days ago.

Poll: 70 Percent of Americans Think ‘Black Lives Matter’ Has Not Improved Race Relations

NY taking 1 billion from their police department because BLM demanded it and the inner-city has a 600% INCREASE in gun deaths. BLM demanded they disbanded anti-crime unit and in 2 weeks, certain parts of black areas have seen many deaths of black people. It's going to be like Chicago soon.

Anti-Crime Units are made up of undercover, plainclothes cops assigned to each precinct and city housing. In addition to targeting illegal guns, they also combat local crime sprees, like burglaries.

A one year old boy was shot and killed and not a word from BLM. The racists are the white people who think it's okay for more black on black crime as long as it doesn't affect them in their safe, white neighbourhoods. They are the racists, not you and I.
They don't speak out against this gun violence because they know the police will be there for them, to protect the white people. Black clergy in these inner-city areas are TERRIFIED of not having police, they want MORE POLICE. Women can't go to the grocery store or to work for they are afraid there will be no police to protect them. They've all gone to the white suburbs to keep the white people safe and it's complete carnage now in the black urban areas. BLM are responsible for this and you and I are the only ones who care.

1-year-old boy killed in Brooklyn as gun violence continues in cities
New York City saw 11 shooting incidents on Sunday, police said.

Shooting incidents in New York have risen from 84 to 223 over the last four weeks

Shootings in other cities, such as Chicago and Philadelphia, have been on the rise over the last few weeks.

New York City's Council approved its budget and removed a billion dollars from the NYPD's budget in response to calls for police reform nearly two weeks ago.

Quote:
Hi waybread thats deflection number 8 now? lost count.

But don't worry I'm happy to give you another chance to explain the reason for this thread.

Why is my post "racist"? So far you've made at least 7 posts deflecting the question, which by now is funny.
The Following User Says Thank You to blackbery For This Useful Post:
Dirius (07-14-2020)