Dating, Mating & Relating with Virgo

MamaMinnee

It appears as though some signs, especially Scorpios, find Virgos difficult to date. They are deemed as too bossy, picky, and critical. Alternately, it is also well-documented that Virgos exponentially improve almost any partnership they enter. In a world of plentiful Chiefs, Virgos make terrific Indians; and are generally heralded as a most supportive partner. So would you {or have you} date a Virgo? Why or why not?

misskitty

I have dated a Virgo, and he was MUCH to wishy-washy and secretive for me. Very unstable. He had Gemini rising and was a Plutonic Virgo. He would change his mind constantly, but keep me in the dark until the very last minute about his decisions. It always ended up with me feeling like the rug was pulled out from my feet because he never discussed things with me. I am not sure if those traits were typical Virgo though. He did have a habit of trying to better me and better everyone he ran across, but was very apprehensive at looking inward at himself for improvements that needed to be made. I would not be adverse to dating another, though.

katydid

I have dated a Virgo, and he was MUCH to wishy-washy and secretive for me. Very unstable. He had Gemini rising and was a Plutonic Virgo. He would change his mind constantly, but keep me in the dark until the very last minute about his decisions. It always ended up with me feeling like the rug was pulled out from my feet because he never discussed things with me. I am not sure if those traits were typical Virgo though. He did have a habit of trying to better me and better everyone he ran across, but was very apprehensive at looking inward at himself for improvements that needed to be made. I would not be adverse to dating another, though.

I love Virgos. But a Gemini rising Virgo would be a difficult combo perhaps. A bit too much Mercury, and bit too over analytical perhaps. :annoyed:

MamaMinnee

... He did have a habit of trying to better me and better everyone he ran across, but was very apprehensive at looking inward at himself for improvements that needed to be made.
Virgos tend to be their own worst critic, so even if it was not obvious to you, he was probably keenly aware of all his faults... and then some...
I would not be adverse to dating another, though.
Excellent!!!

leonine78

I have always been drawn to Virgo women. I am a Leo with Leo rising but have four planets in Virgo (including Mercury, Mars, and Venus), so their energy seems to mesh well with mine (at first). In the end though, my Leo ego always tends to suffer when I'm around Virgo women. Their critical nature and sometimes aloofness/coldness doesn't always sit well with me. Yet, time and time again I am drawn to them as romantic partners and friends alike.

I recently discovered my North Node is in Virgo, so this might explain to me why there have been so many of them in my life. They seem to have a lot to teach me . . .

misskitty

Virgos tend to be their own worst critic, so even if it was not obvious to you, he was probably keenly aware of all his faults... and then some... Excellent!!!

I hope so, because he is still a good friend of mine and I still care about him, even though I no longer have a romantic interest in him. He is a good person. It just seemed to me like he spent so much time trying to help others identify their character flaws in order to help them get rid of them, and he focused so much on his outward appearance, that I don't think he looked inward at the areas that he should have. It caused a lot of problems for him last year. It is probably something we all do from time to time, so I don't really think this is a Virgo trait.

Had circumstances been different (our relationship was one of TERRIBLE timing) I know he is someone I would have been happy with.

Katydid- That Gemini Rising/Virgo Sun combo seemed to wreck havoc in him at times! Just when I thought he had made up his mind about something... BOOM! He would change it because he analyzed a different angle. He was going through a midlife crisis, and I saw the indecision from too much analysis wreck havoc on his health. Unfortunately, I never could get him to see that there are times when you have to stop analyzing and just go with your gut and your intuition. He still hasn't learned that.

MidnightxPoison

I think that all Virgos lacking passion, being overly critical, bossy, picky, fussy, boring, orderly etc is a common misconception.

I am a Virgo Sun and I am extremely passionate in relationships. Very caring, almost obsessively so... because when I fall in love I go head over heels. it must be that Venusian/Plutonian combo in me though.. because I've known some other Virgos who are totally boring and way too practical, down-to-earth etc.. lol.

MamaMinnee

... It just seemed to me like he spent so much time trying to help others identify their character flaws in order to help them get rid of them, and he focused so much on his outward appearance, that I don't think he looked inward at the areas that he should have...
With your Sun conjunct Chiron, and Virgo arguably being ruled by it, it would make sense that you would attract someone Chironic like that--he wants to heal others but cannot (see to) heal himself.

Lin

With my Mars in Virgo, and my moon in Gemini, I have a long history with both signs, and have had many Virgo men in my life and many Virgo friends. NONE were wishy-washy. All were difficult to really KNOW, but the men were all very sensuous.... of course that had to do with my Mars in Virgo attracting that type of man.

HOwever: when it came to 'relying' on them, and even the female friends, over the long term???.....uh uh. Almost every Virgo I ever knew did not have the staying power as far as real dependability goes. Yes, they are good workers, and will be very reliable in any work situation.... but.... emotionally??? MY experience is that they just had very different ideas of what friendship and intimacy meant.
And I hate to say this, but unless the Virgo has a well balanced chart and some good water planets, the depth of emotion is either NOT there or the person feels uncomfortable with deep emotion.
I know this post goes back and forth in "tenses" but I'm in a hurry today so sorry...
but of course I had to put my two cents in, especially since there have been so many Virgos in my life.
I'm a Leo and LOVE the Virgo energy....but....for me, anyway, it never worked out.
LIN

misskitty

With your Sun conjunct Chiron, and Virgo arguably being ruled by it, it would make sense that you would attract someone Chironic like that--he wants to heal others but cannot (see to) heal himself.

That is a really interesting point MamaMinnee, I never thought of that before! Now that you say that it does make perfect sense! When I met him, we were both at the lowest points we had been at in quite some time. His advice and encouragement went a long way in helping me heal, and although he says I was there to catch him when he was falling and helped him too, I do not feel that he learned what he was supposed to learn which is that sometimes you have to follow your gut, not just logic.

I do hope he can learn to come to terms with himself one day. He constantly seems to be in a battle with his head and his heart. His head always wins, but then he seems so unhappy later. I've had to spend a lot of time working with him this past week, and although he won't say why (wouldn't be appropriate given our history) I can tell that he is just really unhappy right now. He is not going to be happy until he figures out that balance.

MamaMinnee

With my Mars in Virgo, and my moon in Gemini, I have a long history with both signs....
I find that Virgo/Gemini Sun/Moon combos work exceptionally well since both partners are always mentallly stimulated.
However: when it came to 'relying' on them, and even the female friends, over the long term???.....uh uh. Almost every Virgo I ever knew did not have the staying power as far as real dependability goes...
Mutable signs tend to act mutable; but Virgos appear to be the ones always there in a pinch, whether they like it or not.
I'm a Leo and LOVE the Virgo energy....but....for me, anyway, it never worked out. LIN
One-on-one partnerships with Leo/Virgo are hard... Leos need considerably more attention than one Virgo can give; and Virgos don't completely understand the need for the constant (to them) drama.

Lin

You said,
"One-on-one partnerships with Leo/Virgo are hard... Leos need considerably more attention than one Virgo can give; and Virgos don't completely understand the need for the constant (to them) drama."

This REALLY made me laugh because it's the Virgos that precipitated the drama in my life...I"m a 9th house Leo with Venus and Jupiter in Cancer, so security and not drama has always been my "schtick"...if I want drama I go to my movies...love the movies....love entertainment...but my personal life has always need stability, and on the surface, the Virgo "seems" like they want stabilty too...but like you said, Virgo is a mutable sign...
but bottom line .... if you want stability in a Virgo, make sure there's no Gemini in his chart....instead, look for Cancer and Capricorn and maybe Taurus to keep him on track.

I also have had my fill of 'drama' from my astrology clients. Granted, being a Leo has helped me deal with drama in other people's lives.... they know I will never "look down" on them for anything going on in their lives... but sometimes I wonder how they survive all the drama.
LIN

Last edited:

MamaMinnee

You said, "One-on-one partnerships with Leo/Virgo are hard... Leos need considerably more attention than one Virgo can give; and Virgos don't completely understand the need for the constant (to them) drama."

This REALLY made me laugh because it's the Virgos that precipitated the drama in my life...LIN
Here is a general horoscope I found for this weekend by Holiday Mathis--I thought you might enjoy it...

COUPLE OF THE WEEKEND: Virgo and Leo are zodiac neighbors who couldn't be more different. Earthy Virgo can be a bit shy and usually likes to rehearse life well, work out the kinks before the fact and handle every detail with perfectionism. Leo approaches life in broad strokes and usually makes a maximum impact with minimum effort. These two exist brilliantly side by side, as they balance each other's strengths.

MamaMinnee

LOL>...waaay too broad an interpretation...............
More on the way too broad....

My thoughts on Virgo relating with the other signs:

--Virgo-Aries:
Virgo likes Aries decisiveness and Aries lets you know where you stand, which Virgo needs.
Aries may be too self-absorbed for Virgo, as well as rough around the edges.
--Virgo-Taurus:
Virgo enjoys a sensual, stable provider and income.
Taurus can be too boring and predictable for Virgo.
--Virgo-Gemini:
The mental stimulation Gemini provides Virgo is exciting for both.
Geminis' two-faces and incessant, often petty, chatter wear on Virgo.
--Virgo-Cancer:
Virgo loves cuddles and family time with sensitive Cancer.
Cancer's ultra-frugality and clingy-ness undermine an otherwise pleasant connection.
--Virgo-Leo:
Leo is fun, creative; and Virgo relishes their royal connections.
Too much drama, Leo's insatiable need for attention, and lying put Virgo off.
--Virgo-Libra:
Libra's style and artistry impress Virgo.
Superficiality and general lack of connection with these two.
--Virgo-Scorpio:
Virgo loves Scorpio's depth and ability to keep a secret.
Scorpio's can be just too mean to poor Virgo. And, the drinking...
--Virgo-Sagittarius:
Sagittarius' expansive mind and tales of travel engage Virgo.
Sag can be too fickle and boisterous for Virgo.
--Virgo-Capricorn:
Virgo likes Daddy because he pays the cost to be the boss. Caps are also acceptable mates public--they know and play by the 'rules.'
Caps can be too bossy, slow and boring for Virgo. Plus, their need to 'one-up' gets old.
--Virgo-Aquarius:
Great mental connection and no regulations, which both like.
I rarely see a problem with this combo. Maybe Aquarius is too detached... maybe...
--Virgo-Pisces:
Pisces sensitivity, warmth and acceptance of Virgo's perfectionist tendencies nurture Virgo. And, Pisces are so romantic...
Pisces sleep way too much and devote entirely too much time to their un-paid 'dreamworld.'

star2858

Hi,

I would call myself a triple Virgo. Sun, Mars and Venus in Virgo all in 5th house. Female.

My boyfriend is a triple Leo. I do find myself improving the relationship but i find myself changing him. Changing his habits etc. I find myself being critical and fussy about little things too, he always tells me to chill haha.

I think he finds me a bit moody, erratic and unpredictable. But he always says i am very loyal, which is definitely a virgo thing.

Virgo, being the sign of the virgin. We don't shag (*i am 21, he is 25*), although he wants to. I think when we first met, he said i was "calculated", as in looking for the right answers to my questions and being a bit judgmental and picky. Which is true.

redwolf481

what do yall think of virgos who have venus in scorpio....virgos to me usually are girls who are relationship oriented if I was to generalize not one night stand girls...they usually analyze you over a period of time before they invest in you as a boyfriend(then they give you their all till they just know it won't work) they usually put you through the loop a series of tests before they will accept you as a boyfriend,....but do you guys feel the virgo venus in scorpios defy this and can be promiscous and ect....virgo is submissive it wanst to serve and venus in scorpio can be a bit of a massochist and may have trouble dating someone that treats them too well when they don't feel they deserve it...anyone have stories like this....go through a bad boy dating phase....especially any young virgos with venus in scorpio conjunct pluto give me your stories I need your insights!!

Roseapple

I am a Scorpio Sun woman and I get hit on by Virgo men all the time! I swear that every time I hit it off with someone and I ask them for their birth date, sure enough they turn out to be Virgos! I've gotten involved with all three decanates of Virgos and although they do share some similar traits, the one thing that stood out to me was that they wanted to progress into the relationship very quickly. All wanted a commitment right away, which, by the way, I was reluctant to give. They are relentless and will shower you with poems, songs, specially written cards, flowers and their dedication. They want to know EVERYTHING about you and make regular mental notes of your likes and dislikes.
Loves to get physical, often and regularly. They charge full steam ahead in the first few stages of the relationship and then halfway through, their enthusiasm just wears off and they settle down quickly into a "comfortable" relationship. One thing that was never lacking was the mental rapport that we shared together. We are still able to be friends even after the relationship has fizzled and I will keep on dating them because I have no choice, they are just everywhere!

MamaMinnee

...I would call myself a triple Virgo. Sun, Mars and Venus in Virgo all in 5th house. Female...

My boyfriend is a triple Leo....

Virgo, being the sign of the virgin. We don't shag (*i am 21, he is 25*), although he wants to. I think when we first met, he said i was "calculated", as in looking for the right answers to my questions and being a bit judgmental and picky. Which is true.
I think it's fascinating how many Leos and Virgos are/were couples. I had no idea of the prevalence until now.

You might be interested to know that Virgo is not just the sign of the virgin. It is a mutable sign, embodying two very distinct connotations, the Madonna, as well as the Whore. Virgos run the gamut... and generally don't stay virgins forever.

gaer

I think that all Virgos lacking passion, being overly critical, bossy, picky, fussy, boring, orderly etc is a common misconception.

I am a Virgo Sun and I am extremely passionate in relationships. Very caring, almost obsessively so... because when I fall in love I go head over heels. it must be that Venusian/Plutonian combo in me though.. because I've known some other Virgos who are totally boring and way too practical, down-to-earth etc.. lol.
When I read this, it made me smile. :)

Only your Sun is in Virgo, Mars in Aries, Venus in Leo, lots of fire. I'd wager people who meet you do not guess Virgo. :)